What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Real-time scoring gametracker sites... (1 Viewer)

w3junky

Footballguy
Used CBS Gamecenter forever to watch all the games and play-by-play but they changed their format this year and it's horrible! Old format was great. Could watch (not video but play by play stats) all current games going on, but either they aren't quite set with their current format due to bugs or it's just the new way they are doing it. NFL.com or Foxsports.com isn't too hot either.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved CBS too. Fast and easy to switch from game-to-game to see the stats without having to scroll or click another tab. Hate the new tracker they have.

I'm on NFL.com now, but looking for something better.

CBS new interface is horrible but the site is tracking the plays almost real time.

I used to like Yahoo for the clean, simple, fast interface, but they've cluttered that up now. My favorite at the moment is theScore Android app.

yup send them feedback under the help menu, enough people send you never know.

hate the scrolling across to see all the scores

Kleck said:
I loved CBS too. Fast and easy to switch from game-to-game to see the stats without having to scroll or click another tab. Hate the new tracker they have.

I'm on NFL.com now, but looking for something better.
Yahoo Canada still has the old format for the web pages. It uses the new version of GameChannel though.

I keep going back to CBS... NFL is too slow. Yahoo not doing it for me. Fox is no better. ESPN sucks the worse.

yup send them feedback under the help menu, enough people send you never know.

hate the scrolling across to see all the scores
This drives me nuts, but otherwise, I actually kind of like the new CBS Gamecenter. I like that I can pull up team stats or play-by-play data without having to leave the live tracker.

Looks like CBS has fixed their problems, thank god. Site appears to be back to "somewhat" normal like in 2012.

Really hate the new look CBS NFL Gametracker. Most every game I tried to follow last week stopped updating on multiple occasions. Constantly having to reload the page and wait 5 minutes for the stats to catch back up is annoying, IMO.

Watching college football tonight and found this:

http://www.gopack.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mfootbl.html?event=1327731&school=ncst&sport=mfootbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

It's exactly like the old CBS NFL gametracker, and it's so much more functional than the current version. Sure do wish I could find the NFL version of it. :cry:

Amazing that every single one of these sites used to have a good gametracker, "upgraded" it, and it became basically unusable.

KISS people!

Used CBS Gamecenterforever to watch all the games and play-by-play but they changed their format this year and it's horrible! Old format was great. Could watch (not video but play by play stats) all current games going on, but either they aren't quite set with their current format due to bugs or it's just the new way they are doing it. NFL.com or Foxsports.com isn't too hot either.

Any suggestions?
I hear ya. CBS saved the older format. Was way better than NFL.com for years.

Now, it is utter crap. (They've even done worse to CBS FF Commissioner site!)

The auto-Twitter is useless. It seems that instead of creating a responsive site that works on all form factors, they just decided to throw a crap onto a pile and blame phones for it being so craptacular. I have more words on this but can't find them all. I loathe them. They are the Devil! Ten years on, I am still sick of Web 2.0. When people are looking at DATA, tables and borders are still useful devices. Ooooh, tables, welcome to 1997. Eff you, web developers and marketing zazzbots! Eff freaking you!!

I've actually found NFL.com preferable to CBS this year. It no longer loads the commercials every 40 seconds, provided AdBlock Plus is working. the highlights are okayish. But it is still pretty weak overall. I, too, am looking for something better.

I will say that live-tracking targets was a hugely positive addition for CBS. If only it could actually... you know... track them live. When it's current with the game, though, I'm okay with it. Too much header and footer overwhelming all the data I really care about in the center of the screen, but better than any other offerings out there. Again, when it actually works.

FreeBaGeL said:
Amazing that every single one of these sites used to have a good gametracker, "upgraded" it, and it became basically unusable.
Yes, it's terribly stupid.

I wish Google had live box scores.

FreeBaGeL said:
Yes, it's terribly stupid.

I wish Google had live box scores.
Actually surprised they don't because they have everything else. They have cars that can drive all by themselves and satellite images on everything covering the entire planet but they can't give me a good gametracker?

CBS is an example of over doing yearly improvements. There was a while there where they kept things pretty consistent season to season but now it's yearly revamps. I think it has to do with the move towards use of mobile phones and tablets over desktop and laptop to track stats as well as daily access to fantasy teams. I admit I am on their app much more than their website. That's mainly cuz my company blocks fantasy game sites. Have no choice at lunch.

Why would a site put an auto-play video on a box score page? I'm looking at you, Yahoo!
NFL.com also. At least they aren't on every page...but you have to suffer through one every now and then.

Glad to see others can't find a good site either.....WHen the video's drove me away from nfl.com I went to cbs and now I'm back to nfl.com.

Hoping someone finds a gem hardly anyone has heard about and posts it here......

Was actually thinking of this thread on Sunday. I decided to look for alternatives other than CBS and came across the website linked below. No frills, updates box scores every 30 to 60 seconds. Through one week I am liking the site.

http://scores.covers.com/football-scores-matchups.aspx

And as I say that, I see it now has auto play videos. The search continues...

This is one of those "waiting to be invented" software packages. Those familiar with MFL.com must have (at least) tried MFL GameDay... tracks all NFL action (on the same screen), updates fast, click between games to see individual stats (and fantasy points), and tracks all of your fantasy games/players as well. It's functional, but only works if your league is on MFL.com, and could really use some window dressing.

Any software guru's out there? Now is the time... take the MFL GameDay functional format, add a feature that allows the user to manually input team rosters and scoring rules, slap some lipstick on it, and parade it around the room Shark Pool.

This is one of those "waiting to be invented" software packages. Those familiar with MFL.com must have (at least) tried MFL GameDay... tracks all NFL action (on the same screen), updates fast, click between games to see individual stats (and fantasy points), and tracks all of your fantasy games/players as well. It's functional, but only works if your league is on MFL.com, and could really use some window dressing.

Any software guru's out there? Now is the time... take the MFL GameDay functional format, add a feature that allows the user to manually input team rosters and scoring rules, slap some lipstick on it, and parade it around the room Shark Pool.
This is easy enough to code, the problem is that getting the live play by play stats is very expensive.

This is easy enough to code, the problem is that getting the live play by play stats is very expensive.
Agreed. If a stand-alone module, it would probably have to be a bit pricey... or laden with pop-up ads to offset the cost.

I'm always surprised by how many people using MFL.com that don't even know GameDay exists (or that it's free). I love the functionality, but the lack of bells & whistles probably turns off the folks that have grown accustomed to watching a football.gif slide along a stadium graphic to enhance their stat-watching experience. :cool:

Why couldn't you get it from nfl.com like you are doing for the subscriber contest. What is the difference?

Agreed. If a stand-alone module, it would probably have to be a bit pricey... or laden with pop-up ads to offset the cost.

I'm always surprised by how many people using MFL.com that don't even know GameDay exists (or that it's free). I love the functionality, but the lack of bells & whistles probably turns off the folks that have grown accustomed to watching a football.gif slide along a stadium graphic to enhance their stat-watching experience. :cool:
Espn's app is pretty nice. MFL Platinum is ok. I use Habmans scoreboard for MFL which looks cool, but updates every 30 seconds. It does look like they are working on something new though.

http://www.nitrografixx.com/cbsscoreboard/PreviewImg.PNG

http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31405&page=11

David is doing an excellent job on this , got another preview last night and its freakin SHARP !!

by far the best scoreboard of any site for mobile use , using twitter bootstrap , this is great on mobiles !!!

Screen shot of iphone view - when you expand or tap matchups you get full player detailed scoring for each team

Those familiar with MFL.com must have (at least) tried MFL GameDay... tracks all NFL action (on the same screen), updates fast, click between games to see individual stats (and fantasy points), and tracks all of your fantasy games/players as well. It's functional, but only works if your league is on MFL.com, and could really use some window dressing.
This is actually a decent solution even if you don't have any leagues on MFL. In order to use GameDay, you don't have to actually log into a league; you just have to know a league's ID number. Any league with roughly standard scoring will do.

In the "NFL Games" tab, if you un-check the "Franchise" box, it doesn't show any info about which fantasy owners own which players -- it just gives you scores and stats. Exactly what some of us are looking for.

The only real drawback is that it's a separate Windows executable file, not a web app that runs in a browser, which would be more convenient. But not really a big deal.

Thanks for reminding me about this.

Maurile Tremblay said:
Dizzy said:
Those familiar with MFL.com must have (at least) tried MFL GameDay... tracks all NFL action (on the same screen), updates fast, click between games to see individual stats (and fantasy points), and tracks all of your fantasy games/players as well. It's functional, but only works if your league is on MFL.com, and could really use some window dressing.
This is actually a decent solution even if you don't have any leagues on MFL. In order to use GameDay, you don't have to actually log into a league; you just have to know a league's ID number. Any league with roughly standard scoring will do.

In the "NFL Games" tab, if you un-check the "Franchise" box, it doesn't show any info about which fantasy owners own which players -- it just gives you scores and stats. Exactly what some of us are looking for.

The only real drawback is that it's a separate Windows executable file, not a web app that runs in a browser, which would be more convenient. But not really a big deal.

Thanks for reminding me about this.
Don't get me wrong, GameDay is perfect for what it does (for me)... it's like Joe Friday, "The facts please, just the facts."

No pop-ups to deal with. I like it and use it on a regular basis, but the lack of tricks and graphics won't appeal to the... OH HEY, IS THAT A CRICKET?... crowd.

Ahhh, this brings back good memories for me, lol. A time when I actually had no kids and was able to sit in front of the tv all day and watch football. Nowadays I just use NFL Mobile app to check stats, works for me. Sounds like there still is not good sites out there though for desktop/laptops.

Ahhh, this brings back good memories for me, lol. A time when I actually had no kids and was able to sit in front of the tv all day and watch football. Nowadays I just use NFL Mobile app to check stats, works for me. Sounds like there still is not good sites out there though for desktop/laptops.
The good news - your kids will grow eventually, and you'll be watching football again.

The bad news - no father-of-the-year awards for staring at your smart phone while your kids run around on the soccer field.

I keep going back to CBS as the best of a bad group of options. After a slow start this year, they've fixed a lot of the major concerns (like huge delays in the stats, and target data not showing for anyone who didn't have a catch yet. CBS can usually be counted on getting their stuff together eventually during the football season. And the live target data really is a nice feature.

But yeah, those headers and footers are killing me. They're eating up like a third of the viewable real estate. Horrible.

Wow, this is great to know. I'm not a MFL user, but I'm really thinking of switching to MFL next season, and this is something interesting to sell to my league mates regarding MFL.

Users who are viewing this thread