What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ricky Proehl (1 Viewer)

Weiner Dog

Footballguy
NFL | Proehl's career not over yet

Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:02:27 -0800

Darin Gantt, of the Rock Hill Herald, reports free agent WR Ricky Proehl (Panthers) is not finished in the NFL, even though the Carolina Panthers will not re-sign him. His agent, Alan Herman, said Proehl intends to play in the 2006 season.

It blows my mind this guy has 8,848 receiving yards in his career. I'm not a fan of Proehl, nor will I ever be, but I honestly had no idea he had (...or has) an outside chance of 10k receiving yards. To put 10k yards into perspective...

** Only 24 WR's have ever accomplished the feat.

** Rod Smith became the first undrafted WR to ever hit 10k yards last year. I would have assumed Rod had Proehl doubled. :shock:

Also one of my favorite players. He and Ed McCafferey really defined what a WR can be without great physical talent.

Anyone know what went down in Carolina? Fox begged him to come back last year and now they won't resign him???

Anyone know what went down in Carolina? Fox begged him to come back last year and now they won't resign him???
They signed Key, still have Carter and Colbert, neither of who is going to be a #5 guy.As much as the Panthers like Proehl, there isnt a spot for him. Hes not going to play his 16th(17th?) season and be a #5 WR. He doesnt play ST, and is going to make a (relatively huge for a #5 WR) veteran min salary.

Anyone know what went down in Carolina?  Fox begged him to come back last year and now they won't resign him???
They signed Key, still have Carter and Colbert, neither of who is going to be a #5 guy.As much as the Panthers like Proehl, there isnt a spot for him. Hes not going to play his 16th(17th?) season and be a #5 WR. He doesnt play ST, and is going to make a (relatively huge for a #5 WR) veteran min salary.
That sucks...he came up big last year. Freaking cut that waste of a roster space called Colbert.

Also one of my favorite players. He and Ed McCafferey really defined what a WR can be without great physical talent.
Don't forget the OTHER Jersey Guy, Wayne Chrebet :thumbup:

Anyone know what went down in Carolina?  Fox begged him to come back last year and now they won't resign him???
That sucks...he came up big last year. Freaking cut that waste of a roster space called Colbert.
I think they are going to attribute Colbert's precipitous dropoff on an undisclosed ankle injury that he just had surgery on.We'll see.

Jersey guy, too! :thumbup:
my hometown and HS. Hillsborough. one of 3 alumni in the leagueProehl

Giants OL shawn ohara

Browns safety Shawn mayer

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are going to attribute Colbert's precipitous dropoff on an undisclosed ankle injury that he just had surgery on.We'll see.
Unless that injury happened before the pre-season, I'm attributing it to the fact that he sucks. We demand Proehl back! :rant:

Rich Scanlon of the Chiefs is from St Joe's in Montvale NJ. You guys ever hear of that school?

He could do a job for New England.
:goodposting: Proehl seems like a great fit in NE, but I doubt it will happen since they've re-signed Troy Brown. I wish the Lions would've signed him instead of Corey Bradford.

Other possibilities might be Pittsburgh or New Orleans.

BBI has him interested in playing for the Giants, the team he grew up rooting for
Damn ... beat me to it.He'd be a good fit in NY too. Proehl is still money in the bank on third downs.

Users who are viewing this thread