What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 waiver pickups (2 Viewers)

Banger

Footballguy
Who are the guys to grab?

- Achane will break the bank if he’s on any wires
- Dell looks legit and his role appears to be growing
- Stroud with another good showing looks to be at the top of qb pickups if unrostered
- Mims Jr continues to make plays
- Musgrave with 6 catches on 8 targets against a good Saints D if he’s out there
- Dowdle with a few catches with a TD and seemed to get the goal line action.

Who am I missing?

Last edited:
@Faust we have a thread

;)

Yeah it’s 100% of your FAAB if your league didn’t have Achane rostered

My redraft is 18 x 12 so we only have like a handful of WR/RB above 6% rostered

DTs Ks & TEs out there though. Musgrave has a defined role.

Having a roster full of guys like Sean Tucker, Kendre Miller, Tank Bigsby, and, Rico Dowdle gets you a 0-3 record. This week it was Craig Reynolds and Tony Jones. Last week It was Noah Gray when Kelce was out, Isaiah Likely when Andrews was out. I would say the best advice I could give myself is to draft better, but it was an orphan team I took over :) I'm speaking from a dynasty perspective, so guys like Achane aren't on any waiver wires. So who is the chump of the week this week? I don't really know.

Having a roster full of guys like Sean Tucker, Kendre Miller, Tank Bigsby, and, Rico Dowdle gets you a 0-3 record. This week it was Craig Reynolds and Tony Jones. Last week It was Noah Gray when Kelce was out, Isaiah Likely when Andrews was out. I would say the best advice I could give myself is to draft better, but it was an orphan team I took over :) I'm speaking from a dynasty perspective, so guys like Achane aren't on any waiver wires. So who is the chump of the week this week? I don't really know.
Ya, I’ve been churning those guys at the ends of my rosters as well…this week it was Spears in a few leagues (dropped Tucker for him). I did add Dell in a few leagues last week so I hit on him in a couple leagues….

Andy Dalton, DJ Chark, Rondale Moore, Adam Thielen, Robert Woods

Ya, I’ve been churning those guys at the ends of my rosters as well…this week it was Spears in a few leagues (dropped Tucker for him). I did add Dell in a few leagues last week so I hit on him in a couple leagues….
Spears and Dell aren't available on the wire in dynasty leagues, but I get it for redraft.

Panthers WRs Chark and Theilen - and maybe Mingo - are relevant with Dalton as QB. Not sure of roster percentages but as long as Bryce Young is out...

Josh Palmer or Quentin Johnson with initial thoughts that Mike Williams is out for season?
Quentin is a sneaky good call
Neither are available in dynasty leagues. Perhaps we should have separate threads for weekly waivers, one for dynasty and one for redraft.
Or you can just scroll past the ones irrelevant to you.
Why scroll when you can have the best of both worlds?

Panthers WRs Chark and Theilen - and maybe Mingo - are relevant with Dalton as QB. Not sure of roster percentages but as long as Bryce Young is out...
As someone who Rosters Theilen in a dynasty league, he did pretty well last week too with Bryce Young. And I’m betting he’ll continue to be a decent flex play in ppr leagues with either QB for the rest of the season as I expect he’ll be peppered with targets.

Palmer is available in my league. Passing on him. Will try to get Tank Dell. Doubt he will fall to me at 5th priority. The guy in front of me just lost Mike Williams so he will likely go after Dell or Palmer.

Gonna pick up Musgrave. I have Kincaid and Juwan Johnson at TE. It may be a lateral move and I get TE is largely a crapshoot after the top 5 or so but willing to take a chance on Musgrave and drop Johnson at this point. I like the GB matchups next two weeks vs Det and LV D as well.

I’m also a Pollard owner who has Josh Kelley. Dowdle is available in our league. Gonna drop Kelley for Dowdle since he appears to be the clear #2 to Pollard and Kelley never showed anything when he had the opportunity.

For those in two QB leagues Dobbs may be an option. Sounds like Murray could be coming back “soon”though - whatever that means…

I'm going for...

Purdy (dropped by the owner who also has Lamar) dropping Sam Howell for him - 10 points
Charbonnet and dropping Kendre Miller - 5 points
Josh Palmer for Josh Reynolds - 15 points
Luke Musgrave for Kincaid - 0 points

Reset the roster a little bit.

Just traded Miles Sanders, Deebo and Garrett Wilson for Tyreek, London and Akers so a bit of juggling required.

Aiming for Palmer and dropping Calvin Austin. Then Quenten Johnson and dropping Kendre Miller. Trying to forget about how I dropped Achane but thinking dropping Kendre is just as dumb.

Your RB room stinks and there's nothing! If Zeke is out there, it's what I'm doing. That's after adding Quentin Johnston. Josh Palmer likely gets more targets, but the WR whose snap count increases dramatically is Johnston. Unless, he's not quite there yet. But worth a claim to find out, imo.

What about Jaydeen Reed?
Your RB room stinks and there's nothing! If Zeke is out there, it's what I'm doing. That's after adding Quentin Johnston. Josh Palmer likely gets more targets, but the WR whose snap count increases dramatically is Johnston. Unless, he's not quite there yet. But worth a claim to find out, imo.
He's getting a fiar amount of targets and has flashed potential.

