What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Seattle @ San Diego Game Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Turner is money...I think LT is the clear number 1 based mostly on his back up.

I have little faith in MoMorris, and I don't see the backups in KC doing much if LJ can't or went down. LT/Turner is the best combo in the top3.

Catch or no, Engram is underrated . . .
Feel like a loner on the Engram bandwagon. Been trying to tell everyone that he will produce at a better clip than Burleson. Awful lonely on that wagon so far.
I have him in almost every league...somewhere around the 18th in all of them.
I got him as an undrafted FA in 2. Was going to drop him but with DJax still out he makes a good dynsasty #6 WR. Maybe 5 with Greg Jennings #6, but it's hard to decide between those 2. Favre's #2 or Hass's #2.

Feel like a loner on the Engram bandwagon. Been trying to tell everyone that he will produce at a better clip than Burleson. Awful lonely on that wagon so far.
I have him in almost every league...somewhere around the 18th in all of them.
I got him as an undrafted FA in 2. Was going to drop him but with DJax still out he makes a good dynsasty #6 WR. Maybe 5 with Greg Jennings #6, but it's hard to decide between those 2. Favre's #2 or Hass's #2.
In last week's game, Engram had more targets than Burleson . . .

Rookie DE Darryl Tapp was held on that TD run. Guys who spell their first name all funky like that deserve to get held.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: That's my reasoning as well.People can say, well LT has never been seriously hurt. Doesn't matter to me when determining between the top 3. Turner can put up RB1 numbers. The kid isn't exactly doing this against nobody defenses. Huge run vs. Chicago's #1 defense 2 weeks ago (one of the most impressive runs of anyone this preseason) + this one vs. Seattle's #1 defense. We're talking 2 of the top 7-8 defenses in the league.

I like when RB grab their OL in front of them and use them like battering rams like he did on the screen...that is something he got from LT or maybe it isn't coachable but this guy was pretty good before he got to the NFL...however learning for 2 years behind LT...crazy.

Maybe we get a combo like Thurman THomas/Kenneth Davis in Buffalo...FF owenrs might not like that but Turner will see some time this season.

I can't wait to see LT in this offense. Granted Turner is awesome, but LT is one of the best RB's ever and the O-Line seems to be much improved from last year when they fell off due to the loss of Hudson Houck (sp?).

I think it's probably good for Rivers to have a couple rough games like this in the preseason. He's smart and it will make him better faster.

:goodposting: That's my reasoning as well.People can say, well LT has never been seriously hurt. Doesn't matter to me when determining between the top 3. Turner can put up RB1 numbers. The kid isn't exactly doing this against nobody defenses. Huge run vs. Chicago's #1 defense 2 weeks ago (one of the most impressive runs of anyone this preseason) + this one vs. Seattle's #1 defense. We're talking 2 of the top 7-8 defenses in the league.
And he has only avg 5.5 yds per carry since he got to the NFL 2 years ago.

I'm drinking the kool aid...In my three leagues, I've taken him at 14.10 and 16.02. In the third league, he's an FA right now, but I'm trying to find a way to fit him on that team now.I currently have RWhite, Booker and CWilson. I have them all being in the same band of receivers. I've not been able to see him play until tonight and all I've seen Engram do is not catch two balls tonight...would like to see him pull those in to justify dropping someone for him.

What an entertaining game. 14-14 1st quarter still. Do you like offense with your football? But there have been some great defensive plays too including Merriman. You have to like this brand of football.

Hasselbeck has looked good stepping forward into the pocket.

Nice catch by Burleson there. Nearly converted a third and 16.

Current target count:

Morris I

Burleson III

Engram II

Mili III

Heller I

M. M ann I

In one Dynasty I have Driver, Wayne, Walker, Slallworth. Greg Jennings and Engram. Who to drop or put in DTS? Have Avant too.

I didn't know Burleson's contract was that big - 7 years, $49 mil
It's not. Realistically it's 4 years and something like 13.5 mil.49 mil was just a slap at the vikings after they stole Hutchinson for that amount from them.

Itula Mili strained knee. Out and limped to locker room. Seattle officially out of TEs. Heller next in line.

Turner = Larry Johnson (power and speed)

The kid is a mega-stud. I vultured him in the 9th round of my keeper draft away from the LT owner. Marty stated he is going to try and get him more carries during the season. And if LT continues to have nagging injuries, then I might get a start of two out of him this year. :popcorn:

Turner = Larry Johnson (power and speed)The kid is a mega-stud. I vultured him in the 9th round of my keeper draft away from the LT owner. Marty stated he is going to try and get him more carries during the season. And if LT continues to have nagging injuries, then I might get a start of two out of him this year. :popcorn:
Yeah, I heard the plan is to use both of them in the backfield more often and move Tomlinson to the slot on a lot of passing downs, leaving Turner as the lone back.

Updated Seattle target count:

Morris I

Burleson IIIII

Engram II

Mili III

Heller II

M. M ann II

Of note, Engram no longer in game. He and Alexander sat after first quarter.

Hasselbeck getting pissed without his weapons.

Alexander, Jackson, Engram, Stevens, and Mili not playing.

Users who are viewing this thread