What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Road rage shootout in local grocery store parking lot (2 Viewers)

you don't like my suggestion ?   why ?
Maybe I'm putting words I his mouth, but I think the comment is less about your core idea and more about what you tend to deflect and pivot to.   It's something I've noticed a lot more in the last month or so around here. 

KarmaPolice said:
Do you read my posts? 

The funny thing is YOU seem to be fighting my ideas of stiffer penalties for these two things.  But never pass up a chance to blame the left, I guess. 

I've always said much harsher penalties for crimes especially for guns

300,000 of the 1,000,000 DUI's are repeat offenders

Do our prisons have space for 300,000 per year additional people who are driving impaired? 300,000 families losing their Dad or Mom's? Disproportionately impacting black people too ?

Can we see and agree why DUI's are allowed to happen - the above are huge obstacles in cracking down harder - and people/society? They're ok with 1 million DUI's and "every day, about 32 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes — that's one person every 45 minutes. In 2020, 11,654 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths — a 14% increase from 2019"

do you see CNN reporting it ? Foxnews? No ... but a crazy guy in Buffalo or a road rage incident .... headline news and we've got to take action and make changes !!  :(

my point is .......... why are murders using guns just accepted as collateral damage like DUI's/alcohol are ?  because alcohol isn't a political agenda and people are willing to trade 11-12,000 dead people and tens of thousands injured and 1 million arrested so they can get drunk this coming weekend

cold, hard, truth

KarmaPolice said:
Maybe I'm putting words I his mouth, but I think the comment is less about your core idea and more about what you tend to deflect and pivot to.   It's something I've noticed a lot more in the last month or so around here. 

I don't think he liked my suggestion - which was IF we are going to have red flag laws, there has to be some check in place that keeps people safe from false accusations

I don't think he liked my suggestion - which was IF we are going to have red flag laws, there has to be some check in place that keeps people safe from false accusations
Personally, I take more issue with the constant "but black people" or "but lying women" portion of your posts.   I should have been more direct than I was, and shouldn't have implied what @Nugget's post meant.  He can speak for himself.  

Personally, I take more issue with the constant "but black people" or "but lying women" portion of your posts.   I should have been more direct than I was, and shouldn't have implied what @Nugget's post meant.  He can speak for himself.  

why would you take issue ? they're very valid issues/concerns

I highly doubt I could get my GF arrested, her gun taken and a restraining order by saying "she verbally abused me" ..... however, I bet she could get my guns taken, a restraining order etc on the same accusation

fair? equal?  no .... why ?

same goes for the black/white thing .... until we're all treated the same, fairly and equally ... .how can we expect to progress as a society? 

I've always said much harsher penalties for crimes especially for guns

300,000 of the 1,000,000 DUI's are repeat offenders

Do our prisons have space for 300,000 per year additional people who are driving impaired? 300,000 families losing their Dad or Mom's? Disproportionately impacting black people too ?

Can we see and agree why DUI's are allowed to happen - the above are huge obstacles in cracking down harder - and people/society? They're ok with 1 million DUI's and "every day, about 32 people in the United States die in drunk-driving crashes — that's one person every 45 minutes. In 2020, 11,654 people died in alcohol-impaired driving traffic deaths — a 14% increase from 2019"

do you see CNN reporting it ? Foxnews? No ... but a crazy guy in Buffalo or a road rage incident .... headline news and we've got to take action and make changes !!  :(

my point is .......... why are murders using guns just accepted as collateral damage like DUI's/alcohol are ?  because alcohol isn't a political agenda and people are willing to trade 11-12,000 dead people and tens of thousands injured and 1 million arrested so they can get drunk this coming weekend

cold, hard, truth
A lot of tax revenues from booze also.

why would you take issue ? they're very valid issues/concerns

I highly doubt I could get my GF arrested, her gun taken and a restraining order by saying "she verbally abused me" ..... however, I bet she could get my guns taken, a restraining order etc on the same accusation

fair? equal?  no .... why ?

same goes for the black/white thing .... until we're all treated the same, fairly and equally ... .how can we expect to progress as a society? 
It is the same concept of the "sides" crap around here.   If I never say a bad thing about Biden and instead spin everything to Trump and the Republicans  - that usually gets called out, and it would give the impression that I don't think there is anything wrong with what Biden is doing right? 

Now apply that to these other more touchy discussions, and if a poster's continued response when talking about domestic abuse is "but what about the lying women and false accusations".....   

It is the same concept of the "sides" crap around here.   If I never say a bad thing about Biden and instead spin everything to Trump and the Republicans  - that usually gets called out, and it would give the impression that I don't think there is anything wrong with what Biden is doing right? 

Now apply that to these other more touchy discussions, and if a poster's continued response when talking about domestic abuse is "but what about the lying women and false accusations".....   

you're not accurately listening to me then

on domestic abuse I have little tolerance for it but it has to be done right, same for red flag laws.... I'm going to send you a PM

edit - never mind, you are not set up to get messages

as a victim myself of false accusations - and knowing other men who have been falsely accused - yes, its a valid concern

our country wasn't founded on guilty until proven innocent - red flag laws border on that, as do domestic abuse cases where the woman is blindly believed. That's very thin ice

Last edited by a moderator:
you're not accurately listening to me then

on domestic abuse I have little tolerance for it but it has to be done right, same for red flag laws.... I'm going to send you a PM

edit - never mind, you are not set up to get messages

as a victim myself of false accusations - and knowing other men who have been falsely accused - yes, its a valid concern

our country wasn't founded on guilty until proven innocent - red flag laws border on that, as do domestic abuse cases where the woman is blindly believed. That's very thin ice
I think you down play domestic violence.  I understand that you were hurt by your ex wife, and that now influences your world views.  More than 25% of women are victims of domestic violence. Less than half the cases are reported already because it is so hard for women to be believed. I know women who have prayed for broken bones so that someone would believe them.  Your solution to have men proven to have abused women lose their guns for 5 years is a joke. They should be in prison for at least that long and lose the guns for the rest of their lives.  Women serving 3 months in jail for someone not believing their story will reduce charges and bury more cases of abuse. So I disagree with your post.  

Users who are viewing this thread