What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (2 Viewers)

I have Mostert foaming at the mouth for the start.  Regardless of if it’s the ankle, the play calling, or whatever.....how far has he dropped?

leveon bell is pretty much in the same boat.  He did not suddenly suck.

I have Mostert foaming at the mouth for the start.  Regardless of if it’s the ankle, the play calling, or whatever.....how far has he dropped?

leveon bell is pretty much in the same boat.  He did not suddenly suck.
Kamara too

You can indeed scheme to take one player out of the game. Heck, you can dedicate two guys to do it given the other team's weaknesses and strengths. This should not be a tough concept. Teams have schemed all year for one the best runners to ever hit a football field.  

If there was ever a stop one guy to win this would be it.  I don’t see him get any room and any extra yards are from running away from the intended line.at the goal line they might as well take him out.

Are you guys figuring out whether to sit this guy against Miami? 

Hoo boy, you're really disappointed with the value you got for 1.01. 

This is a start your stud extraordinaire, I think. That's my laymen's opinion.  

Is this the you disagree with me, so I didnt watch the game line. Zinger.

If you tell me to watch the game, I'll tell you read my post. I dont care how bad the offense is, studs make things happen. Barkley is no stud. 

This reminds me of the Aaron Rodgers thread where people will just continue to defend a player regardless of what facts say.
It is a lot like Rodgers, where you obviously own Adams and can’t distinguish between actual football and magic football

You're very wrong.
Barkleys stats disagree and say you are very wrong. Facts and stats or opinions? I'll go facts and stats. 

Laird had more points than Barkley this past week. Barkley became a nothing, some just paid a lot for him and need to justify it. 

No worries though, this site is notorious for people thinking he will be a stud again after he lights up Miami. 

The thing is, but what if he dont? How does that make those who support him look? 

of course there is
I agree with you here. Its just the league figured him out. He doesnt have as much power as he looks like. Make a joke about the quads, but he has no power when he runs. His stiff arm was his strength, he still pulls a few off, but people hit him low and take him down and avoid it. Thats the strategy, go low. He doesnt run with the authority of a Zeke or the agility of a McCaffery. Those 2 didnt have any decline, both have been banged up. Some can blame his ankle if it makes you feel better, but he doesnt and I trust him about his health more than anyone trying to justify his bad play on the internet. He would be the first to blame his ankle as an excuse. But it just isnt. We are 12 weeks past his ankle injury. 

If there was ever a stop one guy to win this would be it.  I don’t see him get any room and any extra yards are from running away from the intended line.at the goal line they might as well take him out.
Zeke and Cmac still get theirs. Why doesnt he get his? Carolina isnt the greatest line, sure Dallas is stout, but Zeke still runs people over. Barkley looks like he gets pushed back. I know its not sexy, but you can see it. He isnt good. 

I really hope this negativity on Barkley continues to next year and he can be had at a discount.....he'll have a new HC who will be focused on getting him on track...better team with 2 high picks and $60M to spend so figure OL will be better....QB in yr 2 with more confidence.....and be healthy....with that workload and upside Im far from off the wagon.  

Zeitler (RG) has a sprained ankle.  fyi

Dan Duggan @DDuggan21

Shurmur said Kevin Zeitler has a sprained ankle. So major injury avoided but not clear if he’ll be ready this week.

Zeke and Cmac still get theirs. Why doesnt he get his? Carolina isnt the greatest line, sure Dallas is stout, but Zeke still runs people over. Barkley looks like he gets pushed back. I know its not sexy, but you can see it. He isnt good. 
That's partly true - but you at least have to respect Cooper/DJ Moore - and the QB's can make a play here and there.  Both teams are regressing badly though which I have not really looked at as I only own DJ and he has been a pleasant surprise.

The Giants are just a special kind of bad.  Outside of a Manning couple of Manning dimes and a terrible open field tackle attempt the offense repeatedly just goes backwards.

For fun - the second half of Monday night

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, -10 yards, 1:30 poss)

Giants

- Punt (4 plays, 17 yards, 2:23 poss)  BARKLEY GOT  A FIRST DOWN WOO effing HOO :)

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, 5 yards, 0:59 poss)

Giants

- Punt (4 plays, 16 yards, 1:40 poss)

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, -5 yards, 1:45 poss)

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, 7 yards, 0:28 poss)

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Pittsburgh would love to have him that is for sure!

infantsam said:
That's partly true - but you at least have to respect Cooper/DJ Moore - and the QB's can make a play here and there.  Both teams are regressing badly though which I have not really looked at as I only own DJ and he has been a pleasant surprise.

The Giants are just a special kind of bad.  Outside of a Manning couple of Manning dimes and a terrible open field tackle attempt the offense repeatedly just goes backwards.

For fun - the second half of Monday night

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, -10 yards, 1:30 poss)

Giants

- Punt (4 plays, 17 yards, 2:23 poss)  BARKLEY GOT  A FIRST DOWN WOO effing HOO :)

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, 5 yards, 0:59 poss)

Giants

- Punt (4 plays, 16 yards, 1:40 poss)

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, -5 yards, 1:45 poss)

Giants

- Punt (3 plays, 7 yards, 0:28 poss)

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Pittsburgh would love to have him that is for sure!
So what you are saying is, he is over rated and not worth the high pick he was taken at since he doesnt provide that game changing ability to make bad teams better?

I agree.

Kiddnets said:
I really hope this negativity on Barkley continues to next year and he can be had at a discount.....he'll have a new HC who will be focused on getting him on track...better team with 2 high picks and $60M to spend so figure OL will be better....QB in yr 2 with more confidence.....and be healthy....with that workload and upside Im far from off the wagon.  
Its not negativity on his value, its his performance. Why are people acting like the negativity isnt earned.

People said that exact thing after Trent Richardson busted too. 

So what you are saying is, he is over rated and not worth the high pick he was taken at since he doesnt provide that game changing ability to make bad teams better?

I agree.
lol - 

Mostly I like the sandler movie quote regarding the giants.  They are just so ineffective it is painful to watch.  Manning was "1-2 throw" until philly figured out a bit of press coverage stopped that.

Put CMac or Zeke on the Giants - I would not suggest we'd see much difference.

He has been over rated all year - and not worth the high pick - but I also think he DOES have game changing ability. 

I'd need some really good side by side film analysis (and an analyst!) to show otherwise.  I have not heard any real analysts say that Barkley was not that good.  In the NFL doesn't that sort of leak out pretty quick when a player is actually not that good?

Saquon Barkley (ankle) believes he is physically back to 100 percent but admits the mental aspect has been difficult.

"Even though physically you feel like you're back, mentally you might be telling yourself that you're back, but you watch yourself on film and see that you're running and you're protecting yourself," Barkley said. "You just don't really think you're doing it but naturally it's just happening." Barkley actually looked more like himself vs. the Eagles on Monday evening but still came away with uninspiring statistical results. The Dolphins will do all they can to spark Barkley to his first 100-yard rushing effort since Week 2.

SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

Is he a stud again since he lit up the Dolphins? Is he still hurt? Impressive day, but hopefully he can do it against someone other than the Dolphins and again next week. 

Saquon Barkley rushed 24 times for 112 yards and two touchdowns in the Giants' Week 15 win over the Dolphins.

Barkley hadn't been effective this season -- today was his first 100-yard game since his Week 3 ankle injury -- but there's nothing a matchup with the Dolphins won't fix. Barkley was making defenders miss with his signature jump cuts, which led to two inside-the-10 rushing touchdowns. As always, Barkley padded his fantasy line with receiving work (4-31-0 on five targets). Expect another big game from Saquon next week with the Redskins on deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a bum?   What's your hot take now?
Yes...he blew up on the Dolphins. This is my point, him blowing up for one game after stinking for all season doesnt make him studly again. I even called it and said people will come in here claiming he is back after one game against the Dolphins. 

Stll dont make him worth the pick or change the fact he was a bust right now.

I wouldnt crow too much about beating up on Miami. 

His schedule is favorable though for week 16.

This will be a debate will continue all off season. I dont know what wed do without an Alex Collins-like thread for 9 months 

I wouldnt crow too much about beating up on Miami. 

His schedule is favorable though for week 16.

This will be a debate will continue all off season. I dont know what wed do without an Alex Collins-like thread for 9 months 
Barkley had to do that yesterday though just to keep his head above water. If he fell flat against the Dolphins at home, the issues would have been way worse then if he was just a bust. 

22/180 and 1 td rushing plus4/90 and 1 rec TD=43.9 points in PPR.

This guy saved my vegan bacon today.  Guessing most of his owners didn't make the Championship but I did because Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry got me here and now Barkley has given me a good chance to win.

22/180 and 1 td rushing plus4/90 and 1 rec TD=43.9 points in PPR.

This guy saved my vegan bacon today.  Guessing most of his owners didn't make the Championship but I did because Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry got me here and now Barkley has given me a good chance to win.
Will probably help me win one league and gives me a decent chance in a toilet bowl (winner gets an extra 1st). 

Yes...he blew up on the Dolphins. This is my point, him blowing up for one game after stinking for all season doesnt make him studly again. I even called it and said people will come in here claiming he is back after one game against the Dolphins. 

Stll dont make him worth the pick or change the fact he was a bust right now.
great game from him.   seemed studly.

I survived a brutal year from him thanks to strengths across my team, and just hung around long enough to make the finals.  And it looks like he's gonna win it for me.  Awesome.

Hoping he picks up next season right where he left off these past two games.  Today was ridiculous.  That's the guy we watched in awe all last season.

I dont care how bad your offense is. 

When you are getting one yard. ONE.

Its on you. Bad players on worse teams do better than that. Scott had like 24 or something touches before yesterday, he made Barkley look like an amateur. 
Would you like to defend your position?

BTW, Barkley netted me 89 fantasy points during weeks 15-16 combined.  

Me too. And those are critical weeks. I don't see how his owners can complain.  The injury wasn't his fault and yet he came back and gave us big time performances in the playoffs.

Well, Barkley did have b2b 100 yard games to start the season like the player he should be with eli and as always with a rookie scrub QB, yes thats what this Jones kid is, he starts his decline. Barkley isnt even blaming his injury, so I wont. Especially after seeing how bad this Jones kid was. 

Rookie or not, he should know better for his own survival the best thing for him to do was put it in Saquan hands often, instead he threw at WRs ankles 20 yards down the field. Thats a low IQ QB and nothing anyone will say will convince me that this Jones kid is gonna be good. He just doesnt have it mentally, Eli isnt that much better anymore, but for Barkleys sake. He knows to just dump it to him instead of trying to throw to some dude named slayton. 
🤣  

You killed it in this thread. 

Saquon Barkley rushed 22 times for 189 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 90 yards and a second touchdown in the Giants' Week 16 win over Washington.

It's a massive game for Barkley, who went over 100 yards halfway through the first quarter. He ran right through the Redskins defense for his 67-yard rushing touchdown, and was left uncovered on a seam route from 33 yards out on his receiving TD. Barkley was picking up chunk plays all game, adding in a 51-yard catch and 32-yard run. After struggling to fully trust himself after his ankle injury, Barkley has stacked back-to-back huge games coming off last week's two touchdowns. Barkley will try to finish the season on a high note in a Week 17 matchup against the Eagles.
Shurmur finally started lining Saquon out wide last week more often and today Jones FINALLY started targeting him aggressively. It's puzzling why they stopped putting him out in space like they did last year. 

fightingillini said:

Did he not get one yard? That was my point? If he is so great why didnt he have games like this early on?

Exactly what I called out, people would wait until he did well in a few games after a busted season to act like they are know it alls.

He was a still a bust. You dont get to suck all year and have 2 good games after many who drafted you were eliminated and act like he is a stud again.

Dude lit up Miami and Washington after most who owned him were eliminated from the season cuz he sucked and he is great again. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread