What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rudi Johnson/Clinton Portis (1 Viewer)

Garts

Footballguy
Rudi beat his own record and now has the Bengals record with 1458.....Portis will finish around 1500 for the season and has already passed Stephen Davis for the Club mark.....FYI

Rudi beat his own record and now has the Bengals record with 1458.....

Portis will finish around 1500 for the season and has already passed Stephen Davis for the Club mark.....

FYI
There is not a more underrated running back than Clinton Portis.

Portis will finish around 1500 for the season and has already passed Stephen Davis for the Club mark.....

FYI
I agree. Workhorse.

FYI
except maybe Rudi Johnson

FYI
:goodposting: With the attention Portis calls onto himself, Rudi gets the nod for underappreciated.

FYI
Agreed. I don't think people realize just how good that guy is. As far as Portis is concerned maybe this season will finally get people to stop saying he was a product of the Denver "system." That guy is an elite talent no matter what team he's on.

FYI
Agreed. I don't think people realize just how good that guy is. As far as Portis is concerned maybe this season will finally get people to stop saying he was a product of the Denver "system." That guy is an elite talent no matter what team he's on.
Droughns too. I'm sure plenty thought he was a product of the Denver system. 1200 yards for the Browns (4+/carry). Not bad.

FYI
Droughns too. I'm sure plenty thought he was a product of the Denver system. 1200 yards for the Browns (4+/carry). Not bad.
For the *Browns* no less.Fantastic season.

FYI
Exactly. The Browns. The team who's last 1000 yard rusher was in 1985. Who had Dilfer as qb for most of the season and a rookie for the final few games. If he gets some td's next year to go with the yards, he could be quite a FF steal.

FYI
Exactly. The Browns. The team who's last 1000 yard rusher was in 1985. Who had Dilfer as qb for most of the season and a rookie for the final few games. If he gets some td's next year to go with the yards, he could be quite a FF steal.
Unless the Browns make another run at Chester Taylor.

FYI
All of the above is :goodposting: Regarding Portis, I had no idea he was as tough and well-rounded as he is when the 'Skins traded for him. I hadn't watched him all that much in Denver and figured that, given his size, he was a guy who relied upon speed and vision more than power. Certainly, I was familiar with his overall fantasy production, but still, I didn't know about his actual NFL skills.

I'm continually amazed at how "heavy" he runs the ball, not to mention his willingness to get into even major collisions with pass rushers when he's put into protection roles. The guy's a stud.

Good stuff here. Portis really made a believer out of me this year, the guy is a true stud. Rudi and Droughns proved themselves also. These guys deserve serious props.

Prediction:In redrafts, you will be able to draft two out of these three:PortisRudiTikiAnd look good going into round three. All three guys will be underrated again next year.

The thing I noticed about Portis in Denver that made me optimistic for Washington was that on every short inside run, he seemed to find holes that other Denver backs wouldn't. If he got a push from his O-line, he always seemed to get at least 1 more yard than he "should have". It's very nice to see 4 Bronco RBs putting up great seasons (Anderson, Bell, Droughns, Portis). It shows that it's not just Shanahan's system, but also his (and Bobby Turner's) eye for talent and coaching ability.

Users who are viewing this thread