What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

S-Jax (1 Viewer)

What's up with this dude and his "quad" injury. I know he didn't practice today and is quesionable to doubtful if he doesn't practice, so what is the extent of his injury?

What's up with this dude and his "quad" injury. I know he didn't practice today and is quesionable to doubtful if he doesn't practice, so what is the extent of his injury?
i wouldn't expect too much this week.... seems like he has career issues recovering from injuries when i think about last year too.

Strained thigh muscle is what they seem to be calling it. Seemed to aggravate it last week.

Frustrating since it occurred at the very end of the Dallas game when the the game was out of hand and Jackson had already had a big day.

He has a tough matchup on the road versus the Jets anyway, so I'm hoping they sit him for the week and hopefully he'll be healthy down the stretch.

I'm not starting him this week. I personally think he should sit out a couple weeks to let it heal. Remember, he came back from a injury last year and went on a tear...not a bad gamble.

Remember that a "Quad strain" is the exact same injury that has basically kept Donte Stallworth down all year.

This could linger all year. I am starting MJD and J. Lewis over him this week. Can't trust him until he plays an entire game.

Deuce said:
This could linger all year. I am starting MJD and J. Lewis over him this week. Can't trust him until he plays an entire game.
I am with you...starting MJD and Turner over him........

Deuce said:
i too am sitting him for MJD and Turner.Wait, is Yitboss69 one of my many aliases. And if so did I type the above message and forget it? Might I forget ever having typed this one? Yitboss69, are you me? Please describe the rest of your line-up. :hophead:

Deuce said:
i too am sitting him for MJD and Turner.Wait, is Yitboss69 one of my many aliases. And if so did I type the above message and forget it? Might I forget ever having typed this one? Yitboss69, are you me? Please describe the rest of your line-up. :shrug:
Definitely plan on sitting him this week but want to know what the buzz is on him for the rest of the year. Think if he sits this week he'll be good? About to trade Plax and Deuece for him. (Already have Wayne, Bowe, and Marshall and Plax has been F'n me all year)

Owner in redraft league is looking to move Jackson.

Thinking about offering TO at this point. I have Jennings, Boldin, L. Moore, Walter, McDonald still on my team. Sure I can move Slaton or Turner if I want for a WR also.

Jackson just seems to be such a question with his injury history that I think I will pass on making this move.

gman8343 said:
WiDDoW_MaKeR said:
Remember that a "Quad strain" is the exact same injury that has basically kept Donte Stallworth down all year.
Is that right? I thought Stallworth's main issue was with his hamstring.
Nope. Stallworth had a hamstring injury coming into the season. However, it was during the pre-game warm-ups for the first game, that Donte "strained" his quad. He was out for ever... came back to play a few games... and now he is out again still because of the same quad strain.

wish someone (Sjax especially) had made it clear he would be limited last week... I sat Chris Johnson for him and it cost me a win... As much info as there is now out there- there are times when it's not quite enough or clear. I'll sit him and start CJ even against Chi this week.

Jackson (thigh) was not at practice Thursday, the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports.Spin: Kenneth Darby and Samkon Gado got the reps with the first team Thursday, with Jackson -- who is considered questionable for Week 10 -- sidelined. What Jackson does (or doesn't do) Friday at practice will largely determine if he suits up Sunday against the Jets.
Haslett made it clear that if SJax couldn't make it thru a practice, he wouldn't play. I'd start making other plans.

From The Belleville News Democrat:

Steven Jackson says it'll take "something miraculous'' to practice Friday

It’s looking highly unlikely that running back Steven Jackson will play this Sunday against the New York Jets.

Jackson didn’t participate in practice on Thursday for the second straight day, and unless he can practice at full speed on Friday, Rams coach Jim Haslett said he won’t play against the Jets.

Asked if it was realistic for him to do a full practice on Friday, Jackson said, “Probably not. A full practice, probably not to be honest with you. I’m surely hoping that I come in tomorrow and something miraculous happens tonight, and I feel like I can give a full practice like he’s wanting.’’

Jackson said he was hoping that Rams coach Jim Haslett would cut him some slack in the decree that he had to able to practice full speed by Friday.

“I’m hoping that maybe even Saturday if I can during the walk-through have my own personal practice and see if I am able to burst,’’ Jackson said. “Maybe he’ll that slide. I just wasn’t able today and yesterday to give him a full day’s work.’’

After attempting to play last Sunday, Jackson said he underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed some imflammation in his quad muscle.

“It was actually worse than the first MRI,’’ Jackson said. “Our thoughts were that maybe it was just a hard cut down, and it wasn’t ready, and that’s why it kind of swelled up on me.’’

Jackson said his strained quad muscle was getting better.

“It is getting better, but with a hamstring, a quad, a groin — those kind of injuries — one day you feel great and the next day the slightest movement or tweak can set you back,’’ Jackson said. “That’s what I am dealing with right now. One day I feel great, I feel like I can. And then when it’s time for me to show on the field that I am ready, it’s not responding the way we want it to.’’

Running backs Kenneth Darby and Samkon Gado shared the carries with the starting offense.

Antonio Pittman, who has a hamstring injury, ran on the sideline for the second straight day. Haslett said Pittman might attempt to practice on Friday, but he wasn’t sure what role he’d have in the offense if he was indeed healthy enough to play.

Haslett said running back Travis Minor, who sustained a concussion last Sunday against Arizona, will take a neuropsych test again on Friday. Minor failed to pass his neuropsych test earlier this week.

It’s looking highly unlikely that running back Steven Jackson will play this Sunday against the New York Jets.

Jackson didn’t participate in practice on Thursday for the second straight day, and unless he can practice at full speed on Friday, Rams coach Jim Haslett said he won’t play against the Jets.

Asked if it was realistic for him to do a full practice on Friday, Jackson said, “Probably not. A full practice, probably not to be honest with you. I’m surely hoping that I come in tomorrow and something miraculous happens tonight, and I feel like I can give a full practice like he’s wanting.’’

Jackson said he was hoping that Rams coach Jim Haslett would cut him some slack in the decree that he had to able to practice full speed by Friday.

“I’m hoping that maybe even Saturday if I can during the walk-through have my own personal practice and see if I am able to burst,’’ Jackson said. “Maybe he’ll that slide. I just wasn’t able today and yesterday to give him a full day’s work.’’

After attempting to play last Sunday, Jackson said he underwent an MRI on Monday that revealed some imflammation in his quad muscle.

“It was actually worse than the first MRI,’’ Jackson said. “Our thoughts were that maybe it was just a hard cut down, and it wasn’t ready, and that’s why it kind of swelled up on me.’’

“It is getting better, but with a hamstring, a quad, a groin — those kind of injuries — one day you feel great and the next day the slightest movement or tweak can set you back,’’ Jackson said. “That’s what I am dealing with right now. One day I feel great, I feel like I can. And then when it’s time for me to show on the field that I am ready, it’s not responding the way we want it to.’’

Running backs Kenneth Darby and Samkon Gado shared the carries with the starting offense.

Antonio Pittman, who has a hamstring injury, ran on the sideline for the second straight day. Haslett said Pittman might attempt to practice on Friday, but he wasn’t sure what role he’d have in the offense if he was indeed healthy enough to play.

Haslett said running back Travis Minor, who sustained a concussion last Sunday against Arizona, will take a neuropsych test again on Friday. Minor failed to pass his neuropsych test earlier this week.
So what are people thoughts on week 11. . . .that article makes it sound like he's close to playing this week. . .but at the end makes it sound like he's not sure when he will be healed. . . .talk about a skipping record compared to last season.

So what are people thoughts on week 11. . . .that article makes it sound like he's close to playing this week. . .but at the end makes it sound like he's not sure when he will be healed. . . .talk about a skipping record compared to last season.
I'm worried about him for week 11 and beyond too, but I think this is a good development. Just sit all week and get healthy. What's the point of rushing back for one game and staying nicked up all year. Jets D is tough anyway. if he can get healthy i love his schedule here on out.

I'm worried about him for week 11 and beyond too, but I think this is a good development. Just sit all week and get healthy. What's the point of rushing back for one game and staying nicked up all year. Jets D is tough anyway. if he can get healthy i love his schedule here on out.
I know a good chunk of us are thinking about making a move for him . . . .wonder what the chances are that he tanks the season vs blows up like last season.

I have heartburn

I sure hope he sits and heals. Probably overanalyzing this week but have to make a call tonight--and I'm sitting him.

So what's the plan for STL RB situation this week/ Any word on why Pittman didn't practice yesterday?

So what's the plan for STL RB situation this week/ Any word on why Pittman didn't practice yesterday?
Seems like it all comes down to today for Jackson - needs to put in a full practice to play.Pittman is slowed by a hammy and may practice today.I'm guessing it's going to be Darby with a sprinkling of Gado, although both will probably fare poorly anyway against a tough Jets run DEF.

Users who are viewing this thread