What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Wikkidpissah (1 Viewer)

PS - Did he ever publish any of his writing?  I have one of his pieces called CROWS.

JAA sighting!

A couple of us are gathering all of his writings that we can find and then will gift it all back to the FFA once the compilation is complete.  Warning:  this is going to take months.  But if you wouldn't mind sharing, either here or by sending to me directly, we'd love to add it to the compilation.  I can send you my email (you once had a yahoo email address for me - it's not that one!  :lol:  )

• Love
Reactions: Ned
Someone should start a thread about old DM's.  I just discovered that I sold Ugg boots to Junior NB back in 2008.  And I also realized that I probably owe someone money for Dead and Company tickets from 2017.  Now I feel stupid.  

Someone should start a thread about old DM's.  I just discovered that I sold Ugg boots to Junior NB back in 2008.  And I also realized that I probably owe someone money for Dead and Company tickets from 2017.  Now I feel stupid.  
I remember Junior. Wasn't he from Pennsylvania or Eagles fan or both?  If you owe money for Dead tickets from '17, that person probably thinks you're a deadbeat deadhead. Maybe you paid and just forgot.

krista4 said:

I wanted to post this here before its potentially gone:

wikkidpissah 25,772

Replied: May 25, 2017

Ok - here goes. You may not like it, but you may benefit from it.

A great philosopher - one of the more recent Dead White Guys - once said, "The feeling of being hurried is not usually the result of living a full life and having no time. It is born of a vague fear that we are wasting our time".

Meaning.

In a way, we are bugs. In a way, we are kings. What does that mean and why do we matter?

It matters because NO ONE in existence gets to be you on this day and know the difference but you, and no one ever will. That's an extraordinary gift - to feed, sleep, awaken and have the choice to make a child smile, kill a Commie, sing a song, put your life on the line just to see if you prevail, make an opinion forum laugh, nod or hurl, be the MVP in the room, cry over a deep feeling or memory, burn a woman DOWN.

Thing is, we don't do some of those things ANY day and don't to do some of them every day like we could and maybe should. Life takes work and lifework takes time and care and energy and focus. And you forget.

Never forget. Even the people who had to work every hour of every day hundreds of years ago just to stay alive took Sundays to be with family and community and thank God for the blessing of life. Never forget, You ARE a bug if you forget.

I'm not really a believer in God. Not an atheist - just don't know & don't need to know. Don't know if you do or not. Another recent Dead White Guy, popular author David Foster Wallace, said that it may turn out that God ends up to be the least repulsive thing we can worship. We ALL worship in one way or another, he said, but when we worship money & things, we never have enough; when we worship sex & body, we die 1000 deaths when it fades & sags; when we worship power, we must always have more or feel weak & afraid, when we worship intellect, we must always prove it or feel stupid & empty.

Long before reading that, i had felt kinda the same thing and decided to search for what a person who doesnt worship God can believe in to feel regular meaning in his life. I though & i thought. Boils down to two things.

Truth & beauty. You will NEVER feel empty, meaningless, ridiculous, buggish (or kingish, for that matter) again, if you make serving truth and/or beauty the center of your life.

When i was developing my theories on human happiness i came up with a great thought, "For each of us, there is a beauty only we can serve". I happen to have some artistic skill with words & music and put it to use as often as i can for the pure love of adding beauty to the world, successfully or not. Improving the space i occupy by doing so gives me a center that i can return to again & again and fill myself with joy and purpose.

I started to use some of my skill with words to convince others of this. It's been successful, except for one thing. I continue to believe EVERYONE has some art to them, but some have less than others and many in the middle of an already busy life have so little that the time away from being productive in other ways for such small yield may keep it from being a centering, joyous, successful venture.

What else, then? There's got to be something for everyone. I thought & i thought.

Truth. Burrowing through the bull#### built up in your head to figure out what you actually know and care about and then sharing that originality with others is an art. Serve mankind in a way that's meaningful and beauty is served.

Those are your choices - serve God, serve beauty, serve truth. Serve. Worship the service of life - yours, loved ones, strangers. Add your own meaning. Dedicate yourself to improving yourself and your corner of the world and your every act is free & meaningful. Good luck -

p.s. i have some thoughts on your relationship probs - though not as many as you might like - but that is for another time.

wikkidpissah 25,772

Replied: May 10, 2017

Right, except there is nothing close to the reward system in modern society that there was in the herd. One of the traditional benefits of being most right, most talented, most strong herd/tribe leader is the removal of doubt. In the industrial world, however, there's always another, if not several, bosses to answer to, be exploited by, steal props for your efforts. Lions, and rock stars, spend most of their day scratching full bellies, sleeping, making casual tours of their domain and railin chicks from behind. Corporate hierarchy has made most of the rest of us 24/7 hyenas.

But there's help. If wires cross between systems and the part of the system of which you have control is the most creative and capable, you can invent (or adopt) a way to rewire or, better, simplify the number and quality of connections between strata. Here's one:

I am full of ####, you are full of ####, the whole world is full of ####. But we have NO emotional waste elimination system in place to deal with that. This is the kind of egregious oversight which makes me laugh at the helping professions. 

In the first paragraph i wrote in your thread, i said "Acting purposefully to add a regular period of calmness to your day is highly recommended.". After finding your quiet place, whether thru a walk, tai chi, yoga breathing, that mindfulness thing you tried, a xannax (j/k), if you made an accounting of your day, eliminated bad feeling - whether your fault or others - created during your day, thanked yourself and family and friends and aides for efforts on your behalf, promised yourself another good try tomorrow at the blessed opportunity each day brings and visualized yourself, humbly but masterfully, at the center of the crossroads of your existence (yes, it is like saying your prayers), you will have flushed the #### from your day and it might not keep you up as much and add to clarity & confidence to your plans and their conduct.

I can help with the finer points, but give it a good try before you ask. I'm telling you what to do (which the "help"ers wont) but the more you make it yours, the better it will work. Good luck. Holla anytime -

Man. I just saw this. Until last week, I haven't posted in a pretty long time so just found out.

I've known Wikkid since the late 90's. We used to frequent a site named Fanball. He went by wikkid there also and my ID was Farcar. We hit it off and he would often make a joke about sharing pleasantries with one another's families and he would say, "send Mother Farcar my regards" or "mother Farcar would approve". You see the joke here and it would always draw in comments.

The man had a way with words and one of the most gripping stories he ever told me was about his "sweet Mary". If you know, you know.

My God, he was a good guy.

Man. I just saw this. Until last week, I haven't posted in a pretty long time so just found out.

I've known Wikkid since the late 90's. We used to frequent a site named Fanball. He went by wikkid there also and my ID was Farcar. We hit it off and he would often make a joke about sharing pleasantries with one another's families and he would say, "send Mother Farcar my regards" or "mother Farcar would approve". You see the joke here and it would always draw in comments.

The man had a way with words and one of the most gripping stories he ever told me was about his "sweet Mary". If you know, you know.

My God, he was a good guy.

A few days ago I was cooking Ethiopian food. I think of Dale every day, but even more so when I'm cooking. He was so positive and encouraging, and he always thought so much more of my skills than I do. We shared so many food experiences, including my sending the Italian beef combos that were one of his last indulgences. As he said, food is love.

Oddly enough, I associate Dale with Ethiopian food in particular, because the first time I made it, he asked me if I'd made my own injera. :lmao: I did not make my own injera a few nights ago either. But I thought of Dale every moment that I spent lovingly simmering the lentils.

I miss him so damn much.

I miss him so damn much.
Me, too. I was thining about him yesterday, and I wondered where all the archived material ended up. I reckon you know.

I have a lot saved but am still working on it.
Did an obit ever get published and linked here?

He requested no obituary.

Edit: I’m not sure my wording was clear there. His instructions were that there should not be an obit.

Last edited:
Damn!! Just saw this.

I think he's the only person on here to make me laugh out loud while reading a post.

Didn't know him other than what I saw in here over the last few years. So I won't really add anything that hasn t been said. I'll just leave it at his wisdom seemed otherworldly, and I took some of his free advice to heart. He helped me without knowing. RIP

Oh man this is terrible (sorry I didn't see it until now). Rest in peace Dale, I always appreciated interacting with you on here.

One year ago today that we lost Dale. I don't have adequate words to describe how that feels.

For anyone who might be curious, Dale's sister moved up to Vermont to take care of their father now. I've texted with her as recently as this week, and they're both doing well.

One year ago today that we lost Dale.

Yeah, was going to say something about the glowing flag my mother likes to hang around the Fourth. I remember hanging it last year with his death looming over the proceedings. We've hung it again this year and I think it'll always remind me of him, no matter how much the thing annoys me at night. And while that's probably not the right sentiment to remember him by, by God, that's how I remember his passing and thinking that hanging the thing would appease and please my Moms so I did it in memory of him.

And that's not to get all emo (because it really isn't the sentiment). It's just how I remember that he passed around this time last year. I think, ironically, the Fourth will always be his weekend in my mind now.

One year ago today that we lost Dale.

Yeah, was going to say something about the glowing flag my mother likes to hang around the Fourth. I remember hanging it last year with his death looming over the proceedings. We've hung it again this year and I think it'll always remind me of him, no matter how much the thing annoys me at night. And while that's probably not the right sentiment to remember him by, by God, that's how I remember his passing and thinking that hanging the thing would appease and please my Moms so I did it in memory of him.

And that's not to get all emo (because it really isn't the sentiment). It's just how I remember that he passed around this time last year. I think, ironically, the Fourth will always be his weekend in my mind now.

I love this story. I think he would appreciate the irony as well.

I knew it was close because he was the first comment on the nba thread last year. Thought about that when I started the new one.
It was a gut punch every time I would click on the thread and it just took me to the first page because there was his post.

Thought about him a lot during the playoffs. He had a love/hate relationship with the Celtics. They were his team, but he was their harshest critic. He also had a great appreciation for Marcus Smart and may have quit the team (again) after they traded him this offseason.

Nice thoughts shared privately with me from otb_lifer to be made public. I noted it ironic that I remember wik on the Fourth. He demurred, saying

"i wanted to reply to your Wik take, via the Flag story - that i believe he were the embodiment of all the good that flag stands for - independent, individualist, wanderlust, FREEDOM."

I want to just say Amen to that and that sometimes narratives that are offered in explanation of something don't get at the heart of what is truly under the surface. otb's thought is a nice thought and a more accurate one.

Anyway, just was sitting around and got to thinking and figured I'd post for the holiday weekend in remembrance of our friend.

Peace and Happy Fourth, everybody.

Last edited:
One year ago today that we lost Dale. I don't have adequate words to describe how that feels.

For anyone who might be curious, Dale's sister moved up to Vermont to take care of their father now. I've texted with her as recently as this week, and they're both doing well.

Very sad. I miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread