What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ron Dayne (1 Viewer)

MCguidance

Footballguy
Please post anything Ron Dayne related here. I would rather get opinions here rather than in the Grant thread (I am as much to blame). Anything to do with Green's injury status might be posted here as well -- though there are several others. Also, if you are starting Dayne, it might be helpful to let others know why, under what circumstances, etc. Doubt many are starting him, so this might be a short thread. Thanks, all.

I'll tell you the way it is. Dayne is the starter unlees he fumbles at least twice. He has not lost a fumble in 2 years and that is why Kubiak sticks with him. Kubiak would not let C. Taylor see the field becasue of fumbles. He let Eche have 1 carry and a fumble and then he never saw the field again. Green is done for the year as a viable RB. His knee issue is not going away.

btw, Dayne blows. Kinda helps AJ out because they have to throw more with the fat man in there.

Ron Dayne - 2006.

Week 13: 18 rushes, 95 rush yards.

Week 14: 21 rushes, 87 rush yards, 2 TD

Week 15: 18 rushes, 94 rush yards, 1 TD

Week 16: 32 rushes, 153 rush yards, 2 TD

Who says lightning (in this case, thunder) can't strike twice? I'm not exactly DEPENDING on him in 2 of my 3 leagues but I think he will be of use

to me before the season is over.

Starting him with LJ down, SA cut, and Davenport/Sproles (KR points) my only other options in a 16 teamer. Hoping for 20-60-1 each week and an IR decision for Ahman. Was outbid for Grant, can't afford Morris, will likely be outbid for Kolby, and the rest of the WW is picked clean. Now that AJ/Schaub are back, I'm trying to stay positive about it all and I'm hoping Kubiak believes Dayne can approach his late-season numbers from last year.

Ron Dayne - 2006.Week 13: 18 rushes, 95 rush yards.Week 14: 21 rushes, 87 rush yards, 2 TDWeek 15: 18 rushes, 94 rush yards, 1 TDWeek 16: 32 rushes, 153 rush yards, 2 TDWho says lightning (in this case, thunder) can't strike twice? I'm not exactly DEPENDING on him in 2 of my 3 leagues but I think he will be of useto me before the season is over.
I would love to see a repeat of this. I think that he's capable, at least I hope so. My RBs are in shambles and I'm relying on Dayne :gulp:

I am going with Dayne over Grant, Travis Henry, and Selvin this week. Grant has an early game, is a bit banged up, and Detroit is not as bad as people think; Henry/Selvin, well, it's over documented here. Dayne going against Cleveland is looking like the best option.

At my flex position I am considering starting Dayne. I have either him Morris (assuming he starts), Lee Evans or Santonio Holmes (whose injury has me worried). None of these are great options this week and if I determine that SA is not playing Momo gets the start for me, Evans is my second choice if SA is starting, but I have to consider Dayne at this point over Evans even simply because of the consistency factor (should be good for 7-8 points as opposed to could be good for 20 or could be good for 3 with Evans). The Browns 28th ranked run defense feels like an appealing matchup even for a guy like Dayne.

I'm starting Dayne in a tough 14 team dynasty league.

My other worthwhile RB's are Marshawn and Travis Henry...so I don't have much of a choice.

Ryan Grant - RB - Packers Ryan Grant (probable, ankle) was in attendance for a light practice Wednesday. Coach Mike McCarthy said Grant "looked fine." The Packers practiced for about an hour before packing up and heading for Detroit. Grant is expected to start the game, although he is a slightly risky fantasy play with the gimpy wheel. He's still very usable as a RB2/flex.Nov. 21 - 1:10 p.m. ET Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
:wink: sorry couldnt resist. it was you and i MC that got the other thread off track.Dayne logged 21 carries in each of the last 2 weeks. i agree on your Grant sentiment. i want so much to get Grant in there but i think it will be Dayne. one reason i like Grant tomorrow is he has been getting good reception totals and Det seems to give up a lot of that (Jacobs had 4 catches last week and dint finish the game..Graham had like 100 catches against them in a game earlier this year). But i like Dayne because Houston is a pretty good team when Schaub and AJ are healthy. Cle is a great matchup for Dayne. I think Dayne is safer but Grant has the bigger upside. I am favored this week (for once) and thus will prolly go with Dayne. 20 carries for 80 yards, 2 catches for 15 yards seems like the baseline for Dayne on Sunday.

Ryan Grant - RB - Packers Ryan Grant (probable, ankle) was in attendance for a light practice Wednesday. Coach Mike McCarthy said Grant "looked fine." The Packers practiced for about an hour before packing up and heading for Detroit. Grant is expected to start the game, although he is a slightly risky fantasy play with the gimpy wheel. He's still very usable as a RB2/flex.Nov. 21 - 1:10 p.m. ET Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
:wink: sorry couldnt resist. it was you and i MC that got the other thread off track.Dayne logged 21 carries in each of the last 2 weeks. i agree on your Grant sentiment. i want so much to get Grant in there but i think it will be Dayne. one reason i like Grant tomorrow is he has been getting good reception totals and Det seems to give up a lot of that (Jacobs had 4 catches last week and dint finish the game..Graham had like 100 catches against them in a game earlier this year). But i like Dayne because Houston is a pretty good team when Schaub and AJ are healthy. Cle is a great matchup for Dayne. I think Dayne is safer but Grant has the bigger upside. I am favored this week (for once) and thus will prolly go with Dayne. 20 carries for 80 yards, 2 catches for 15 yards seems like the baseline for Dayne on Sunday.
Ha, I knew you would make an appearance in this thread. I apologized for my sidetracking, lol. Anyway, I think you provide some good reasoning there. A question for you -- if you were an underdog this week (I am taking on the number one team this week, thus I am seeking a huge upset), would you start Grant? I love the upside of Grant, much like you, but I am a bit skeptical -- hence my Dayne play (as of now).

I am going with Dayne over Grant, Travis Henry, and Selvin this week. Grant has an early game, is a bit banged up, and Detroit is not as bad as people think; Henry/Selvin, well, it's over documented here. Dayne going against Cleveland is looking like the best option.
:thumbup:

I picked him up for the playoffs. I start Parker and Portis...but under the right circumstances, would swap Great Dayne for Portis.

:shrug:
Ahh, if you look at some of my later posts, I back away from that and start Grant. I figured I was overthinking Grant's injury and went with him on Thanksgiving...and last night. But, if I did start Dayne those weeks I would have indeed needed a bag or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now that Green is out - what are you expecting?

Im thinking 85 yards .5 TD
Does this mean he will kick a field goal?
Nah, I am thinking he gets a safety filling in at nose guard and then kicks an extra point in the 4Q when they are up big.In other words, If they played twice this weekend, I would think we would score in one of the games.

The Ref said:
So now that Green is out - what are you expecting?Im thinking 85 yards .5 TD
I think those are reasonable numbers given the situation. I might increase the likelihood of him scoring a touchdown by a smidgen, though. Either way, he is definitely a serviceable RB2 for this weekend.

Homers, numbers looking good, how does he look? 80, TD so far, not bad :yes:

Should have started him over Sjax, lol.

Thought I would bump this now that it is being reported Ahman Green has been placed on the IR.

So we can expect Dayne to get the lion's share of the carries -- as it has been -- for the last month. Will we see more of Echemandu as well?

He will get the majority of the carries and he will do well--my only concern is the OL as they just lost another starting guard. I think they are playing backups at both guard and center positions.

He will get the majority of the carries and he will do well--my only concern is the OL as they just lost another starting guard. I think they are playing backups at both guard and center positions.
Actually, just one starting guard and center are injured. the other OLmen was the top interior reserve who the Texans were attempting to develop.

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (knee) has been placed on Injured Reserve, ending his 2007 season.

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Ahman Green (knee) has been placed on Injured Reserve, ending his 2007 season.
Thanks, Jeff. I posted it in a couple other places, but forgot to post here. What a name that chick has, huh? Anywho, Dayne's playoff schedule is not great, but may help out those who are in dire straits.

Darius Walker-RB-Texans Dec. 7 - 7:03 pm et

Darius Walker will be active for the Texans in Week 14.

He could be used as a situational third-down back, although starter Ron Dayne has done a solid job in the receiving game of late. There's a good chance Walker's elevation means Joe Echemandu will be inactive Sunday.

Source: houstontexans.com

So I guess it is safe to assume Dayne's not going to be usurped over the last month of the season?

I wonder if this is going to be Deja Vu all over again. Dane had quite the playoff run for a lot of FF teams last year.

Kubiak: Ron Dayne's ankle 'not good'

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said that Ron Dayne's ankle injury "is not good" in his post-game press conference Sunday.

Kubiak revealed that Dayne took a painkilling shot at halftime and is now dealing with soreness in the ankle. "He’s battling," the coach said. Dayne's status for Week 15 is in jeopardy because Houston plays on a short week. Rookie Darius Walker could start against the Broncos on Thursday night. Dec. 9 - 11:18 pm et

Source: houstontexans.com

Users who are viewing this thread