What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Record player guys -- Talk to me Goose, about record players (1 Viewer)

Sounds pretty great. Though I’m no top vinyl nerd or anything. Also recently blew $200 at an old record shop near me on a random assortment of jazz records. Love it. 

I ended up buying the Pro Ject Tube Box DS.  Based on all of the reviews I've read online, the DS is more customizable and supposed to be a bit quieter than the Tube Box S.  I've seen folks say that it's been offered at $399, but those deals don't seem to exist online anymore.  I found it for $504 at Amazon which was at least $100 cheaper than anywhere else.

I'm not sure if the rest of my equipment is good enough to really take advantage of the DS, but I would like to upgrade my turntables (early 80s Sonys) and cartridges (MM to MC), so this should help with the future proofing.  

I think I'm also going to stand pat with the stock tubes at the moment.  I'll try to burn them in and see how they sound before I start rolling in new ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying the Pro Ject Tube Box DS.  Based on all of the reviews I've read online, the DS is more customizable and supposed to be a bit quieter than the Tube Box S.  I've seen folks say that it's been offered at $399, but those deals don't seem to exist online anymore.  I found it for $504 at Amazon which was at least $100 cheaper than anywhere else.

I'm not sure if the rest of my equipment is good enough to really take advantage of the DS, but I would like to upgrade my turntables (early 80s Sonys) and cartridges (MM to MC), so this should help with the future proofing.  

I think I'm also going to stand pat with the stock tubes at the moment.  I'll try to burn them in and see how they sound before I start rolling in new ones.
At some point that stuff in the margins can’t possibly be heard by 99% of the population. A lot of it is probably just bored audio nerds being like “yeah but if you change in these other tubes...oh boy!” I’m sure some people can tell the difference, but I feel like I have at least a better than average ear, and I’d never know (and even then if there were a difference, lord knows what is “better”). The tubes you got stock are gonna sound great. Report in with a review once you can. I was listening  to some old George Benson records today on mine and it’s so so sweet and warm and delicious  

Users who are viewing this thread