What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 waiver pickups (1 Viewer)

Anything to see with Wan'Dale Robinson getting 5 targets?
Too many mouths to feed in a below average offense. Slayton, Hodgins, Shepard, Campbell, Hyatt, and Waller.
Aside from Waller, and even then maybe not anymore, I don't think any of those guys qualifies as "too many mouths". The Giants may have (probably do) the worst receiving room in the league.

Plenty of opportunities to seize a lead role but I doubt any of them will.

Too many mouths to feed in a below average offense. Slayton, Hodgins, Shepard, Campbell, Hyatt, and Waller.
Aside from Waller, and even then maybe not anymore, I don't think any of those guys qualifies as "too many mouths". The Giants may have (probably do) the worst receiving room in the league.
Patriots out here like :hey:

They loved him last year and seem to this year since he just stepped right in.
Hyatt isn't getting targets but his day is coming.
I can't start Giants WRs. Push comes to shove I never pick them this year.
Nothing wrong with adding Wandale and seeing how it goes

Free agents are completely different matters in redraft vs dynasty so this information is key with any post.
Given that these threads are 95% about redraft, I think that can be the assumption. If we don't want a separate thread, perhaps people posting about dynasty waiver targets can put DYNASTY in the post and otherwise we can assume it's redraft and stop bitching at each other.

Free agents are completely different matters in redraft vs dynasty so this information is key with any post.
Given that these threads are 95% about redraft, I think that can be the assumption. If we don't want a separate thread, perhaps people posting about dynasty waiver targets can put DYNASTY in the post and otherwise we can assume it's redraft and stop bitching at each other.

I’d definitely prefer separate threads.

Josh Palmer or Quentin Johnson with initial thoughts that Mike Williams is out for season?
Herbert looks super comfortable throwing to his TEs this year. Not sure if it's length of time together, favorable matchups, or Moore's offense but it catches your eye.
I'd expect Parham to get maybe two more targets a week pushing them up to about ten total.
I'm not sure Palmer and Johnson are going to be enough for FF without a TD. (Parham isn't)

I'd have said Johnson for months now but the first three weeks has reminded me of rookie WR struggles and I'm leaning Palmer.

When's the last time Dallas had a #2 WR you wanted in FF?

I see a lot of caution here whereas everyone else is jumping in.
I'll put waivers in for both but I'm hesitant with how much

Debating what to do at TE in my 12-team PPR. Last week I gambled on Taysom over Kincaid, which technically "worked" (3.9 vs 2.3) but obviously didn't give me much confidence to start either going forward. Best options on WW are:

• Turd Ferguson
  • Parham (all he does is catch TDs)
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Based on those, I suspect my best option is to hold onto Kincaid and hope he pops. But the way he's splitting targets with Knox is not very encouraging. There is also the theory that Carr's injury will mean more touches for Hill, but it's not like he did in the second half of yesterday's game. I think I'm done with the Taysom Tease

Debating what to do at TE in my 12-team PPR. Last week I gambled on Taysom over Kincaid, which technically "worked" (3.9 vs 2.3) but obviously didn't give me much confidence to start either going forward. Best options on WW are:

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Based on those, I suspect my best option is to hold onto Kincaid and hope he pops. But the way he's splitting targets with Knox is not very encouraging. There is also the theory that Carr's injury will mean more touches for Hill, but it's not like he did in the second half of yesterday's game. I think I'm done with the Taysom Tease
Same. I spot started Hill over Kincaid also. Holding Kincaid but looking for bump. Put in zero dollar waiver claim on Everett. Williams targets have to go somewhere.

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Yikes I wouldnt want any of these guys. Ferguson would be top of this list

Picked up Tutu and Tank last week the best available in my deep league that I may try and get are Thielen and Stroud.
It's Thielen or Palmer for me. Leaning toward Thielen since I already roster Allen and QJ from the Bolts. I'm looking at a fairly high bid but the wallet is a little light after spending heavily on Josh Kelley :bag:.

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Same. I spot started Hill over Kincaid also. Holding Kincaid but looking for bump. Put in zero dollar waiver claim on Everett. Williams targets have to go somewhere.
If only we could combine Everett's targets with Parham's redzone looks, GerDon Everham would be a locked-in TE1!

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
If only we could combine Everett's targets with Parham's redzone looks, GerDon Everham would be a locked-in TE1!
Sounds like a decent league vote at least. After I land Everett.

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Right. But at a certain point with replacement-level TEs, the floor doesn't matter. Who cares if one guy goes 1/15 and another goes 2/20? So might as well just go for the guy with upside, which in this case would seem to be Kincaid

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Right. But at a certain point with replacement-level TEs, the floor doesn't matter. Who cares if one guy goes 1/15 and another goes 2/20? So might as well just go for the guy with upside, which in this case would seem to be Kincaid
I dont see much upside when hes like the 7th option they use in the red zone behind Diggs, Davis, Allen, Knox, Murray, and Harris

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
I dont see much upside when hes like the 7th option they use in the red zone behind Diggs, Davis, Allen, Knox, Murray, and Harris
I think some thought he would fall ahead of Knox, Murray and Harris in the red zone pecking order.

• Turd Ferguson
  • Everett
  • LThomas
I think some thought he would fall ahead of Knox, Murray and Harris in the red zone pecking order.
Not disagreeing with that thought but it clearly hasnt happened.

I'm desperate at RB. Breece Warren and Gibson all stink. Jets abandon the run even before they fall behind I'm thinking about benching Breece this weekend I can see KC just blowing them out. I might end up picking up Latavius Murray and praying he can get me something. Watching Jets rely on Zach Wilson who sucks instead of using Breece is tough to watch. Could see KC get up by 10 points quickly and Breece no longer used again.

Josh Palmer or Quentin Johnson with initial thoughts that Mike Williams is out for season?
Quentin is a sneaky good call
Neither are available in dynasty leagues. Perhaps we should have separate threads for weekly waivers, one for dynasty and one for redraft.

I have posted some waiver wire thoughts labeled as dynasty in this weekly waiver wire thread. I think that's fair. I would patron a dynasty waiver wire thread..... however, couldn't these moves just piggyback on the dynasty trades thread?

I know it's not technically a league trade, but aren't we just trading one end-of-bench player with another on the free agent team, sometimes with FAAB included on our side? If that is a disservice to the trade thread, then certainly the dynasty value thread is fair game, right?

Moderators, if you have any recommendations on where dynasty waiver discussion belongs, I'm all ears.

With that said, 24x12 1QB dynasty for week 4:

• someone dropped Cedric Tillman. I want to pounce, but I'm not sure I will have the patience to see it through.
  • If Jimmy G doesn't clear concussion protocol, would Aidan O'Connell get a shot or would it be Hoyer?
  • Taysom Hill (TE DESIGNATION) with Carr out
  • Parham - 2 TD snags, no more Mike Williams
  • Hard to get excited about stashing Jeff Wilson on IR, but he's one Mostert injury away from being really interesting in this offense
  • picked up Demario Douglas last week. Almost encouraged that he wasn't completely banished by BB from the offense for this game. Another dud from Juju, hoping maybe that the opportunities pick up going forward. It looked like he had his defender beat for a long TD that Mac severely underthrew
  • Jordan Mason - I dropped Chandler for Douglas. My rival picked up Chandler, dropping Mason. Interested in Mason as the CMC manager, but feel like it would ultimately be RBBC headed by Mitchell. Watch list.

The guys that I would have to cut to make the move:

• Likely - big drop, he's making it more tempting to pull the plug, but I really want to hold on with the Mark Andrews injury seal broken
  • Deuce Vaughn - zero opportunities. I'm holding, but is Dowdle / Vaughn going to be an either/or?
  • McLaughlin - not sure if it's wise, but I really want to hold past the point of the Broncos season being dead to see if he gets turned loose. 5 carries is progress but not sure of the context in a 70-20 game.

Here's my (still-forming) plan in my two main money leagues. Not planning on using any waiver priority this week; will just wake up early tomorrow morning and see what's still there

12-team PPR, start 2 RB/2 WR/1 flex
  • Pick up a second D to avoid Buffalo vs Miami
    • Targeting Cinci, Tampa, LAC in that order
    • If they're all gone, may just stick with Buffalo and hope for the best
  • Pick up a second QB as a hedge against Burrow's ongoing struggles:
    • Targeting Purdy, Stroud in that order. Brock doesn't have much of a ceiling, but with the way things have gone with Burrow, I could really use some steady production at QB. In any event, I suspect Stroud will get claimed on waivers
  • Drop Mayfield, Dotson
    • Still wavering on Dotson. I had high hopes for him this year. But Washington has had games where the offense put up points, and games where it hasn't, and he hasn't done squat in any of them
    • Could also drop London, but at least he has a clearer path to being his team's top target
14-team standard, start 2 RB/3 WR
  • Pick up QB in advance of Herbert's bye in Week 5
    • Targeting Stroud, Stafford in that order. If they're both gone not sure what I'll do
    • Drop JSN
ETA: In the PPR league, also considering dropping Kincaid for Ferguson, but I don't feel any rush, and don't think it even really matters. I'll probably just hold and hope that either he or someone else breaks out eventually

Last edited:
Neither are available in dynasty leagues. Perhaps we should have separate threads for weekly waivers, one for dynasty and one for redraft.
  • Jordan Mason - I dropped Chandler for Douglas. My rival picked up Chandler, dropping Mason. Interested in Mason as the CMC manager, but feel like it would ultimately be RBBC headed by Mitchell. Watch list.
I'm grabbing Mason in deep leagues where most of these other guys are taken. Especially if I have CMC or Mitchell. Not only is he a handcuff of sorts, but quite frankly, I'd rather have the RB3 on SF than the RB2 on most other teams.

I'm grabbing Mason in deep leagues where most of these other guys are taken. Especially if I have CMC or Mitchell. Not only is he a handcuff of sorts, but quite frankly, I'd rather have the RB3 on SF than the RB2 on most other teams.
Just hope we don’t have another 40 page thread on Mason.

I have t been as dialed into to later in the season. Any guys coming back from injury or rookies that haven't made their debut to keep on the radar for a preemptive pickup?

I have posted some waiver wire thoughts labeled as dynasty in this weekly waiver wire thread. I think that's fair. I would patron a dynasty waiver wire thread..... however, couldn't these moves just piggyback on the dynasty trades thread?

I know it's not technically a league trade, but aren't we just trading one end-of-bench player with another on the free agent team, sometimes with FAAB included on our side? If that is a disservice to the trade thread, then certainly the dynasty value thread is fair game, right?

Moderators, if you have any recommendations on where dynasty waiver discussion belongs, I'm all ears.

• someone dropped Cedric Tillman. I want to pounce, but I'm not sure I will have the patience to see it through.
  • If Jimmy G doesn't clear concussion protocol, would Aidan O'Connell get a shot or would it be Hoyer?
  • Hard to get excited about stashing Jeff Wilson on IR, but he's one Mostert injury away from being really interesting in this offense
  • picked up Demario Douglas last week. Almost encouraged that he wasn't completely banished by BB from the offense for this game. Another dud from Juju, hoping maybe that the opportunities pick up going forward. It looked like he had his defender beat for a long TD that Mac severely underthrew

• Likely - big drop, he's making it more tempting to pull the plug, but I really want to hold on with the Mark Andrews injury seal broken
  • Deuce Vaughn - zero opportunities. I'm holding, but is Dowdle / Vaughn going to be an either/or?
  • McLaughlin - not sure if it's wise, but I really want to hold past the point of the Broncos season being dead to see if he gets turned loose. 5 carries is progress but not sure of the context in a 70-20 game.
see this is why Dynasty and redraft waiver wires are COMPLETELY different. Dynasty rosters are usually much bigger. I am in a very competitive 12 team redraft league whereby normally 50 % or more of the players suggested on the WW are already rostered. Most of the names you listed Ive barely heard of and would never roster. the only one potential pick up is Parham (Hill is a likely DROP not an add) .... I am in NO WAY complaining about your list. Just saying the 2 WWs are very very different. Id be all for a separate dynasty WW thread and wouldnt like to have to sort through the Dynasty lists to find any potential help for my redraft team. Again not a complaint and I hope your dynasty suggestions help someone. The people redraft people are picking up are likely already rostered in dynasty leagues so our info is of much less use to you all too Im sure.

I have t been as dialed into to later in the season. Any guys coming back from injury or rookies that haven't made their debut to keep on the radar for a preemptive pickup?
The one I am most curious about is Jameson Williams.... first round draft pick from detroit last year. He is suspended 6 games this year but he was a special special WR before he got injured. How often does a team spend the #12 draft pick on a player they know they will probably have to wait a year on because of injury? He did get into a couple late season games last year but they pretty much kept him wrapped up in bubble wrap.

Here's my (still-forming) plan in my two main money leagues. Not planning on using any waiver priority this week; will just wake up early tomorrow morning and see what's still there

12-team PPR, start 2 RB/2 WR/1 flex
  • Pick up a second D to avoid Buffalo vs Miami
    • Targeting Cinci, Tampa, LAC in that order
    • If they're all gone, may just stick with Buffalo and hope for the best
  • Pick up a second QB as a hedge against Burrow's ongoing struggles:
    • Targeting Purdy, Stroud in that order. Brock doesn't have much of a ceiling, but with the way things have gone with Burrow, I could really use some steady production at QB. In any event, I suspect Stroud will get claimed on waivers
  • Drop Mayfield, Dotson
    • Still wavering on Dotson. I had high hopes for him this year. But Washington has had games where the offense put up points, and games where it hasn't, and he hasn't done squat in any of them
    • Could also drop London, but at least he has a clearer path to being his team's top target
14-team standard, start 2 RB/3 WR
  • Pick up QB in advance of Herbert's bye in Week 5
    • Targeting Stroud, Stafford in that order. If they're both gone not sure what I'll do
    • Drop JSN
ETA: In the PPR league, also considering dropping Kincaid for Ferguson, but I don't feel any rush, and don't think it even really matters. I'll probably just hold and hope that either he or someone else breaks out eventually
Unless you are in a no trading league I am pretty sure you could get a decent backup qb for one of them....especially London. Though it doesnt look good 3 weeks is too early to give up on London for sure and Dotson probably as well.

The one I am most curious about is Jameson Williams.... first round draft pick from detroit last year. He is suspended 6 games this year but he was a special special WR before he got injured. How often does a team spend the #12 draft pick on a player they know they will probably have to wait a year on because of injury? He did get into a couple late season games last year but they pretty much kept him wrapped up in bubble wrap
Rostered in 45% of leagues in CBSSPORTS. He's worth picking up soon cause the offense scores points. No one knows how he'll do but he has top 15 potentially, along with bust potential. His speed can open up the running game even more, and vice versa.

My short bench fodder is Sky Moore and Spears. Doubt I’ll land Achane for either and not sure I want Palmer, Q Johnson, Thielen, Mims or Gainwell (I have Swift)

Might just wait to see what gets dropped. I’m 6th in claim offer no FABB unfortunatley.

The one I am most curious about is Jameson Williams.... first round draft pick from detroit last year. He is suspended 6 games this year but he was a special special WR before he got injured. How often does a team spend the #12 draft pick on a player they know they will probably have to wait a year on because of injury? He did get into a couple late season games last year but they pretty much kept him wrapped up in bubble wrap
Rostered in 45% of leagues in CBSSPORTS. He's worth picking up soon cause the offense scores points. No one knows how he'll do but he has top 15 potentially, along with bust potential. His speed can open up the running game even more, and vice versa.
Glad I’m reading this because I forgot about him and he’s available in my league and I’m not enamored with much anything else on the wire so may be able to get him for $0.

My short bench fodder is Sky Moore and Spears. Doubt I’ll land Achane for either and not sure I want Palmer, Q Johnson, Thielen, Mims or Gainwell (I have Swift)

Might just wait to see what gets dropped. I’m 6th in claim offer no FABB unfortunatley.
Might grab Gainwell and lock up the Philly backfield…might be a boring move but it’s not as if Swift has been the model of health throughout his career

When Gainwell got all the carries week 1 he was worthless for Fantasy Football. I'm dropping him. Dropping Gus Edwards too who had the back field to himself week 3 and played well into the 4th quarter before concussed - 5 points is terrible.

The one I am most curious about is Jameson Williams.... first round draft pick from detroit last year. He is suspended 6 games this year but he was a special special WR before he got injured. How often does a team spend the #12 draft pick on a player they know they will probably have to wait a year on because of injury? He did get into a couple late season games last year but they pretty much kept him wrapped up in bubble wrap.
The same team that spent the #12 pick on a gadget rb?

When Gainwell got all the carries week 1 he was worthless for Fantasy Football. I'm dropping him. Dropping Gus Edwards too who had the back field to himself week 3 and played well into the 4th quarter before concussed - 5 points is terrible.
Agreed. Gainwell is droppable.

Is QB Tannehill’s starting job in jeopardy? Wondering if Willis has any value as a stash in a 12 team QB league? I am currently rostering D Jones, G Smith and Tannehill.

see this is why Dynasty and redraft waiver wires are COMPLETELY different. Dynasty rosters are usually much bigger. I am in a very competitive 12 team redraft league whereby normally 50 % or more of the players suggested on the WW are already rostered. Most of the names you listed Ive barely heard of and would never roster. the only one potential pick up is Parham (Hill is a likely DROP not an add) .... I am in NO WAY complaining about your list. Just saying the 2 WWs are very very different. Id be all for a separate dynasty WW thread and wouldnt like to have to sort through the Dynasty lists to find any potential help for my redraft team. Again not a complaint and I hope your dynasty suggestions help someone. The people redraft people are picking up are likely already rostered in dynasty leagues so our info is of much less use to you all too Im sure.

I play in multiple leagues re-draft and dynasty, I would venture that many posters here are playing in both, or have multiple re-draft leagues where the depth of rostered players varies widely based on league settings. I get your frustration if you're in one 12-team re-draft league that you care about that's 1QB and has "normal" roster sizes. O'Connell, Tillman, Douglas, Likely, Vaughn, McLaughlin aren't going to factor in to your week 4 waiver decisions. If a moderator gives direction not to post dynasty week 4 pickups in this thread, I will happily comply. However, I kind of doubt they're going to attempt to patrol that since making this a re-draft only thread is still going to leave an array of posters with different league sizes and settings that will still result in waiver wire options that are quite varied with player discussions not immediately applicable to every re-draft league.

Achane and Atwell aren't available in any of my re-draft leagues. I get that they are in some and how much faab to spend on them is going to be a pressing decision that some people are deliberating tonight. Not a big deal for me to skim through. Also, there's some shred of information that I can take away from such discussion even if these players already belong to other rosters in my league. Likewise, you might find that week 4 dynasty waiver discussions that don't apply to your league in week 4, might suddenly yield a hot button name that you're able to action in week 8 re-draft after breaking injury news. Making yourself familiar with names down the depth chart that are being discussed in dynasty waivers weeks ahead can only make you a stronger re-draft player in your very competitive 12-team redraft league. Or you can just skim past to the next post that applies to your team in week 4. I'm pretty sure that this thread isn't getting to 37 pages.

Glad I’m reading this because I forgot about him and he’s available in my league and I’m not enamored with much anything else on the wire so may be able to get him for $0.

Dan Campbell said his hammy is fine. He returned to the facility Monday, is attending meetings and working with the strength coaches. Unfortunately the league ruled he cannot practice until the suspension is complete. So he’ll go into the Ravens game week 7 with less than a handful of practice reps.

Was a good week to sit out Waivers in my league. The Mike Williams owner bid $40 for Palmer, next highest was $10 (Johnston was drafted/still rostered.)

The LJax/Geno/Stafford owner kept all 3 and bid $19 against no one. Good luck in the trade market I guess. Everett went for $2, Musgrave was free, rest of the activity was Ks/DTs with no significant drops.

Edit - 18 x 12 w/ 2 IR

Palmer vs. Quentin is a tough one. Not sure if Quentin is there yet, so Palmer may be the better short-term play. Or maybe both can thrive in this pass heavy offense in which the TEs don't seem to do much except catch goal line TDs.

I also like the Wan'dale Robinson pick. They seemed to get him actively involved in his first game back and I think his role will grow. It's a crowded WR/TE group for sure, and Jones is really struggling, but things can change and there may be opportunity for a guy like Wan'dale. Plus it's not like Waller has been balling out and serving as a target hog like he did in pre-season.

In one league I got Achane for $61 (next highest only $26), Quentin for $3 (no other bids), and Stroud for Stroud for $3 (no other bids) so I overpaid across the board lol. In that league Palmer went for $11. In my other league Achane went for $70 (next highest was me at $52), Palmer went for $16 ($5 next highest). I got Quentin for $2 with no other bids.

Unless you absolutely have to do not drop Spears. He has looked impressive and has actually outsnapped Henry 2 out of 3 weeks. Henry has 1250 carries the last 4 years and is getting older. He is already hurt. IF Henry ends up missing games and Tenn gets their blocking straightened out he could end up becoming a league winner. No Idea if sky moore is even the best wr in KC or if ANY of them will ever be consistent enough to be FF startable. Honestly I would drop him for almost anybody with a reasonable defined role.

Users who are viewing this thread