What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reggie pulling an Eli? (1 Viewer)

Kiddnets

Footballguy
Didn't see this posted yet - sorry if HONDA - but getting more interesting!!!

SEGAL PLANNING A BAYOU POWER PLAY

A league source tells us that agent Joel Segal plans to take the position that tailback Reggie Bush will not play for the New Orleans Saints.

The move, the source surmises, is aimed at allowing Segal to save some face after blowing Bush's shot to be the first overall pick in the draft.

The source also tells us that the Texans opted to tab defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 overall pick due to Bush and Segal's sky-high monetary demands. Segal, we're told, wanted $30 million in guaranteed money -- a 25 percent increase over the $24 million in guaranteed money that quarterback Alex Smith received as the No. 1 overall pick in 2005. Although Bush's recent P.R. problems didn't, we hear, play a role in the Texans' decision, word is that the multiple issues regarding Bush and his family caused the Texans to conclude that the fan base would be more likely to accept the decision to draft Williams.

As to the Saints, the thinking is that they are more than happy to fall out of the No. 2 spot, and the financial commitment that it requires. The Jets are an obvious choice to make a move, and they've got the No. 29 overall pick to throw into the mix.

Under the trade value chart, however, the Jets would still need 160 points to justify the transaction. The No. 2 pick is worth 2,600 points, the No. 4 selection is worth 1,800, and the No. 29 pick has a value of 640.

If a trade goes down between the Jets and Saints, New Orleans would draft tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson or linebacker A.J. Hawk at No.4.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the Packers and the Raiders have contacted the Saints about a possible trade up, as have the Cardinals. The Cardinals, interestingly, would make the move not to draft Bush -- which would drop him to at least No. 3.

The Cardinals, we figure, would make the move in order to nab Ferguson. Then the question becomes whether the Titans stick with Vince Young, or whether they select Bush.

The most intriguing landing spot for Bush is Green Bay, where he would provide the kind of Reggie White impact for which Lord Favre recently has been whining. Ironically, Favre wrote off in his press conference about nothing from April 8 the possible impactof any rookie in 2006.

Brett might feel differently if the rookie they end up with is Reggie Bush.

And the Saints could still slide to the five hole and get Ferguson or Hawk. New Orleans also would be slotted one spot lower, meaning less money required to sign the player.

The move, the source surmises, is aimed at allowing Segal to save some face after blowing Bush's shot to be the first overall pick in the draft.
Um, yeah. Like Eli Manning saved face. Brilliant! :wall:

"Hey Reggie, I blew up your dream to be the #1 pick now you remember the other dream about endorsement money?"

Ha. This guy is working on not getting paid at all. If the Saints think he is the guy i go with him. I wouldnt care what an overhyped big headed kid thought. He doesnt have a choice. I liked Eli before the NFL and i thought the same of him. I wouldnt have traded him. Im sick of these guys that have proved NOTHING thinking they hold the cards. :rant:

This story may get updated through the night. I had to chuckle reading this:

PFT OPEN ALL NIGHT We won't quit until we pass out on our laptop . . . or until some guys start making fun of us for taking the thing into Denny's.

I would imagine there is a big difference from #2 money to #3 money. Not sure how much leverage he has as he falls.

Didn't see this posted yet - sorry if HONDA - but getting more interesting!!!

SEGAL PLANNING A BAYOU POWER PLAY

A league source tells us that agent Joel Segal plans to take the position that tailback Reggie Bush will not play for the New Orleans Saints.

The source also tells us that the Texans opted to tab defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 overall pick due to Bush and Segal's sky-high monetary demands. Segal, we're told, wanted $30 million in guaranteed money -- a 25 percent increase over the $24 million in guaranteed money that quarterback Alex Smith received as the No. 1 overall pick in 2005. Although Bush's recent P.R. problems didn't, we hear, play a role in the Texans' decision, word is that the multiple issues regarding Bush and his family caused the Texans to conclude that the fan base would be more likely to accept the decision to draft Williams.

As to the Saints, the thinking is that they are more than happy to fall out of the No. 2 spot, and the financial commitment that it requires. The Jets are an obvious choice to make a move, and they've got the No. 29 overall pick to throw into the mix.

Under the trade value chart, however, the Jets would still need 160 points to justify the transaction. The No. 2 pick is worth 2,600 points, the No. 4 selection is worth 1,800, and the No. 29 pick has a value of 640.

If a trade goes down between the Jets and Saints, New Orleans would draft tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson or linebacker A.J. Hawk at No.4.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the Packers and the Raiders have contacted the Saints about a possible trade up, as have the Cardinals. The Cardinals, interestingly, would make the move not to draft Bush -- which would drop him to at least No. 3.

The Cardinals, we figure, would make the move in order to nab Ferguson. Then the question becomes whether the Titans stick with Vince Young, or whether they select Bush.

The most intriguing landing spot for Bush is Green Bay, where he would provide the kind of Reggie White impact for which Lord Favre recently has been whining. Ironically, Favre wrote off in his press conference about nothing from April 8 the possible impactof any rookie in 2006.

Brett might feel differently if the rookie they end up with is Reggie Bush.

And the Saints could still slide to the five hole and get Ferguson or Hawk. New Orleans also would be slotted one spot lower, meaning less money required to sign the player.
Link please.

gotta figure Bush's agent wants him to be in NY - he can save face by the extra $ for endorsements by being in the #1 market vs Houston.

If Bush actually stays in NO - bye bye agent!

I wonder if the NFL wants him and his enormous marketability in the "fallen" city of New Orleans?

I don't blame Reggie or any NFL player for not wanting to play there.

Just another great twist.

Bush to the Saints only to make his return to L.A. in a couple years.

No, really. I'm thinking the Jets could really do some damage in this draft by giving the 1.04 and next year's 1st. The 29th on Mangold and the 2.04 on Eric Winston. Superb start to rebuilding the offense.

Um, yeah. Like Eli Manning saved face. Brilliant! :wall:
Landed on his feet with a playoff team in the #1 market in the world.Brilliant, indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread