What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Sean Tucker, TB (1 Viewer)

If you have a league on MFL, you can click on “player news” and it has updates aggregated from Rotowire and other places. I too decided to ditch Rotoworld and this is what I replaced it with.
I do... and good call. I've always kept tabs on it and it might be the most comprehensive source now.
After dumping rotoworld I stated using rotoballer and fantasypros.

Sports Illustrated’s JC Allen repots Bucs rookie Sean Tucker will open the season as the No. 2 running back.

The undrafted rookie beat out Chase Edmonds and Ke’Shawn Vaughn for the job. Tucker has been repping with starters for weeks so this doesn’t come as a surprise. Tucker’s profile is better than most Day 2 backs — rushing for over 3,000 yards as a three-year ACC starter — but medical concerns pushed him off draftboards. Standalone value may not be there for Tucker if Edmonds plays on pass downs, but Tucker is the zeroRB pivot to Rachaad White.

The window to get Tucker super cheap may be closed. Got a text today from a friend in multiple leagues with me today. Said he was going to move on the recent information about tucker and put in waivers but realized I have him in all leagues

Sports Illustrated’s JC Allen repots Bucs rookie Sean Tucker will open the season as the No. 2 running back.

The undrafted rookie beat out Chase Edmonds and Ke’Shawn Vaughn for the job. Tucker has been repping with starters for weeks so this doesn’t come as a surprise. Tucker’s profile is better than most Day 2 backs — rushing for over 3,000 yards as a three-year ACC starter — but medical concerns pushed him off draftboards. Standalone value may not be there for Tucker if Edmonds plays on pass downs, but Tucker is the zeroRB pivot to Rachaad White.
For a guy who supposedly wasn't making the team... I'd say the arrow is pointing up.

Maybe a good idea not to put much stock in preseason depth charts and YPC averages based on single digit sample sizes in the future? Ah, never mind that... please continue, your league mates thank you.

:<_<:

So is he number two in the Buc’s eyes or just Sport’s Illustrated’s eyes?
Good question. The team website still has him as 4th.
I feel like it's probably in SI's eyes but I also wouldn't count on a team's website depth chart being reliable either. The Colts website depth chart for example has players who aren't even on the team anymore. Granted, just counting total players quickly on the Buccaneers' website that doesn't seem to be an issue on their depth chart. Still I wouldn't rely on it as being gospel either.

I feel like it's probably in SI's eyes but I also wouldn't count on a team's website depth chart being reliable either. The Colts website depth chart for example has players who aren't even on the team anymore. Granted, just counting total players quickly on the Buccaneers' website that doesn't seem to be an issue on their depth chart. Still I wouldn't rely on it as being gospel either.

It's been widely reported since August 24 that Tucker was splitting reps with White. BUT tracing that back on X (twitter) I think the source of that was the single line from Ben Meyerson 8/24 Tweet and SI article.

Tucker was splitting the first team reps with Rachaad White, while it was only one drive it is definitely something to monitor.

So in one part of practice, the Bucs were practicing a move the ball 11 on 11s and White started the drive, Tucker finished it. I haven't any everyday beat writer reporting anything close to "well looks like Sean Tucker was working with the 1s again." Nothing like that at all - just one out of town reporter saw him take snaps with the starters for half of a drive in a practice drill.

Interesting UDFA but rn we don't really know if he has a role. If he is in fact he RB4, he probably doesn't even dress Week 1.

It's been widely reported since August 24 that Tucker was splitting reps with White. BUT tracing that back on X (twitter) I think the source of that was the single line from Ben Meyerson 8/24 Tweet and SI article.

Tucker was splitting the first team reps with Rachaad White, while it was only one drive it is definitely something to monitor.

So in one part of practice, the Bucs were practicing a move the ball 11 on 11s and White started the drive, Tucker finished it. I haven't any everyday beat writer reporting anything close to "well looks like Sean Tucker was working with the 1s again." Nothing like that at all - just one out of town reporter saw him take snaps with the starters for half of a drive in a practice drill.

Interesting UDFA but rn we don't really know if he has a role. If he is in fact he RB4, he probably doesn't even dress Week 1.
Im willing to bet my whole bank roll that he is dressed for week one and gets touches.

Im willing to bet my whole bank roll that he is dressed for week one and gets touches.
I feel like whoever doesn't dress between the RB3 and RB4 is usually the one that is a worse special teams player. If he doesn't dress then that means he's currently not the RB1 or RB2.

Video breakdown of Tucker and Rachaad White in preseason. Both looked good, Tucker is more explosive, but White made some good runs between the tackles.

A fantasypros report from 3 hours ago said he is the #2 in Tampa 🤷‍♂️ Doesn't cite anyone saying that. Just what the writer wrote. Could just be more echo chamber effect.

Bottom line is who knows?...teams "lie". Will be settled on the field with whoever gives the team the best chance to win (assuming they aren't tanking). All the back and forth is fun on a message board but really no one knows...until several games into the season.

The beat writer that started this later come back and conceded that Tucker "practicing with the 1's" was ONLY on that ONE DAY of camp preparing for the next day's preseason game
...and ONLY at the tail end of ONE of the THREE series that the starters were practicing together.

Nothing since.

Bottom line is who knows?...teams "lie". Will be settled on the field with whoever gives the team the best chance to win (assuming they aren't tanking). All the back and forth is fun on a message board but really no one knows...until several games into the season.
Agreed...

I do think some media sources (especially good beat writers who are in the know) are more reliable than others. There are guys you can count on to be accurate.

The beat writer that started this later come back and conceded that Tucker "practicing with the 1's" was

1. ONLY on that ONE DAY of camp preparing for the next day's preseason game.
...and
2. ONLY at the tail end of ONE of the THREE series that the starters were practicing together.

...nothing since.
ONE appears to be the operative #.

Cheers :suds:

The beat writer that started this later come back and conceded that Tucker "practicing with the 1's" was

...and
2. ONLY at the tail end of ONE of the THREE series that the starters were practicing together.

...nothing since.

...and

...nothing since.

...and

...nothing since.

😄11one111!1one11wun.

I have a difficult time believing that if White has a bad game 1 he is benched and it is all systems go for Tucker. This is a coaching staff that is on the hot seat and I just can't believe they are going to put their jobs on line with UDFA.

I honestly don't even think Tucker is that great of a stash in dynasty. He is undrafted and if the Bucs go with a new coaching staff next year they will want to bring in their own players and he doesn't have a huge contract or a lot of draft capital invested. He is a decent stash this year in case of injury or late in the year if the Bucs go into tank mode.

I have a difficult time believing that if White has a bad game 1 he is benched and it is all systems go for Tucker. This is a coaching staff that is on the hot seat and I just can't believe they are going to put their jobs on line with UDFA.
Agree completely with your first sentence.

But if Tucker proves to be the more productive back over time... he will eventually take away work from White. And to your point, a coaching staff on the hot seat is not going to sit a more productive player just because he doesn't have the same draft capital. I think of it like Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren. Which will be interesting to monitor this year as well.

Agree completely with your first sentence.

But if Tucker proves to be the more productive back over time... he will eventually take away work from White. And to your point, a coaching staff on the hot seat is not going to sit a more productive player just because he doesn't have the same draft capital. I think of it like Najee Harris and Jaylen Warren. Which will be interesting to monitor this year as well.

I agree the problem is having White and Tucker splitting in this offense is going to be horrible for fantasy owners.

I agree the problem is having White and Tucker splitting in this offense is going to be horrible for fantasy owners.
I'm not there YET... and I don't think anyone in the forum was arguing it will happen after week 1.

Heck, Tucker may NOT be more talented and productive than White. But there is some talent there... and White is no world beater. If Tucker IS more productive, White will eventually cede snaps to him. UDFA or not. I think most here are trying to stay ahead of the rush knowing this... particularly in Dynasty.

I'm not there YET... and I don't think anyone in the forum was arguing it will happen after week 1.

Heck, Tucker may NOT be more talented and productive than White. But there is some talent there... and White is no world beater. If Tucker IS more productive, White will eventually cede snaps to him. UDFA or not. I think most here are trying to stay ahead of the rush knowing this... particularly in Dynasty.
Tucker wouldn't have been an UFDA had it not been for the heart medicals.

Per RotoWire Staff, the OC said that they expect to employ a committee approach for the touches that don't go to White. "I think we have a really fantastic back, and I think we have a bunch of good backs, so I think they can kind of platoon that."

As a Tucker owner, just hoping he really shines when given his shots.

Reactions: One
White isn’t going anywhere unless he drastically underperforms. He’s only in his second year as well. I think the best Tucker owners can hope for is a platoon approach.

There’s a real chance for that as early as this season though.

I got him 11.5 in a 16 team Standard league w/ Double Flex (WR/TE and WR/RB/TE). Unfortunate situation with his previously undiagnosed heart condition, but the guy legit has high round talent and hopefully things break his way so he gets a opportunity to show how good he is this year.

White isn’t going anywhere unless he drastically underperforms. He’s only in his second year as well. I think the best Tucker owners can hope for is a platoon approach.

I mean drastically under performing on a bad team is potentially in the cards for white this year. Will be interesting to watch how it all plays out

I mean drastically under performing on a bad team is potentially in the cards for white this year. Will be interesting to watch how it all plays out
Wouldn't that same logic apply to Tucker?

Wouldn't that same logic apply to Tucker?
Absolutely. The difference is Tucker is free and white is not.

It’s understandable to get excited about Tucker especially at cost, but it’s important to remember at this point he’s merely a lottery ticket. A hedge against White, but by no means a lock to replace him this season. White is the incumbant with a year in the system, and whether he’s actually any good or not, the Bucs are going to want to find out first. If there is a changing of the guard I wouldn’t expect it to happen early in the season barring injury.

Saying this as a Tucker truther: In a vacuum, Tucker is a free-cost stash with a real chance at turning profit, but a higher chance of being merely a handcuff RB on a bad offense all season. A priority add if White gets hurt, but I wouldn’t expect standalone value from him apart from that.

I had White in the James Starks/Kevin Smith territory as an NFL draft talent, so he's no insurmountable road block in my estimation, but I've been wrong plenty of times before. I think in more casual leagues you can leave Tucker on waivers and move preemptively if he starts to get some work. Doubt he comes out in week 1 and gets the ball 15 times. Might not even get any touches to start with.

17 games is a lot of football though, particularly at a brutal position like RB. Size isn't everything when it comes to projecting durability, but White is on the slim side for a pro back and may not be ideally suited to blast the ball 250+ times.

I had White in the James Starks/Kevin Smith territory as an NFL draft talent, so he's no insurmountable road block in my estimation, but I've been wrong plenty of times before. I think in more casual leagues you can leave Tucker on waivers and move preemptively if he starts to get some work. Doubt he comes out in week 1 and gets the ball 15 times. Might not even get any touches to start with.

17 games is a lot of football though, particularly at a brutal position like RB. Size isn't everything when it comes to projecting durability, but White is on the slim side for a pro back and may not be ideally suited to blast the ball 250+ times.
Good flash from the past in Starks and Smith. Thanks

Found a way to get Tucker on my 10 team, 10 player keeper roster. Traded Mostert and Min D for Hubbard and Dallas D. Then dropped Hubbard for Tucker. I am onboard. Choo Choo...... I also own Rachaad so it made sense.

Found a way to get Tucker on my 10 team, 10 player keeper roster. Traded Mostert and Min D for Hubbard and Dallas D. Then dropped Hubbard for Tucker. I am onboard. Choo Choo...... I also own Rachaad so it made sense.
100 players total? Kind of surprised he makes the cut.
Sorry 100 players kept. Each team carries 21 total so 210 players.
Ohh, right, I see. Thought that seemed a little small.

Keyshawn Vaughn is upset Tucker took his job and has gone awol from Bucs’ practice this week.

Not that he was a threat, but he’s likely to be released with that kind of behavior.

Tucker is the clear #2.

it's a bold strategy Cotton...let's see if it pays off for em.
Dude has never done close to anything in the league lol
Not sure if we're talking about Vaughn, Tucker or C. Otton the TE, or all three.

Users who are viewing this thread