What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Francisco 49ers draft order: WR, CB, OL, S, RB, WR, OL, LB (57 Viewers)

Jalen Graham
I’m not at all impressed with Graham. He was abused after Greenlaw went down. And Achilles isn’t a quick recovery.
Agreed, but they see him as a player that might develop. He won't see the field much this season outside of special teams.
That’s tough because the lack of depth is a killer.
You're right. Looking at the LB depth, we should definitely add another....maybe sign Flannigan-Fowles back, he should be pretty cheap. Otherwise we have Warner, Kendricks and then a bunch of young, unproven guys.

Kawakami:

When Lynch and Shanahan talk about their defensive additions, I can guess a major theme:

Health

Floyd, Collins & Elliott all played at least 16 games last season. Of the adds, only Gross-Matos was under that line. He played 12. But played 17 in 2022.

Updated #49ers draft picks after trade for DT Maliek Collins:

Round 1, Pick 31 Overall
Round 2, Pick 63
Round 3, Pick 94
Round 4, Pick 123 (via Dal)
Round 4, Pick 130
Round 4, Pick 133 (Comp)
Round 5, Pick 176 (Comp)
Round 6, Pick 211 (Comp)
Round 6, Pick 215 (Comp)
Round 7, Pick 251

Nice pickup here!

Early Wednesday morning, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that the San Francisco 49ers are signing former Charger linebacker Eric Kendricks to a one-year deal.

With the move, the 49ers have now found their third linebacker, as Kendricks likely serves as the Oren Burks replacement after the latter hit free agency earlier this week.

Kendricks will also serve as the short term replacement for Dre Greenlaw, who tore his Achilles during the Super Bowl and is currently rehabbing the injury.

As a member of the Los Angeles Chargers last season, Kendricks was a team captain and recorded 117 tackles, which ranked second on the team, while playing in only 15 games.

Additionally, Kendricks added 3.5 sacks and a forced fumble in 2023, while breaking up six passes.

I have both Kendrick's and greenlaw in a dynasty league. Now both will be platooning and below average. Greenlaw already suffered from playing beside Warner.

Armstead released
He got $7M with the Jets. Glad the Niners didn’t pay him that much.
That’s it? I’m stunned the Niners’ offer was below that.
Most of the guys they got were 2/10 :shrug:
Armstead is better than the guy they traded a 7th rounder for and they are paying him $8 million IIRC.
Wait. Stop. My bad. I was thinking Kinlaw, not Armstead.

Mea culpa.
:doh:

I was putting lacquer on some pine shelving earlier - I must have huffed it.

Armstead is a FA.

Armstead released
He got $7M with the Jets. Glad the Niners didn’t pay him that much.
That’s it? I’m stunned the Niners’ offer was below that.
Most of the guys they got were 2/10 :shrug:
Armstead is better than the guy they traded a 7th rounder for and they are paying him $8 million IIRC.
Wait. Stop. My bad. I was thinking Kinlaw, not Armstead.

Mea culpa.
:doh:

I was putting lacquer on some pine shelving earlier - I must have huffed it.

Armstead is a FA.
Ha, well then yes I totally agree. Anything above $0 on Kinlaw would be higher than I wanted to go.

Hearing chatter about Aiyuk and the Jaguars having "mutual interest" on the socials, and that he started following some of their players on IG.

Jacksonville has pick #17.

Calvin Ridley just got a 4yr/$92mil with $50mil guaranteed from Tennessee. That Will be a starting point for Aiyuk.

What would we need to get to trade BA?

Hearing chatter about Aiyuk and the Jaguars having "mutual interest" on the socials, and that he started following some of their players on IG.

Calvin Ridley just got a 4yr/$92mil with $50mil guaranteed from Tennessee. That Will be a starting point for Aiyuk.

#17 is probably too low to get one of the all-world WR prospects available. If the AJ Brown deal is valid comparison, a deal there would look like #17 and a third rounder. Maybe SF likes Keon Coleman or another lower ranked WR as a replacement, and can use the extra pick to help restock the roster and the extra cap space to go get another big piece, like a Joey Bosa if he's released? I think I'd rather pay Aiyuk though. I could see a huge offensive regression if Kittle and Deebo continue to miss time and Purdy spends most of the year throwing to Jennings, Ronnie Bell, and whatever other WRs aren't in Shanahan's dog house at the moment.

Last edited:
Per Rapsheet:

A dark horse emerges: The Jaguars are closing in on a deal to add a huge presence to their defense, as they are set to sign former 49ers DT Arik Armstead, sources say.

Trent Baalke drafted Arik Armstead with the No. 17 overall pick in 2015, and now he is reportedly zeroing in on signing him after the 49ers cut him.

I hope this isn't true. He's such a smooth route runner. Purdy throws so many times to Aiyuk before he Aiyuk even makes a break because he has faith Aiyuk is going to win.

Jaguars are giving former 49ers DL Arik Armstead a three-year, $51 million deal (17 mil/yr)

He was scheduled to make $18 million in 2024 with SF before they asked him to take a pay cut.

Now he gets some guaranteed money and no state income tax going forward.

Last edited:
Jaguars are giving former 49ers DL Arik Armstead a three-year, $51 million deal (17 mil/yr)

He was scheduled to make $18 million in 2024 with SF before they asked him to take a pay cut.

Now he gets some guaranteed money and no state income tax going forward.
I think that deal is unlikely to age well given the injuries and it would have really contributed to the Niners' cap woes over the next couple years if they had given it to him. That said, it really sucks that he's leaving.

Right now our OL is the same below average line we had last season. We aren't winning a SB with that OL.
Yet they were a play or two away from winning it this year.

I agree they should focus on OL early in draft but this is a typical doom and gloom spin that you constantly bring to the thread. Tiring at times.

Right now our OL is the same below average line we had last season. We aren't winning a SB with that OL.

I agree they should focus on OL early in draft but this is a typical doom and gloom spin that you constantly bring to the thread. Tiring at times.
Doom and gloom. Lol. They haven't addressed the OL yet at all and unless they trade up in the draft or trade for a vet, they aren't finding a day one starter this offseason.

Current OL

Starters: LT Williams, LG Banks, C Brendel, RG Feliciano, RT McKivitz

Backups: LT Moore, LG Bartch, C Zakelj, RG Burford, RT DRAFT PICK?

Doom and gloom. Lol. They haven't addressed the OL yet at all and unless they trade up in the draft or trade for a vet, they aren't finding a day one starter this offseason.

Current OL

Starters: LT Williams, LG Banks, C Brendel, RG Feliciano, RT McKivitz

Backups: LT Moore, LG Bartch, C Zakelj, RG Burford, RT DRAFT PICK?
I don’t think people expected them to sign a FA o-lineman. They will probably address it in one or both of their first two picks. Part of the reason they went so d-line heavy in FA is so they don’t need to use an early pick there.

Again, they were a play or two from winning the Super Bowl with that group while the Eagles with the best OL in football were getting the crap kicked out of them. Yes, doom and gloom on your part 🍻

Kittle restructured & saves them $10M

Gotta be to extend Aiyuk.
I thought an extension would actually lower Aiyuk’s cap hit this year, at least that’s the way these things are usually structured. It’d be weird for them to front load a contract like that. Usually with younger players you backload the deal because you are more confident they’ll still be good near the end of the deal.

I thought an extension would actually lower Aiyuk’s cap hit this year, at least that’s the way these things are usually structured. It’d be weird for them to front load a contract like that. Usually with younger players you backload the deal because you are more confident they’ll still be good near the end of the deal.
He’s been waiting a long time - I doubt he’d be happy with a back-loaded deal at this point.

He’s been waiting a long time - I doubt he’d be happy with a back-loaded deal at this point.
They aren't backloaded in terms of cash payments, they are backloaded in terms of cap hits. Deebo for example got a $25 million signing bonus but his cap hit in year 1 was only like $6 million.

Former Saints CB Isaac Yiadom agrees to terms with 49ers, his agent reports.

A new, taller CB for the 49ers: Isaac Yiadom is 6-1 with 31 1/4-inch arms. He's coming off a very good season in coverage, by far his best: Yiadom's PFF coverage grade was 80.4 over 319 snaps (ranking him 16th among qualifying CBs). He allowed a rating of only 84.4 into his coverage. He played 47% of New Orleans' defense’s snaps last year, but a ton of action on special teams too.

An outside CB for New Orleans, his 11 PBUs last season was 6th in the NFL.

Could be a solid veteran addition for the #49ers.

SF sees Yiadom as a rising stock

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread