What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sanctuary Seekers to Sanctuary Cities. Why not? (1 Viewer)

How do you feel about the mayors, governors, and local law enforcement who have used human beings, particularly illegals including criminals, as a means to exact cost and retribution?

Do they get a free pass because you agree with their motives?
Are you ready to tell us which poster you actually are?  Or are you content to spout these odious views through an obvious alias?

Have you read any of the mayors’ statements on this? Obviously not. 

Also, are you aware that people seeking asylum are not illegal? Obviously not. 
Why are we assuming he is talking about asylum seekers when he says illegal immigrants?  There is a big difference between the two and it should be simple enough for even Trump to understand that difference.

There is a difference between not minding having illegal immigrants in your city and the city being able to support EVERY illegal immigrant. An even distribution of immigrants across the country could fill lots of blue collar jobs without much stress to the community (outside of the pearl clutching about possibly seeing a brown person). Obviously San Francisco does not have the capacity to provide housing and blue collars jobs for hundreds of thousands of people. Really the places that complain the most about immigrants are the places that would be best served to have them, rural areas and the towns that are dying because no one younger than 60 lives there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we assuming he is talking about asylum seekers when he says illegal immigrants?  There is a big difference between the two and it should be simple enough for even Trump to understand that difference.
If they’re in custody at the border they’re seeking asylum. If they were truly undocumented they wouldn’t be in custody; they would already be deported. Trump is trying to make these two groups one and the same, basically for bigoted reasons. His supporters are falling for it. 

Not sure Trump can tell the difference between a sausage biscuit and an egg mcmuffin at this stage of dementia 

If they’re in custody at the border they’re seeking asylum. If they were truly undocumented they wouldn’t be in custody; they would already be deported. Trump is trying to make these two groups one and the same, basically for bigoted reasons. His supporters are falling for it. 
I honestly assumed he was talking about transporting illegal immigrants that get caught to San Francisco and Seattle instead of deporting them back to Mexico.  OPEN BORDERS!!!

Dickies said:

I honestly assumed he was talking about transporting illegal immigrants that get caught to San Francisco and Seattle instead of deporting them back to Mexico. OPEN BORDERS!!!

You should never assume that Trump understands the words that he says.

I honestly assumed he was talking about transporting illegal immigrants that get caught to San Francisco and Seattle instead of deporting them back to Mexico.  OPEN BORDERS!!!
Trasnporting asylum seekers to liberal cities to own the libs!

Bingo.

It is just an opportunity for everyone who has called Trump a racist over the last three years to show that they really don't want those people in their cities. 

It is easy to talk the talk, but you put 100k illegals in any congressperson's hometown and they will change their tune.

Now they are all going on record saying they don't want the illegals.

Game. Set. Match. Trump doesn't need to bus anyone anywhere, the left has already backtracked their position on illegals, they don't want them in their backyard.

(just to recap the things the left has backtracked on in 2019: blackface, credibly accused rape, illegals in their cities
Local news showing people in Langley WA backtracking on being a sanctuary city. "We couldn't handle an influx of immigrants, we only have 14 people who work in city government and we don't have enough police."  lol

Local news showing people in Langley WA backtracking on being a sanctuary city. "We couldn't handle an influx of immigrants, we only have 14 people who work in city government and we don't have enough police."  lol
Why would the president of the USA inflict overwhelming of resources on a small town?

Trasnporting asylum seekers to liberal cities to own the libs!
Fine by me.  I know quite a few people (colleagues, friends, and clients) who were refugees and sought asylum to come here.  All of the ones I know are fantastic people with some of the most interesting life stories.  My best client is a doctor who was granted asylum from Iran in the early 80s.  

Langley Washington.  Population 1124.

Congress alone has the power  "To establish a uniform rule of naturalization... throughout the United States..."

- US Constitution.

@OpieI'd really like to hear a good Republican, conservative argument why the President has the power under the Constitution to usurp Congress' authority in this and then to employ a non-uniform policy of naturalizing foreign asylum seekers within the US.

Go.
:tumbleweed:  Guess no one was up to the task.  Surprising.

Fine by me.  I know quite a few people (colleagues, friends, and clients) who were refugees and sought asylum to come here.  All of the ones I know are fantastic people with some of the most interesting life stories.  My best client is a doctor who was granted asylum from Iran in the early 80s.  
I agree.  I live in one of the fastest growing cities in the USA.  Send us more people who want to be here!

Do you have any idea how silly you sound here? Langley Washington??

Your post is misleading on two fronts.

First off, no one involved with the city is talking about backtracking from their "sanctuary city" status.

Second, this story from KING (which is the only local news story about Langley I could find) contained one quote from a woman who expressed concern about the city being overwhelmed, but guess what? In the very next sentence, she says "It wouldn't make it easy, but I do think we have to open our hearts and work from there first, before we say 'No'."

Maricopa, outside of Bakersfield, has a population of 958, of which I can practically guarantee 957 are Trump fans. (I may be underestimating here.) Somebody ought to spread a rumor that the migrants are being sent there. It’ll be like that old movie The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming. The whole town will have their shotguns ready; they’ll be guarding every entrance. There won’t be enough pork rinds and beer to last the night. 

First off, no one involved with the city is talking about backtracking from their "sanctuary city" status.

Second, this story from KING (which is the only local news story about Langley I could find) contained one quote from a woman who expressed concern about the city being overwhelmed, but guess what? In the very next sentence, she says "It wouldn't make it easy, but I do think we have to open our hearts and work from there first, before we say 'No'."
From the article you linked.

Mayor Collison said if any immigrants were to be shipped to Langley, it would be more like a handful and they would all be accommodated.

