What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Salvaging a season at TE (1 Viewer)

Rudolph should be better with Freeman. Though Freeman was wildly inaccurate last night, he has more talent than Ponder or Cassel, and you would think that things will open up a bit for everyone there.

Rudolph should be better with Freeman. Though Freeman was wildly inaccurate last night, he has more talent than Ponder or Cassel, and you would think that things will open up a bit for everyone there.
But Ponder absolutely relied on Rudolph last year, even more-so in the redzone. Freeman very well may not. Cassell sure did make him relevant for a game.

Rudolph is a straight gamble.

Rudolph is 12th among TE targets and some of the guys ahead of him haven't had their bye yet. Not getting the red zone targets will hurt, but he has a pretty decent schedule going forward. Top 10 in terms of TE scoring in PPR. He's not Graham/Gronk/Gonzalez/Cameron but he on the bottom end of the TE1 tier.

Rudolph is 12th among TE targets and some of the guys ahead of him haven't had their bye yet. Not getting the red zone targets will hurt, but he has a pretty decent schedule going forward. Top 10 in terms of TE scoring in PPR. He's not Graham/Gronk/Gonzalez/Cameron but he on the bottom end of the TE1 tier.
With all that is 22nd in scoring. :mellow:

3rd to last in yards per pass.

2nd to last in TD passes.

Freeman is a career 57% completion guy who is at 43% this season in 4 starts.

:shiver;

I've got offers in for Reed but I doubt I get him. I guess I ride out the Graham and Gates trains and hope somebody gets hot again. Friggin TE's.

Anyone looking at Fleener again? He had a decent game Monday night, albeit a majority of his production came from one drive, and with Reggie Wayne out for the year, he becomes a top 3 target along with boom-or-bust Ty Hilton and drop machine Heyward-Bey (although Fleener probably falls in both categories as well).

Anyone looking at Fleener again? He had a decent game Monday night, albeit a majority of his production came from one drive, and with Reggie Wayne out for the year, he becomes a top 3 target along with boom-or-bust Ty Hilton and drop machine Heyward-Bey (although Fleener probably falls in both categories as well).
I like this, agree, he's also on bye right now.

Brandon Bostick deep leagues?
How about shallow leagues? Finley is gone for at least a month and probably longer. Has there been any indication he'll be the guy and not Quarless?
I'm banking on Bostick as a speculative add because of his basketball background. I don't know what he'll do it in reality but there's a possibility he could be gold. There are safer bets out there but I'm keeping my eye on him. From what I hear he was scout team player of the week many times and Had rave reviews from coaches for what that is worth. Also I have read that Quarless is not nearly as athletic.

I'm wondering on who has more upside.

G. Graham - the qb situation is bad and seems like the team is in a free fall.

Fasano - Reid has stated the TE is important in his system as a safety valve.

Bostick - If he is as good of a receiver as I read I would imagine he would get his shot to line up with Nelson and Boykin this week. Finley was producing when he played - I would imagine the other TE is the blocker and Bostck will receive.

What are your thoughts on the above mentioned guys, if you were trying to salvage a season at the TE position?

for better or for worse, i'm rolling with Fasano. FBG and Yahoo rankings seem to strongly disagree with me, but i just can't see any of the higher projected guys producing.

Rudolph, Cumberland, Housler, Chandler, Celek... only one i would even consider is Rudolph but the way the Vikings are going i'll take my chances with Fasano.

Seriously. It hurts when less hyped guys like Cameron and Thomas continuously go off while we're stuck looking at Beetlejuice on our roster.
I laughed pretty loudly reading this.

That said, previously as a Cook owner, it helps to know others were having to deal with this guy too.

Users who are viewing this thread