What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Ray Davis, BUF (1 Viewer)

Found his 3 down back potential enticing. He has been described as having downfield receiving ability additionally.
Cook had a very good year in 2023 but think Bills would like to keep his 190 pound body intact for the full season and open up carries to Davis similar to the Gibbs/Montgomery situation in Detroit.
Also Cook had very few goal line carries and do not see that changing with Allen and Davis as the other options.

Can we delete this thread until after rookie draft season please.
Is this guy that much better than Zach Moss? Zach Moss with two seasons of 5 TDs each (in 2020 & 2021) and zero in 2022 in Buffalo? Who never eclipsed 500 rushing yards? Just not sure there's that much to go around with Josh Allen rushing the ball there.

Can we delete this thread until after rookie draft season please.
Is this guy that much better than Zach Moss? Zach Moss with two seasons of 5 TDs each (in 2020 & 2021) and zero in 2022 in Buffalo? Who never eclipsed 500 rushing yards? Just not sure there's that much to go around with Josh Allen rushing the ball there.
Moss was a better prospect. James Cook is also better than Singletary was, and Josh Allen wasn't running "tush push" plays then.

I liked the Davis pick by Buffalo, but its as a #2 RB. Unless they completely drop the Allen sneaks (unlikely as it was the most successful play in the NFL) or Cook gets injured, its hard to see Davis exceeding RB4 value.

It may take all day and all of the night to figure out.
weak. I'm a UK fan so I've seen all of Davis. I like him at the next level, so you're going to have to convince me otherwise (besides age). I'm not saying he's the next coming of a stud, but he has game and it is very good.

It may take all day and all of the night to figure out.
weak. I'm a UK fan so I've seen all of Davis. I like him at the next level, so you're going to have to convince me otherwise (besides age). I'm not saying he's the next coming of a stud, but he has game and it is very good.
Agree. Ice surfer shirked the question.

Really like ball-carriers who run with a low, wide base. Whether Davis is a fit I can't say. Accordingly, when Joe Brady took over an area where they improved was YAC. No coincidence, going back to when he was with Carolina & New Orleans, often top-10 in yac/rec & yac %. Guys like Cook & Khalil Shakir, assuming a larger role.

Could be wrong, but even though the pieces around Josh Allen have gotten younger, collectively, it's a better group. I don't think Ray Davis makes a lot of sense as a stand alone handcuff. But for James Cook owners, if Davis is at the back of your bench not doing anything, that would almost assuredly means that Cook is. Accordingly, Keon Coleman adds two elite traits: ball skills & the ability to dominate above the rim. In his wheelhouse tracking & high-pointing the reception with big, sticky hands.

Another interesting trait is his tendency to work back toward the QB when the play breaks down. Really like what the Bills did here with Coleman & Davis.

Users who are viewing this thread