What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie Bush (1 Viewer)

Who's the Top Rookie Running Back in `06?
Hard to say now since we don't know officially who is declaring and which team each lands on. As of now, I'd say the likely candidates are:Reggie Bush

DeAngelo Williams

Laurence Maroney

LenDale White

darkhorses:

Maurice Drew - like Brian Westbrook, just a tad thicker.

Gerald Riggs Jr

Michael Bush

Andre Hall

Let's get to April first, buddy - Bush hasn't declared.

Once he declares, you are on.
Of course injuries to either wipes it clean, but you are on drugs if you think Bush is better than Maroney. I'll bet you anytime what I've already posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Of course injuries to either wipes it clean, but you are on drugs if you think Bush is better than Maroney.
I think your the one on drugs here.
I certainly can't wait to laugh at you. That runt isn't a fraction of what Maroney is.Believe me, I will be bumping this in 2006. God, you guys are easy.

Of course injuries to either wipes it clean, but you are on drugs if you think Bush is better than Maroney. I'll bet you anytime what I've already posted.
Bush is better hands down. Maroney is a nice back. He might make a great pro, but he's not on Bush's level. Bush is a rare talent with the potential to be one of the league's biggest attractions.

Of course injuries to either wipes it clean, but you are on drugs if you think Bush is better than Maroney.
mose def.Johnny =- you are on HARD drugs if you think this is a "clear" or an "eiother-or" decision.

Bush is bigger, faster, better receiver, more explosive, etc., etc.

I have watched a LOT of both these kids - Reggie Bush has off the charts measurables in certain areas - that is something NFL scouts understand is uncoachable.

mose def.Johnny =- you are on HARD drugs if you think this is a "clear" or an "eiother-or" decision.

Bush is bigger, faster, better receiver, more explosive, etc., etc.

I have watched a LOT of both these kids - Reggie Bush has off the charts measurables in certain areas - that is something NFL scouts understand is uncoachable.
They are both the same size at around 6'0 200. One thing for sure, is that Bush's legs do look skinny.

I certainly can't wait to laugh at you. That runt isn't a fraction of what Maroney is.
Now you are just being a complete moron.
His legs do look very skinny. At least Maroney looks well defined in all of his body.

Up here in Minnesota, Laurence Morone is getting alot of print as well. Gotta figure him into this discussion. He's averaging 200+ yards a game and is fantastic to watch. Just ran all over Purdue's tough defense, so the guy is for real. What are some of the specs of the top 5 backs in next years draft. (hight, weight, maybe speed, etc.)?

I certainly can't wait to laugh at you. That runt isn't a fraction of what Maroney is.
His legs do look very skinny. At least Maroney looks well defined in all of his body.
whatever dude.you are nuts calling him a "runt" or making any type of "clearly better than" comparisons based on current 20 year old body size.

whatever dude.you are nuts calling him a "runt" or making any type of "clearly better than" comparisons based on current 20 year old body size.
Maroney's body is ready for the NFL. I have my doubts about Bush. Did you see Maroney run? He didn't lose speed when he jukes. Yes, I will bet you anything that Maroney gets drafted before Bush, given neither is injured, and both are eligible for the draft.

IF Reggie can pack 25 lbs on that frame, he'll do fine. If not, I'm not so sure he can be an every down NFL back. Lendale will be a very good NFL back too. Both will be better than JJ Arrington.

IF Reggie can pack 25 lbs on that frame, he'll do fine. If not, I'm not so sure he can be an every down NFL back.

Lendale will be a very good NFL back too.

Both will be better than JJ Arrington.
I'm curious why people think Bush can't be an every down NFL back.

You are a moderator and you are calling me a moron? Ban yourself. I've seen you do this more than once to others. All I'm saying is that looking at Bush, he looks fragile to me (mr skinny leg). here Of course I could be wrong. I think Maroney is a better back. How about here or here

IF Reggie can pack 25 lbs on that frame, he'll do fine. If not, I'm not so sure he can be an every down NFL back.

I'm curious why people think Bush can't be an every down NFL back.
There's absolutely no reason why he can't be an every down NFL back. This is the same knock that gets laid on every back that comes out of college at around 200 lbs. Just like Cadillac, he'll put on 10-15 lbs. by draft day and be just fine. The only problem with guys that weigh around 200 during college is if they don't have the frame to put on more muscle, which isn't a problem for Bush.

Maroney's body is ready for the NFL. I have my doubts about Bush. Did you see Maroney run? He didn't lose speed when he jukes. Yes, I will bet you anything that Maroney gets drafted before Bush, given neither is injured, and both are eligible for the draft.
Johnny - it is friggin' October. Relax! We'll have plenty of time to revisit this in the offseason.You have your opinion - I have a different one - leave it at that for now.

You are a moderator and you are calling me a moron? Ban yourself. I've seen you do this more than once to others. All I'm saying is that looking at Bush, he looks fragile to me (mr skinny leg). here Of course I could be wrong. I think Maroney is a better back. How about here or here
Bush and Maroney are built nearly the same, give or take an inch and 5 lbs. If you think Bush has skinny legs, take a look at Maroney who isn't much bigger.

yes - you are being a moron calling Bush a "runt" when they are the smae size.You are being deliberately moronic.

yes - you are being a moron calling Bush a "runt" when they are the smae size.You are being deliberately moronic.
runt in the legs. What part of my previous posts didn't you understand?

runt in the legs moron
You did not say THAT.You called him a runt.

Are his legs SHORTER than Maroney's?

Have you measured them from hip to foot to know?

You were ignorant that the two backs are the same size and now you are trying to backtrack.

runt in the legs moron

You were ignorant that the two backs are the same size and now you are trying to backtrack.
No, that isn't true. I just didn't clarify my statement. Anyone looking at Bush can see what I'm talking about. Now you are calling me ignorant. Before it was a moron, now ignorant.

runt in the legs moron

Well, we know what JohnnyU was doing Sat. night. :unsure:

I don't see why a guy has to get 25+ carries a game to be a fantasy stud. As long as he's getting the touches, who cares if they're carries or catches?The guy finds a way to score and is certainly a game-breaker. Personally, I think that he's going to be a stud, and I won't pass him up in my dynasty league.

runt in the legs moron What part of my previous posts didn't you understand?
Let's get this straight. One of the most electric players to put on an NCAA uniform in the past decade is a questionable prospect because you've determined that he's a "runt in the legs" by looking at a picture that you found on Google? I'd say that thinking is a bit flawed.Have you watched Bush play this season? The guy does things that no one else can do. His balance and burst are unmatched by anyone in the NCAA.

I like Maroney quit a bit, but Bush has everyone in the Pac-10 saying "once-a-generation prospect." You probably won't hear that about Laurence. And your argument that Bush is too small is fairly absurd (especially considering that you pimp Maroney, who has a nearly identical build). Reggie's size is somewhat atypical, but not nearly to the degree that you seem to be suggesting. He's pretty much on par with guys like Clinton Portis and Tiki Barber.

runt in the legs moron

No, that isn't true. I just didn't clarify my statement. Anyone looking at Bush can see what I'm talking about.
No, actually we can't. His legs look a little smaller than Maroney's, but not enough that you can say that Bush is a runt and Maroney is mammoth.

Will Bush be able to handle an NFL feature back workload of 25+ touches a game?
Well he's small so that must mean he can't.(This requires two :rolleyes: :rolleyes: , one because he isn't THAT small and one because being small doesn't necessarily mean you get hurt more often).

he also plays on the West Coast (####...ies), and that conference he plays in doesn't exactly scare the SEC or BIG 10. Not that USC isn't good, but that whole region sucks compared to the teams in the east and south.

Yeah, because you can't be a good NFL RB unless you weight at least 225 pounts. :wall:

This forum sucks sometimes.

I can't wait for the "skinny leg" event at the combines next year.Please god someone shoot me now.

:wall:

he also plays on the West Coast (####...ies), and that conference he plays in doesn't exactly scare the SEC or BIG 10. Not that USC isn't good, but that whole region sucks compared to the teams in the east and south.
Even if that were true, how would that affect his ability to become an elite professional football player? It didn't stop these guys:Chad Johnson

Carson Palmer

Tony Gonzalez

LaDainian Tomlinson (WAC, if I remember correctly)

Corey Dillon

Steven Jackson

Keyshawn Johnson

Jonathan Ogden

Donnie Edwards

There are too many to name, but you get the idea. The level of competition isn't a concern.

Even if that were true, how would that affect his ability to become an elite professional football player? It didn't stop these guys:Chad Johnson

Carson Palmer

Tony Gonzalez

LaDainian Tomlinson (WAC, if I remember correctly)

Corey Dillon

Steven Jackson

Keyshawn Johnson

Jonathan Ogden

Donnie Edwards

There are too many to name, but you get the idea. The level of competition isn't a concern.
Woah woah -- that's different, these guys all had long, beefy legs. :thumbup:

I can't wait for the "skinny leg" event at the combines next year.Please god someone shoot me now.

:wall:
If memory serves, J.J. Arrington was a combine superstar. How about now? How about Justin Fargas? He was mister speed demon at the combine. Look at him now, lol.

If memory serves, J.J. Arrington was a combine super star. How about now? How about Justin Fargas? He was mister speed demon. Look at him now, lol.
They aren't in the same class as Bush. Bush is a probable top five pick and a lock for the top ten. None of the guys you mentioned were first round picks and none were nearly as highly-regarded as Bush is. Anyhow, your argument seems pitifully weak. First you suggested that Bush was too small. That doesn't appear to be the case. Then you suggested that he can't become a good player because he plays in the Pac-10. That's not the case. Now you seem to be suggesting that he won't succeed because there have been other Pac-10 backs with good combine numbers who have failed. That's a dismal argument. It's like suggesting that Carson Palmer will be a bust because Marques Tuiasasosopo and Brock Huard didn't become NFL stars.

If this isn't :fishing: , the one thing I have at least learned is to ignore all of JohnnyU's future posts.

If this isn't :fishing: , the one thing I have at least learned is to ignore all of JohnnyU's future posts.
LOL, How else can I get everyone to ignore Reggie Bush in next year's draft ;)

Users who are viewing this thread