What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rumor about NO trading D. Stallworth (1 Viewer)

Trading Stallworth to aquire firepower in the draft fits what NO might be trying to do. We've seen the Chargers try and bolster their WR corps recently by resigning a frequently injured Eric Parker to a long term deal and making the trade for Rashaun Woods.
Care to enlighten me regarding his injury history? Maybe you are thinking of someone else.
He was put on IR in 2003 with a shoulder injury and has been nicked up the last two seasons, even though he's only missed one game. He does always seem to be on the injury report, but he plays through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading Stallworth to aquire firepower in the draft fits what NO might be trying to do. We've seen the Chargers try and bolster their WR corps recently by resigning a frequently injured Eric Parker to a long term deal and making the trade for Rashaun Woods.
Care to enlighten me regarding his injury history? Maybe you are thinking of someone else.
He was put on IR in 2003 with a shoulder injury and has been nicked up the last two seasons, even though he's only missed one game. He does always seem to be on the injury report, but he plays through it.
Even in 2003 he managed to play half the schedule. I don't think the injuries are that big of a concern.

Even in 2003 he managed to play half the schedule. I don't think the injuries are that big of a concern.
I think it's a combination of his size and the fact he had injuries early in his career. I still think of him as an injury risk even though he's proven to be durable lately. He's my favorite WR on the team but I'm always a little concerened he won't make it through the year.

With Parker, I think of his size and his playing style. Small and reckless abandon. He also plays a lot on special teams as a returner and is good in that capacity. As a WR I don't see him as a cornerstone for the unit although he certainly adds to it. I think ideally you'd like to see him as a WR #3 playing about half the sure passing snaps where he can give the team a spark with his playmaking ability and natural athleticism. Think rich man's Dennis Northcutt. On the injury front, think a healthier Tim Dwight.

Users who are viewing this thread