What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Wikkidpissah (1 Viewer)

Oh no man that's awful, I'm so sorry to hear this.  RIP Wikkid, my heart goes out to his friends and family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely stunned. Dale is maybe the only guy on this board I would label a friend in any kind of realistic way.

I've had more direct interaction with him than anyone else on this board including a time when he helped me through some depression with some exercises and advice through DM's.

Damn RIP Wikkid. He was just posting in the NBA thread this week I think. 😢

Sucks
Yesterday, I believe.  I was actually awaiting his opinion on the Celtics latest acquisitions.

I'm honestly a little numb right now over this.  I was hoping to some day meet him in person.

1st ballot FFA HOFer.  Guy lived life hard, fast and full and had some amazing stories.

You'll be missed, GB.

Terrible news. I think he was living with/caring for an elderly parent, wasn’t he? 
He definitely had a way with words. I sometimes had to go back and reread what he wrote to understand all of it. But, it was always worth the effort. RIP. 
Both of them for a few years. I think think one of them passed recently.

Both of them for a few years. I think think one of them passed recently.
Here is a piece in our last PM exchange this Spring:

me Ma died last summer - the end was a blessing by the time it came, 2 days after her 96th, bday - so it's me and the crazy coot i call a father now. y'know, i came up here to ease what we thought were my mother's last 6 months and it turned into 7 yrs, so i'm a li'l worn out with snow & senility.

His posting from May in the Getting old, 55+ thread. RIP.

>>the only thing that goes @ 55 is that, sure as determination turns to doubt @ 35 (because we stop producing growth hormone), doubt turns to dread right then. i wasnt gonna say nuthin' - cuz i aint about helpin' folks hedge - but i see so many of you on the cusp.

NOW HEAR THIS, 53-55yos. if you got one big life change in you, do it now. you simply wont if you wait much longer. i've yet to identify the chemistry responsible for this but, if you ever gonna believe weird ol' wikkid on anything, go with me on this. 55 is the last number that matters. you been warned...<<

Bro wtf  :no:  

Will miss him in the NBA thread talking Celtics and taking a couple minutes each time to carefully read and decipher his posts lol.

RIP friend

I am absolutely stunned. Dale is maybe the only guy on this board I would label a friend in any kind of realistic way.

I've had more direct interaction with him than anyone else on this board including a time when he helped me through some depression with some exercises and advice through DM's.

While I luckily would put others in the "friend" category, there is no one on the board who has been a closer friend to me in the past year or so,  when, though I don't remember why now, we started a frequent email correspondence about anything and everything.  Our discussions were often the highlight of my day.

I knew he had been facing some massive health struggles but was hoping to turn the corner.  He'd stopped emailing or posting with as much frequency, though, because as he put it, "i expect it to be a while before i can speak expansively and that's the only basis upon which i care to communicate with anyone."  The last time I heard from him, seven days ago, he assured me he wasn't going anywhere any time soon, though. :(   

His last email again emphasized he didn't want to do anything halfway:  "i would just rather see if this thing plateaus and i can get back to embracing the good and the bad, the sublime and the ridiculous, so y'all dont have to suffer semi-Dale any more than i do."  I'd give about anything to have semi-Dale back.  ####.  I really can't wrap my head around this.  

Last edited by a moderator:
While I luckily would put others in the "friend" category, there is no one on the board who has been a closer friend to me in the past year or so,  when, though I don't remember why now, we started a frequent email correspondence about anything and everything.  Our discussions were often the highlight of my day.

Without sharing personal information that I shouldn't, I knew he had been facing some massive health struggles but was hoping to turn the corner.  He'd stopped emailing or posting with as much frequency, though, because as he put it, "i expect it to be a while before i can speak expansively and that's the only basis upon which i care to communicate with anyone."  The last time I heard from him, seven days ago, he assured me he wasn't going anywhere any time soon, though. :(   

His last email again emphasized he didn't want to do anything halfway:  "i would just rather see if this thing plateaus and i can get back to embracing the good and the bad, the sublime and the ridiculous, so y'all dont have to suffer semi-Dale any more than i do."  I'd give about anything to have semi-Dale back.  ####.  I really can't wrap my head around this.  
Man was only concerned with giving us 100% of himself. That's love.

Users who are viewing this thread