What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Meacham (1 Viewer)

Deuce'sWild

Footballguy
Saints: Patten injured in loss

09/22/08 01:32 PM

THE NEWS

David Patten strained his groin in Sunday's shootout against the Broncos, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Our View

If Patten is forced to miss Week 4, second-year pro Robert Meachem could start in his place in a favorable match-up against the 49ers.

Meacham had a good game vs the Broncos, leading the Saints with 84 yds receiving. He only had 2 catches, but made the most of his opportunities by taking one of them 74 yds. The game before he caught a 19 yd Td pass on his only reception.

Now, with Patten hurt, they may be forced to go to him, and next weeks matchup with the 49ers could mean big numbers for Meachem.

I be think'in Robert Meachem will be a cheap WW addition this week.Colston and now Shockey are out and Patten hurting.Besides throwing to Bush, Meachem should get some good looks in the weeks to come.My .02
Agreed, posted this in the WW thread earlier.Given the chance he could do well and not look back.But this could also be an opportunity for Lance Moore or Billy Miller as Avery and protoslacker pointed out.

yeah, I don't see what's so favorable about it --- I didn't see warner or hasselbeck exactly lighting them up.

if you want to point out how brees >>> warner + hasselbeck, then I guess pretty much every game this year is favorable for him.

not sayin' I won't grab meachem, though.......

Bush owners have been praying to the gods. With each injury his value grows and grows. Anyways, Meachem's chance is here, we'll see if he capitalizes on it.

Bush owners have been praying to the gods. With each injury his value grows and grows. Anyways, Meachem's chance is here, we'll see if he capitalizes on it.
That's really it. I picked him up when Colston went down and was thinking of throwing him back for roster space. With Patten and Shockey hurting I will wait to see if he capitalizes. He couldn't ask for a better opportunity. Let's see what he does with it.

I have him in 2 dynasty leagues. The biggest question for me is do we sell if he performs now and does well the next few weeks? I still have concern over a guy who was inactive his whole rookie season and was still inactive week #1 this year. Do sharks sell if he does well or do they bank on him finally arriving?

I have him in 2 dynasty leagues. The biggest question for me is do we sell if he performs now and does well the next few weeks? I still have concern over a guy who was inactive his whole rookie season and was still inactive week #1 this year. Do sharks sell if he does well or do they bank on him finally arriving?
I think it depends on need. I am in a start 3 wrs keeper league with 12 teams. WR depth is thin. If he does well, he likely stays because I need another WR in a bad way. But if I was stacked at the position, yes. I would sell for the very reasons you outlined.

W/ Shockey out for over a month (see Curtis, Kevin - WR PHI) my sleeper draft pick RM might actually turn into something, after looking very ?'able early on.

PPR - Lance Moore is the play - dude catches EVERYTHING thrown @ him

TD heavy leagues - RM should be a decent WR3 for the next month or so.

What he does w/ the limited opps (passes from Brees wise) will determine if he's a longer term option FF wise.

not many targets per week, so this guy is the total boom or bust guy..

I have never seen this guy play, although he's on my squad.. Considering getting him into the starting the lineup this week, especially with CJ's lack of production and no Palmer this week..

Does it look like this guy can produce?

He had 3 decent games, then a stinker. Last week, he dropped a big 3rd conversion that lead to the Saints' missed FG, & also had a critical false start penalty on 3rd down that led to a punt. He was already likely behind Moore & Henderson this week anyway, now Colston is back.

Now is probably not the time to run with Meachem, you missed that boat by 2-3 weeks. I may drop him for somebody else, as I also have Colston.

Righetti said:
not many targets per week, so this guy is the total boom or bust guy..I have never seen this guy play, although he's on my squad.. Considering getting him into the starting the lineup this week, especially with CJ's lack of production and no Palmer this week..Does it look like this guy can produce?
I have seen him play two games this year and he looks for real--he is going to be very good. But, aside from Colston, Brees spreads the ball around a ton in that offense and Meachem seems to be like the third or fourth guy. He has done well with the very few looks he has gotten, but if Colston plays this week I question how many opportunities he will have. I may have to start him this week because of bye week issues, but I wouldn't start him if I had a guy who was a clear WR2 on his team.IMO, he has proven he is no bust; but he still has work to do before he becomes a consistent fantasy performer.

DeSean Jackson, basically. He'll give you one or two exciting plays a game, but just can't be counted on yet. A pity - I drafted him all over the place, thinking it would be his year.

DeSean Jackson, basically. He'll give you one or two exciting plays a game, but just can't be counted on yet. A pity - I drafted him all over the place, thinking it would be his year.
I wish he was like DJI have worries that he'll every be a major part of the game plan. If so - prob not anytine soon

Looks like Meacham is having a solid training camp and currently is running with the 1st team offense along with Colston.

Anyone think THIS might be his year? Kids got so much talent and showed flashes of brillance last year.

Looks like Meacham is having a solid training camp and currently is running with the 1st team offense along with Colston.Anyone think THIS might be his year? Kids got so much talent and showed flashes of brillance last year.
He's only in his third year, so yea I'm buying more into him this year more than his first 2. Honestly he looks uncoverable in that offense because the defense can't key on him and he's always got a subpar defender on him. In the last preseason game, the play where Pierre Thomas was uncovered for a 9 yard TD catch, Meachem was also wide open as he blew by his guy in a one on crossing route. The tough things to account for are how often he will be on the field and how much the wealth will be spread around that offense anyway.

I drafted him in Anarchy 4 very late 15/16th round ish

Perfect for leagues like that - i don't care when he scores, just that he does sometime during the whole year.

I would hate to have to rely on him in a hth league

Users who are viewing this thread