What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Braun wins Appeal! (1 Viewer)

You either want a clean game or you dont.
I don't.The game (this and any other) has never been clean and it never will be. Trying to ban PEDs makes about as much sense as the prohibition of booze or pot in the United States. It's a fool's never-ending game of cat & mouse, and the population as a whole suffers as a result of it.

If the ham-handed buffoons who run baseball would smarten up, they'd open up the floodgates and welcome the myriad advances in human physical potential that could be unlocked through the use of PEDs. You'd have pitchers tossing 150 mph and batters hitting 600 foot home runs by the dozen. Maybe you'd even get a bunch more brawls as a result of the 'roid rage. It would be the dawning of a new golden age for baseball, for all of these things are tremendously exciting, which is in direct contrast to today's game, which is not at all exciting.

Alas, this will never happen, and baseball will continue to progressively suck more and more.
The game you're looking for is Rollerball. Spits out hook.....

So the guy doing the testing thought FedEx was closed because it was late Saturday so he took it home and put it in his refrigerator :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:Yeah, no chance of a tainted sample there.
:goodposting:
Whether you like it or not. /thread.OR, this is just a ploy by Bud to drum up individual ticket sales for the Milwaukee Brewers that go on sale this weekend.http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=mil

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, not to stir up the pot, but all you who railed on Braun need to come clean. Us loyal Brewer fans welcome your apology.I'm waiting... :)
Why would anyone apologize? Seems pretty clear he got off on how the testing was done not for being clean.
Maybe he WAS clean. Since the test wasn't administrated properly, how do you know he wasn't clean?
Because being Guilty until proven innocent is now the norm.

Did Braun promise to spend the rest of his life finding the guy who really was on the juice?

Since everyone knows Braun was dirty and got off on a technicality, he should agree to a monthly PED test during the season. See how well Milwaukee does with a cleanup hitter having 17 HRs and 68 RBIs.

Did Braun promise to spend the rest of his life finding the guy who really was on the juice?

Since everyone knows Braun was dirty and got off on a technicality, he should agree to a monthly PED test during the season. See how well Milwaukee does with a cleanup hitter having 17 HRs and 68 RBIs.
How does everyone know this?

I'd like to hear what the technicality was before making any accusations.
I'd like to hear how all the people who definitively know he was using steroids, how they know this.I'm still waiting for a link.Lots of :hophead: in here
Honest question, haven't looked it up. But is there a possibility if a urine sample is not tested immediately, it is plausible that the testosterone level in it could skyrocket?Suspension should absolutely be set aside due to not following protocol, but Braun is a cheater, the test results still show an extremely high level of testestorone. Disappointed because it seemed like he was one of the few guys who steered clear of that.

Now, not to stir up the pot, but all you who railed on Braun need to come clean. Us loyal Brewer fans welcome your apology.I'm waiting... :)
Why would anyone apologize? Seems pretty clear he got off on how the testing was done not for being clean.
Maybe he WAS clean. Since the test wasn't administrated properly, how do you know he wasn't clean?
This isn't the federal courts here. He tested positive for a drug test. He got lucky the chain of command was broken. Not much else to it. He got busted, and extremely lucky.

Lot of people judging Braun here. But where does MLB take the blame? First, they can't guarantee chain of custody of the drug sample. Then they leak that Braun faces a 50 game suspension due to a failed drug test in a process that is supposed to be confidential. Then, again in a confidential process, the timing of the hearing was leaked. Then when the appeal process that they agreed to with the union exonerates him they post a statement that they vehemently disagree with it. Seems like MLB screwed up just about everything they could about this process and people are quick to take MLB's side? I don't get it.
MLB deserves a ton of the blame. If they just followed protocol, a cheater would be serving a 50 game suspension. I think MLB is getting plenty of blame, and rightfully so. Doesn't change the fact that Braun is a cheater.
How do we know he cheated???? He reportedly passed 25 tests before this. So if you assume all those samples were handled correctly before this and he passed them all, then you have one sample that is handled incorrectly and he fails it, doesn't that raise a huge red flag with the reliability of this test?
Do you think the guy who had the sample in the fridge poured testosterone in it? The protocol was not adhered to, penalty should be set aside. But I have not found any evidence that not testing a urine sample after a day drastically increases the testosterone level. I would love it if Braun just ended all speculation and doubt by taking a lie detector test. One simple question - Did you knowingly ingest PEDS within the last year?Barry Bonds failed one test. Clean on every other one. Definitely didn't use PEDs.

This isn't the federal courts here. He tested positive for a drug test. He got lucky the chain of command was broken. Not much else to it. He got busted, and extremely lucky.
Exactly right. It'sd not like testosterone suddenly doubles or triples in your uring if it sits. He's no different than a motorist going 100 mph who gets off because the officer wrote down the wrong model of the car on the citation. Sure, he walks without a fine, but it doesn't mean he wasn't speeding.

I'd like to hear how all the people who definitively know he was using steroids, how they know this.I'm still waiting for a link.Lots of :hophead: in here
Honest question, haven't looked it up. But is there a possibility if a urine sample is not tested immediately, it is plausible that the testosterone level in it could skyrocket?Suspension should absolutely be set aside due to not following protocol, but Braun is a cheater, the test results still show an extremely high level of testestorone. Disappointed because it seemed like he was one of the few guys who steered clear of that.
How does everyone know what the test results showed? I'm just asking. I've followed this somewhat tangentially, and as far as I recall, I've only seen/heard rumor, "reports" from unnamed sources and sportstalk gossip regarding this whole saga.

Lot of people judging Braun here. But where does MLB take the blame? First, they can't guarantee chain of custody of the drug sample. Then they leak that Braun faces a 50 game suspension due to a failed drug test in a process that is supposed to be confidential. Then, again in a confidential process, the timing of the hearing was leaked. Then when the appeal process that they agreed to with the union exonerates him they post a statement that they vehemently disagree with it. Seems like MLB screwed up just about everything they could about this process and people are quick to take MLB's side? I don't get it.
MLB deserves a ton of the blame. If they just followed protocol, a cheater would be serving a 50 game suspension. I think MLB is getting plenty of blame, and rightfully so. Doesn't change the fact that Braun is a cheater.
How do we know he cheated???? He reportedly passed 25 tests before this. So if you assume all those samples were handled correctly before this and he passed them all, then you have one sample that is handled incorrectly and he fails it, doesn't that raise a huge red flag with the reliability of this test?
Do you think the guy who had the sample in the fridge poured testosterone in it? The protocol was not adhered to, penalty should be set aside. But I have not found any evidence that not testing a urine sample after a day drastically increases the testosterone level. I would love it if Braun just ended all speculation and doubt by taking a lie detector test. One simple question - Did you knowingly ingest PEDS within the last year?Barry Bonds failed one test. Clean on every other one. Definitely didn't use PEDs.
Do you really believe that a "lie detector test" would end "all speculation and doubt"?

How does everyone know what the test results showed? I'm just asking. I've followed this somewhat tangentially, and as far as I recall, I've only seen/heard rumor, "reports" from unnamed sources and sportstalk gossip regarding this whole saga.
Yep. Still waiting for proof from several of the posters here on how they know for sure Braun actually tested positive from an untainted sample. I'll wait some more, I guess.

Do you really believe that a "lie detector test" would end "all speculation and doubt"?
Maybe not for everyone. For me, absolutely. As to your rumor/gossip point on Braun, lets assume it was not "extremely high levels of testosterone". Do you believe he tested positive for PED's or something else?

Yep. Still waiting for proof from several of the posters here on how they know for sure Braun actually tested positive from an untainted sample. I'll wait some more, I guess.
Still waiting to hear from Brewer fans (who apparently are the only ones in denial) how a urine sample, stored correctly, would somehow test positive for some banned substance.

Still waiting to hear from Brewer fans (who apparently are the only ones in denial) how a urine sample, stored correctly, would somehow test positive for some banned substance.
What is the proper way to store a urine sample in your fridge for two days? next to the milk? Or yesterday's leftover pizza? I'm not sure. What would you recommend?

What was he appealing?

What was he appealing?
A false conviction.

Maybe not for everyone. For me, absolutely. As to your rumor/gossip point on Braun, lets assume it was not "extremely high levels of testosterone". Do you believe he tested positive for PED's or something else?
I don't know what the tests showed. I believe that Braun was involved in some form of disciplinary proceeding involving a positive urine test, and that he was exonerated today of any wrongdoing. There will be no discipline or penalty. What do you believe?

What is the proper way to store a urine sample in your fridge for two days? next to the milk? Or yesterday's leftover pizza? I'm not sure. What would you recommend?
Obviously the guy needed to keep it away from the giant container of testosterone that spilled into it.

I don't know what the tests showed. I believe that Braun was involved in some form of disciplinary proceeding involving a positive urine test, and that he was exonerated today of any wrongdoing. There will be no discipline or penalty. What do you believe?
I believe that Ryan Braun's suspension was overturned (and rightfully so) because MLB did not strictly adhere to their testing protocol. I believe that Ryan Braun, by his action of appealing the ruling, was accused of taking PED's, and I believe due to the positive test that he was guilty as sin.

If there were problems with the chain of custody how do we know it wasn't tainted in someway? How do we know if it was stored properly? How do we know if it was even Braun's test? The guy in charge of the test was obviously incompetent enough not to be able to handle shipping the sample to the lab. What makes you think he was competent enough to handle the sample correctly? How do we know he didn't leave it sit in his car in the sun while he had a few drinks with his buddies? Lots we don't know other than what's been leaked by MLB in a supposedly confidential process. We have yet to hear anything from Braun. He very well may be guilty but we don't know the whole story yet. Just MLB's side, and they were ruled against by an appeal panel that they agreed to.

Obviously the guy needed to keep it away from the giant container of testosterone that spilled into it.
That's the whole point, isn't it? Since it sat in some guys fridge for two days then the whole sample becomes suspect - which is what you're basing your decision on.

What was he appealing?
A false conviction.
Probably the positive drug test? Of course he appealed it. They all do, hoping they get lucky like this.

If the test was for the amount of testosterone per ml of fluid, the cap could have not been tight, and the water could have evaporated leaving the testosterone behind.

What was he appealing?
A false conviction.
Probably the positive drug test? Of course he appealed it. They all do, hoping they get lucky like this.
They ruled positive on a possibly faulty and tainted sample, which means the ruling never should have happened at all.

I'm kind of laughing about how Braun appealing something so flagrant proves it was a technicality to everybody.

No, you pick the slam dunk part of the case and hammer it home if you're his legal team. And then, to protect whatever privacy he wants to protect, or as strategy, you don't offer any extraneous crap that's gonna possibly convince a lone arbitrator to ignore something overwhelming as a guy not hitting up FedEx and subsequently bringing it home

I seriously thought the people in this thread were kidding when I first read that.

I loved how we tried to slip in that it was "stored correctly" upthread. :lmao:

I'm kind of laughing about how Braun appealing something so flagrant proves it was a technicality to everybody.

No, you pick the slam dunk part of the case and hammer it home if you're his legal team. And then, to protect whatever privacy he wants to protect, or as strategy, you don't offer any extraneous crap that's gonna possibly convince a lone arbitrator to ignore something overwhelming as a guy not hitting up FedEx and subsequently bringing it home

I seriously thought the people in this thread were kidding when I first read that.

Sure it can be stored correctly if you put i next to the coffee creamer but not next to the Parmesan Cheese. Just make sure if relatives come over they don't accidentally drink it thinking it's iced tea. The lab is going to need you to send it in after the weekend is over. :)

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument the sample was a pure positive sent directly to the lab. Then it turns out that the rumors are true that he was taking medication for an STD (at this point, this is the only rumor).

Does that still make him a cheater in your eyes? Or just a victim of the iron-clad "you're guilty" decision of MLB? Clearly an STD medication isn't taken to improve your baseball performance, so does that really make him a cheater?

I'm not sure what point you are making or what side you are on. But the fact that you edited this post and still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy.

Are you a barrister perchance? If so, there's room for you on my team.

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument the sample was a pure positive sent directly to the lab. Then it turns out that the rumors are true that he was taking medication for an STD (at this point, this is the only rumor). Does that still make him a cheater in your eyes? Or just a victim of the iron-clad "you're guilty" decision of MLB? Clearly an STD medication isn't taken to improve your baseball performance, so does that really make him a cheater?
It makes him in violation of MLB rules and subject to the 50 games.It's his job to know what he is putting into his body. And if there are any questions about what he is putting into his body, such as a STD medication, he should be consulting with MLB before doing it.

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument the sample was a pure positive sent directly to the lab. Then it turns out that the rumors are true that he was taking medication for an STD (at this point, this is the only rumor). Does that still make him a cheater in your eyes? Or just a victim of the iron-clad "you're guilty" decision of MLB? Clearly an STD medication isn't taken to improve your baseball performance, so does that really make him a cheater?
It makes him in violation of MLB rules and subject to the 50 games.It's his job to know what he is putting into his body. And if there are any questions about what he is putting into his body, such as a STD medication, he should be consulting with MLB before doing it.
Well, THIS I can agree with. However, some here have called him an actual cheater like he was taking it to improve his game. I'm just wondering if the nature of the suppose positive test changes their view from such a harsh word.

I heard if the baby milk, especially breast milk gets spilled on it, it skyrockets.I'm also a lawyer.

Speaking only for myself. If it's some med he took for an STD and he came out and said that, I'd completely throw the results out. The health of your manhood takes precedence over any other consideration. And any other man who said otherwise is lying.If I woke up tomorrow and saw him on the news with this story, verified, I honestly would never hold it against him.

What was he appealing?
A false conviction.
Nope. He appealed the chain of custody, not the actual result.

Okay, let's say for the sake of argument the sample was a pure positive sent directly to the lab. Then it turns out that the rumors are true that he was taking medication for an STD (at this point, this is the only rumor).
If this is what happened then I'd feel bad for Braun. No one should have to reveal medical issues to anyone. I know he would have been required to report it to MLB, but their handling of this shows they can't be trusted to keep secrets.

"But the fact that you edited this post and [sic] still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy." :lmao:

It? You?

What was he appealing?
A false conviction.
Nope. He appealed the chain of custody, not the actual result.
Nope. He appealed the 50 game suspension. Challenging the proper chain of custody was the path of least resistance to get it overturned. Who knows? There may have been problems with the actual result as well.

"But the fact that you edited this post and [sic] still ended up being this confusing is noteworthy." :lmao: It? You?
And with this, rocknation is eliminated from the sharpest tool in the shed contest.
Because a guy who posts this should be criticizing other people's posts? I was pretty clear in the above post. He just didn't agree. Note there's no comma. And let's not forget that profits made offshore are taxed at a steeply discounted rate if at all. So thru the magic of accounting oil [sic] drilled here could make us nothing at all. However any cleanup from a spill can get dropped in our Lap. [sic]And people wonder why the young are occupying parks around the country. Because the rules are waaaay out of whack. - hookwhateverToo bad about the tool shed. I'll miss beating up on the wedges. :bye: I had a Bill the Cat shirt in seventh grade.

Users who are viewing this thread