Van Gerbig said if Trump keeps true to his tweet, her community would keep true to its word and welcome those asking for sanctuary.

Oh, I see you're back after you scurried away from the Seattle homeless discussion.  

From the article you linked.

Mayor Collison said if any immigrants were to be shipped to Langley, it would be more like a handful and they would all be accommodated.

Van Gerbig said if Trump keeps true to his tweet, her community would keep true to its word and welcome those asking for sanctuary.
Do you have any ideas how silly that sounds?  

Congress alone has the power  "To establish a uniform rule of naturalization... throughout the United States..."

- US Constitution.

@OpieI'd really like to hear a good Republican, conservative argument why the President has the power under the Constitution to usurp Congress' authority in this and then to employ a non-uniform policy of naturalizing foreign asylum seekers within the US.

Go.
So Congress can actually tell immigrants where they are going to live?

From coast to coast.

Sanctuary Cities List

States

California
Colorado
Illinois
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New Mexico
Oregon
Vermont

Cities and Counties

California

Alameda County
Berkley
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
Los Angeles
Monterey County
Napa County
Oakland
Riverside County
Sacramento County
San Bernardino County
San Diego County

San Francisco
San Francisco County
San Mateo County
Santa Ana
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Sonoma County
Watsonville

Colorado

Arapahoe County
Aurora
Boulder County
Denver
Denver County
Garfield County
Grand County
Jefferson County
Larimer County
Mesa County
Pitkin County
Pueblo County
Routt County
San Miguel County
Weld County

Connecticut

East Haven
Hartford

Florida

Alachua County
Clay County

Georgia

Clayton County
DeKalb County

Iowa

Benton County
Cass County
Franklin County
Fremont County
Greene County
Ida County
Iowa City
Iowa City, Johnson County
Jefferson County
Marion County
Monona County
Montgomery County
Pottawattamie County
Sioux County

Illinois

Chicago
Cook County

Kansas

Butler County
Harvey County

Louisiana

New Orleans

Massachusetts

Amherst
Boston
Cambridge
Concord
Lawrence
Newton
Northhampton
Somerville

Maryland

Baltimore
Montgomery County
Prince George's County

Michigan

Ingham County
Kalamazoo County
Kent County
Wayne County

Minnesota

Hennepin County

Mississippi

Jackson

Nebraska

Hall County
Sarpy County

New Jersey

Middlesex County
Newark
Ocean County
Union County

New Mexico

Bernalillo County
New Mexico County Jails
San Miguel

Nevada

Washoe County

New York

Albany
Franklin County
Ithaca
Nassau County
New York City
Omondaga County
St. Lawrence County
Wayne County

North Carolina

Buncombe County
Durham County
Forsyth County
Mecklenburg County
Orange County
Wake County

Ohio

Franklin County

Oregon

Baker County
Clackamas County
Clatsop County
Coos County
Crook County
Curry County
Deschutes County
Douglas County
Gilliam County
Grant County
Hood River County
Jackson County
Jefferson County
Josephine County
Lane Countyn
Lincoln County
Linn County
Malheur County
Marion County
Marlon County
Multnomah County
Polk County
Sherman County
Springfield
Tillamok County
Umatilla County
Union County
Wallowa County
Wasco County
Washington County
Wheeler County
Yamhill County

Pennsylvania

Bradford County
Bucks County
Butler County
Chester County
Clarion County
Delaware County
Eerie County
Franklin County
Lebanon County
Lehigh County
Lycoming County
Montgomery County
Montour County
Perry County
Philadelphia
Pike County
Westmoreland County

Rhode Island

Providence, Rhode Island
Rhode Island Department of Corrections

Virginia

Arlington County
Chesterfield County
Fairfax County

Vermont

Burlington
Montpelier
Winooski

Washington

Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Franklin County
Jefferson County
King County
Kitsap County
Pierce County
San Juan County
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Seattle
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Wallowa County
Whatcom County
Yakima County

Oh, I see you're back after you scurried away from the Seattle homeless discussion.  
This thread is about sanctuary seekers. Your attempts to hijack it and toss around snide personal attacks are not helping your credibility.

But feel free to defend your claim about a mythical local news story about people backtracking from being a sanctuary city.

Nice!  Glad my city made the list of a site that regularly propagates fake news about immigration.

You still didn't answer his question 
Whether he can do it or not, is not the point.
You'll see in my original post, "It'll never happen".

Reading comprehension.

So, what is your choice of sites that regularly propagates fake news about immigration?

I see quite a few red state locales on Opie's list. It will be interesting to see if Trump distributes the people evenly, or if he only sends them to blue state areas.

(Of course, this is all just hypothetical. Even Opie agrees that Trump is not being serious.)

Maricopa, outside of Bakersfield, has a population of 958, of which I can practically guarantee 957 are Trump fans. (I may be underestimating here.) Somebody ought to spread a rumor that the migrants are being sent there. It’ll be like that old movie The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming. The whole town will have their shotguns ready; they’ll be guarding every entrance. There won’t be enough pork rinds and beer to last the night. 
So, like a smaller version of Bakersfield?

It sounds like a plan to me.

The communities who've labeled themselves "sanctuary cities", obviously want to harbor those seeking sanctuary.
The Illegal immigrants are seeking "sanctuary and these communities have offered it."
According to the courts, they have to go somewhere, they can't be turned away.

It certainly sounds like a plan to me
It'll never happen...but it sounds like a plan.

So, why are all those Democrats who've been pushing for sanctuary cities, opposed to the idea?
I am all for it.  Make them citizens and give them a gun and ammo.  Plus healthcare and a bible.  

Users who are viewing this thread