What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 waiver pickups (1 Viewer)

Josh Palmer or Quentin Johnson with initial thoughts that Mike Williams is out for season?
Quentin is a sneaky good call
Neither are available in dynasty leagues. Perhaps we should have separate threads for weekly waivers, one for dynasty and one for redraft.

I have posted some waiver wire thoughts labeled as dynasty in this weekly waiver wire thread. I think that's fair. I would patron a dynasty waiver wire thread..... however, couldn't these moves just piggyback on the dynasty trades thread?

I know it's not technically a league trade, but aren't we just trading one end-of-bench player with another on the free agent team, sometimes with FAAB included on our side? If that is a disservice to the trade thread, then certainly the dynasty value thread is fair game, right?

Moderators, if you have any recommendations on where dynasty waiver discussion belongs, I'm all ears.

With that said, 24x12 1QB dynasty for week 4:

• someone dropped Cedric Tillman. I want to pounce, but I'm not sure I will have the patience to see it through.
  • If Jimmy G doesn't clear concussion protocol, would Aidan O'Connell get a shot or would it be Hoyer?
  • Taysom Hill (TE DESIGNATION) with Carr out
  • Parham - 2 TD snags, no more Mike Williams
  • Hard to get excited about stashing Jeff Wilson on IR, but he's one Mostert injury away from being really interesting in this offense
  • picked up Demario Douglas last week. Almost encouraged that he wasn't completely banished by BB from the offense for this game. Another dud from Juju, hoping maybe that the opportunities pick up going forward. It looked like he had his defender beat for a long TD that Mac severely underthrew
  • Jordan Mason - I dropped Chandler for Douglas. My rival picked up Chandler, dropping Mason. Interested in Mason as the CMC manager, but feel like it would ultimately be RBBC headed by Mitchell. Watch list.

The guys that I would have to cut to make the move:

• Likely - big drop, he's making it more tempting to pull the plug, but I really want to hold on with the Mark Andrews injury seal broken
  • Deuce Vaughn - zero opportunities. I'm holding, but is Dowdle / Vaughn going to be an either/or?
  • McLaughlin - not sure if it's wise, but I really want to hold past the point of the Broncos season being dead to see if he gets turned loose. 5 carries is progress but not sure of the context in a 70-20 game.
see this is why Dynasty and redraft waiver wires are COMPLETELY different. Dynasty rosters are usually much bigger. I am in a very competitive 12 team redraft league whereby normally 50 % or more of the players suggested on the WW are already rostered. Most of the names you listed Ive barely heard of and would never roster. the only one potential pick up is Parham (Hill is a likely DROP not an add) .... I am in NO WAY complaining about your list. Just saying the 2 WWs are very very different. Id be all for a separate dynasty WW thread and wouldnt like to have to sort through the Dynasty lists to find any potential help for my redraft team. Again not a complaint and I hope your dynasty suggestions help someone. The people redraft people are picking up are likely already rostered in dynasty leagues so our info is of much less use to you all too Im sure.

I play in multiple leagues re-draft and dynasty, I would venture that many posters here are playing in both, or have multiple re-draft leagues where the depth of rostered players varies widely based on league settings. I get your frustration if you're in one 12-team re-draft league that you care about that's 1QB and has "normal" roster sizes. O'Connell, Tillman, Douglas, Likely, Vaughn, McLaughlin aren't going to factor in to your week 4 waiver decisions. If a moderator gives direction not to post dynasty week 4 pickups in this thread, I will happily comply. However, I kind of doubt they're going to attempt to patrol that since making this a re-draft only thread is still going to leave an array of posters with different league sizes and settings that will still result in waiver wire options that are quite varied with player discussions not immediately applicable to every re-draft league.

Achane and Atwell aren't available in any of my re-draft leagues. I get that they are in some and how much faab to spend on them is going to be a pressing decision that some people are deliberating tonight. Not a big deal for me to skim through. Also, there's some shred of information that I can take away from such discussion even if these players already belong to other rosters in my league. Likewise, you might find that week 4 dynasty waiver discussions that don't apply to your league in week 4, might suddenly yield a hot button name that you're able to action in week 8 re-draft after breaking injury news. Making yourself familiar with names down the depth chart that are being discussed in dynasty waivers weeks ahead can only make you a stronger re-draft player in your very competitive 12-team redraft league. Or you can just skim past to the next post that applies to your team in week 4. I'm pretty sure that this thread isn't getting to 37 pages.
I get it and wasnt complaining. I just think the 2 subjects are ALMOST a completely different subset of players so having 2 different WW threads makes more sense to me. As long as they are merged I do appreciate when they are labeled dynasty as you did. I appreciate anybody who participates and wouldnt try to disuade anybody from posting. P.S. Sounds like we are in similar redraft leagues because Achane was drafted in my 17 roster spot league and Atwell was gone 2 weeks ago. Teams are aggressive bottom of the roster churners so sometimes you are better off getting the DROPPED players over wasting so much faab money for the flavor of the day hoping to hit it big. cheers.

The one I am most curious about is Jameson Williams.... first round draft pick from detroit last year. He is suspended 6 games this year but he was a special special WR before he got injured. How often does a team spend the #12 draft pick on a player they know they will probably have to wait a year on because of injury? He did get into a couple late season games last year but they pretty much kept him wrapped up in bubble wrap
Rostered in 45% of leagues in CBSSPORTS. He's worth picking up soon cause the offense scores points. No one knows how he'll do but he has top 15 potentially, along with bust potential. His speed can open up the running game even more, and vice versa.
Glad I’m reading this because I forgot about him and he’s available in my league and I’m not enamored with much anything else on the wire so may be able to get him for $0.

Dan Campbell said his hammy is fine. He returned to the facility Monday, is attending meetings and working with the strength coaches. Unfortunately the league ruled he cannot practice until the suspension is complete. So he’ll go into the Ravens game week 7 with less than a handful of practice reps.

Was a good week to sit out Waivers in my league. The Mike Williams owner bid $40 for Palmer, next highest was $10 (Johnston was drafted/still rostered.)

The LJax/Geno/Stafford owner kept all 3 and bid $19 against no one. Good luck in the trade market I guess. Everett went for $2, Musgrave was free, rest of the activity was Ks/DTs with no significant drops.

Edit - 18 x 12 w/ 2 IR
We used to do a tumbler waiver and just last year went to faab. I love knowing I can get whowever I want as long as I win the bid. The WW is much more active than other ww forms. My favorite part is trying to figure out what to bid. The WORST is getting outbid by $1, 2nd worst to me is winning the bid only to find out you seriously overbid.

Palmer vs. Quentin is a tough one. Not sure if Quentin is there yet, so Palmer may be the better short-term play. Or maybe both can thrive in this pass heavy offense in which the TEs don't seem to do much except catch goal line TDs.
The real question is do you needhelp NOW or are you trying to hit a home run for later. Palmer is the easy pick for guys who need help NOW. Quentin is the sneakier long term pick because he definitely is more talented than Palmer.

Saw a couple people mention Spears as a potential drop. Unless Achane is available, I'd reconsider dropping Spears for anyone else on waivers this week. Spears has now gotten a higher snap count than Henry 2 of the 3 games, and he's also run 8 more routes than him. Target shares through three weeks of 12.1%, 8.3%, and 16.7%. In PPR that projects Spears to be potentially usable even without an injury to Henry, esp. when they are trailing in games (more than likely to happen in their games against Cincy and Baltimore over the next 3 weeks). If Henry does get hurt (already dealing with a toe injury and hasn't looked himself the past two weeks), Spears could easily be a RB2. Titans don't even have another healthy RB on the roster after Spears.

*another post before I read the remaining ones in the thread, agree with da_budman

I also like the Wan'dale Robinson pick. They seemed to get him actively involved in his first game back and I think his role will grow. It's a crowded WR/TE group for sure, and Jones is really struggling, but things can change and there may be opportunity for a guy like Wan'dale. Plus it's not like Waller has been balling out and serving as a target hog like he did in pre-season.
It's only crowded if Wan'dale is just as mediocre as the rest of the WRs. There isn't a true #1 in the bunch. There doesn't really appear to be a true #2 either.

Giants WR room represents one of the best opportunities for a WR to emerge. If none does it's because they're all equally mediocre.

Debating what to do at TE in my 12-team PPR. Last week I gambled on Taysom over Kincaid, which technically "worked" (3.9 vs 2.3) but obviously didn't give me much confidence to start either going forward. Best options on WW are:

• Turd Ferguson
  • Parham (all he does is catch TDs)
  • Everett
  • LThomas
Based on those, I suspect my best option is to hold onto Kincaid and hope he pops. But the way he's splitting targets with Knox is not very encouraging. There is also the theory that Carr's injury will mean more touches for Hill, but it's not like he did in the second half of yesterday's game. I think I'm done with the Taysom Tease
Somebody dropped Friermuth after his nothingburger week 2.... I kind of like him ahead of all these guys. Not sure how many leagues eh is available in though.

I also like the Wan'dale Robinson pick. They seemed to get him actively involved in his first game back and I think his role will grow. It's a crowded WR/TE group for sure, and Jones is really struggling, but things can change and there may be opportunity for a guy like Wan'dale. Plus it's not like Waller has been balling out and serving as a target hog like he did in pre-season.

Definitely should be on your radar - and maybe on your bench.

-5 targets on 8 routes
-87 percentile target rate last year
-drafted by current staff
-tons of opportunity in this offense

Thoughts on McLaughlin from Denver? Hasn't done much but is Payton going to look at how Miami used Achan and find this guy some plays to shine?

Probably not enough to make a difference.

Or maybe the Mims number is called more often

Last edited:
Thoughts on McLaughlin from Denver? Hasn't done much but is Payton going to look at how Miami used Achan and find this guy some plays to shine?

He’s not using Mims who clearly would help… but maybe

I doubt it plays out that way. It's unlikely the Broncos take too much from the Dolphins, or any team, mid season and if they were going to design plays to make a RB "shine" why would that RB be McLaughlin?

He's a very undersized rando, small school UDFA who we don't even have combine measurements on.

Deep, deep league roster churn.

I think it's hard to compare anyone's situation to Miami at this point...with their speed, what appears to be a mad genius in McDaniel and not only do they have excellent talent but McDaniel schemes so well and creates mismatches that they exploit. I think most/all teams try to do this but it's easier said than done. Denver doesn't have that Hill/Waddle threat or anything even close to strike fear into teams and draw double teams that they still attack. It's really fun to watch (and I'm in no way a Miami fan).

Tank Dell or Nico Collins moving forwards?

picked up Collins last week, Dell still on the wire, but i really don't feel like carrying both.

redraft.

picked up Collins last week, Dell still on the wire, but i really don't feel like carrying both.

redraft.
Probably Nico just based on physical attributes but Dell has been a bit of a revelation.

redraft.
have Nico on one team and Dell on 2 others. Honestly have no idea if there will be a clear #1 and there may not need to be. There are plenty of offenses where 2 very good wr's coexist and this may be another. I think their passing offense looks good, Stroud looks good, they should be behind and throwing frequently....all good ingredients which is why I put some chips down on some of the wr's. If I had to choose one guy I'd probably lean more toward Dell. He's a rookie and just seems to be so good and comfortable, his role seems to be growing, good QB chemistry and with his speed he reminds me Amon Ra in his potential to be a target hound that's tough to stop but maybe with more home run ability than ARSB.

Any blind bid results on Q. Johnston yet? Bloom has him at 3-5%. We have $1000 budget so that would be $30-50. This is redraft league.

Any blind bid results on Q. Johnston yet? Bloom has him at 3-5%. We have $1000 budget so that would be $30-50. This is redraft league.
That's how it played out in my 12-team. Most people are chasing Palmer. He's ok if you need a WR now. Quentin is the better move if you are looking for bigger impact down the stretch and a lot of teams probably aren't looking to stash WR.

How do we feel about Cam Akers vs. Kendre Miller vs. Marvin Mims for the rest of the season in PPR?

My team can only support two of them at the moment, but I'm having a hard time sussing out the potential playing time and impact of each of these players. Cam Akers could be a new player in a system that he's familiar with and a guy ahead of him on the depth chart that's not doing much. Let's say Kamara comes back and isn't the Kamara of old. Does Kendre Miller have a path to sharing playing time with him? And Marvin Mims...the dude is lightning in a bottle if Payton would just put him on the field.

Does talent win out and Miller and Mims become studs in the second half of the season? Does Cam Akers have a renaissance and become the player we saw that the end of last season?

I picked up Tyaje Spears instead of Achane last week and I'd like to not repeat that mistake by leaving Mims in the free agent pool and watching him go off this week. Thoughts?

How do we feel about Cam Akers vs. Kendre Miller vs. Marvin Mims for the rest of the season in PPR?

My team can only support two of them at the moment, but I'm having a hard time sussing out the potential playing time and impact of each of these players. Cam Akers could be a new player in a system that he's familiar with and a guy ahead of him on the depth chart that's not doing much. Let's say Kamara comes back and isn't the Kamara of old. Does Kendre Miller have a path to sharing playing time with him? And Marvin Mims...the dude is lightning in a bottle if Payton would just put him on the field.

Does talent win out and Miller and Mims become studs in the second half of the season? Does Cam Akers have a renaissance and become the player we saw that the end of last season?

I picked up Tyaje Spears instead of Achane last week and I'd like to not repeat that mistake by leaving Mims in the free agent pool and watching him go off this week. Thoughts?

I think CAkers is a wait and see situation. Could go either way.

I added TSpears as a speculative pick with upside in the second half of the season.

Loosely I’d assign each of them a 20-30% chance to play a big enough roll to consistently start as a RB2 or RB3.

I think Kendre needed to hit big these first 3 weeks. Long term, I still like him. But it's Kamara's show. Jamaal Williams will have a role when he gets back.

Mattison finally put up good numbers, but had fumbling issues. I think Akers is in a spot to turn this into a split. And having a piece of the Vikings offense is a solid place to be. I'm not saying I love either guy, but I think Aker's path is a lot easier than Kendre's.

Mims is a playmaker. He's averaging 65 yards a game despite the limited run. When they decide to give him a significant role in the offense, he's going to be very good. I feel confident he's a top 36 WR by end of the year.

First of all 1 week does not equal a mistake. Imo Spears has substantial value sitting behind a guy who is already dinged up on a team that is very run heavy. When compaing one position to another often the biggest factor is need. Better to figure that out before first before choosing between players playing different positions. In general I consider Spears>Mims>Akers>Miller

It's only crowded if Wan'dale is just as mediocre as the rest of the WRs. There isn't a true #1 in the bunch. There doesn't really appear to be a true #2 either.

Giants WR room represents one of the best opportunities for a WR to emerge. If none does it's because they're all equally mediocre.
I picked him near the end of last year for the same exact reason. He3 was mediocre as well (but might not have been totally healthy) Nothing wrong with giving him a shot for a week or 2. Darius Slayton is the only one I see that is MAYBE worthy of a roster spot yet isnt rostered in my competitive league.

The one I am most curious about is Jameson Williams.... first round draft pick from detroit last year. He is suspended 6 games this year but he was a special special WR before he got injured. How often does a team spend the #12 draft pick on a player they know they will probably have to wait a year on because of injury? He did get into a couple late season games last year but they pretty much kept him wrapped up in bubble wrap
Rostered in 45% of leagues in CBSSPORTS. He's worth picking up soon cause the offense scores points. No one knows how he'll do but he has top 15 potentially, along with bust potential. His speed can open up the running game even more, and vice versa.
Glad I’m reading this because I forgot about him and he’s available in my league and I’m not enamored with much anything else on the wire so may be able to get him for $0.

Dan Campbell said his hammy is fine. He returned to the facility Monday, is attending meetings and working with the strength coaches. Unfortunately the league ruled he cannot practice until the suspension is complete. So he’ll go into the Ravens game week 7 with less than a handful of practice reps.

Was a good week to sit out Waivers in my league. The Mike Williams owner bid $40 for Palmer, next highest was $10 (Johnston was drafted/still rostered.)

The LJax/Geno/Stafford owner kept all 3 and bid $19 against no one. Good luck in the trade market I guess. Everett went for $2, Musgrave was free, rest of the activity was Ks/DTs with no significant drops.

Edit - 18 x 12 w/ 2 IR
We used to do a tumbler waiver and just last year went to faab. I love knowing I can get whowever I want as long as I win the bid. The WW is much more active than other ww forms. My favorite part is trying to figure out what to bid. The WORST is getting outbid by $1, 2nd worst to me is winning the bid only to find out you seriously overbid.
The 3rd worst is trying to bid "just right" and losing out on a guy by a few bucks when the previous week you would have just overbid and got him. Did that this week with Dell and Thielen. Missed both by less than a $5 ($1000 budget). Guy I played in week 3 had Thielen. If he was on my team, I win. Instead, he won.

I picked him near the end of last year for the same exact reason. He3 was mediocre as well (but might not have been totally healthy) Nothing wrong with giving him a shot for a week or 2. Darius Slayton is the only one I see that is MAYBE worthy of a roster spot yet isnt rostered in my competitive league.
Wan'dale was ascending last year before his ACL injury. While it remains to be seen whether he's regained that explosiveness yet, not to mention more target competition, IMO he's certainly worth a dart throw.

Why do I own all 3 of these guys on my crappy team?

Why do I own all 3 of these guys on my crappy team?
It just a team waiting to blossom. :wink: Seriously though things can change in a heartbeat when Injuries happen. 2 weeks ago there was a mediocre team in our league with rb issues. He picked up Ford JUST BEFORE Chubb went down and was 1 game away from dropping Achange when he went off. Now he is probably 1 of the better teams in the league. A couple of fortuitous bounces can make a huge different.

Still wavering on which QB to pick up before Sunday to stream as Herbert's bye-week fill-in for Week 5, and also who to drop (14-team, non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs).

QB options
  • Stafford (vs Eagles)
  • Stroud (@ Falcons)
Leaning Stroud based on the matchup. By the numbers, Eagles have given up a lot to the QB this year, but I think they're really talented, especially that pass rush

Drop candidates
  • JSN
  • JReed
  • JWarren
Warren is probably the one I can most afford to lose (it's a start 2 RB/3 WR/no flex league). I lost Chubb but have Brian Robinson, KWilliams and Moss. I was initially leaning toward dropping JSN based on his production so far (plus the fact that he's on bye Week 5), but I'm worried he could be one of those rookies who blows up in the second half of the season, especially if either Metcalf or Lockett got hurt.

$200 FAAB League and they went for the below:

Johnston - $4 (me)
Palmer $5

so, nothing crazy. Palmer wasn't even claimed in my other league. Go figure.
Palmer went for 45% in my league and Q went unclaimed (picked up as a free agent after the fact).

Still wavering on which QB to pick up before Sunday to stream as Herbert's bye-week fill-in for Week 5, and also who to drop (14-team, non-PPR, 4pt passing TDs).

QB options
  • Stafford (vs Eagles)
  • Stroud (@ Falcons)
Leaning Stroud based on the matchup. By the numbers, Eagles have given up a lot to the QB this year, but I think they're really talented, especially that pass rush

Drop candidates
  • JSN
  • JReed
  • JWarren
Warren is probably the one I can most afford to lose (it's a start 2 RB/3 WR/no flex league). I lost Chubb but have Brian Robinson, KWilliams and Moss. I was initially leaning toward dropping JSN based on his production so far (plus the fact that he's on bye Week 5), but I'm worried he could be one of those rookies who blows up in the second half of the season, especially if either Metcalf or Lockett got hurt.
The problem with Stroud is not only is Laremy Tunsil out again, so is his backup Josh Jones. They elevated a PS guy to play tackle tomorrow. That has to make everyone a little nervous.

For the drop candidate I lean Reed or JSN. Moss is eventually going to have to deal with Taylor coming back. I don't think Kyren is that good, or if he can hold up to this kind of workload and I wonder if Zach Evans ever gets a look.

But you do have a unique format so it does depend on how your league mates play the wire.

$200 FAAB League and they went for the below:

Johnston - $4 (me)
Palmer $5

so, nothing crazy. Palmer wasn't even claimed in my other league. Go figure.
Wow.... were these 10 player or lower leagues (I say that not as a smart azz remark but rather to figure out who a guy who was seviceable when a starter has no value this year. I mandatory wr maybe? ? 5 bucks and zero for a new starting wr seems rediculous to me.

Users who are viewing this thread