What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ricky Williams Will He Win Appeal & What Team? (1 Viewer)

Ricky Williams Will He Win Appeal & What Team?

• 99%, Ricky Will Win Appeal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75%, Magic 8-Ball Says Probably

• 50% Could Go Either Way

• 25% Not Likely

• 1% No way. Didn't you get it the first 3 times???

• Total voters

Baracuda

Footballguy
What are Ricky Williams chances for playing this year? Also, please comment on whether you think he will be traded?

If his appeal is upheld, I think the chance that he ends up in Denver is as good as it was before this whole affair...perhaps even better given that his price may be a bit lower. With Anderson gone Denver is almost certainly in the market for another back. If the price is right, I believe Williams could fit the bill.

With no real information, its just a guess as to what happened. While I'd say the odds are about 50/50 of him being guilty, I only give him the 25 percent chance because such appeals arent often won. 10 percent would be an even better number.

someone give me a case of a player that was NOT suspended after reports of a failed test came out.

I know of none.

No shot to win apeal

If his appeal is upheld, I think the chance that he ends up in Denver is as good as it was before this whole affair...perhaps even better given that his price may be a bit lower. With Anderson gone Denver is almost certainly in the market for another back. If the price is right, I believe Williams could fit the bill.
I wonder if the Abe talk has quashed Denver's willingness to trade for Ricky.

someone give me a case of a player that was NOT suspended after reports of a failed test came out.

I know of none.

No shot to win apeal
there have been. Sorry I don't recall who

I know of none.

No shot to win apeal
there have been. Sorry I don't recall who
i seem to recall a saints LB winning this type of appeal last year...but i'm not positive (pun intended)voted 50/50 but if he does win his appeal i'm guessing that he's much less likely to be traded than before

I know of none.

No shot to win apeal
:goodposting: Even if there has been a successful appeal, has it ever been for a players with as many positive tests as Ricky?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure he put some healing herb into his body that has absolutely no effect whatsoever on his on-field performance. Nevertheless, the NFL doesn't care...

Does anyone know what "drug" the NFL claims to have found in Williams? Hopefully it isn't another joke of an herb...

On what basis do you think he will win an appeal?

If he truly failed a test and wins based somehow on the info leaking out, what team in their right mind will trade for him? He still in reality failed and is still using something illegal or banned. How long will it be before he fails a test that he can't appeal.

If Julius Peppers can't win an appeal under the "I didn't know a banned substance was in this product", how will Ricky "Smoke" Williams?

i'm pretty sure sgt. pepper's LHCB case was not for a natural herb/remedy... i don't have a link, but i thought it was more like a speed-related substance from amphetamine class of drugs...

in his case he claimed to not know (i happened to believe him), as whatever he took was at behest of incompetent "nutritionist"... but in that case, ignorance wasn't a defense...

I think he will win his appeal when it is revealed that he was just holding that urine for a friend.

i'm pretty sure sgt. pepper's LHCB case was not for a natural herb/remedy... i don't have a link, but i thought it was more like a speed-related substance from amphetamine class of drugs...

in his case he claimed to not know (i happened to believe him), as whatever he took was at behest of incompetent "nutritionist"... but in that case, ignorance wasn't a defense...
This has happened to quite a few players I believe. Mike Cloud had a steroid in one of his supplements that simply wasnt listed on the ingrediants label. He lost his appeal. Not knowing what a supplement contains wont win a grievance at least not by itself. There are plenty of other scenarios including false positives and the amount of the substance required to produce a positive. Due to confidentiality, we neither know what Ricky's case is, nor do we know the situations of players who have previously won an appeal.

I know of none.

No shot to win apeal
:goodposting: Even if there has been a successful appeal, has it ever been for a players with as many positive tests as Ricky?
Seriously. And What team would be crazy enough to gamble on a guy who has been suspended as many times as Ricky. Anyone who signs him is playing with fire, and I dont think even Shanny has the balls to do that (not with an almost-SB-ready team). In the ridiculous scenario that he wins his appeal, Saban will probly keep him around, but he will have no trade value.

50/50. The public doesn't have the full story here. Anything could have happened.
:lmao: what full story? was Ricky the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll?? are you hiding something from us?!? lol

I think it's impossible to call at this point. The key to me is whether some supplement he took was actually listed on the banned list or not. He certainly might have taken something of foreign origins which is technically not on the banned list, but still triggered a positive based on "or similar agents" under the masking agents category. If this is the case, I like his appeal odds. OTOH, if he took anything on the banned substance list, mistake or otherwise, he's toast.

50/50.  The public doesn't have the full story here.  Anything could have happened.
:lmao: what full story? was Ricky the second gunman on the Grassy Knoll?? are you hiding something from us?!? lol
LMAO-Grassy Knoll(maybe the full story is Denver let Anderson go because they know already Ricky is going to win his appeal. Sexy thought) (And B.S.)The breakdown of 120 vote is stunning to me. If you are a football fan you know these appeals are just not won. And IF they ever are, there are VERY few.

I have to believe that the results above for voting are fans/owners of the Fins/Ricky.

Cannot wait for the results. I hope he gets fried(whoops!) because that ends 1 more RBBC for FF purposes!

Edited to add my Denver conspiracy theory

Does anyone know the timing of Ricky's appeal? I heard April thrown around, but why would the NFL delay it by that much?

Dolphins | R. Williams camp zeroing in on what caused failed drug test

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 06:04:23 -0800

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams and his representatives, working on their appeal of a drug test that could result in a one-year suspension, have begun zeroing in on the herbal supplements he has taken after learning some can mimic a banned substance...

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/22/nfl">Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams and his representatives, working on their appeal of a drug test that could result in a one-year suspension, have begun zeroing in on the herbal supplements he has taken after learning some can mimic a banned substance...

Can you really believe Williams . No not at all.He is a bum and deserves to be banned for life.

Can you really believe Williams . No not at all.He is a bum and deserves to be banned for life.
:thumbdown: Everyone knows he is eccentric. If there is a herbal suppliment that mimics a banned substance it needs to be brought to light. I guess if he had eaten a bagel with poppy seeds he needs banned too.

:lmao: ...funny how bums win Heisman trophies and are NFL MVP candidates.

I suppose your Nobel Peace Prize is sitting in your trophy case. :lmao:

Anyone have an update on Ricky? Maybe someone from the Miami area knows something more than we're hearing about nationally?

Update

Ricky Williams' appeal of a positive drug test has been set for early April, according to a source. Williams is expected to attend the hearing in New York, along with his attorney David Cornwell.

Williams, who was scheduled to return Sunday to the United States after spending time in India, tested positive for an unknown substance that sources have said is not marijuana. The positive test, the fourth for Williams, could result in him being suspended for the entire 2006 season if the appeal is not successful.

Users who are viewing this thread