What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (3 Viewers)

skycriesmary said:
Let me get you some cheese...
Wait, is he still hurt, or no?

Trying to see which excuses those were making for him are doing now?

So is he not a bust anymore cuz he lit up miami and washington? 

The Frankman said:
Shurmur finally started lining Saquon out wide last week more often and today Jones FINALLY started targeting him aggressively. It's puzzling why they stopped putting him out in space like they did last year. 
One of the reason I said he was not having success, glad they did this, in his still busted wasted season.

Glad he came through for those who snuck through. 

SCT said:
Buh bye dude.   Thanks Santaquon for the title!  I never lost hope!
Im still here calling out the bust, kinda weird u say u never lost hope. 

Is his ankle still hurting him or nah? lol

This is much like the ARod thread, he had a good game and people celebrated like he was a stud again. 

So, im still here, and Quans still a bust.

• Laughing
Reactions: SCT
@tackle for loss, multi-quote exists. Also, just because you might have been burned by his injuries/playing less than 100%/baffling usage doesn't mean he isn't a good/great back. Basically if you were a Saquon owner and you were in the Finals you either a) traded him b) you were playing him at Philadelphia, vs. the Dolphins, and at Washington; no questions asked. You don't bench him for these cupcake matchups, and if you did that's on you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im still here calling out the bust, kinda weird u say u never lost hope. 

Is his ankle still hurting him or nah? lol

This is much like the ARod thread, he had a good game and people celebrated like he was a stud again. 

So, im still here, and Quans still a bust.
Interesting take. 

He averaged 15 points per game in PPR through Week 14.  Certainly not optimal but he did not prevent anyone from making the playoffs.  My advice to you is to draft better so your playoff hopes don't hinge on one player carrying your team.
This is spot on. No doubt the high ankle sprain hurt him and his owners, as well as bad usage and blocking by Gmen.  But in the end, he was a serviceable RB2 for most of the year and so if you drafted well and played the waivers well, you still made the playoffs. 

And those who made the playoffs can thank him for a Championship.

This is spot on. No doubt the high ankle sprain hurt him and his owners, as well as bad usage and blocking by Gmen.  But in the end, he was a serviceable RB2 for most of the year and so if you drafted well and played the waivers well, you still made the playoffs. 

And those who made the playoffs can thank him for a Championship.
I won the title with him and that’s with no Dalvin.  

For weeks 3-14 Absolute trash, worthless. Not worth a roster spot.

Weeks 15-17, he is the guy everyone took with a Top 3 pick.

Still the bust of the year and on most who owned him this years black list

He sucks I dont care what he does, everyone knows when you own a players and he sucks, it dont matter what he does if you are eliminated in Week 14 cuz your stud player gets 8 points. lol

The fact he is doing this now makes it that much worse that he couldnt see these holes early on. Dude literally forgot how to play football and there is no denying that.

For weeks 3-14 Absolute trash, worthless. Not worth a roster spot.

Weeks 15-17, he is the guy everyone took with a Top 3 pick.

Still the bust of the year and on most who owned him this years black list

He sucks I dont care what he does, everyone knows when you own a players and he sucks, it dont matter what he does if you are eliminated in Week 14 cuz your stud player gets 8 points. lol

The fact he is doing this now makes it that much worse that he couldnt see these holes early on. Dude literally forgot how to play football and there is no denying that.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: he had a high ankle sprain

The one good hole he gets he takes to the house.

It wasn’t the ankle,  it wasn’t he learned,  it wasn’t he got healthy.  He and mcaffrey are easily the 2 best RB and Barkley is the best pure runner.  Not even close.  And the Giants were really bad at scheming the pass to get it in Berkeley’s hands where as Carolina was pretty good at it.

He is easily the #1/#2 RB next year but on the Giants as they are they are so bad you might have to pass.

infantsam said:
The one good hole he gets he takes to the house.

It wasn’t the ankle,  it wasn’t he learned,  it wasn’t he got healthy.  He and mcaffrey are easily the 2 best RB and Barkley is the best pure runner.  Not even close.  And the Giants were really bad at scheming the pass to get it in Berkeley’s hands where as Carolina was pretty good at it.

He is easily the #1/#2 RB next year but on the Giants as they are they are so bad you might have to pass.
He's top 3 RB next season for me.   He had a serious sprain and came back too soon.   He is still the great RB that he was last season.   The Giants will likely address the O line in the offseason.    If the Giants have any sense, Barkley is the focal point of the O in 2020.  

Those guys must have short term memory. A healthy Barkley is going to beast. Was thrilled I was able to acquire him in a PPR dynasty last week (almost never see him moved) Gave up Julio, Gurley, and 1.3 pick for him and a few young hopefuls (Isabella and Irv Smith Jr) and felt like I bought at a very reasonable price. 

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/60823/giants-jason-garrett-brings-cowboys-playbook-to-daniel-jones-co

The system will be different for Jones & Co. Former Giants coach Pat Shurmur relied more on traditional play-action passes than misdirection the previous two seasons. The running game was more inside zone than anything else.

Garrett ran Elliott to the outside much more than the Giants did Barkley. Elliott had 17 more interior rushes the past two years than Barkley, according to NFL Next Gen Stats data. That pales in comparison to the 121 more carries Elliott had outside the tackle box.

This was a product of the offenses. That gap is sure to decrease -- if not completely evaporate -- this season. The goal will be to get Barkley into space, where he can best put his power and speed to use.
Old article, but I bolded the last part because it drove my brother absolutely bugf*ck. You have a power-speed combo and for some reason Shurmur rarely got him out in space. Hopefully they get him some more outside runs in space where he has options on how to attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saquon Barkley rushed 15 times for six yards in the Giants' Week 1 loss to the Steelers.

Thankfully, Barkley was able to accrue 60 yards on six catches via a team-high nine targets as a receiver, but the rushing output obviously left a lot to be desire for those who used a top-three fantasy pick on the running back. Unfortunately, this matchup was never good on paper, but even Barkley would've said he expected more on the stat sheet. His longest run went for seven yards. Barkley's passing-game involvement heightens his floor tremendously, but he gets another tougher draw against the Bears in Week 2. He'll be an RB1 on merit.

Sep 14, 2020, 10:58 PM ET

Honestly looked just like the second half of his junior year at Penn State. People would see the stat line and say he sucked. If you watched the game you saw one play where he missed a better cut, one play where he tried to get outside instead of taking a 1 yard loss, and then 10 plays where he was hit 3 yards deep in the backfield. Just not sure what people expect. 

Saquon looks fine. That O line tho...
Yeah, I'm not panicking.

But I was expecting/hoping for a monster total yards from scrimmage and TD type of year.  One game against a very good D but that O-line and playcalling looked atrocious.  How are mutiple defenders in the backfield immediately as he takes the handoff on SO MANY plays?!

Meh, one game...

I think the big picture is the giants O will be pretty solid this season.  Danny Dimes has a lot of weapons, and I thought he actually played pretty well against the best defense in the NFL.  The Steelers D is going trash a lot of offenses this season......steelers/ravens should be epic!

Saquon will be fine..

Users who are viewing this thread