What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rothlisberger's Comments on Letterman (1 Viewer)

rockbottom895

Footballguy
Rothlisberger said on Letterman that he was not in the endzone, and sort of chuckled about it. This is yet another reason to hate this quarterback.

Rothlisberger said on Letterman that he was not in the endzone, and sort of chuckled about it. This is yet another reason to hate this quarterback.
Don't spread your propaganda around here.He was asked whether he thought he was in, and he said "honestly, I don't think so."

There's a big difference between saying knowing and being unsure.

Don't hate on the guy for being honest. Hate on the refs for missing the call. Don't be an ####### because your team lost.

Big Ben was telling the truth,,he did not call it a TD! You have to respect his honesty. :thumbup:

He also said it wouldn't have mattered because they would've went for it on 4th down anyway and he would've ran it again.

What is it with Seattle and QB sneaks? Vinny knocked Seattle out of the playoffs with his "TD" sneak a few years back.

Big Ben was telling the truth,,he did not call it a TD! You have to respect his honesty. :thumbup:
Exactly. I didn't think he made it either, but apparently the referees felt he did or there wasn't conclusive evidence to overturn the ruling on the field (which I think is more of what was decided).

Hate? Why? He was just being honest.

I sometimes find myself wishing for him to shred up his knee.

Edit: I took the bag out because I really have nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't seen much of Roethlisberger the person before last night's interview. I was *very* positively impressed. Smooth, good rapore with Letterman (who isn't the easiest interviewer in the world), good with the fan who came out of the crowd.

And he was straightforward with his answer--he didn't think he was in. But you know what, THAT'S NOT HIS CALL. It's the refs'. And they reviewed, and it was a touchdown. There is absolutely no reason to hold THAT against Roethlisberger.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I don't like the fact that the Steelers can now claim to have just as many titles as we do. So I really have no dog in this fight. But Seahawks fans, seriously. . . WHINY TOOLS is already taken. Don't try to claim it as your own.

He is highly overrated as a Fantasy Quarterback, but like everyone else has pointed out, he was being honest.

At least he is honest :shrug: . It's not his fault the refs sucked.
:goodposting: I'll be interested to see how Steelers fans feel about their QB saying the same thing so many fans (including a large number of non-Seattle fans) have been saying about that play for the past two days.

At least he is honest :shrug: . It's not his fault the refs sucked.
:goodposting: I'll be interested to see how Steelers fans feel about their QB saying the same thing so many fans (including a large number of non-Seattle fans) have been saying about that play for the past two days.
Couldn't care less what Ben thought at the time. He thought he didn't get in..... DJax thought he didn't touched the defender in the end zone.....Photographic evidence proves that they were both wrong. :boxing:

Don't get me wrong, BIg Ben is a Big Bull####ter when it comes to interviews...Always bull####s himself through ever interview. I really wouldn't take his words to deeply.

See? What have I been telling you? This is an unfair league. And no-one cares. Stop whining about it and deal with it. I know it. Ben knows it.

Bens TD

I guess that Ben didn't see this angle of his TD, that was upheld upon review, and still is on the books as 6 points.

Ben told Letterman that he told the Coach he didn't think he got in, this was to get Whis working on a 4th down play in case the TD was overturned.

After getting a chance to review the game tape after the Letterman Show, Ben said yesterday that he now believes the ball broke the plane of the Goaline.....as the photo above indicates.

When I watched this during the game, at first, I thought he didn't get in, but upon the very first replay, I knew the ball broke the plane of the GL....to me it was quite obvious.

Bens TD

I guess that Ben didn't see this angle of his TD, that was upheld upon review, and still is on the books as 6 points.

Ben told Letterman that he told the Coach he didn't think he got in, this was to get Whis working on a 4th down play in case the TD was overturned.

After getting a chance to review the game tape after the Letterman Show, Ben said yesterday that he now believes the ball broke the plane of the Goaline.....as the photo above indicates.

When I watched this during the game, I thought he didn't get in during l but on the first replay I knew the ball broke the plane of the GL....to me it was quite obvious.
Yep, he got in. :goodposting:

Bens TD

When I watched this during the game, I thought he didn't get in during l but on the first replay I knew the ball broke the plane of the GL....to me it was quite obvious.
That photo is too blurry to prove a thing. They are circling "something" in red, part of which may be the ball, another part may be something else, and the photo may be photoshopped anyway to add a few pixels over the line for those who think they see something. Its best to say "who cares".

Bens TD

That photo is too blurry to prove a thing. They are circling "something" in red, part of which may be the ball, another part may be something else, and the photo may be photoshopped anyway to add a few pixels over the line for those who think they see something. Its best to say "who cares".
Well, obviously you do, or you would of ignored my post, instead you try to discredit it.I didn't need a photo during the game to tell me it was a TD.......the replay was enough for me......the photo backs up my, and more importantly the officials, view of the action on the field.

Big Bens arm swung like a pendulam, and at it's highest or more aptly put, longest arc, well before he hit the ground, the ball broke the plane of the Goal line.

Bens TD

When I watched this during the game, at first, I thought he didn't get in, but upon the very first replay, I knew the ball broke the plane of the GL....to me it was quite obvious.
If this is the clearest pic of Ben scoring I have no idea how anyone can say "it was quite obvious." Anyway, would rather hear Ben be honest than grin & try to sell us on a bunch of BS like Brady does everytime he talks about the Tuck.

Bens TD

It's not photoshopped. One of the local news stations showed the video replay of the TD and stopped it at this exact point. It's the ball and it crossed the plane. NEXT QUESTION! [/drewrosenhaus]

Bens TD

If that object circled in red is the ball, I'm calling fumble.

I love to bash Roethlisberger, but I have no problem with his comments. What is he suppose to say here other than what he honestly thinks?

Bens TD

What's funny is that they must've been photoshopping the replays during the Super Bowl as well, because that's the exact same part of the ball that I saw cross on the 50" High-Def television that I was watching.When I saw the review, it looked like the top-front edge of the ball broke the front plane of the goal-line and that picture confirms what I was seeing at the time.

Not Photoshopped.

Bens TD

What's funny is that they must've been photoshopping the replays during the Super Bowl as well, because that's the exact same part of the ball that I saw cross on the 50" High-Def television that I was watching.When I saw the review, it looked like the top-front edge of the ball broke the front plane of the goal-line and that picture confirms what I was seeing at the time.

Not Photoshopped.
That ref must have Superman vision to have recognized that at game speed.

Bens TD

Good call, I think the thing that is circled is Roethlisberger's right arm, and the ball is to the upper right, just underneath Big Ben's chin. I still think its too inconclusive to overturn though. And the Steelers would have punched it in on the next play anyway. I have faith in them.

Bens TD

What's funny is that they must've been photoshopping the replays during the Super Bowl as well, because that's the exact same part of the ball that I saw cross on the 50" High-Def television that I was watching.
This would only be part of the debate (ball breaking the plan) if the referee signaled touchdown at this point.

Just curious. If you start looking at the goal line at the top of the picture and follow the goal line down, the line clearly slants to the right (closer to Roethlisberger).
that's true, but not to any great degree. more important is what I mentioned above:
Good call, I think the thing that is circled is Roethlisberger's right arm, and the ball is to the upper right, just underneath Big Ben's chin. I still think its too inconclusive to overturn though.

And the Steelers would have punched it in on the next play anyway. I have faith in them.

Bens TD

Not Photoshopped.
What's interesting is the ref didn't see the ball cross the plane initially. He was all set to call fourth down as he was running in to mark the spot. Then he changed his mind after Roethlisberger was on the ground (and the ball clearly not into the end zone). That's really the question I'd like to see answered -- somebody ask the ref what prompted him to change his mind. What exactly did he see with Roethlisberger lying on the ground and the ball tucked near his stomach that led him to suddenly believe the ball had crossed the plane?

Just curious. If you start looking at the goal line at the top of the picture and follow the goal line down, the line clearly slants to the right (closer to Roethlisberger).
that's true, but not to any great degree. more important is what I mentioned above:
Good call, I think the thing that is circled is Roethlisberger's right arm, and the ball is to the upper right, just underneath Big Ben's chin. I still think its too inconclusive to overturn though.

And the Steelers would have punched it in on the next play anyway. I have faith in them.
Actually, if the red circle is actually the ball, it does not cross the goal line at the top of the screen. Only when the goal line at the top of the screen is extended with that angle, the circle then does break the plane.

:confused: why would you draw a straight line down from the top?
You probably would if you were a Seahawk fan.
... So Seahawk fans don't like geometry?
Either that or the guy who took the picture was standing somewhere on the endzone side of the field, which would make the blurred object in the red circle anything but the football.

Bens TD

You see what you WANT to see...Steeler fans see a football, Seattle fans see a UFO.

Bens TD

Not Photoshopped.
What's interesting is the ref didn't see the ball cross the plane initially. He was all set to call fourth down as he was running in to mark the spot. Then he changed his mind after Roethlisberger was on the ground (and the ball clearly not into the end zone). That's really the question I'd like to see answered -- somebody ask the ref what prompted him to change his mind. What exactly did he see with Roethlisberger lying on the ground and the ball tucked near his stomach that led him to suddenly believe the ball had crossed the plane?
I will give you that point. I too had a problem with the process, yet the resulting call was correct. I would like to hear his explanation as well.But, he got the call right.

Bens TD

You see what you WANT to see...Steeler fans see a football, Seattle fans see a UFO.
I'm not a Seahawk fan, but if that is the ball, how is it being controlled by Roethlisberger?

I will give you that point. I too had a problem with the process, yet the resulting call was correct. I would like to hear his explanation as well.

But, he got the call right.
My issue was not the call made by the replay official, which I think was the correct call to let the play stand. My issue was the initial call on the field; when and why it was signaled a touchdown.

Users who are viewing this thread