What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP - Leonard Cohen - one of the greats - 82 years (1 Viewer)

A singular figure and more prodigious assmagnet than Wilt. Women were positively cultish about him. May we honor his passing by pelting with garbage everyone who treats "Hallelujah" as an inspirational ballad into eternity. RIP -

A singular figure and more prodigious assmagnet than Wilt. Women were positively cultish about him. May we honor his passing by pelting with garbage everyone who treats "Hallelujah" as an inspirational ballad into eternity. RIP -
Amen

FU American Idol

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen to this.

This passing sucks.

Love the exit on this smooth smooth sick effin song

https://youtu.be/WirxqAn7Ck8

From the same show as the Sonny Rollins - David Sanborn show was a killer in the day - you young whippersnappers will never know

Sick band with Robben Ford and George Duke - 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I liked him more as a songwriter than the performer .  Except, that is, for So Long Marianne.  Definitely need the original on that one.  LOVE that song.
I like his own interpretations the best, and especially his live versions. There are a lot of great covers of his songs out there, and I know his voice isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I dig it.

I think he is one of the best songwriters ever. I love singing along to Closing Time <---CBC Live Performance.  :wub:

This past Saturday I saw a band called The Honeycutters. They are an Americana/Countryish band out of Asheville. They play around NC a lot. Amanda Platt is the lead singer and songwriter of the band. She is a great songwriter. Anyway, they have been doing their own style cover of Hallelujah for years. Their rendition is upbeat, and this past year they put their cover of the song on their 2016 album. They played it Saturday, and I thought I'd share their version in this thread. I think Leonard is tapping his foot wherever he may be. Hallelujah

Users who are viewing this thread