What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Braun wins Appeal! (2 Viewers)

"But the fact that you edited this post and [sic] still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy." :lmao: It? You?
And with this, rocknation is eliminated from the sharpest tool in the shed contest.
Because a guy who posts this should be criticizing other people's posts? I was pretty clear in the above post. He just didn't agree. Note there's no comma. And let's not forget that profits made offshore are taxed at a steeply discounted rate if at all. So thru the magic of accounting oil [sic] drilled here could make us nothing at all. However any cleanup from a spill can get dropped in our Lap. [sic]And people wonder why the young are occupying parks around the country. Because the rules are waaaay out of whack. - hookwhateverToo bad about the tool shed. I'll miss beating up on the wedges. :bye: I had a Bill the Cat shirt in seventh grade. *ETA: /end. I don't deal with troll garbage, quick insults, or grammar freaks.

"But the fact that you edited this post and [sic] still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy." :lmao: It? You?
And with this, rocknation is eliminated from the sharpest tool in the shed contest.
Because a guy who posts this should be criticizing other people's posts? I was pretty clear in the above post. He just didn't agree. Note there's no comma. And let's not forget that profits made offshore are taxed at a steeply discounted rate if at all. So thru the magic of accounting oil [sic] drilled here could make us nothing at all. However any cleanup from a spill can get dropped in our Lap. [sic]And people wonder why the young are occupying parks around the country. Because the rules are waaaay out of whack. - hookwhateverToo bad about the tool shed. I'll miss beating up on the wedges. :bye: I had a Bill the Cat shirt in seventh grade. *ETA: /end. I don't deal with troll garbage, quick insults, or grammar freaks.
It seems like you have done just that, repeatedly.

"But the fact that you edited this post and [sic] still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy." :lmao:

It? You?
Because a guy who posts this should be criticizing other people's posts? I was pretty clear in the above post. He just didn't agree. Note there's no comma.

And let's not forget that profits made offshore are taxed at a steeply discounted rate if at all. So thru the magic of accounting oil [sic] drilled here could make us nothing at all. However any cleanup from a spill can get dropped in our Lap. [sic]

And people wonder why the young are occupying parks around the country. Because the rules are waaaay out of whack. - hookwhatever

Too bad about the tool shed. I'll miss beating up on the wedges. :bye:

I had a Bill the Cat shirt in seventh grade.
Sig worthy.

"But the fact that you edited this post and [sic] still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy." :lmao:

It? You?
Because a guy who posts this should be criticizing other people's posts? I was pretty clear in the above post. He just didn't agree. Note there's no comma.

And let's not forget that profits made offshore are taxed at a steeply discounted rate [sic] if at all. So thru the magic of accounting oil [sic] drilled here could make us nothing at all [awk]. However [sic] any cleanup from a spill can get dropped in our Lap. [sic]

And people wonder why the young [sic or awk.] are occupying parks around the country. Because the rules are waaaay out of whack. - hookwhatever

Too bad about the tool shed. I'll miss beating up on the wedges. :bye:

I had a Bill the Cat shirt in seventh grade.
Sig worthy.
[sic] worthy? /do it, clown

Did Braun promise to spend the rest of his life finding the guy who really was on the juice?

Since everyone knows Braun was dirty and got off on a technicality, he should agree to a monthly PED test during the season. See how well Milwaukee does with a cleanup hitter having 17 HRs and 68 RBIs.
How does everyone know this?
Synthetic testosterone = dirty
As evidence or this, you are relying on a drug test that was thrown out and anonymous sources that may or may not be credible. Besides, if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.

'Annyong said:
'Mr.Pack said:
'Jim11 said:
'NCCommish said:
Now, not to stir up the pot, but all you who railed on Braun need to come clean. Us loyal Brewer fans welcome your apology.

I'm waiting... :)
Why would anyone apologize? Seems pretty clear he got off on how the testing was done not for being clean.
Maybe he WAS clean. Since the test wasn't administrated properly, how do you know he wasn't clean?
Because being Guilty until proven innocent is now the norm.
This isn't the federal courts here. He tested positive for a drug test. He got lucky the chain of command was broken. Not much else to it. He got busted, and extremely lucky.
Or the tainted test was a false positive?Or how about this, Braun offered to do a DNA test to prove that sample wasn't his, but MLB said no. ESPN reported that this morning.

'Balco said:
'KingPrawn said:
'Balco said:
'KingPrawn said:
Lot of people judging Braun here. But where does MLB take the blame? First, they can't guarantee chain of custody of the drug sample. Then they leak that Braun faces a 50 game suspension due to a failed drug test in a process that is supposed to be confidential. Then, again in a confidential process, the timing of the hearing was leaked. Then when the appeal process that they agreed to with the union exonerates him they post a statement that they vehemently disagree with it. Seems like MLB screwed up just about everything they could about this process and people are quick to take MLB's side? I don't get it.
MLB deserves a ton of the blame. If they just followed protocol, a cheater would be serving a 50 game suspension. I think MLB is getting plenty of blame, and rightfully so. Doesn't change the fact that Braun is a cheater.
How do we know he cheated???? He reportedly passed 25 tests before this. So if you assume all those samples were handled correctly before this and he passed them all, then you have one sample that is handled incorrectly and he fails it, doesn't that raise a huge red flag with the reliability of this test?
Do you think the guy who had the sample in the fridge poured testosterone in it?

The protocol was not adhered to, penalty should be set aside. But I have not found any evidence that not testing a urine sample after a day drastically increases the testosterone level. I would love it if Braun just ended all speculation and doubt by taking a lie detector test. One simple question - Did you knowingly ingest PEDS within the last year?

Barry Bonds failed one test. Clean on every other one. Definitely didn't use PEDs.
Actually it came out on ESPN this morning that it was not in a refrigerator for 2 days....... it sat on his desk for 2 days.

'Balco said:
'KingPrawn said:
'Balco said:
'KingPrawn said:
Lot of people judging Braun here. But where does MLB take the blame? First, they can't guarantee chain of custody of the drug sample. Then they leak that Braun faces a 50 game suspension due to a failed drug test in a process that is supposed to be confidential. Then, again in a confidential process, the timing of the hearing was leaked. Then when the appeal process that they agreed to with the union exonerates him they post a statement that they vehemently disagree with it. Seems like MLB screwed up just about everything they could about this process and people are quick to take MLB's side? I don't get it.
MLB deserves a ton of the blame. If they just followed protocol, a cheater would be serving a 50 game suspension. I think MLB is getting plenty of blame, and rightfully so. Doesn't change the fact that Braun is a cheater.
How do we know he cheated???? He reportedly passed 25 tests before this. So if you assume all those samples were handled correctly before this and he passed them all, then you have one sample that is handled incorrectly and he fails it, doesn't that raise a huge red flag with the reliability of this test?
Do you think the guy who had the sample in the fridge poured testosterone in it?

The protocol was not adhered to, penalty should be set aside. But I have not found any evidence that not testing a urine sample after a day drastically increases the testosterone level. I would love it if Braun just ended all speculation and doubt by taking a lie detector test. One simple question - Did you knowingly ingest PEDS within the last year?

Barry Bonds failed one test. Clean on every other one. Definitely didn't use PEDs.
Actually it came out on ESPN this morning that it was not in a refrigerator for 2 days....... it sat on his desk for 2 days.
prolly 2nd hand testosterone got in it

Or how about this, Braun offered to do a DNA test to prove that sample wasn't his, but MLB said no. ESPN reported that this morning.
:goodposting: Yep, was just about to to post this myself. Reported by ESPN Legal Analyst Lester Munson on "Mike & Mike."

'Limp Ditka said:
'MaxThreshold said:
Okay, let's say for the sake of argument the sample was a pure positive sent directly to the lab. Then it turns out that the rumors are true that he was taking medication for an STD (at this point, this is the only rumor).

Does that still make him a cheater in your eyes? Or just a victim of the iron-clad "you're guilty" decision of MLB? Clearly an STD medication isn't taken to improve your baseball performance, so does that really make him a cheater?
It makes him in violation of MLB rules and subject to the 50 games.

It's his job to know what he is putting into his body. And if there are any questions about what he is putting into his body, such as a STD medication, he should be consulting with MLB before doing it.

I agree with this.That's why I am doubting the validity of his test. Two other players were tested at the same time. The guy took the sample home and kept it on his desk for two days, not in the refrigerator. Braun was so positive he was clean he offered to take a DNA test to prove it wasn't his test. He also passed a second test the next day.

'Annyong said:
'Mr.Pack said:
'Jim11 said:
'NCCommish said:
Now, not to stir up the pot, but all you who railed on Braun need to come clean. Us loyal Brewer fans welcome your apology.

Why would anyone apologize? Seems pretty clear he got off on how the testing was done not for being clean.
Maybe he WAS clean. Since the test wasn't administrated properly, how do you know he wasn't clean?
This isn't the federal courts here. He tested positive for a drug test. He got lucky the chain of command was broken. Not much else to it. He got busted, and extremely lucky.
Or the tainted test was a false positive?Or how about this, Braun offered to do a DNA test to prove that sample wasn't his, but MLB said no. ESPN reported that this morning.
Combine that with the fact that it sat on a desk for two days and this is a non-issue at this point. Too many things could have happened for even the biggest hater to disagree with him winning the appeal.

'Annyong said:
'Mr.Pack said:
'Jim11 said:
'NCCommish said:

Combine that with the fact that it sat on a desk for two days and this is a non-issue at this point. Too many things could have happened for even the biggest hater to disagree with him winning the appeal.
Of course he should have won the appealthe disagreement is on if winning it clears him from being a cheater

there won;t be agreement on that

'Teumessian Fox said:
Okay, let's say for the sake of argument the sample was a pure positive sent directly to the lab. Then it turns out that the rumors are true that he was taking medication for an STD (at this point, this is the only rumor).
If this is what happened then I'd feel bad for Braun. No one should have to reveal medical issues to anyone. I know he would have been required to report it to MLB, but their handling of this shows they can't be trusted to keep secrets.
The biggest thing here is, this wasn't even supposed to be leaked to the public AT ALL. Not until there is a suspension.If the proper protocol was followed none of us would have even known about this.

'Limp Ditka said:
'rockaction said:
glllllllll peassssseeee

I understand that weekend shipping can be a problem. But how has this issue not been addressed at some point prior to Braun's sample? Perhaps it has, and there has just not been a positive result on one that got held over the weekend. And if they cannot handle weekend shipping issues, why the heck are they collecting samples on a Saturday?

And my other question is if there is any chance Braun knew he would test positive, so he paid off the guy to keep the sample at his house for 2 days, thereby creating the tehnicality?

Of course he should have won the appeal

the disagreement is on if winning it clears him from being a cheater

There's simply too many variables, in this situation, to say with any certainty (or proof) that he was or is a cheater. He offered to take the DNA test and baseball turned him away...that should be enough for anyone.But it's America...so you are guilty when accused no matter what the end result is...

Last edited by a moderator:
'Limp Ditka said:
'MaxThreshold said:

Does that still make him a cheater in your eyes? Or just a victim of the iron-clad "you're guilty" decision of MLB? Clearly an STD medication isn't taken to improve your baseball performance, so does that really make him a cheater?

It's his job to know what he is putting into his body. And if there are any questions about what he is putting into his body, such as a STD medication, he should be consulting with MLB before doing it.

I agree with this.That's why I am doubting the validity of his test. Two other players were tested at the same time. The guy took the sample home and kept it on his desk for two days, not in the refrigerator. Braun was so positive he was clean he offered to take a DNA test to prove it wasn't his test. He also passed a second test the next day.
So he took another test while his original sample was still sitting on the guy's desk? :confused:

There's simply too many variables, in this situation, to say with any certainty (or proof) that he was or is a cheater. He offered to take the DNA test and baseball turned him away...that should be enough for anyone.But it's America...so you are guilty when accused no matter what the end result is...
Should that be enough?IS baseball per the agreement allowed to do that? They cannot let him submit a DNA sample unless it is an option for everyone. For all we know he was advised to propose that knowing full well they could not allow him to do it. I don;t know, I don't know.

And no, in America everyone is not guilty when accused, that's a ridiculous statement. HOWEVER in baseball with steroids it is true. But the blame for that lies fully on MLB and the MLBPA for intentionally riding the steroid train as long as they could before even token resistance. You reap what you sew, and what MLB is reaping is an atmosphere where players are assumed to be cheating.

I have no opinion on Braun, but people will think what they want. If the players are unhappy about that they and their union can fight to improve testing, test more thoroughly and more accurately. The impression is still that Baseball is doing what it is required for PED testing, and not proactively trying to erase the problem.

'Limp Ditka said:
'MaxThreshold said:

So he took another test while his original sample was still sitting on the guy's desk? :confused:
h was just peeing everywhere!

The game would be so much more fun if we let them all juice up. While we are at it, let's have them use aluminum bats too (we can have a net around the pitcher for safety).

120 HR season would be cool to see.

If I was the one who tested positive then won an appeal but still had most of the public skeptical, I'd offer voluntary testing through the season. Pretty simple. Nothing to hide? Then pee in a cup once a month. But he won't.

Haven't read the whole thread, but this is information that should never have even been known to the public. MLB leaked it to someone at ESPN. So now the guy is proven not guilty but his reputation is still tainted, and possibly his chance at the Hall of Fame. There have already been whispers, and I don't think it's smart to essentially sue your employer but the leak further proves lack of protocol and the ability to follow a process with trusted people.

If I was the one who tested positive then won an appeal but still had most of the public skeptical, I'd offer voluntary testing through the season. Pretty simple. Nothing to hide? Then pee in a cup once a month. But he won't.
I'd ride the MLBPA to stop fighting testing and propose more and strongerI'd campaign to make the testing so it is more rigorous and reliable.

I'd ride the MLBPA to stop fighting testing and propose more and strongerI'd campaign to make the testing so it is more rigorous and reliable.
The MLBPA is not fighting testing. The testing in place is conducted by industry leaders of WADA.

The MLBPA is not fighting testing. The testing in place is conducted by industry leaders of WADA.
hey are not fighting testing because there's no negotiation going onhistorically they have used it as a tool in labor negotiationswas this "i'll take the pee home" person WADA?

That's great. Then you won't mind if we get your employer to drug test you every month? After all, I suspect you do drugs. Pretty simple, but i know you won't do it.

That's great. Then you won't mind if we get your employer to drug test you every month? After all, I suspect you do drugs. Pretty simple, but i know you won't do it.
First of all, no, I wouldn't mind that. I have nothing to hide.But as for Braun, he is now widely believed to be a cheater. Public opinion will never change unless he is proactive and changes it. What does he have to lose by allowing himself to be tested throughout the season? If he actually plays clean, I mean.

hey are not fighting testing because there's no negotiation going onhistorically they have used it as a tool in labor negotiationswas this "i'll take the pee home" person WADA?
They just had a labor negotiation conclude after last season. You may not remember it because neither side threatened to shutdown the league, but there is a brand new collective bargaining agreement in place. During negotiations players were very much pro-testing. And I've no idea what you mean by your first statement.

'Limp Ditka said:
'MaxThreshold said:

No...After the positive result was made public, and after there was controversy regarding the sample, Braun had himself re-tested. This was of course several weeks/months after the original sample, and he knew he was clean at that point. I don't think anyone bought that rubbish other than the ignorant public.

As for the DNA test to prove that the sample actually belonged to Braun, I have no idea why he would agree to that. My guess is that he already knew that MLB would not go for that. I'm sure that it still would not comply with the agreed upon handling of urine samples and would have no bearing on admissibility of any test results.

Should that be enough?IS baseball per the agreement allowed to do that? They cannot let him submit a DNA sample unless it is an option for everyone. For all we know he was advised to propose that knowing full well they could not allow him to do it. I don;t know, I don't know.

And no, in America everyone is not guilty when accused, that's a ridiculous statement. HOWEVER in baseball with steroids it is true. But the blame for that lies fully on MLB and the MLBPA for intentionally riding the steroid train as long as they could before even token resistance. You reap what you sew, and what MLB is reaping is an atmosphere where players are assumed to be cheating.

I have no opinion on Braun, but people will think what they want. If the players are unhappy about that they and their union can fight to improve testing, test more thoroughly and more accurately. The impression is still that Baseball is doing what it is required for PED testing, and not proactively trying to erase the problem.
FWIW, that's the point I was making...as it related to baseball.

They just had a labor negotiation conclude after last season. You may not remember it because neither side threatened to shutdown the league, but there is a brand new collective bargaining agreement in place. During negotiations players were very much pro-testing. And I've no idea what you mean by your first statement.
well then things appear to be working as designed

FWIW, that's the point I was making...as it related to baseball.
You are right, but that's baseball's fault. They had to get dragged into congress and threatened before they took steps to stop steroids, they had there amazing rebirth based on a season of two people widely accepted to have been juicing at the time.they put their collective heads in the sand and this is the reslt

Q: One of the criticisms that has arisen since you announced the details of the agreement is the fact that there's no in-season testing for HGH. Why is there no in-season testing for HGH? And do you foresee that changing at some point?Weiner: Well, there is no in-season testing now because the players just weren't comfortable yet that we were ready for that. They weren't comfortable enough with the collection process, how the collection process fits with day-to-day play. And they felt that we needed to talk with the membership broadly about those issues. And we will do that starting in spring training this year.find a way, get it done. stop doing what you have to do, become a leader in getting PEDs out of the sport. THAT is how perception on this issue will change.

Q: One of the criticisms that has arisen since you announced the details of the agreement is the fact that there's no in-season testing for HGH. Why is there no in-season testing for HGH? And do you foresee that changing at some point?Weiner: Well, there is no in-season testing now because the players just weren't comfortable yet that we were ready for that. They weren't comfortable enough with the collection process, how the collection process fits with day-to-day play. And they felt that we needed to talk with the membership broadly about those issues. And we will do that starting in spring training this year.find a way, get it done. stop doing what you have to do, become a leader in getting PEDs out of the sport. THAT is how perception on this issue will change.
The HGH test is a blood test.The HGH test only detects HGH use in a very small window of time.The benefits of HGH are wildly overstated.The only sport in America that does test for HGH is minor league baseball.No one cares what baseball is actually doing regarding drug testing, just as no one cares that football players are walking drug labrotories.

The HGH test is a blood test.The HGH test only detects HGH use in a very small window of time.The benefits of HGH are wildly overstated.The only sport in America that does test for HGH is minor league baseball.No one cares what baseball is actually doing regarding drug testing, just as no one cares that football players are walking drug labrotories.
again, baseball needs to repair its image on this. If people are happy with their image fine, if not the players and the league should come together and get in front. They are not.And no one does care about NFL PEDS. There are a lot of reasons for that. MLB cannot change that, nor can MLBPA.

At least when McGwire, Bonds, Sosa and Clemens were cheating, everyone was cheating and it was an even playing field.

again, baseball needs to repair its image on this. If people are happy with their image fine, if not the players and the league should come together and get in front. They are not.And no one does care about NFL PEDS. There are a lot of reasons for that. MLB cannot change that, nor can MLBPA.
They are in front. There was a mistake in my last post though, MLB is testing for HGH, just not during the season as of yet. They're continuing to study the issue.

They are in front. There was a mistake in my last post though, MLB is testing for HGH, just not during the season as of yet. They're continuing to study the issue.
study awayand the perception continues....:shrug:the bungling of this has just increased the perception that baseball is not a leader in testing, but rather a bunch of buffoons. They don't HAVE to change that perception, but until they do players will be considered by many to be cheaters at the slightest hint of possible evidence.I am not saying it is right, i am saying it is the reality.

Now, not to stir up the pot, but all you who railed on Braun need to come clean. Us loyal Brewer fans welcome your apology.I'm waiting... :)
Good on ya, your boy cheated and got away with it. I really am ghappy that he got away with it because the Brewers already had lost Fielder so it would have been sad to see them lose Braun as well for an extended period. However, he got off on a freaking technicality, make no mistake about that. He's free to play, but this cloud will not soon pass for everyone EXCEPT Brewer fans.

Now, not to stir up the pot, but all you who railed on Braun need to come clean. Us loyal Brewer fans welcome your apology.I'm waiting... :)
Good on ya, your boy cheated and got away with it. I really am ghappy that he got away with it because the Brewers already had lost Fielder so it would have been sad to see them lose Braun as well for an extended period. However, he got off on a freaking technicality, make no mistake about that. He's free to play, but this cloud will not soon pass for everyone EXCEPT Brewer fans.
technicality my ###. it sat on some guys desk for two freakin' days! You don't even know what he tested positive for. What if it was his STD medication? That doesn't make him a cheater - it makes him stupid at worst. It' not like he's grown 3 sizes like Barry Bonds.You're calling him a cheater with no evidence to back you up.

Users who are viewing this thread