What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seahawks=Pretenders? (1 Viewer)

Brewtown

Footballguy
Seahawks

The Seahawks have only beaten 3 winning teams. That doesn't even tell the whole story, look at who those winning teams were and how they beat them.

Barely beat Dallas at home 13-10.

Barely beat the Giants at home (should have lost!).

Beat the Colts at home while they were resting their starters.

To top it all off they choked at home big time last year. There is NO WAY they make the Super Bowl! Look at their schedule and recent history!

Them choking at home last year is irrelevant since we are talking about this year's team. Yes, they had an easy schedule, but that doesn't mean they can't make it to and win the Super Bowl. See the '72 Dolphins and '99 Rams for more details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Them choking in the Very recent past=Irrelevent? Tell that to the Bills after their 1st Super Bowl lost. It may be a pattern!

Them choking in the Very recent past=Irrelevent? Tell that to the Bills after their 1st Super Bowl lost. It may be a pattern!
So, are you suggesting that a team that loses at home in the playoffs is therefore a choker and incapable of rebounding to win it all? What about the '94 49ers (they had lost a home title game the previous year to Dallas)? Or the '97 Broncos (they had lost at home to Jacksonville the previous year in the second round)? Or '02 Bucs, who had a stream of playoff losses before winning it all? Shall I go on?

Them choking at home last year is irrelevant since we are talking about this year's team.

Yes, they had an easy schedule, but that doesn't mean they can't make it to and win the Super Bowl. See the '72 Dolphins and '99 Rams for more details.
this is some fantastic logic...i guess the pats recent super bowl runs are irrelevant to them finding ways to win the playoffs this year. :rolleyes:

Them choking at home last year is irrelevant since we are talking about this year's team.

Yes, they had an easy schedule, but that doesn't mean they can't make it to and win the Super Bowl. See the '72 Dolphins and '99 Rams for more details.
this is some fantastic logic...i guess the pats recent super bowl runs are irrelevant to them finding ways to win the playoffs this year. :rolleyes:
You don't get it, either. The Seahawks are not some team that has a recent history of choking (losing to teams you probably shouldn't lose to) in the playoffs. Their only loss to an inferior opponent in the playoffs in recent years was last year's loss to the Rams, but the Rams were 3-0 against them last year, so it is more likely that the Rams simply matched up well against Seattle last year and that Seattle's loss was not a chokejob, but a loss to a team they didn't match up well against. The Patriots have a history of winning in the playoffs in recent history (3 of the last 4 years), so that is far more significant than one home Seattle loss as being an indicator of the recent past affecting their psyche in this year's playoffs.

Those are some nice examples, but those teams didn't lose to a team as weak as the Rams at home, and then come back next year and play as weak a schedule at Seattle. SF lost to a dynasty (Dallas)Denver lost to a very talented Jax team (after choking for years).I have the feeling that Seattle is a pretender. Again, look at their schedule. Can they win, yes anything is possible, I just don't think they will. The Giants, Redskins and Bears will beat them.They more than likely will lose to Washington this Sunday!

Those are some nice examples, but those teams didn't lose to a team as weak as the Rams at home, and then come back next year and play as weak a schedule at Seattle.

SF lost to a dynasty (Dallas)

Denver lost to a very talented Jax team (after choking for years).

I have the feeling that Seattle is a pretender. Again, look at their schedule. Can they win, yes anything is possible, I just don't think they will. The Giants, Redskins and Bears will beat them.

They more than likely will lose to Washington this Sunday!
The game is Saturday. Still smarting from the 4-12 season are you?

Seahawks

The Seahawks have only beaten 3 winning teams. That doesn't even tell the whole story, look at who those winning teams were and how they beat them.

To top it all off they choked at home big time last year. There is NO WAY they make the Super Bowl! Look at their schedule and recent history!
Whopped the Eagles in Philly 42-0, who then went out and played the Giants to OT in NY.Beat Atlanta when everyone was touting them as the class of the NFC after whopping Philly.

Swept their division, lost 2 games to playoff teams. Improved to #1 in Offense, #5 in defense.

Held Manning to 6 points in 3 RZ trips.

Bend but don't break D kept the Giants out of FG range 3 times.

Talk all the crap you want about their schedule, they didn't make it! What they did do is plow through nearly everyone the played, with their only significant loss (WAS) really a bunch of crap and bad calls from the ref.

21-4 or something like that at home in the past 3 years.

Only 1 100 yard rusher allowed all year and he needed OT to do it.

MVP, Rushing title, 7 probowlers (5 starters on O), runner up for DROY, TD record etc...

Yeah, what a joke of a team.

Yes, they had an easy schedule, but that doesn't mean they can't make it to and win the Super Bowl.  See the '72 Dolphins and '99 Rams for more details.
You don't get it, either. The Seahawks are not some team that has a recent history of choking (losing to teams you probably shouldn't lose to) in the playoffs. Their only loss to an inferior opponent in the playoffs in recent years was last year's loss to the Rams, but the Rams were 3-0 against them last year, so it is more likely that the Rams simply matched up well against Seattle last year and that Seattle's loss was not a chokejob, but a loss to a team they didn't match up well against. The Patriots have a history of winning in the playoffs in recent history (3 of the last 4 years), so that is far more significant than one home Seattle loss as being an indicator of the recent past affecting their psyche in this year's playoffs.
Last two playoff losses."We're gonna get the ball and we're gonna score!". Didn't happen lost in overtime! Dreadlocks took it to the rizzle!

---Last year dropping a ball in the end zone.

I see a pattern here. Sloppy! Not a winner in my book!

I have the feeling that Seattle is a pretender. Again, look at their schedule. Can they win, yes anything is possible, I just don't think they will. The Giants, Redskins and Bears will beat them.

They more than likely will lose to Washington this Sunday!
I am also not convinced that Seattle is that good, but I am just saying that I wouldn't put too much stock in last year's loss to the Rams. You seem to want to say that if they lose, it will be because they are a choke team. I say they are one of the weakest number 1 seeds ever and if they lose, it will be because they played a team that is playing better than them. I think any of the remaining NFC teams can beat them in Seattle.

Seahawks

Whopped the Eagles in Philly 42-0, who then went out and played the Giants to OT in NY.Beat Atlanta when everyone was touting them as the class of the NFC after whopping Philly.

Swept their division, lost 2 games to playoff teams. Improved to #1 in Offense, #5 in defense.

Talk all the crap you want about their schedule, they didn't make it! What they did do is plow through nearly everyone the played, with their only significant loss (WAS) really a bunch of crap and bad calls from the ref.

MVP, Rushing title, 7 probowlers (5 starters on O), runner up for DROY, TD record etc...

One could make the argument that their easy schedule allowed them to hold every rusher except one to under 100 yards and to accumulate more individual numbers to get more pro bowlers.

Last two playoff losses."We're gonna get the ball and we're gonna score!". Didn't happen lost in overtime! Dreadlocks took it to the rizzle!

---Last year dropping a ball in the end zone.

I see a pattern here. Sloppy! Not a winner in my book!
Green Bay was the better team that year, so why is losing to them in overtime shameful?Besides, Hasselbeck's INT was why they lost. How does one player making a fateful mistake make the entire team chokers?

SeahawksThe Seahawks have only beaten 3 winning teams. That doesn't even tell the whole story, look at who those winning teams were and how they beat them.

Whopped the Eagles in Philly 42-0, who then went out and played the Giants to OT in NY.

Beat Atlanta when everyone was touting them as the class of the NFC after whopping Philly.

One could make the argument that their easy schedule allowed them to hold every rusher except one to under 100 yards and to accumulate more individual numbers to get more pro bowlers.

You could, except that most of those players were probowlers or alternates each of the last 2 years also. I'm not trying to say that the easy schedule (which wasn't easy at the beginning of the year) hasn't helped. but we've beaten good and bad teams alike and put up record numbers all year long, continuing last year's trend. Saying Jones and Hutch and Alexander are in the probowl because of an easy schedule is a disrespect to them.

Dunn, Portis, Vick, S jackson, James, Taylor etc... NO 100 yarders among the good teams. Tough to argue easy schedule when you hold the good teams down too.

Saying Jones and Hutch and Alexander are in the probowl because of an easy schedule is a disrespect to them.
I agree. But remember, I didn't say that. I merely said one could make the argument.
Dunn, Portis, Vick, S jackson, James, Taylor etc... NO 100 yarders among the good teams. Tough to argue easy schedule when you hold the good teams down too.
How many 100 yard rushing games did Vick or Taylor have against anyone this season?The Seahawks receive ZERO credit for holding James to under 100 yards (he only had 13 carries) when Manning didn't even play half of the game and the Colts treated it like a preseason game.

