What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Grant (1 Viewer)

i have him ranked right around Lendale White, somewhere in the mid/late teens. I would not give up a top 4 rookie pick for him, and would unlikely give up a pick from 5-8 either.
PLease be real , Lendale White might even lose his starting job next season if Henry has a good camp ......Top 4 rookies again besides the obvious #1 pick ( McFadden ) the rests are big gambles nothing even close of being a safe pick.Grant will give you 1500 rushing yards , 400 receiving yards and around 10 - 15 total Td's .I have Grant in a dynasty and if you take a look at next season rookie draft i would only trade him for the first pick nothiiiing less .

Traders2001 said:
i have him ranked right around Lendale White, somewhere in the mid/late teens. I would not give up a top 4 rookie pick for him, and would unlikely give up a pick from 5-8 either.
PLease be real , Lendale White might even lose his starting job next season if Henry has a good camp ......
You're kidding, right?

Traders2001 said:
PLease be real , Lendale White might even lose his starting job next season if Henry has a good camp ......Top 4 rookies again besides the obvious #1 pick ( McFadden ) the rests are big gambles nothing even close of being a safe pick.Grant will give you 1500 rushing yards , 400 receiving yards and around 10 - 15 total Td's .I have Grant in a dynasty and if you take a look at next season rookie draft i would only trade him for the first pick nothiiiing less .
I think thats about how I value him too, but Im going to go ahead and hope his owners value him less so I can get him at a bargain. Seems like most think he is a mid to late 2nd rd pick in start up dynasty drafts

In another league, I was offered Chambers/Cotch/Shockey for Grant/J.King/M.Lawson. Need the WR depth, but still haven't finished talks.
I think Grant is worth more than this, and Im a really big Cotchery fan. I might consider a top 10 wr in a straight up trade
That's not even enough for me. I like Cotchery as well, but I'm not that high on Chambers because of the Chargers offense. Maybe with a different WR than Chambers and only then if I really needed a TE.
Wow. My initial reaction is completely different. I take this deal in a second. Jeff King is a backup TE period. You get one of the top TE's in Shockey. Chambers or Cotch should outscore Grant especially in PPR. Chambers is only 30 and with one of the best O's in the league. How anyone is still down on this guy watching him since he went to SD is beyond me. Cotch is a good asset to get on top of this. And the only extra thing it costs you is a D player. I would be all over this deal if offered in the only league where I own Grant.
In PPR it's reasonable if your team has needs at WR. My view is that Grant has the potential to be a top 10 RB next year and even if I don't like his dynasty outlook he's valuable. I don't see Cotch or Chambers outscoring him in PPR or otherwise. My concern with Chambers is that his upside is limited as he's at best the #3 option behind LT and Gates.

in 3 survivor drafts going on over in "mock draft r us" he was taken in 12-15 player off the board.

I would trade a pick in the 1.05-1.07 range. In startup dynasty drafts this offseason, I expect Grant to be a top twenty pick. I know that is surprising, but there will be at least one in every league that values Grant as a top fantasy back.
A top 20 overall dynasty pick is only worth a 1.05-1.07 rookie pick to you? Wow, I guess it's that time of year where we can all unload this middle rookie picks for 10 times their true value.As far as the Portis/Grant debate that was going on goes, I am actually stuck with a predicament in my main dynasty where I am probably going to have to move one due to contract issues.I have been on Portis' jock for years (check my post history if you don't believe me), but he's the guy I'll likely be moving over Grant. I think Grant is way underrated, and I would probably take him straight up. Add in the fact that Portis still has a lot more trade value because some crazy people actually think GB might draft a RB early and that makes the choice easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
In another league, I was offered Chambers/Cotch/Shockey for Grant/J.King/M.Lawson. Need the WR depth, but still haven't finished talks.
I think Grant is worth more than this, and Im a really big Cotchery fan. I might consider a top 10 wr in a straight up trade
That's not even enough for me. I like Cotchery as well, but I'm not that high on Chambers because of the Chargers offense. Maybe with a different WR than Chambers and only then if I really needed a TE.
Wow. My initial reaction is completely different. I take this deal in a second. Jeff King is a backup TE period. You get one of the top TE's in Shockey. Chambers or Cotch should outscore Grant especially in PPR. Chambers is only 30 and with one of the best O's in the league. How anyone is still down on this guy watching him since he went to SD is beyond me. Cotch is a good asset to get on top of this. And the only extra thing it costs you is a D player. I would be all over this deal if offered in the only league where I own Grant.
In PPR it's reasonable if your team has needs at WR. My view is that Grant has the potential to be a top 10 RB next year and even if I don't like his dynasty outlook he's valuable. I don't see Cotch or Chambers outscoring him in PPR or otherwise. My concern with Chambers is that his upside is limited as he's at best the #3 option behind LT and Gates.
The bottom line is that you're looking at an above average TE and a couple middle of the pack WRs for a guy who looks to have the makings of a total stud RB. I think you'd have to be crazy to consider moving Grant for a pile of mediocre players.

FreeBaGeL said:
cstu said:
The bottom line is that you're looking at an above average TE and a couple middle of the pack WRs for a guy who looks to have the makings of a total stud RB. I think you'd have to be crazy to consider moving Grant for a pile of mediocre players.
:topcat: Id be surprised if any of his owners gave him up for that. In the leagues im trying to aquire him, the asking price is either a fringe top 10 rb or a top 10 wr

Just dealt him in a 16team, IDP league. Needed a WR2 BAD, and have LJ/LT/Westy as my RB's. I gave Grant/Gibril/4th for Colston/D.Harris/2.07, thought it was a steal for me.

Have 4 of the first 6 picks in the rookie draft including the 1.01 and 1.03 to rebuild my running back position which includes MBIII, TJ and Turner...

Wanted to upgrade my wide receiver position so I traded Ryan Grant and the 3.03 and 3.12 rookie picks for Roy Williams WR Det and Michael Bush RB Oak...

I traded Grant, Hackett, and Andre Hall for Marshawn Lynch and a 3:07 in my 12 team Dynasty league. I love Grant, but felt Lynch was a safer bet, not too mention 5 years younger.
Grant is 2 years and 4 months older than Lynch.I'm not sure how people who saw Grant play last year could be down on him. I think they are just sorry they missed out.

PLease be real , Lendale White might even lose his starting job next season if Henry has a good camp ......
You're kidding, right?
Not at all, 3 yds and a cloud of dust does nt cut it , that s all White brings you .That s the problem on the Titans offense no speed no big play ability .

bump for opinions on how Rodgers will impact Grants value. Bump him up? move him down?

I think they will have to lean a little more on the run game, and think there will be less passing near the endzone. The wrs are too good for defenders to cram the box imo, and even though Rodgers is unproven I like his chances after being a 1st rd pick and sitting for a few seasons

i totally agree but his value is still down in most league. I own him in both of my leagues.

totally wishing I would have traded him at my super bowl party now. we'll see who they bring in to back up rogers, that guy is not going to last the whole year imo. The offense is going to take a big hit overall losing the old man.

If you want him, this week would be the time to go get him.....

noneother said:
like a panthers cheerleader 8 in the box...
Possibly.Though...will teams still do that when the Packers go 4 and 5 wide?And look at the replay of his TD against Dallas....there were plenty in the box on that play and he broke through.Had a few like that this year.

Ever heard of Kevan Barlow?
Barlow in his best days did nt look half as good as Grant.Rodgers will get the job done and why not a better job Then Favre the last few seasons , he has the weapons good arm and is a smart kid with some moves so he should do well and Grant will easily be a top 5 FF RB next season.I am a Grant owner and already had a few offers that i turned down like Turner for Grant straight up .

I think Grants stock just went up. Clearly the Packers were a pass first offense with Favre, now I think they'll really emphasize the run with Arod in there now to ease him into the role. Top 10 back for sure imo..

See posts on page 1 for more background. Bottom line without Favre the main things going for Grant (opportunity and situational balance of supporting cast) are now in doubt without Favre at the helm. Teams did not stack the box against Grant. They were worried about Favre. That is no longer going to be the case. The passing offense and thus the offense as a whole is not likely to be as effective as it was last year hurting Grants overall opportunity.

Value definity down.

Security of starting still in question especially under more difficult circumstances.

I would trade a pick in the 1.05-1.07 range. In startup dynasty drafts this offseason, I expect Grant to be a top twenty pick. I know that is surprising, but there will be at least one in every league that values Grant as a top fantasy back.
A top 20 overall dynasty pick is only worth a 1.05-1.07 rookie pick to you? Wow, I guess it's that time of year where we can all unload this middle rookie picks for 10 times their true value.As far as the Portis/Grant debate that was going on goes, I am actually stuck with a predicament in my main dynasty where I am probably going to have to move one due to contract issues.I have been on Portis' jock for years (check my post history if you don't believe me), but he's the guy I'll likely be moving over Grant. I think Grant is way underrated, and I would probably take him straight up. Add in the fact that Portis still has a lot more trade value because some crazy people actually think GB might draft a RB early and that makes the choice easy.
If you own him and love him, great, keep him; but I for one am not a believer yet. People forget that Wynn had beaten him out (and looked very, very good) before his injury. What happens when Grant gets injured and Wynn steps in and does great? Or B. Jackson? I just don't see that situation as settled enough to consider Grant elite. I would rather have Mendenhall or Stewart as I think they both are capable of being franchise RBs.Plus, with Favre retiring I think GB is going to see alot more of 8 in the box. I definitely don't think you can assume Grant will put up 1500 yards like some of you suppose.I would value him at 1.04 in a rookie draft.

A top 20 overall dynasty pick is only worth a 1.05-1.07 rookie pick to you? Wow, I guess it's that time of year where we can all unload this middle rookie picks for 10 times their true value.As far as the Portis/Grant debate that was going on goes, I am actually stuck with a predicament in my main dynasty where I am probably going to have to move one due to contract issues.

I have been on Portis' jock for years (check my post history if you don't believe me), but he's the guy I'll likely be moving over Grant. I think Grant is way underrated, and I would probably take him straight up. Add in the fact that Portis still has a lot more trade value because some crazy people actually think GB might draft a RB early and that makes the choice easy.
If you own him and love him, great, keep him; but I for one am not a believer yet. People forget that Wynn had beaten him out (and looked very, very good) before his injury. What happens when Grant gets injured and Wynn steps in and does great? Or B. Jackson? I just don't see that situation as settled enough to consider Grant elite. I would rather have Mendenhall or Stewart as I think they both are capable of being franchise RBs.Plus, with Favre retiring I think GB is going to see alot more of 8 in the box. I definitely don't think you can assume Grant will put up 1500 yards like some of you suppose.

I would value him at 1.04 in a rookie draft.
Deshawn Wynn never reached 80 yards rushing in any game he played in. Compared to Grant who had 5 games of 100+ rushing during the regular season, and a 200+ yard rushing game in the playoffs. From everything i have seen, there is no reason to believe that Wynn is a better RB than Grant.

A top 20 overall dynasty pick is only worth a 1.05-1.07 rookie pick to you? Wow, I guess it's that time of year where we can all unload this middle rookie picks for 10 times their true value.As far as the Portis/Grant debate that was going on goes, I am actually stuck with a predicament in my main dynasty where I am probably going to have to move one due to contract issues.

I have been on Portis' jock for years (check my post history if you don't believe me), but he's the guy I'll likely be moving over Grant. I think Grant is way underrated, and I would probably take him straight up. Add in the fact that Portis still has a lot more trade value because some crazy people actually think GB might draft a RB early and that makes the choice easy.
If you own him and love him, great, keep him; but I for one am not a believer yet. People forget that Wynn had beaten him out (and looked very, very good) before his injury. What happens when Grant gets injured and Wynn steps in and does great? Or B. Jackson? I just don't see that situation as settled enough to consider Grant elite. I would rather have Mendenhall or Stewart as I think they both are capable of being franchise RBs.Plus, with Favre retiring I think GB is going to see alot more of 8 in the box. I definitely don't think you can assume Grant will put up 1500 yards like some of you suppose.

Deshawn Wynn never reached 80 yards rushing in any game he played in. Compared to Grant who had 5 games of 100+ rushing during the regular season, and a 200+ yard rushing game in the playoffs. From everything i have seen, there is no reason to believe that Wynn is a better RB than Grant.
Obviously, you are a stats guy--read the stats line and make a judgement. I watched the games and I am telling you that Wynn ran with aggression and power and speed. And, if Grant is so much better why did he not win the starting job until Wynn got hurt?

And, if Grant is so much better why did he not win the starting job until Wynn got hurt?
didnt they trade for Grant because they werent thrilled about what they had in B.Jackson, Morency, and Wynn? When did that trade happen? Its tough for a relatively unknown player to walk on to a team and be handed the starting job. I dont think there is any question that Grant is cemented as the starting rb now. just my opinion though

Obviously, you are a stats guy--read the stats line and make a judgement. I watched the games and I am telling you that Wynn ran with aggression and power and speed. And, if Grant is so much better why did he not win the starting job until Wynn got hurt?
I watched both Wynn and Grant, and Wynn looked like your average backup RB. Wynn's got power, agression, but lacks elite speed and playmaking ability. And im guessing that the fact that the Packers didn't get Grant until after spring training and just a week before the regular season started was a pretty big reason why he wasn't ahead of Deshawn Wynn on the depth chart immediately.

And, if Grant is so much better why did he not win the starting job until Wynn got hurt?
didnt they trade for Grant because they werent thrilled about what they had in B.Jackson, Morency, and Wynn? When did that trade happen? Its tough for a relatively unknown player to walk on to a team and be handed the starting job. I dont think there is any question that Grant is cemented as the starting rb now. just my opinion though
Wynn won the job in preseason. Grant wasn't even there. They traded for him September 1st. There first game was Sept 9.

No. You are wrong. Brandon Jackson won the starting job and started the first two weeks. Wynn took over week four. No offense, but is it too much to ask that people at least get their facts straight? We can disagree about interpretations (how good is Grant? How likely is Grant to share carries?) but we should at least get the facts straight before we attempt to

If you own him and love him, great, keep him; but I for one am not a believer yet. People forget that Wynn had beaten him out (and looked very, very good) before his injury. What happens when Grant gets injured and Wynn steps in and does great? Or B. Jackson? I just don't see that situation as settled enough to consider Grant elite. I would rather have Mendenhall or Stewart as I think they both are capable of being franchise RBs.

Plus, with Favre retiring I think GB is going to see alot more of 8 in the box. I definitely don't think you can assume Grant will put up 1500 yards like some of you suppose.

Wynn won the job in preseason. Grant wasn't even there. They traded for him September 1st. There first game was Sept 9.
No. Brandon Jackson started the first two weeks. Wynn took over in week 4. Is it too much to ask that people get their facts straight?

Whatever az_prof. Fact is Grant was not there to compete with Jackson, Wynn or any other running back in training camp. He couldn't have won the starting or backup job then.

re: Wynn vs. Grant

Wynn, when he ran was a slender version of TJ Duckett. He is a good pound them 3rd down type back to get the hard yards with an occasional swing pass ala William Henderson from the HB position. He could not make it out of training camp without getting injured and ended the season on IR on a questionable injury.

Grant, I will let the games speak for themselves. I won't quote stats or anything but his speed, quickness and ability far exceeded what Wynn ever did.

I like my top8 picks to have a little larger sample size than Grants.

Throw in a QB that hasnt played much either.

Im a skeptic and by alot of reactions in this thread, he is very overvalued.

I am hoping someone can help me out with finding Grant's contract details. I was looking for him at http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx and wasn't able to locate him. If he was just a practice squad player for the NYG for 1 yaer then traded to GB, he may not even have a contract for 2008 yet. Does anyone know for sure he is under contract with GB?
He is an 'exclusive rights free agent' starting this season. His yrs in NY didn't account for Free Agency, Pack basically has him for 2 yrs at the minimum contract unless Grant holds out (yeah right). Pack may give him a modest deal now rather than a big payday down the road, this article talks about his situation...http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../801250604/1989

You either own White and you dont own Grant, I would trade White for a Bag of chips right now.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
I like my top8 picks to have a little larger sample size than Grants. Throw in a QB that hasnt played much either.Im a skeptic and by alot of reactions in this thread, he is very overvalued.
:shrug:

Tecmo said:
Splicer said:
I am hoping someone can help me out with finding Grant's contract details. I was looking for him at http://www.nflpa.org/Resources/ActivePlayerSearch.aspx and wasn't able to locate him. If he was just a practice squad player for the NYG for 1 yaer then traded to GB, he may not even have a contract for 2008 yet. Does anyone know for sure he is under contract with GB?
He is an 'exclusive rights free agent' starting this season. His yrs in NY didn't account for Free Agency, Pack basically has him for 2 yrs at the minimum contract unless Grant holds out (yeah right). Pack may give him a modest deal now rather than a big payday down the road, this article talks about his situation...http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../801250604/1989
Thanks. I see what's going on now.

FWIW... Last week, in a dynasty league, I traded Grant. The deal was:

Grant

2009 1st (I'd estimate 1.08-1.10)

for

Fitz

2008 2.12

2009 2nd (Id' estimate 2.06-2.10)

While he looked great last season, I'm not sold on Grant - there are too many variables that could bring his numbers down from last season. I was happy to add a very consistent WR with a ton of dynasty upside in exchange for him, Particularly because I am deeper at RB (Bush, Turner, DWill, 1.01, 1.04) than WR.

az_prof said:
awesomeness said:
az_prof said:

If Wynn was so great why didn't he get more carries? In week 2 he carried the ball 10 of 27 carries, then went silent for 2 weeks, then in week 5 he got 13 carries and Morency got 9. Even in those "best games" he only had 46% of the carries. For the year he avg'd 4.06 ypc. He had 2 decent games 10-50-2 vs. the Giants in the week 2 when they were horrible and 13-78-1 vs. Chi in week 5. Other than that there's nothing there. Wynn is a Ladell Betts smokescreen.

As usual - we have a bunch of bias crack-head like opinions flying around here from homers and owners......

Bottom line - The entire Packer O just took a HUGE downgrade

They lost their starting QB and their leader

ARod is an unproven, Grant is a one year wonder right now, and Driver is getting old

I don't see the Pack scoring nearly as much in 2008 and their chances to repeat as divsion champs just went into the toilet

I don't see the Pack scoring nearly as much in 2008 and their chances to repeat as divsion champs just went into the toilet
Understanding full well the flaming I'm about to get....You have looked at the Pack's divisional competition, right? At worst they just came down to equal with these guys, and if Rodgers can do anything then they're still in the driver's seat. "In the toilet" isn't exactly the way I'd describe their chances. Not exactly the AFC South over there.

noneother said:
Possibly.Though...will teams still do that when the Packers go 4 and 5 wide?And look at the replay of his TD against Dallas....there were plenty in the box on that play and he broke through.Had a few like that this year.
If there are 5 WR's.....why would a defense have 8 in the box again? Is Grant playing QB....lol

awesomeness said:
az_prof said:
awesomeness said:
az_prof said:

I watched both Wynn and Grant, and Wynn looked like your average backup RB. Wynn's got power, agression, but lacks elite speed and playmaking ability. And im guessing that the fact that the Packers didn't get Grant until after spring training and just a week before the regular season started was a pretty big reason why he wasn't ahead of Deshawn Wynn on the depth chart immediately.
Was he in the bullpen?

noneother said:
If there are 5 WR's.....why would a defense have 8 in the box again? Is Grant playing QB....lol
If you don't have someone to throw the ball it puts pressure on the running game. If you don't think losing a HOF QB will negatively impact ALL of the skill players on offense then you either have a great deal of faith to expect Rodgers to replace Favre or you don't know much about football. The fact is that Favre has made a lot of average players look good over the years and GB fans are about to see how much. If I am a Driver, Jennings, James or Grant owner I try to deal them before we see how bad that offense is next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual - we have a bunch of bias crack-head like opinions flying around here from homers and owners......Bottom line - The entire Packer O just took a HUGE downgradeThey lost their starting QB and their leaderARod is an unproven, Grant is a one year wonder right now, and Driver is getting oldI don't see the Pack scoring nearly as much in 2008 and their chances to repeat as divsion champs just went into the toilet
Ummm...have you looked at the division?How are their chances down the toilet?Driver is getting older...but he is still quite effective and looked young enough running 90 yards down the field in the NFC Title game.Rodgers is unproven for sure.Grant is a one year wonder? Could be. But I think he showed he had the talent to be more than that for the Packers.

Users who are viewing this thread