What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Salary Cap (1 Viewer)

thayman

Footballguy
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5361662

Report: NFL set to announce 2006 salary cap

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This

Scout.com

Posted: 8 hours ago

INDIANAPOLIS — The NFL's 2006 salary cap likely will be announced on Monday, an NFL source told Scout.com.

According to the source, the cap will be set at $95 million per team, on the high end of the $92-95 million figures that have been under discussion.

These same sources told Scout.com that members of one NFL organization are telling their staff that there is a very strong chance the Collective Bargaining Agreement will be extended by the March 3 deadline.

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This

Scout.com

INDIANAPOLIS — The NFL's 2006 salary cap likely will be announced on Monday, an NFL source told Scout.com.

According to the source, the cap will be set at $95 million per team, on the high end of the $92-95 million figures that have been under discussion.

These same sources told Scout.com that members of one NFL organization are telling their staff that there is a very strong chance the Collective Bargaining Agreement will be extended by the March 3 deadline.
These numbers indicate to me that their may be no salary cap for 2007.

Story Tools:       

Print    Email    Blog This   

Scout.com

Expound please. :coffee:

Story Tools:

Print Email Blog This

Scout.com

The number doesn't appear to include local revenue. If it did, I would expect the salary cap to be around 100 million or 106 million. And if the CBA does not include local revenue, the players were not going to sign on for the continuation of a salary cap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Story Tools:       

Print    Email    Blog This   

Scout.com

The number doesn't appear to include local revenue. If it did, I would expect the salary cap to be around 100 million or 106 million. And if the CBA does not include local revenue, the players were not going to sign on for the continuation of a salary cap.
Interesting. Good info. :thumbup:

I'm very curious to see what happens.....I'd like some sort of cap to stay in place, but who knows.....

I'm very curious to see what happens.....I'd like some sort of cap to stay in place, but who knows.....
As would I. My team (The Vikings) could be hurt the worst.
It will hurt everyone overall. I think the league would still have a decent turnaround. But where as you have a team that can rebuild for two years, and then be in the playoff mix, I think it will probably stretch out to more of a 4-5 year rebuilding process.

As would I. My team (The Vikings) could be hurt the worst.
It will hurt everyone overall. I think the league would still have a decent turnaround. But where as you have a team that can rebuild for two years, and then be in the playoff mix, I think it will probably stretch out to more of a 4-5 year rebuilding process.
Possibly. For the Vikings', the State owns the Dome so the State gets the majority of parking revenue, majority of concession stand sales and a portion of the luxury boxes (which are not very nice at all). In addition to not having these local revenue streams, the Vikings still have to pay rent on top of it.

Yes but Wilf seems to be a pretty good owner so far. Seems like a really good business guy.....I'm willing to bet that he really maximizes the revnue streams into the organization

Yes but Wilf seems to be a pretty good owner so far. Seems like a really good business guy.....I'm willing to bet that he really maximizes the revnue streams into the organization
It would seem that way. But he will need to get that stadium built and ensure a large majority (if not all) the revenue goes to the Vikings instead of the State; since the State doesn't seem to willing to help him out.

Users who are viewing this thread