Jackson only had two 100-yard rushing games all season, so I don't see how holding him to under 100 is noteworthy.

Portis had a pretty good game, but ended up with 90 yards.

Dunn only had 16 carries against Seattle, as Atlanta fell behind by 21 at the half.

Hey Seahawk fans, I have a question for you.

What was your biggest win this year? And why?
Hey Packers fan have a question for you: How many games did the Packers win and how did they win any (besides playing the Seahawks third string)? How many will they win the next three years (less than Seattle won this year)? All those good teams, one of the best QBs ever, and one Super Bowl.

Based on your logic then, I think we should dismiss the following 5 teams. They had the easiest schedules in the NFL:Seattle .430 schedule strengthTB .449Carolina .449Chicago .457Indy .457Indy had the easiest schedule in the AFC. Guess we won't be seeing them in the Superbowl either.

I am not a Seattle fan, but I suspect most would say the Giants game, to which you would probably say they were lucky to win, but I disagree. Why is Seattle's fault that the Giants have an unreliable kicker? If the Giants were really the better team, they would have a reliable kicker who can make the big kicks, right? Heck, take away Vinatieri and the Patriots might still be playing to win their first Super Bowl!

Based on your logic then, I think we should dismiss the following 5 teams. They had the easiest schedules in the NFL:

Seattle .430 schedule strength

TB .449

Carolina .449

Chicago .457

Indy .457

Indy had the easiest schedule in the AFC. Guess we won't be seeing them in the Superbowl either.
You forgot about the choke factor! That regular season losses last year to St Louis and Dallas at home were the biggest choke jobs I have ever seen! Then they top it off with another choke job at home in the playoffs to St. Louis. They are chokers! Bottom Line!

What was your biggest win this year?  And why?
I am not a Seattle fan, but I suspect most would say the Giants game, to which you would probably say they were lucky to win, but I disagree. Why is Seattle's fault that the Giants have an unreliable kicker? If the Giants were really the better team, they would have a reliable kicker who can make the big kicks, right? Heck, take away Vinatieri and the Patriots might still be playing to win their first Super Bowl!
:goodposting: Seahawks should not have won the Giants game but should not have lost the Redskins game (Brown missed a last second FG). It all evens out in the NFL to me. I'm not saying the Seahwaks are unbeatable or any kind of guarantee but since it's a Packer fan with the thread, the thought of losing Holmgren and the 4-12 season comes bubbling to the surface. Have fun with that.

The Giants. Also the Rams in StL. The Giants because we have lost those close games in the past and had the breaks go against us. That was a heavy weight off the back that we were getting the breaks and bounces and winning close games.The Rams because they swept u slast year and were the key to winning the division. Beating them IN StLouis was another big monkey off the back.

Based on your logic then, I think we should dismiss the following 5 teams. They had the easiest schedules in the NFL:

TB .449

Carolina .449

Chicago .457

Indy .457
Question: where does that information come from? I'm not challenging it, just would like to look at it all. Thanks.

That was a great win Ghost Rider! I guess you have no earth shattering wins this year. Combine that with your history of choking and you a recipie for disaster!

TB .449

Carolina .449

Chicago .457

Indy .457

Indy had the easiest schedule in the AFC. Guess we won't be seeing them in the Superbowl either.
You forgot about the choke factor! That regular season losses last year to St Louis and Dallas at home were the biggest choke jobs I have ever seen! Then they top it off with another choke job at home in the playoffs to St. Louis. They are chokers! Bottom Line!
Why do you keep talking about last year? This is a much different Seahawks team this year. If we are talking last year, then the Redskins should have no shot to beat them next week, right? After all, the Redskins were not a very good team last year and that will carry over to this year's playoffs, right? :rolleyes:

TB .449

Carolina .449

Chicago .457

Indy .457

That was last year right? When did they choke this year? If previous years were the only judge of things then shouldn't the Pack be in the SB again? Guess Seattle IS the biggest playoff chokers. Oh wait I forgot, 4th and 26

TB .449

Carolina .449

Chicago .457

Indy .457
Question: where does that information come from? I'm not challenging it, just would like to look at it all. Thanks.
That would be NFL.com. Go to Conference Standings.

That was a great win Ghost Rider! I guess you have no earth shattering wins this year. Combine that with your history of choking and you a recipie for disaster!
Okay, you are clearly an idiot. I clearly said I was not a Seattle fan, but you are obviously here to just talk #### and not listen to anything anyone says. My suggestion to you is to get off of the computer before your mother finds out what you are doing and grounds you for a week. Good luck in high school.

Hey Packers fan have a question for you: How many games did the Packers win and how did they win any (besides playing the Seahawks third string)? How many will they win the next three years (less than Seattle won this year)? All those good teams, one of the best QBs ever, and one Super Bowl.
All I have to say!

Okay, you are clearly an idiot. I clearly said I was not a Seattle fan, but you are obviously here to just talk #### and not listen to anything anyone says. My suggestion to you is to get off of the computer before your mother finds out what you are doing and grounds you for a week. Good luck in high school.
:lmao:

All I have to say!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/standingsAnd how old were you when the Packers won their last Super Bowl? 3? 4?

All I have to say!
You really live in the past. Current team is worse than the 76 Buccaneers. 1-15 next year and this thread is officially spent. :popcorn:

All I have to say!
You really live in the past. Current team is worse than the 76 Buccaneers. 1-15 next year and this thread is officially spent. :popcorn:
I didn't bring up the Packers. U did. There is truth to what I say, and I know, sometimes the truth hurts. You'll find out. Just keep watching these NFL Playoffs.

There is truth to what I say, and I know, sometimes the truth hurts.
Yes, it does. But not as much as 4th and 26.
Just keep watching these NFL Playoffs.
Okay. When do the Packers play?
As I was pondering how much the past affects the present I came to this conclusion. Even though they lost last year at home, they're the only NFC team to return to the playoffs. So I guess since no one else was in last year we have the inside track, since we all know last years' performances are the ONLY indicators of this year's performance.

As I was pondering how much the past affects the present I came to this conclusion. Even though they lost last year at home, they're the only NFC team to return to the playoffs. So I guess since no one else was in last year we have the inside track, since we all know last years' performances are the ONLY indicators of this year's performance.
Well-played. :thumbup: And what happened to Brewtown? I am guessing one of the following happened:

a) his mother found out what he was up to and took away his internet privileges

b) he is crying into his pillow thinking about 4th and 26

c) he is enjoying some cheese with his w(h)ine

Not a Hawks fan, but probably Philly.
If the Giants were really the better team, they would have a reliable kicker who can make the big kicks, right?
Sorry but this is just stupid. It's Jay Feely we're talking about, he's one of the top 5 kickers in the league. Coughlin or somebody said something about this-'Everybody remembers when you screw up, nobody remembers when you do it right.'

Well-played. :thumbup: And what happened to Brewtown? I am guessing one of the following happened:

a) his mother found out what he was up to and took away his internet privileges

b) he is crying into his pillow thinking about 4th and 26

c) he is enjoying some cheese with his w(h)ine
I don't want to get personal with him, but it's a bunch of sour grapes from him.. He's just upset that the last time his team had anything to cheer about was when Bob Marley picked off a Seahawk pass only to have their hopes crushed by a WR whose only claim to fame is the 4th/26 reception. His only playing claim that is, his mouth is well doumented. That's right, you got beat by Freddy "Nobody Will Hire Me' Mitchell.

Not a Hawks fan, but probably Philly.
If the Giants were really the better team, they would have a reliable kicker who can make the big kicks, right?
Sorry but this is just stupid. It's Jay Feely we're talking about, he's one of the top 5 kickers in the league. Coughlin or somebody said something about this-'Everybody remembers when you screw up, nobody remembers when you do it right.'
The Philly win was unimportant. Great win but Philly was alredy crushed by then. The Giants win was the big turnaraound, just like losing to the Rams was the big downturn last year.As for how good the Giants are, if they WERE a better team they would've gotten Feely closer to the posts, or picked up the first downs to score TDs instead of FGs. But that's right, the #5 Defense kept them outside the 30 yard lines (and some would say out of the endzone in general since at least one of those TDs should've been overturned).

Oh well, I gues we'll just have to settle for GB fans calling us overrated while their team is out on the golf course watching and wondering what it was llike to win a SB oh so many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread