What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rights Regarding Tracking A Company Car (1 Viewer)

I’m outraged And all tracking and monitoring whether it’s work related or not this is an exclusive to my job this is Alex I was in your house this is when you get in your car your GPS telling you where you’re going before you’ve even figured it out

at all tracking and monitoring whether it’s work related or not this is an exclusive to my job this is Alex is in your house this is when you get in your car your GPS telling you where you’re going before you’ve even figured it out. 

I get it, you guys are more than happy to give up your liberties and freedoms because it’s convenient for you. I think youre absolute morons and I’m sure you think the same of me. It’s cool it’s a matter of what you believe in.
You know you can turn all that stuff off right?

I mean up until this phone I never had location on, I then gave up :)

The best thing about 5G causing this COVID-19 epidemic is that I no longer look suspicious wearing a face mask in public to avoid facial recognition surveillance by black helicopters. :tinfoilhat:

im shocked how many people in this thread expect that when they get to use a company vehicle they can just do whatever they want with it and expect that no employer should ever know or care or look in to it or actually do due diligence about the use of company items and resources but hey thats just me talkin take that to the bank bromigos 
Link? 

I forgot the audience I was speaking to. I’m looking forward to seeing your tears when Trump wins again and I don’t even like the dude.
Some of the most conservative posters in this thread have disagreed with you, and yet you insist on plowing forward with your preconceived bias.

I’m outraged And all tracking and monitoring whether it’s work related or not this isnt exclusive to my job this is Alexis in your house,  this is when you get in your car your GPS telling you where you’re going before you’ve even figured it out

at all tracking and monitoring whether it’s work related or not this is an exclusive to my job this is Alex is in your house this is when you get in your car your GPS telling you where you’re going before you’ve even figured it out. 

I get it, you guys are more than happy to give up your liberties and freedoms because it’s convenient for you. I think youre absolute morons and I’m sure you think the same of me. It’s cool it’s a matter of what you believe in.

Excuse the grammar and the misspellings. Are used voice to text because I’m eating my lunch and I really don’t feel like reading the responses that are totally cool with the big brother invading your entire life.Don’t have much to say to you people and we fundamentally disagree at our core
This is an entirely different issue/scenario than the government monitoring activity without consent. 

Principle of what?  Principle of a company keeping track of their property?  Principle of a company knowing how their property is being used?  Do you have the same objection to them looking at your internet usage on a company computer?  It's the same thing.
Yeah I don’t see how he doesn’t acknowledge the difference between what is happening to him and “big brother” (his words, not mine). This is not the gubmint watching him, it’s a private employer while he’s using their equipment. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the most conservative posters in this thread have disagreed with you, and yet you insist on plowing forward with your preconceived bias.
It's ok, we can disagree. 

You guys are cool with work monitoring you when youre off the clock. Knowing every move you make. Obviously people can't be driving reckless, running dope or working a side business with the company car, which is already not allowed. 

Already working on the new job, in the meantime Ill adjust, wont use the car when im off. I also wont answer the phone, nor work after hours or weekends anymore. 

You guys are cool with work monitoring you when youre off the clock. Knowing every move you make. Obviously people can't be driving reckless, running dope or working a side business with the company car, which is already not allowed. 

Already working on the new job, in the meantime Ill adjust, wont use the car when im off. I also wont answer the phone, nor work after hours or weekends anymore. 
This is pretty impressive spy car that you have.  Are you driving KITT? 

They know every move the company's equipment makes.  Not every move you make.  You have a choice to use the company equipment or not for personal business.

Wait until you find out the government is tracking your private vehicle if equipped....
Phone yes, not my personal truck which is just a Newer llifted Nissan Frontier. (they’ve been making the same model for 15 years) Besides, you can rip out the tracking crap on your personal stuff. 

My three other vehicles are souped up/rebuilt 1997 Tahoe, 1983 motorcycle (cafe racer styled) and 1972 Datsun 240z I’m currently working on. 

Can’t work on new cars. 

Phone yes, not my personal truck which is just a Newer llifted Nissan Frontier. (they’ve been making the same model for 15 years) Besides, you can rip out the tracking crap on your personal stuff. 

My three other vehicles are souped up/rebuilt 1997 Tahoe, 1983 motorcycle (cafe racer styled) and 1972 Datsun 240z I’m currently working on. 

Can’t work on new cars. 
Ok, here’s the point for everyone. Is it your truck or their truck?

I'd be very cool if work monitored by movements off the clock if they provided me a vehicle that I could drive wherever I wanted. Reasonably, I wouldn't expect complete privacy in that situation though so when I head off to a hookers and blow party* I'm probably catching an uber. 

*I've never actually attended a hookers and blow party. In reality, my work would see my driving to the grocery store and the golf course and that's about it. 

I'd be very cool if work monitored by movements off the clock if they provided me a vehicle that I could drive wherever I wanted. Reasonably, I wouldn't expect complete privacy in that situation though so when I head off to a hookers and blow party* I'm probably catching an uber. 

*I've never actually attended a hookers and blow party. In reality, my work would see my driving to the grocery store and the golf course and that's about it. 
Exactly.  And I doubt they have a team actively monitoring you, more likely they have access to the data in case they need it for some reason 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Even if you did go to a hookers and blow party, unless they set up a notification for people that went to the hooker and blow emporium, I doubt they would even know. 

Can’t work on new cars. 
Thank you for the inventory of your vehicles. Now please post in this thread:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/785538-how-many-tvs-are-in-your-house/

It seems appropriate to provide this link:

https://youtu.be/OMOGaugKpzs

Can't see why anyone would have a problem with this. They explicitly gave permission to use the car for personal business, so its not like they can slap your hand for driving it after hours. And since they're providing the insurance (commercial insurance generally covers cars, not drivers) 24/7  its perfectly reasonable that they get data on driving patterns and behaviors.  (so And yeah, their carrier is probably providing them with a pretty nice discount for doing so.  I guess I'd be a tad annoyed if I came in a Monday and my boss scolded me for going 70 in a 55 over the weekend, but I'd get over it pretty quick.

I guess we all have stuff that we get hung up on, but I cant imagine how this would ever be a reason to leave a job that you otherwise like. :shrug:

They're not tracking you, they're tracking their property.  And by tracking, it means some GPS data is getting dumped into a database that no one will look at unless they have to.  

Being outraged about this is one of the more bonkers takes I've ever seen here. 

Easy way out of this is to purchase $2,000 USD of Bitcoin and send promptly it to your employer. 

You have until Friday afternoon to do this. Or Else. 

It's an interesting question.

Some of you know I do a fair bit of work with the Homeless community in Knoxville, where I live.

One of the initiatives was a program to allow homeless people to qualify for permanent housing apartments with a drastically reduced rent rate. 

One of the conditions the city wanted was to prohibit the (other wise legal) possession of alcohol by people in the apartments. The logic was, alcohol abuse is a problem for homeless people. If the city is going to subsidize the rent for them, they wanted to not allow alcohol in the apartments. 

I remember being torn on that as one side, I can see it making sense. On the other side, I remember thinking these people had done nothing wrong, and many had NOT abused alcohol, so why should they have to comply with the city's desire to not allow alcohol for anyone. Those kinds of things get complicated. 

I'll start a poll on that one. 

Principle of what?  Principle of a company keeping track of their property?  Principle of a company knowing how their property is being used?  Do you have the same objection to them looking at your internet usage on a company computer?  It's the same thing.
No, it isn't.  They're are tracking him ON PERSONAL TIME.  

No wonder our civil liberties are so under attack.

Me, too.  Does privacy mean nothing to you people?
Obviously there are no "off hours" for the car - it's the company's property 24/7.  Would I care that somewhere, there's a database that knows that at 2020-05-10 15:52:43 the car moved from 40.7580° N, 73.9855° W to 40.7359° N, 73.9911° W or whatever?  Personally, no, obviously they're storing that data. 

But if you're so concerned about your privacy that you'd prefer such a record doesn't exist, then don't use the car for personal stuff.  Seems like an absurdly simple solution.  

In their car
That they didn't tell him they were doing.  That they pimped as a perk.  It's not any more.  It's creepy spying at that point.  If he had known in advance, he could have negotiated a compensation deal where he used his own car.

No, it isn't.  They're are tracking him ON PERSONAL TIME.  

No wonder our civil liberties are so under attack.
No, they are tracking company property.  If he doesn't want that to happen on personal time then don't use company property for personal time.

It's an interesting question.

Some of you know I do a fair bit of work with the Homeless community in Knoxville, where I live.

One of the initiatives was a program to allow homeless people to qualify for permanent housing apartments with a drastically reduced rent rate. 

One of the conditions the city wanted was to prohibit the (other wise legal) possession of alcohol by people in the apartments. The logic was, alcohol abuse is a problem for homeless people. If the city is going to subsidize the rent for them, they wanted to not allow alcohol in the apartments. 

I remember being torn on that as one side, I can see it making sense. On the other side, I remember thinking these people had done nothing wrong, and many had NOT abused alcohol, so why should they have to comply with the city's desire to not allow alcohol for anyone. Those kinds of things get complicated. 

I'll start a poll on that one. 
It seems cut and dry for the homeless issue as well.  If you want subsidized housing then you aren't allowed alcohol in the facility.  If that is an issue then don't take up the offer of subsidized housing.  Nobody is forcing it.  It is a choice.

Its similar to various jobs that prohibit smoking pot even though it is legal in some areas.  It is your choice.  Take the job and you cannot legally smoke pot or don't take the job and smoke pot legally.

Users who are viewing this thread