What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rico Dowdle, DAL (1 Viewer)

Cowboys RB Rico Dowdle rushed eight times for 38 yards and caught two passes for nine yards and one touchdown in Saturday’s preseason matchup against the Seahawks.
Dowdle was the Cowboys’ first running back on the field on Saturday and found the end zone on a six-yard pass from Cooper Rush. He averaged a solid 4.8 yards per carry on the evening, with his longest rush coming on a nine-yard scamper on the team’s first drive. Dowdle is looking more and more like the RB2 behind Tony Pollard and is a worthwhile stash in the later rounds of fantasy drafts.

I don't believe this hype. He's very unexciting and the guys behind aren't far behind and can make big plays.
Leupke smashes in for TDs and also plays FB and TE. Maybe twice I read where they let him catch passes and have multiple runs to show he's an Alstott clone. Nowhere near the opportunity he needed to get.
Still though, he's a utility guy that can get these hard yards.
The other backs are obvious

I like Dowdle to land the number 2 job, great complement to Pollard.
I think the bigger questions to consider here:
1) Will Dallas Run truly the ball more than 2022 as per McCarthy's claim / New OC ?
2) Will Pollard handle the full season or > 300 touches if they Run, Run and Run again?
3) Who will share the load with Pollard / Handcuff if Pollard is hurt, injured or misses time?
4) Does Rico take the RB2 role or does it expand for him to share the load in RBBC?
5) Does the RB2 role become the RBBC situation (Pollard RB1, Rico/Davis/Vaughn share RB2 role)
6) Can any of them "distinguish" themselves to become sole RB2 ??

Also, How much will this "Run More" approach impact Dak & his FF value?

Strange game with the ST and defensive TD early. Dowdle came in on the first drive of the 2nd quarter and had runs for 10, 2 and no yards. Finished with 6 carries for 24 yards. Duece only played late when the game was over.

He's a tough runner with 3 down skills including blocking. Pretty athletic (8.59 RAS), but injuries have held him back both in college and the pros. He's had several good runs in his preseasons. Could he be a top RB if Pollard went down? Or maybe get more action anyway to keep Pollard fresh.

Strange game with the ST and defensive TD early. Dowdle came in on the first drive of the 2nd quarter and had runs for 10, 2 and no yards. Finished with 6 carries for 24 yards. Duece only played late when the game was over.

He's a tough runner with 3 down skills including blocking. Pretty athletic (8.59 RAS), but injuries have held him back both in college and the pros. He's had several good runs in his preseasons. Could he be a top RB if Pollard went down? Or maybe get more action anyway to keep Pollard fresh.
I've been fighting whether or not Dallas lets Dowdle operate as a true 1a should Pollard go down. I don't see it. I'd rather hold guys like K. Ingram, Kelley (obv now), J. Ford, etc.

I've been fighting whether or not Dallas lets Dowdle operate as a true 1a should Pollard go down. I don't see it. I'd rather hold guys like K. Ingram, Kelley (obv now), J. Ford, etc.
I've got Pollard and really nervous I don't have Dowdle. I've been trying to trade for him, but the other guy wants an overpay, and beginning to think it might be worth it. Problem is I'm not deep enough to overpay. Just crossing my fingers on Pollards health, but not too confident for the whole season based on the RB devastation the past few weeks.

I thought Dowdle looked the part last week-- obvoiusly worried about little timeshare if Pollard ever goes down-- but Dowdle has some juice

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports Cowboys RB Rico Dowdle (ankle) is expected to play on Thanksgiving against the Commanders.

Dowdle was listed as questionable by the Cowboys with an ankle injury, but he is expected to play against the Commanders. He got in a limited practice on Wednesday after not practicing earlier in the week. Dowdle had tweaked his ankle on Saturday prior to the Cowboys’ Week 11 game, getting eight carries against the Panthers. He is the distant backup to Tony Pollard and ankle injury risk keeps Dowdle off the fantasy radar for Thanksgiving.

Cowboys agreed to terms with RB Rico Dowdle.
We’re less than a week into the new league year, but Dowdle’s return could prove important for fantasy purposes. While it’s possible the Cowboys will use an early pick on a running back in the draft, the free agent market has already seen its top players sign with new teams. Dowdle, who totaled 505 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns as Tony Pollard’s backup, could be asked to play a larger role in 2024. It’s too early to suggest Dowdle would be anything more than a fringe RB3/RB4 at this point, but his ability to work on early downs and passing downs would make him an interesting option late in drafts if the Cowboys don’t add any running backs of note.

Users who are viewing this thread