What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rob Rang's Latest Mock (1 Viewer)

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
Commentary Via Fox

1. Texans - Bush

2. Saints - MWilliams

3. Titans - Leinart

4. Jets -Cutler

5. Packers -Ferguson

6. Niners - Hawk

7 Raiders - Davis

8. Bills - Bunkley

9. Lions - Huff

10. Cards - Young

11. Rans - Greenway

12 Browns - Ngata

13. Ravens - Wimbley

14. Eagles - Justice

15. Broncos - Jackson

16. Dolphins - JWilliams

17. Vikings - Sims

18. Cowboys - Allen

19. Chargers - Holmes

20. Chiefs - Joseph

21 Patriots - Whitner

22. Niners - Lawson

23. Bucs - Hill

24. Bengals - Cromartie

25. Giants - Carpenter

26. Bears - Youboty

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai

29. Jets - DWilliams

30 Colts - Maroney

31. Seahawkls - Jennings

32. Steeler - Mangold
Finally a pundit puts Leinart back with the Titans. I've seen Young there constantly for days. Rang isn't convinced and suggests Young may go here. More later.Cutler to the Jets is starting to sound serious if Rang is calling it this close to the draft. That interview must have been impressive. The throwing in the wind thing cannot have that much weight can it?

Greenway at 11 is as high as I've seen him since the Senior Bowl. Did he really fall? Was he ever low? Is he this high? I dunno, but I never downgraded him as far as many. He's a gamer, better when it's for real than in practice.

Jason Allen to Dallas would be a surprise. I expect Lawson, Carpenter or Wimbley, but as a fan... I like the Allen pick.

27, 28, 29, 30... Four straight RBs, White, Addai, Williams, Maroney. That would be fun. We could argue for years over who got it right. Addai ahead of DeAngelo and Maroney or one of them and White, is starting to get a lot of play. I think it's a mistake, but what do I know. Interesting run to say the least.

DeMeco Ryans will be a first rounder, dern it!

ETA - I forgot to add the more later on Leinart Tennessee etc. There is a rumor running around that a deal is almost done between Oakland, Tennessee and the Jets. It assures the Raiders of Leinart at .03, and it assures Tennessee Young or Cutler. I'll look for more, but I heard this is an almost a done deal spearheaded by Condon, who is delivering for Matt as promised.

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA - I forgot to add the more later on Leinart Tennessee etc. There is a rumor running around that a deal is almost done between Oakland, Tennessee and the Jets. It assures the Raiders of Leinart at .03, and it assures Tennessee Young or Cutler. I'll look for more, but I heard this is an almost a done deal spearheaded by Condon, who is delivering for Matt as promised.
Hoo-wee this would be a doozy if it goes down. It certainly makes a lot of sense for Tennessee if you believe that they are really torn between all 3 QBs. This Oakland-Leinart combo seems to be picking up steam.Comments about Rang's mock:

Brick to the Pack - not many people would see this coming. They have 2 solid OTs, but he's justifiable as a BPA. Hawk is too, but fills a much greater need.

Greenway at 11 - I think I've let my personal opinion of Greenway (good, but not special, like Ryans) cloud my judgment of where to mock him.

Wimbley to Baltimore - this is relatively new, no? Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott are solid OLBs, and Suggs anchors a decent corps of DEs including Trevor Pryce, Dan Cody, and Jarret Johnson. Still a solid BPA if you look strictly at his pass rush.

Eagles should be happy if they get Justice.

Man, tons of variance starting from two on in these mocks. So much up in the air with the draft less than 90 hours away.

1. Texans - Bush

2. Saints - MWilliams

3. Titans - Leinart

4. Jets -Cutler------Reach

5. Packers -Ferguson

6. Niners - Hawk -----Who is Smith going to throw to?

7 Raiders - Davis---QB or Defense

8. Bills - Bunkley

9. Lions - Huff

10. Cards - Young

11. Rans - Greenway

12 Browns - Ngata

13. Ravens - Wimbley

14. Eagles - Justice

15. Broncos - Jackson------Reach

16. Dolphins - JWilliams

17. Vikings - Sims

18. Cowboys - Allen

19. Chargers - Holmes

20. Chiefs - Joseph

21 Patriots - Whitner

22. Niners - Lawson

23.  Bucs - Hill

24. Bengals - Cromartie

25. Giants - Carpenter

26. Bears - Youboty

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai

29. Jets - DWilliams

30 Colts - Maroney

31. Seahawkls - Jennings

32. Steeler - Mangold-------Would be nice but will be gone

9 CB/S Seems like a lot

The RB run speaks for itself

Whitner and/or Carpenter to the Pats seem to be pretty common of late. Besides simply making football sense I wonder how much the fact a good portion of the Pats coaching staff has been to Columbus to scout has the experts matching a Buckeye with them.

Wimbley to Baltimore - this is relatively new, no? Adalius Thomas and Bart Scott are solid OLBs, and Suggs anchors a decent corps of DEs including Trevor Pryce, Dan Cody, and Jarret Johnson. Still a solid BPA if you look strictly at his pass rush.
correct you are, Mr Bloom!I've listened to well over 100 hours of radio locally the past few weeks and not once have I heard this one---(probably means it's got a good chance of happening!)

DT is the preference, but Bunkley and Ngata look like they'll be gone, putting Winston Justice in the crosshairs of my scope in Rd1.....while an edge guy might be selected w/1 of the 10 picks the Ravens own, I don't see it happening @13 :no:

ETA - I forgot to add the more later on Leinart Tennessee etc.  There is a rumor running around that a deal is almost done between Oakland, Tennessee and the Jets.  It assures the Raiders of Leinart at .03, and it assures Tennessee Young or Cutler.  I'll look for more, but I heard this is an almost a done deal spearheaded by Condon, who is delivering for Matt as promised.
There was a thread on this rumour and the closest we came to a conclusion was that this Bongo (and NFL Draft Hits) inspired rumour would leave the Titans vulnerable to not get any of them. Think there were close to 100 posts on this the last few days - the title was something like 'three way mega deal'ETA: Linky and that it was only 72 posts

Comments about Rang's mock:

Brick to the Pack - not many people would see this coming. They have 2 solid OTs, but he's justifiable as a BPA. Hawk is too, but fills a much greater need.
Would Brick play OG for a year or two? This would protect Favre, which would be key to their success this year.

Not to say that Hawk isn't the better fit, but with Favre's return, I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of their way to protect him, and help the running game.

ETA - I forgot to add the more later on Leinart Tennessee etc.  There is a rumor running around that a deal is almost done between Oakland, Tennessee and the Jets.  It assures the Raiders of Leinart at .03, and it assures Tennessee Young or Cutler.  I'll look for more, but I heard this is an almost a done deal spearheaded by Condon, who is delivering for Matt as promised.
Hoo-wee this would be a doozy if it goes down. It certainly makes a lot of sense for Tennessee if you believe that they are really torn between all 3 QBs. This Oakland-Leinart combo seems to be picking up steam.Comments about Rang's mock:

Greenway at 11 - I think I've let my personal opinion of Greenway (good, but not special, like Ryans) cloud my judgment of where to mock him.

Eagles should be happy if they get Justice.

Man, tons of variance starting from two on in these mocks. So much up in the air with the draft less than 90 hours away.
Clifton had a down year last season and probably isn't as good as Brick. However {Clifton + Hawk} >>>> {Ferguson + Robert Thomas}. The thing is that LT is probably one of the most valued positions in football whereas linebacker is not. True Hawk is a 3 down linebacker, but I think purely on positional value, Green Bay taking Ferguson is a good pick. It would be nice to see Green Bay get Ferguson in the first and Ryan, Carpenter, Hodge, or Jackson in the second. Of course if Mangold was sitting there in the second, I'd snag him before any of the backers.

Would Brick play OG for a year or two? This would protect Favre, which would be key to their success this year.

Not to say that Hawk isn't the better fit, but with Favre's return, I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of their way to protect him, and help the running game.
I'd think not. I'd think they'd move Clifton either to LG or RT, moving Tauscher inside. But what do I know, they have a new coach and OL coach so anything could happen. Clifton might not like being bumped for a rook though. Brick seems to have a good head on his shoulders and might be a Wahle-like guard (able to pull like a fullback). But I think it's a waist of his superior talents.

I'd think not. I'd think they'd move Clifton either to LG or RT, moving Tauscher inside. But what do I know, they have a new coach and OL coach so anything could happen. Clifton might not like being bumped for a rook though. Brick seems to have a good head on his shoulders and might be a Wahle-like guard (able to pull like a fullback). But I think it's a waist of his superior talents.
Long term, I totaly agree that Brick will not be a OG. I thought Tauscher was pretty solid, but in any event, they'd find a way to get all 3 on the field.

I have a tough time seeing GB pass on Hawk and SF passing on VD. I see these two players/teams as the locks of round one.

Both players are ideal fits; BPA and fill a huge need for each team.

I have a tough time seeing GB pass on Hawk and SF passing on VD. I see these two players/teams as the locks of round one.

I can see them reversed, actually. GB grabs Davis, SF gets Hawk.

I can see them reversed, actually. GB grabs Davis, SF gets Hawk.
Sure, could definately happen. I just hope it doesn't. :D FWIW, Nolan supposedly sees Hawk as an inside guy (where Smith, Ulbrich, and Moore can play), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade down if VD goes before 6.

If I had the choice, I'd pass on VD too. Too many complications.

Would White in Carolina become the automatic #2 pick in dynasty drafts despite White's recent 'issues'?

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai

29. Jets - DWilliams

30 Colts - Maroney

4 straight RBs?

And Addai over Williams and Maroney?

Interesting.

I highly doubt the Cowboys take Jason Allen. They already learned thier lesson taking a Captain from the Tennesee defense that has an injury history (Burnett 2005).

I have heard about another three team deal, on Sirius afternoon blitz. The trade had nothing to do with Tennessee though. It was between the Saints, Jets and Raiders.

Oakland gets #2 pick. Take Lienart.

Jets get #7 pick and Jerry Porter. Take BPA, weren't sold on QB's or dont need.

Saints get #4 pick plus Jets 29th pick. Still take Mario or D'Brick

Someone else who heard this can correct me if I am wrong.

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai

29. Jets - DWilliams

30 Colts - Maroney

4 straight RBs?

And Addai over Williams and Maroney?

Interesting.
I dont know about that. Seems like D. Williams would be the first of the group to go, unless the Panthers are just that in love with lendal. I still think the jags are set at RB anyway....could be wrong.

I have heard about another three team deal, on Sirius afternoon blitz. The trade had nothing to do with Tennessee though. It was between the Saints, Jets and Raiders.

This makes better sense to me.

. Texans - Bush

2. Saints - MWilliams

3. Titans - Leinart

4. Jets -Cutler--Jets can trade down and get this guy, to high IMO, could take Ferguson or Hawk better value.

5. Packers -Ferguson

6. Niners - Hawk

7 Raiders - Davis--don't be shocked if Greenway goes here or they trade down

8. Bills - Bunkley

9. Lions - Huff

10. Cards - Young- I think Denny is thinking def here, he needs to win now

11. Rans - Greenway

12 Browns - Ngata

13. Ravens - Wimbley

14. Eagles - Justice

15. Broncos - Jackson --Denver trades with Vikes if Cutler available, Jackson can be had later.

16. Dolphins - JWilliams

17. Vikings - Sims-- I smell a trade here, moving on up for the Vikes

18. Cowboys - Allen

19. Chargers - Holmes

20. Chiefs - Joseph

21 Patriots - Whitner

22. Niners - Lawson

23. Bucs - Hill

24. Bengals - Cromartie

25. Giants - Carpenter

26. Bears - Youboty

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai

29. Jets - DWilliams --A steal at 29

30 Colts - Maroney-- Great pick if he's here

31. Seahawkls - Jennings

32. Steeler - Mangold --Should be gone before 32

Really? This makes sense to you? Jets move down 3 spots and give up their #29 pick for Jerry Porter? The Jets would not trade #29 straight up for Porter nevermind moving down 3 spots in addition to it.

Really? This makes sense to you? Jets move down 3 spots and give up their #29 pick for Jerry Porter? The Jets would not trade #29 straight up for Porter nevermind moving down 3 spots in addition to it.
I didn't say it made sense. I said it made better sense. :lol:

:goodposting: I Agree

I would thoroughly be pissed if this happened! :rant:

1. Texans - Bush

2. Saints - MWilliams

3. Titans - Leinart

4. Jets -Cutler - then why did they trade for Ramsey and keep Pennington?

5. Packers -Ferguson - Chad Clifton died? Ferguson isn't going to be drafted to play RT

6. Niners - Hawk

7 Raiders - Davis

8. Bills - Bunkley

9. Lions - Huff - Lions will move. Guarantee it.

10. Cards - Young

11. Rans - Greenway - why draft the best WLB and make him a MLB? Tino and Witherspoon are great OLBs. They need Ngata more.

12 Browns - Ngata

13. Ravens - Wimbley - They will move up to leapfrog Browns for Ngata. He's so far beyond perfect for them.

14. Eagles - Justice

15. Broncos - Jackson

16. Dolphins - JWilliams

17. Vikings - Sims

18. Cowboys - Allen - Try again. a Linebacker goes here.

19. Chargers - Holmes - i expect the Chargers to be on the move as well.

20. Chiefs - Joseph

21 Patriots - Whitner - Should just leave a blank here. Nobody will be right.

22. Niners - Lawson

23.  Bucs - Hill - Contrary to popular belief, the Bucs are fine at CB. They need a SS.

24. Bengals - Cromartie

25. Giants - Carpenter

26. Bears - Youboty - Not after signing Manning.

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai - before Williams? Laugh.

29. Jets - DWilliams

30 Colts - Maroney - Four months later, it's still not happening.

31. Seahawkls - Jennings

32. Steeler - Mangold

Doesn't seem like the details of the trade were fleshed out, but it could be something likes this (though NO gets a bit short of value, Porter is valued as a mid-to-late 2nd, and Oakland gets a bargain):Oakland

get: #2 overall = Leinert

give: Joey Porter, #38, #65

Saints

get: #4 (Brick), #29

give: #2

Jets

get: #7, Jerry Porter, #38, #65

give: #4, #29

1. Texans - Bush

2. Saints - MWilliams

3. Titans - Leinart

4. Jets -Cutler - then why did they trade for Ramsey and keep Pennington? - Who says they are keeping Pennington?

5. Packers -Ferguson - Chad Clifton died? Ferguson isn't going to be drafted to play RT- Especially since Mark Tauscher is at RT

6. Niners - Hawk

7 Raiders - Davis

8. Bills - Bunkley

9. Lions - Huff - Lions will move. Guarantee it.

10. Cards - Young

11. Rans - Greenway - why draft the best WLB and make him a MLB? Tino and Witherspoon are great OLBs. They need Ngata more. - Ngata would be an ugly fit, but I agree with the first part of your statement

12 Browns - Ngata

13. Ravens - Wimbley - They will move up to leapfrog Browns for Ngata. He's so far beyond perfect for them. - I believe this also

14. Eagles - Justice

15. Broncos - Jackson

16. Dolphins - JWilliams

17. Vikings - Sims

18. Cowboys - Allen - Try again. a Linebacker goes here. - Parcells doesnt exactly draft for need, especially a very questionable need

19. Chargers - Holmes - i expect the Chargers to be on the move as well.

20. Chiefs - Joseph

21 Patriots - Whitner - Should just leave a blank here. Nobody will be right.

22. Niners - Lawson

23.  Bucs - Hill - Contrary to popular belief, the Bucs are fine at CB. They need a SS.- Bucs are fine at CB? Draft isnt to fill one year holes. Barber is getting up there and they have nothing resembling a nickel CB now. Would be the perfect time for a CB.

24. Bengals - Cromartie

25. Giants - Carpenter

26. Bears - Youboty - Not after signing Manning.- Are we sure the recently probated Manning will be on the field and not in a cell?

27. Panthers - White

28. Jaguars - Addai - before Williams? Laugh.

29. Jets - DWilliams

30 Colts - Maroney - Four months later, it's still not happening.

31. Seahawkls - Jennings

32. Steeler - Mangold

Users who are viewing this thread