What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Mathews NOT arrested last night. Bar Fight (1 Viewer)

KCitons

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
LMFAO, I am starting to love the offseason for it's entertainment value.

We need to start a wagering thread about who will be arrested next?

Examiner.com reports Ryan Mathews was arrested following a Sunday bar fight.

Mathews' arrest still hasn't been reported by a mainstream media outlet, so take this with a grain of salt for the time being. As it is, Mathews is alleged to have knocked a man "out cold," and was arrested along with an "associate." If true, it's a terribly-timed incident for an on-the-spot player trying to make a good impression on a new coaching staff. Mathews is coming off a wretchedly disappointing year, and this could give the Bolts' new braintrust an excuse to explore other options. New head man Mike McCoy was free agent Willis McGahee's offensive coordinator the past two seasons.

UT:

Ryan Mathews was not arrested Sunday night, San Diego police said Monday morning, contrary to a report alleging the Chargers running back's involvement in a fight outside a San Diego night club.

The officer confirmed an Examiner.com report of an 8:30 p.m. fight outside SideBar, located in the Gaslamp district on 536 Market St. A Chargers spokesman said the team was aware of the report and working to confirm Mathews' reported role.

Sgt. Robin Rose directly refuted it, saying Mathews was not arrested.

We can say that he was definitely not arrested by SDPD," Rose said, "but there might have been a separate arrest that lead to that (report). It was not Ryan Mathews.

Rose could not confirm whether Mathews was present at the fight.

A man who is not Mathews was arrested in the altercation. That person's name cannot be released yet, she said.

This is my best guess as to what happened.

Mathews and friends are at a bar. Lot's of people are gawking and whispering about the fact that an NFL player is in the bar. A few guys have words with either Mathews or a member of Mathews' group.

A little while later, both groups are outside and an altercation breaks out. One guy is punched and taken to the hospital. The rumor starts to spread through the bar that Mathews' was in a fight. Since guy was knocked cold with one punch, people assume that it would take a well trained athlete to accomplish that feat, so it must have been Mathews.

Some random guy in the crowd see's someone throw a punch, but since he thinks all black guys look the same, he just assumes it was Mathews. When reporters show up, get's his name in the paper as a witness. Because, if he reports that it was just some random fight, nobody cares.

Could you maybe update the thread title to reflect that he wasn't arrested since that's been confirmed by the police?

This is my best guess as to what happened.

Mathews and friends are at a bar. Lot's of people are gawking and whispering about the fact that an NFL player is in the bar. A few guys have words with either Mathews or a member of Mathews' group.

A little while later, both groups are outside and an altercation breaks out. One guy is punched and taken to the hospital. The rumor starts to spread through the bar that Mathews' was in a fight. Since guy was knocked cold with one punch, people assume that it would take a well trained athlete to accomplish that feat, so it must have been Mathews.

Some random guy in the crowd see's someone throw a punch, but since he thinks all black guys look the same, he just assumes it was Mathews. When reporters show up, get's his name in the paper as a witness. Because, if he reports that it was just some random fight, nobody cares.
Ryan Mathews is black!?

if anyone asks i did not run over my wifes flowers witht eh lawnmower to thanks for getting my back on this one brohans

This reminds me of how some reports stated Hernandez was arrested, well before he was actually arrested. I hope this kind of irresponsible news reporting does not continue in the regular season, when we often have to make quick decisions.

This reminds me of how some reports stated Hernandez was arrested, well before he was actually arrested. I hope this kind of irresponsible news reporting does not continue in the regular season, when we often have to make quick decisions.
reminds me more of the Brandon Marshall "incident" right before/after he was traded to the Bears.

Users who are viewing this thread