What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

S.Jackson or J.Jones? (1 Viewer)

brednbuddah

Footballguy
S.Jax 254 1046 4.1 8 / 43 320 7.4 2

J.Jones 257 993 3.8 5 / 35 218 6.2 0

two guys who like to get hurt entering their 3rd season with almost identical '05 rush/rec numbers.

Do the Rams go to the run more often with pass-happy Martz gone?

Does the TO factor, along with Witten and Glenn, open things up for Jones more, getting his TDs into double digits?

If they can manage to stay healthy enough to get 300+ carries each, I can see both getting atleast 1300 rush and 12 total TDs, but if one of the two is going to exceed those numbers, I'm going with Jackson.

Jackson actually had a pretty nice year last year overall with nearly 1400 yards and 10 TDs in a pass happy offense. Not bad IMO for a 23 year old back. I'd go with him to break out.

One thing about last year stats above. Jackson had 2-1 TD ratio. 10 to 5. TO vs KEYSHAWN downfield blocking takes a hit.

All signs point to Jackson having the better year. But I am not jumping off Julias bandwagon either just yet!

Both could be in for good years IMO. If they can just stay healthy!

One thing about last year stats above. Jackson had 2-1 TD ratio. 10 to 5. TO vs KEYSHAWN downfield blocking takes a hit.

All signs point to Jackson having the better year. But I am not jumping off Julias bandwagon either just yet!

You don't think Owens is a good downfield blocker?

You don't think Owens is a good downfield blocker?
TO is a decent blocker, Keyshawn is one of the best.I'll take Jackson well before JJ.

S Jax might, but there is something about his run style (I can't put my finger on it) that worries me. Couple that with his tendancy to get banged up and I say RB15.

Jones IMHO will not bust out either. I don't beleive that he will get enough carries with MBIII sharing some RB duties.

I would take S JAx also because of the M. Barber factor with JJ, the TO factor is really non-factor because although KJ was a great blocking WR, TO's presence will make the defense play more deep and help the running game so it is a wash.

JJ.Parcells likes 1 main ball carrier. bearish on SJ. his head coach, Scott Linehan, is the godfather of the RBBC offense..

only once did a RB under him score double digit tds, Moe Williams, 2002.

Bennett's best year was just 1296 yards and 5 tds..

last year in Miami, both Ricky W. and Ron Brown split nearly every single carry, neither scoring more than 6 tds..

with Faulk still around in St Lou, I can't see SJ getting more than 15 carries/game,with Faulk getting the rest..

I'll say about 1050 yards and 6 tds, indentical to last year..with Faulk getting nearly the same.

even with Culpepper having those tremendous seasons in Minnesota, Bennett could only muster just 1296 yards and a scant 5 tds..

Jackson, IMO, isn't a top 20 RB..the misconception is that without Martz , he'll run even more..Linehan is even WORSE than Martz !!

JJ, on the other hand, will certainly land in the top 15 ..especially with T.O. keeping defenses from stacking the line..

marion barber looked good last year . higher probability jones shares carries imo .
Parcells is not a RBBC guy. He will give JJ enough rope to hang himself. If he can stay healthy he will have a monster year. If he falters and misses a few games, the JJ era in Dallas may be over. Parcells doesn't put up with that crap for long and if JJ doesn't keep himself on the field Tuna knows that MB3 is hungry and will perform week in and week out not just when he feels well enough to play...

S Jax might, but there is something about his run style (I can't put my finger on it) that worries me. Couple that with his tendancy to get banged up and I say RB15.

Jones IMHO will not bust out either. I don't beleive that he will get enough carries with MBIII sharing some RB duties.
I think Jones is a better runner with lightning quick moves and some power. SJax runs too upright for me, but can move the ball with some room. I think they both remain injury prone as Sjax runs too upright and will get hit too much. Jones shouldn't be hit as much but seems to get hurt more than he should.IMO when healthy Jones is a better RB

Now to answer the question...SJax because of no competition

Users who are viewing this thread