What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rent-a-Defense Week 1. Which offense looks the tastiest? (1 Viewer)

New england shouldnt be on waivers
Nor STL.
Why would you have waivers before week 1? Most people drafted these teams with renting them in mind. NE will be dropped by week 3 or 4.
I thought most leagues had waivers after the draft. :shrug:

I doubt most teams who drafted NE did so with an eye toward dropping them. The whole waiver-wire-d thing is old hat in dedicated FF communities, but is still pretty rare in most leagues. Especially so for D's that got drafted as high as NE did, on average, this year. I'm expecting most NE owners worldwide will start them religiously.

Nor STL.
Why would you have waivers before week 1? Most people drafted these teams with renting them in mind. NE will be dropped by week 3 or 4.
I thought most leagues had waivers after the draft. :shrug: I doubt most teams who drafted NE did so with an eye toward dropping them. The whole waiver-wire-d thing is old hat in dedicated FF communities, but is still pretty rare in most leagues. Especially so for D's that got drafted as high as NE did, on average, this year. I'm expecting most NE owners worldwide will start them religiously.
While I think you may be partially correct, the idea that they wouldn't be on the waiver wire is not that ridiculous. They aren't a great defense but they do have some good week 1 and 2 matchups and possibly a 3rd in Tampa for week 3. I'd say by week 4 and 5 (Atl and Cincy), they will be the most dropped defense.

So does anyone else that is a member find it strange where the Colts and Bucs are ranked for week 1? Why so low?
Dodds essentially has TB ranked the lowest amongst all the experts.

The consensus has them ranked 4th, he has them ranked 20th. :shrug:

EDIT: Never mind, those are pre-draft rankings not weekly rankings. Still the consensus has them ranked 4th this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nor STL.
I thought most leagues had waivers after the draft. :shrug: I doubt most teams who drafted NE did so with an eye toward dropping them. The whole waiver-wire-d thing is old hat in dedicated FF communities, but is still pretty rare in most leagues. Especially so for D's that got drafted as high as NE did, on average, this year. I'm expecting most NE owners worldwide will start them religiously.
While I think you may be partially correct, the idea that they wouldn't be on the waiver wire is not that ridiculous. They aren't a great defense but they do have some good week 1 and 2 matchups and possibly a 3rd in Tampa for week 3. I'd say by week 4 and 5 (Atl and Cincy), they will be the most dropped defense.
I had a weird spot in my draft where too many guys I liked equally were there, and I thought would all fall, and I couldn't fit them al on my roster...so I grabbed NE specifically for weeks 1 and 2. I'm hoping I can hold them after I drop an end of roster guy bec they'll get o face the Jets and Bills again later. Wayyyy to early to be predicting rent-a-D past like week 3 IMO.

I Would say the Bucs D is above average. Led the league in rushing yards yards allowed by the other team, their secondary sucked though. Que Revis island,if he plays at 100 percent I'd say it has a shot to be a pretty good defense this year. On top of that their schedule as a whole is pretty delicious.
I don't think their schedule is a cakewalk.
Bucs D with combined 6 games against NO, ATL, CAR in division. Then they have NFC Central, AFC North. Eagles and Lions.

I dont like that schedule at all.

HULLOBUDMAN said:
I Would say the Bucs D is above average. Led the league in rushing yards yards allowed by the other team, their secondary sucked though. Que Revis island,if he plays at 100 percent I'd say it has a shot to be a pretty good defense this year. On top of that their schedule as a whole is pretty delicious.
Bucs D with combined 6 games against NO, ATL, CAR in division. Then they have NFC Central, AFC North. Eagles and Lions.

No one said you have to keep them. Flavor of the week and then move on.

HULLOBUDMAN said:

He was giving commentary relating to the discussion of their schedule.

HULLOBUDMAN said:

Gotcha

If you pair them with another defense like the Bills, you will have a nice schedule.

I saw something scroll across the screen as I was flipping channels that said Geno Smith admitted to not watching any tape on Revis in preparation for this game. I'm real close to dropping Indy to grab TB.

I saw something scroll across the screen as I was flipping channels that said Geno Smith admitted to not watching any tape on Revis in preparation for this game. I'm real close to dropping Indy to grab TB.
I'm not so sure it would have even mattered. Part of me is a bit worried since I've put all of my eggs in TB's basket but as a Jets fan, I don't see how Geno doesn't turn the ball over at least three times tomorrow.

GroveDiesel said:
I saw something scroll across the screen as I was flipping channels that said

Geno Smith
admitted to not watching any tape on Revis
in preparation for this game. I'm real close to dropping Indy to grab TB.
What difference does it make? If he throws at Revis he's already made the mistake. He only has to know Revis' number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread