What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rachaad White, TB (1 Viewer)

After taking Ekeler in the first, I went heavy on WRs (and grabbed Josh Allen due to VBD) and took White as my second RB. After a slow start he's been a godsend. I took Sean Tucker late as a hedge but cut him long ago.

The fact this guy is RB4 in PPR is insane to me.

Post in thread 'Your 2023 Ballsy Callsy'
https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/your-2023-ballsy-callsy.810047/post-24612953

🤷‍♂️
I dunno if he'll be a first rounder next year, but he'll definitely go much higher than he did this year.

If one guy is getting all the RB receptions AND all the goal-line carries, that's quite valuable in FF regardless of how good the player, his team and his offense actually are.

The fact this guy is RB4 in PPR is insane to me.

Post in thread 'Your 2023 Ballsy Callsy'
https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/your-2023-ballsy-callsy.810047/post-24612953

🤷‍♂️
I dunno if he'll be a first rounder next year, but he'll definitely go much higher than he did this year.

If one guy is getting all the RB receptions AND all the goal-line carries, that's quite valuable in FF regardless of how good the player, his team and his offense actually are.
They've been coming around. If anyone watched the 4th quarter against Atlanta they were running it all over them with Rachaad. They're moving to more of a gap scheme, which the players are handling much better than the mid-zone they were running earlier in the season.

2023-12-14

Austin Abbott
Does anybody realize just how fantastic
Rachaad White’s been this season?

White’s on pace for some wildly impressive numbers, here’s his current 17 game pace 👇🏻

🔹267.3 fantasy points
🔸326 touches (more than Derrick Henry)
🔹263 rushing attempts (more than Saquon)
🔸63 receptions (more than Jahmyr Gibbs)
🔹1,522 total yards (more than Bijan)
🔸 9 TD’s
🔹RB4 in fantasy

Rachaad White’s only 24 years old and he’s built like a 3 down back standing at 6’0 215 lbs, with blazing 4.48 speed (82nd%).

#4 in snap share (78.4%)
#4 in rushing attempts
#3 in receiving yards
#5 in receptions
#1 in routes run
#2 in catch rate
#9 in evaded tackles
#2 in yards created

Rachaad’s advanced receiving metrics are top tier, his efficiency is great (excluding YPC at 3.71), and his productivity is about as good as it gets man.

Rachaad White’s a very underrated RB, he seriously has a bright future in the NFL.

He would have had another TD (or at least very close) at the end of the game on a pretty long run but he pulled up and went down to run the clock out

Last edited:
He would have or had another TD (or at least very close) at the end of the game on a pretty long run but he pulled up and went down to run the clock out
Very unselfish of him, but I would have loved for the Bucs to score 40+

The receiving TD was beautiful. He runs routes and catches the ball like a wideout.
Such a good receiver. That touchdown was a beautiful route. I was way wrong on this guy.

He would have or had another TD (or at least very close) at the end of the game on a pretty long run but he pulled up and went down to run the clock out
Very unselfish of him, but I would have loved for the Bucs to score 40+

The receiving TD was beautiful. He runs routes and catches the ball like a wideout.
I would have liked to see 40+ also.

As a Bucs fan, been fun having him on my team this year. Keeper league to boot. He runs great routes and has soft hands for sure. Happy to see him getting used more like a Kamara than a Henry. Hopefully they keep him the premier back next season.

What happened to him today ??
First game in the last 10 that he didn't get over double digits.
Did he get benched at the end or get hurt?? He lost a lot of touches to Edmonds and wasn't in the last couple of series.

Did he get benched at the end or get hurt?? He lost a lot of touches to Edmonds and wasn't in the last couple of series.

I didn't watch the game, but I know he fumbled, so he was probably being "punished" or something stupid like that.

I didn't watch the game, but I know he fumbled, so he was probably being "punished" or something stupid like that.
2 plays before he fumbled, he had his ankle rolled up on and left the field for the next play. Came back in and fumbled and that's pretty much when I started watching another game.

Is this guy possibly underrated? I missed on him big time. A full time back that gets goal line opps and catches the ball is extremely valuable.
The Bucs were dead last in YPC, and Rachaad led the charge with a dismal 3.6. Fortunately for him, no one else on the team had success running, as the other 3 RB's on the team (Edmonds, Vaughn, Tucker) combined for 2.7 YPC. As a runner, he was the best of the worst. He made his fantasy money as a receiver out of the backfield, and he was great at it. Only Breece, Kamara, and CMC had more catches, and his 549 yards were topped by only Breece and CMC. His catch percentage (91.4%) was so good (how good was it?), that no other RB in the league with at least 15 catches (61 RB's qualified) had a better catch percentage. And it wasn't like he was only getting dump-offs for no gain. His 8.6 yards per catch were better than all other RB's with over 50 receptions. Lastly, Rachaad was one of only 3 RB's with at least 75% of his teams RB touches in 2023, along with Etienne and Mixon. The only thing keeping him from 300 touches again is injury.

Is this guy possibly underrated? I missed on him big time. A full time back that gets goal line opps and catches the ball is extremely valuable.
They've been dead last in rushing two years in a row. I expect there to be an emphasis in the draft very early on for the running game and especially the interior (C/LG) offensive line. Their tackles are good in Goedeke and great in Wirfs. Mauch was a rookie, but was a 2nd round pick, and Licht linemen typically grow quite a bit in year 2. Rachaad also needs to be better as a runner and blocker, but at the moment he is not challenged and should continue to be extremely valuable in fantasy football. If they do add a young RB early in the draft I think that indicates more that they think Sean Tucker can't contribute versus any threat to White's touches.

They've been dead last in rushing two years in a row. I expect there to be an emphasis in the draft very early on for the running game and especially the interior (C/LG) offensive line. Their tackles are good in Goedeke and great in Wirfs. Mauch was a rookie, but was a 2nd round pick, and Licht linemen typically grow quite a bit in year 2. Rachaad also needs to be better as a runner and blocker, but at the moment he is not challenged and should continue to be extremely valuable in fantasy football. If they do add a young RB early in the draft I think that indicates more that they think Sean Tucker can't contribute versus any threat to White's touches.
I mostly agree, but I think a young RB could be a lot more of a threat to White than just a better end of bench guy.

I do wonder how much job security a lot of these guys have beyond Baker, Evans, and Godwin. Dave Canales did a good job getting the most out of this group, but I seriously question if guys like White and Otten are any good, or if they just saw volume, because the guys behind them were bad.

Wouldn't be shocked if TB spent a day 2 pick at either spot. Or 3rd WR for that matter.

I mostly agree, but I think a young RB could be a lot more of a threat to White than just a better end of bench guy.

I do wonder how much job security a lot of these guys have beyond Baker, Evans, and Godwin. Dave Canales did a good job getting the most out of this group, but I seriously question if guys like White and Otten are any good, or if they just saw volume, because the guys behind them were bad.

Wouldn't be shocked if TB spent a day 2 pick at either spot. Or 3rd WR for that matter.
You’re not wrong. Both the RB room and TE room could use an infusion of talent. Trey Palmer showed some things, but they may want to upgrade at WR3 outside as well with Godwin likely to take more slot snaps.

Needs at iOL, EDGE, and inside LBer also. Big draft for them.

They have 4 picks inside the top 100 and could add more if they want to back up a bit in round 1.

You’re not wrong. Both the RB room and TE room could use an infusion of talent. Trey Palmer showed some things, but they may want to upgrade at WR3 outside as well with Godwin likely to take more slot snaps.

They have 4 picks inside the top 100 and could add more if they want to back up a bit in round 1.
They are an interesting team on the cusp. They seem to have good enough pieces on the offensive side (most teams could always use a boost on OL), but if they nail some guys on D they could be a dangerous squad.

I think TB is happy with White, and will not spend any of their first 4 picks on RB (26, 57, 89, 92). In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if he led the league in touches.

Dave Canales did a good job getting the most out of this group
The dirty little secret about the Bucs last year is that Dave Canales did not do a very good job. His play calling was abysmal and predictable. They did do very well in the playoffs which is why he got that job.

I doubt highly they spend a top-100 on a back. Very slim chance. I do agree they need another TE and a WR3. Was surprised they didn’t get a WR in free agency.

Rookie tight ends almost never work out so I imagine they add a depth piece somewhere. Cade is their guy.

Gotta be a stock up guy right now, no? They beefed up the line and he’s dodged all of the most worrisome competition at rb at this point. I’m sure they’ll draft some depth in the 5th or 6th, but all signs are pointing to another massive workload this season.

Gotta be a stock up guy right now, no? They beefed up the line and he’s dodged all of the most worrisome competition at rb at this point. I’m sure they’ll draft some depth in the 5th or 6th, but all signs are pointing to another massive workload this season.
They have a 4th and Jaylen Wright or Ray Davis (Bucs new OC is from Kentucky) are still on the board. They don’t even have a 5th though so looking good for him and I’d say Sean Tucker too if there’s no RB with pick 125.

Last edited:
I see the Bucs drafting Estime or Allen in the 4th. They have an obvious need for a more effective, 1st and 2nd down, between the tackles runner. I think Estime is the better fit. I am not sold on Allen, but Allen fits the profile, so I included him

Bucs drafted RB Bucky Irving, Oregon. Considering his draft profile, it's a bit worrisome for White.

ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis

Irving ran for 1,000-plus yards in both seasons at Oregon and led all FBS running backs in catches with 56 in 2023. He's a natural pass-catcher in stride and threatens after the catch. He has the quick feet to sift through traffic in addition to a good burst through the hole and around the corner. Irving makes defenders miss without losing much forward momentum, and he runs well on tape. He's not built like a team's primary ball carrier or power back, but he runs hard and has good contact balance. -- Steve Muench

Bucs drafted RB Bucky Irving, Oregon. Considering his draft profile, it's a bit worrisome for White.

ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis

Irving ran for 1,000-plus yards in both seasons at Oregon and led all FBS running backs in catches with 56 in 2023. He's a natural pass-catcher in stride and threatens after the catch. He has the quick feet to sift through traffic in addition to a good burst through the hole and around the corner. Irving makes defenders miss without losing much forward momentum, and he runs well on tape. He's not built like a team's primary ball carrier or power back, but he runs hard and has good contact balance. -- Steve Muench
Isn’t he like 5’9” 190 lbs? I’d have been a little more concerned if they had drafted a bruiser that was going to go potentially steal GL work.

He may be a good pass catcher, but I’d doubt very highly he’s better at it than White.

ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis

Isn’t he like 5’9” 190 lbs? I’d have been a little more concerned if they had drafted a bruiser that was going to go potentially steal GL work.

He may be a good pass catcher, but I’d doubt very highly he’s better at it than White.
I will be drafting him where I can he’ll take this job!

Tex

ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis

Tex
So he’s the new Sean Tucker, got it.

ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis

I could certainly see Irving taking White off the field on 3rd downs. Irving is a James White type. If you wanna take some work of White's plate, it makes more sense to take 3rd downs than GL given the options available to them.

ESPN

Pre-Draft Analysis

Tex
So he’s the new Sean Tucker, got it.
I’d say he was drafted to take Tucker’s job.

Users who are viewing this thread