Josh Palmer or Quentin Johnson with initial thoughts that Mike Williams is out for season?
Quentin is a sneaky good call
Neither are available in dynasty leagues. Perhaps we should have separate threads for weekly waivers, one for dynasty and one for redraft.
Or you can just scroll past the ones irrelevant to you.
Why scroll when you can have the best of both worlds?
So start a dyansty WW thread. No one is stopping you.

But for the love of God, enough with the NIML* posts. Ain't nobody got time for that

* Not in My League

TRIGGER WARNING: REDRAFT POST AHEAD

In my 12x16 redraft league (WR & TE combined) Courtland Sutton, Tank Dell, Josh Palmer, Romeo Doubs & Sam LaPorta are available.

I'm cutting bait on Jahan Dotson.

ATM I have those guys ranked
Dell>Sutton>Palmer>LaPorta>Doubs

But I keep waffling between them.

QJ is available too but in the near & mid-term I think Palmer is the guy and when QJ is ready it will still be a split with Palmer this year.

Quentin Johnston in leagues available, most likely redraft leagues. His snap percentage should double and his talent is unquestioned. Elijah Moore was dropped in my league and I love his 25 targets in three games. 66% rostered on yahoo.

With Herbert's bye coming up next week, I want to target a fill-in in my 14-teamer. I'm looking at Stroud or Stafford, and then things get ugly (Pickett/Mac probably the best options, but both have bad matchups next week).

Other question is who I drop. It may be time to pull the cord on JSN. I get that he's been hurt, it's a crowded WR room and he may eventually emerge. But the odds are growing slimmer by the week that he becomes fantasy-relevant this year

Quentin Johnston in leagues available, most likely redraft leagues. His snap percentage should double and his talent is unquestioned. Elijah Moore was dropped in my league and I love his 25 targets in three games. 66% rostered on yahoo.
Moore is another interesting prospect of available. 6 rushing attempts along with his 25 targets.

With Chubb gone if Deshaun can regain some of his form the Browns might be able to support two WRs.

With Herbert's bye coming up next week, I want to target a fill-in in my 14-teamer. I'm looking at Stroud or Stafford, and then things get ugly (Pickett/Mac probably the best options, but both have bad matchups next week).

Other question is who I drop. It may be time to pull the cord on JSN. I get that he's been hurt, it's a crowded WR room and he may eventually emerge. But the odds are growing slimmer by the week that he becomes fantasy-relevant this year
No problem cutting bait on JSN IMO. With Metcalf, Lockett & Walker he was always going to be fighting for scraps.

TuTu Atwell is another guy that is consistently getting looks with 26 targets & 2 carries.

When Kupp gets back the Rams may actually have a real NFL offense.

TRIGGER WARNING: REDRAFT POST AHEAD

In my 12x16 redraft league (WR & TE combined) Courtland Sutton, Tank Dell, Josh Palmer, Romeo Doubs & Sam LaPorta are available.

I'm cutting bait on Jahan Dotson.

ATM I have those guys ranked
Dell>Sutton>Palmer>LaPorta>Doubs

But I keep waffling between them.
I think I agree with that, unless you're scuffling at TE, in which case I'd bump SLP up. The key for TEs is that they become a Top Two target on their team, and it's looking like he has that potential.

I like Dell's upside, although as I said in the Houston WRs thread, there will definitely be some ups and downs with that WR room this season.

Sutton isn't very good but he does seem to be compiling. To give you an idea, I dropped him in the league where my WRs are strong (Davante, Puca, Flowers) but am holding on for dear life in the one where they're much shakier (Higgins, Addison, Tutu).

Don't know what to make of the LAC WRs. Don't think I trust Q, but Palmer is a JAG. I think you're betting on a historic season from Herbert where he comes along for the ride, which is definitely in play.

I think the GB WR production is a little bit Scotch tape and bubblegum, so even though I have some Reed shares, I don't really trust any of them, especially with Watson eventually coming back

TuTu Atwell is another guy that is consistently getting looks with 26 targets & 2 carries.

When Kupp gets back the Rams may actually have a real NFL offense.
Will be interesting to see what that offense looks like when he's back. Last night was the first time I got to watch them. Cinci definitely shut them down relative to the first two weeks, and maybe it was because they were paying extra attention to Puca, but I was pleasantly surprised how much they were involving Tutu. He could have had an even bigger night if a couple things had gone his way (most notably the overturned TD)

Not so sure about the bolded. I know he was a #1 pick but most of what I have read about him is that he can't create separation, which is why Palmer is playing in front of him. Guess we will see in the upcoming weeks.

Not so sure about the bolded. I know he was a #1 pick but most of what I have read about him is that he can't create separation, which is why Palmer is playing in front of him. Guess we will see in the upcoming weeks.
Is more so that he has played less then 25% of snaps. By default with Williams injury he should see 50% of snaps. Unless, like u said, he just hasn't been good.

Users who are viewing this thread