What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Restaurants have gotten so expensive……also recycling and phone apps (2 Viewers)

Got takeout from local taco place. Sat at the bar, had two beers while I ordered and waited. Got 1 giant *** burrito, 6 tacos, side of rice and beans and guac. 61 bucks plus a 5 dollar tip. Fed all four of us wonderfully.

@Scoresman we all shared that 1 burrito
Crazy to me that this is considered a value now.
:confused:

I fed a hungry family of 4 and got two beers for what amounted to like 16 bucks a person. That would have been a value 15 years ago
What kind of tacos?
3 shrimp and 3 fish
That makes it a bit more understandable.

I went to Moe's yesterday for the first time in a long time. A homewrecker burrito was $10.05. Which is honestly kind of surprising because, while I am going totally off memory here, I feel like when I went to Moe's regularly like 20 years ago when they had one right next door to where I worked the homewrecker burrito was already $9-$10 way back then. So it's basically the same price now.

Private company, doesn't have a stock that's up a gajillion percent since then.

Maybe part of that is that it was already overpriced way back then, but maybe part of the answer here is to support companies that have been okay keeping relative price parity and enjoying reasonable profit margins rather than the ones like McDonald's et all where both prices and stock price are up 400% over that same period.

I went to Moe's yesterday for the first time in a long time. A homewrecker burrito was $10.05. Which is honestly kind of surprising because, while I am going totally off memory here, I feel like when I went to Moe's regularly like 20 years ago when they had one right next door to where I worked the homewrecker burrito was already $9-$10 way back then. So it's basically the same price now.

Private company, doesn't have a stock that's up a gajillion percent since then.

Maybe part of that is that it was already overpriced way back then, but maybe part of the answer here is to support companies that have been okay keeping relative price parity and enjoying reasonable profit margins rather than the ones like McDonald's et all where both prices and stock price are up 400% over that same period.
That does seem pretty reasonable. I just checked Chipotle online and it looks like a chicken burrito is $10 and a steak burrito is about $11. $3 to add guac, of course.

I haven't eaten at either in a while, but I remember Moe's always seemed like a much better value than Chipotle. Of course, we don't have a Moe's here anymore since Chipotle wiped them out.

My wife and I go out to lunch a few times a week instead of dinner these days.

Specials everywhere and a far bigger value for the same exact food vs paying dinner prices.

Yes we will still go out for dinner….but we have cut back a lot and replaced those outings with lunch outings.

Also if it’s just us…..we have been splitting one plate. Clutch and better for our waistlines.

We don’t drink.

So Ice water with lemon it is.

The sticker shock post covid has been real. I just can’t justify it anymore for average food.

We carefully choose where we eat out these days. It has to be quality in every way.

Fast food? Lol…..Chick Filet or nothing. Everyone else is overpriced crap. And I mean crap. Crap food, crap service.

We are done with most casual dine places too. Except for:

Carabbas and Texas Roadhouse.

We are supporting locally owned places a lot more now than ever before.

Specials everywhere and a far bigger value for the same exact food vs paying dinner prices.

Yes we will still go out for dinner….but we have cut back a lot and replaced those outings with lunch outings.

Also if it’s just us…..we have been splitting one plate. Clutch and better for our waistlines.

We don’t drink.

The sticker shock post covid has been real. I just can’t justify it anymore for average food.

We carefully choose where we eat out these days. It has to be quality in every way.

Fast food? Lol…..Chick Filet or nothing. Everyone else is overpriced crap. And I mean crap. Crap food, crap service.

I’d like to think we eat in more now and I think we do, but we still go out like yesterday for lunch for Mother’s Day. For 4 of us, it was a reasonable $153 with tax and tip. 3 alcoholic drinks, 2 big appetizers and 4 meals. We were ridiculously stuffed and I told my two sons, I wasn’t making dinner. Leftovers were dinner when they got hungry. For the amount of food we got, it was actually very reasonable. Saturday night was filets from Costco with a $10 off a package coupon. 6 filets for $63. I should have frozen two of them but I’m going to make some sort of French dip with the two tonight.

I’ve definitely gotten way more conscious of going out and if getting deals. Now that my middle son is back from college, the 3 giants for the price of 2 at Jersey Mikes is back in the rotation. We each usually eat half and then eat the rest for lunch or dinner the next day. 6 meals for $35-40 isn’t so bad. Coupons and rewards through the apps are musts in today’s world, just like finding those reasonable spots and making dinner at home.

We don’t drink.

I’d like to think we eat in more now and I think we do, but we still go out like yesterday for lunch for Mother’s Day. For 4 of us, it was a reasonable $153 with tax and tip. 3 alcoholic drinks, 2 big appetizers and 4 meals. We were ridiculously stuffed and I told my two sons, I wasn’t making dinner. Leftovers were dinner when they got hungry. For the amount of food we got, it was actually very reasonable. Saturday night was filets from Costco with a $10 off a package coupon. 6 filets for $63. I should have frozen two of them but I’m going to make some sort of French dip with the two tonight.

I’ve definitely gotten way more conscious of going out and if getting deals. Now that my middle son is back from college, the 3 giants for the price of 2 at Jersey Mikes is back in the rotation. We each usually eat half and then eat the rest for lunch or dinner the next day. 6 meals for $35-40 isn’t so bad. Coupons and rewards through the apps are musts in today’s world, just like finding those reasonable spots and making dinner at home.
Jersey Mikes is money.

Yes, we eat in minimum 5 days a week for dinner.

I have been trying to stay away from fast food in general, but I in a moment of weakness I went out for some Weinerschnitzel on Friday for lunch. I hadn't been there in a month or so, but was absolutely shocked to see a huge uptick in pricing across the board. The increase will definitely make it easier to stay away, which'll be good for my waistline. :oldunsure:

Went out with my son and wife for a Japanese tai lunch.

My wife and I had Chicken Tai Red Curry that comes with rice and salad. $12 each.

My son had the Monday roll special 20 pieces of a specialty roll they charge $17 for 10 pieces Tuesday thru Sunday. All for $14 plus $3 for iced tea.

This is how we do it now. For dinner this bill would have been north of $90 with tip.

Today? $48 with tip. For 3 people.

And it’s top quality food. One of the best sushi restaurants around our area. Also local. So helping our local business owners.

Went out with my son and wife for a Japanese tai lunch.

My wife and I had Chicken Tai Red Curry that comes with rice and salad. $12 each.

My son had the Monday roll special 20 pieces of a specialty roll they charge $17 for 10 pieces Tuesday thru Sunday. All for $14 plus $3 for iced tea.

This is how we do it now. For dinner this bill would have been north of $90 with tip.

Today? $48 with tip. For 3 people.

And it’s top quality food. One of the best sushi restaurants around our area. Also local. So helping our local business owners.

That's great value. We ordered sushi for pickup last night and it was $43 total with the to-go tip (I think I gave $3) but just fed me and my wife. And I could have easily eaten more, but had eaten a later lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread