What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trip's Preseason Week 1 Rookie Risers and Fallers (1 Viewer)

To sum up the first part of this thread:

The late round Flier report:

1) looks like little Deuce may have an opportunity in Dallas to be the #2
2) The 4th player in the charger pecking order remains to be seen: There may be some value in Quentin vs Palmer vs Everett. Plant your flag on one of them and hope for the best (but if the two "established" guys don't make noise early in the season be prepared to drop)
3) Ty Chandler looked the part so he may be worth a late rounder
4) Both Tanks look "interesting" and may be worth keeping an eye on
5) Hyatt and Addison seem to be carving a decent role for themselves based on usage in game one. They are still under wraps so you may be able to grab them late
6) the Jets backfield is still unsettled.
7) Anthony Richardson may be the best rookie "redraft" QB, but he still is RAW
8) Tyjae Spears is worth a flier.

Bonus #9

9) Archane looked good in limited time in the dumpster fire that was Miami's game one preseason offense.

Some rookie observations to add:

Wasn't the best start for DeWayne McBride, he looked pretty sluggish. I'm not a Ty Chandler fan, I think he's just fast, but he certainly looked better. I'm still of the belief that backfield will have a veteran added, whether it be someone like Hunt, or someone lesser like a Henderson.
Take with a grain of salt but I think it is going to be difficult to read much into the Vikes RB situation in a 3 game preseason. I too thought Chandler looked better than McBride, but don't think we really got a sufficient volume to judge McBride on equal footing. No starters played at all for the Vikes, and McBride had just one carry with the top non-starter unit in the first half. He/Abrams shared the 2nd half, which undoubtedly had worse surrounding talent. MN scored 3 points and had just 65 total yards gained in the 2nd half playing Jaren Hall (and his 50.3 rating) at QB - aside from OL and other surrounding teammates who likely won't make the team.
I agree to an extent, but the quality of the defense faced goes down as well, so its not THAT far from equal footing. Battle is far from over.

Some rookie observations to add:

Wasn't the best start for DeWayne McBride, he looked pretty sluggish. I'm not a Ty Chandler fan, I think he's just fast, but he certainly looked better. I'm still of the belief that backfield will have a veteran added, whether it be someone like Hunt, or someone lesser like a Henderson.
Take with a grain of salt but I think it is going to be difficult to read much into the Vikes RB situation in a 3 game preseason. I too thought Chandler looked better than McBride, but don't think we really got a sufficient volume to judge McBride on equal footing. No starters played at all for the Vikes, and McBride had just one carry with the top non-starter unit in the first half. He/Abrams shared the 2nd half, which undoubtedly had worse surrounding talent. MN scored 3 points and had just 65 total yards gained in the 2nd half playing Jaren Hall (and his 50.3 rating) at QB - aside from OL and other surrounding teammates who likely won't make the team.
I agree to an extent, but the quality of the defense faced goes down as well, so its not THAT far from equal footing. Battle is far from over.
I'm not disagreeing necessarily, but I think from team to team and unit to unit there is quite a bit of degradation differences. I do think it's safe to assume the defense didn't need to respect the passing threat of Jared Hall at all, and could focus on stopping the run. Hopefully we can see these RBs playing with similar sounding cast(s) in the next 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread