What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SAT will assign a new score that factors in where you live and how much your parents make (1 Viewer)

Do you think the guy in the NY post article linked in this thread is a medical doctor?
You tell me

“Yet many taking the test that day didn’t face such issues: They had extra time because they’d been granted special accommodations after being diagnosed with a learning issue by a medical professional”.

But, yes, the guy in the article is a psychologist and not a medical doctor.

So let’s start over...

Your take on all psychologists is based on this one article?

You tell me

“Yet many taking the test that day didn’t face such issues: They had extra time because they’d been granted special accommodations after being diagnosed with a learning issue by a medical professional”.

But, yes, the guy in the article is a psychologist and not a medical doctor.

So let’s start over...

Your take on all psychologists is based on this one article?
My take on "all psychologists" is obviously not based only on this one article.

I didnt read anything about emotional support animals in that article. Did you?

My take on "all psychologists" is obviously not based only on this one article.

I didnt read anything about emotional support animals in that article. Did you?
No I did not read anything there about emotional support animals which is shocking since it was an article about something entirely different.  

Yes.  Companies say they have good paying jobs that they have problem filling with skilled workers.  I check what degrees people study in college today and I find the statistical trend surprising.  Link
Curious what your summary is from that which surprises you. There’s a lot of data there and none of it is reflected as a %.

I'm in no disagreement about the lower income people having to overcome difficult challenges that middle & upper middle class kids may not.  However, the super rich children have the challenge of affluenza.  So basically, lower income & high income 1% families should get a boost!

So far as I know this program was never enacted. My daughter and many of her friends took the SAT last weekend; none were asked to provide their parents’ salary. 

So far as I know this program was never enacted. My daughter and many of her friends took the SAT last weekend; none were asked to provide their parents’ salary. 
That's not part of it.  It was supposed to be general demographic data for the area that was already public knowledge.  "This school is in a district where the median income is...." that level of data.  I guess that's too much for some to know.  I guess all is not lost.  They do plan on still providing the data, just not in a score form.  

That’s not how it worked. It’s explained in the original post. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread