What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rookie draft underway! (1 Viewer)

What’s the scoring system / roster format? 
30 man rosters, no IR or taxi squad, QB 6pts TD passing, other than that it's pretty standard 1 pt PPR scoring.

Total Starters:10

Number of Starting QBs:1

Number of Starting RBs:2-3

Number of Starting WRs:3-4

Number of Starting TEs:1-2

Number of Starting PKs:1

Number of Starting Defs:1

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafting before the NFL draft? 

madness. I love it. 
yeah I think it's pretty cool. Not my only league, I've got a bunch, but nice to have one that's a little different.

I always get a few 'I don't understand why' comments but like I said it's just to have something a little different.

To add to that, it really makes watching the live NFL draft interesting, obviously, and with a little luck, or if you really know your ####, you can score a real gem in the later rounds (it's a 7 round draft, rookies only).

In a dynasty league, Rank the talent then draft that way. I can still remember A Peterson falling in drafts

because of Chester Taylor. See also Ladanian Tomlinson. LTII's was offensive line worries .

In a dynasty league, Rank the talent then draft that way. I can still remember A Peterson falling in drafts

because of Chester Taylor. See also Ladanian Tomlinson. LTII's was offensive line worries .
No one was letting AP fall in mine went #1 

To add to that, it really makes watching the live NFL draft interesting, obviously, and with a little luck, or if you really know your ####, you can score a real gem in the later rounds (it's a 7 round draft, rookies only).
the draft has to be so exciting - and maybe completely depressing. lol

My first year in this league was 2010. I got Rob Gronkowski at 4.2 and he was a 'write-in', meaning he wasn't in the MFL database as a rookie at the time of our draft. There were concerns about his back. I believe he'd had surgery while still at U of Arizona. It's funny because many had him projected to go in the 1st - 3rd round of the NFL draft.

That must have been a #### draft class because we were getting 'write-ins' by the end of the 1st round. 4 of the best guys in that draft were write-ins as a matter of fact, Gronk, Jimmy Graham, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown.

Thanks for this.  I feel like Pickens at 1.12 is a steal especially if he ends up in GB which is a strong possibility.  

Thanks for this.  I feel like Pickens at 1.12 is a steal especially if he ends up in GB which is a strong possibility.  
Ha ha....I love Ehrmantraut. We just finished Season 5 of Better Call Saul, now we're watching Breaking Bad over again because my wife wasn't interested in it the first time.

It’s just amazing that some of the top picks will end up in crap situations, and some players taken 12-20 could end up hugely valuable, all depending on the draft. 

That would make me insane during the week between the draft & the NFL draft. :lol:  

It’s just amazing that some of the top picks will end up in crap situations, and some players taken 12-20 could end up hugely valuable, all depending on the draft. 

That would make me insane during the week between the draft & the NFL draft. :lol:  
Yeah it definitely makes watching the draft interesting but it is disappointing when your guy goes to a crap situation for sure.

And hey....I lived in Hayward during my Jr High and HS school years. I went to La Vista JH and Tennyson HS. Lived in Fairway Park. This was mid-60's to early 70's.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Every year some top 10 pick ends up getting hakeem butlered. I’m trying to think of who some other guys who have gone early in this draft but then fall in the nfl draft but butler is the only name that stick out right now. 

Ugh looking back at some drafts. 2017 was a fantastic year for fantasy, and I end up with John Ross. Kamara goes next pick:( Mahomes 4.03. Ironically Kenneth walker went in the 7th

I have been in this league since 2013. I am in 5 others that have our draft before the NFL draft. I will link those drafts here. Leagues 1,2 and 4 are devy leagues starting 1 QB where you can draft one college player during the rookie draft. Leagues 5 and 6 are superflex and each team can draft 2 college players during the rookie draft.

https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=27489&O=17

https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=37648&O=17

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=15290&O=17

https://www75.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=42560&O=17

https://www80.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=31605&O=17

Dragon1952 said:
And hey....I lived in Hayward during my Jr High and HS school years. I went to La Vista JH and Tennyson HS. Lived in Fairway Park. This was mid-60's to early 70's.
small world. I grew up on the peninsula but have been in the east bay for 20 years.  :hifive:

RBs

1.01 - Breece Hall
1.02 - Kenneth Walker III
1.07 - Isaiah Spiller

Someone took James Cook at 1.09. 

Huh. 

Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, and Zamir White went 2.04-2.06; Dameon Pierce went 2.10; and Pierre Strong went 2.12. 

There person that took Cook at 1.09 sure looks a lot smarter than the one that took Spiller at 1.07.  

Users who are viewing this thread