What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SF Defense? With Smith/Willis likely out...? (1 Viewer)

TheDirtyWord

Footballguy
...which part of their defense do you feel is more significantly compromised?

Run Defense or Pass defense?

I'd love to hear reasoning if possible as to why you think so rather than 2 word responses.

Slightly of topic, but is the SF D droppable? They were just dropped in my re-draft league. They have put up putrid numbers so far.

ahartig said:
Slightly of topic, but is the SF D droppable? They were just dropped in my re-draft league. They have put up putrid numbers so far.
They've been over valued because they are a good NFL defense, not so much for fantasy though.. Idk if I would drop them yet, unless you took them in the last 2 or 3 rounds.

I suspect their defense has to take hit. Nnamdi is hurt also-for what that's worth. Willis is so good in coverage that Jared Cook might be a better play than normal this week despite his disappearing act the last 2.

Thursday night games last year seemed to have reduced offensive fireworks compared to Sun/Mon games, too. They'll be desperate to not go to 1-3, so this week I'd expect them to perform well on national TV. Going forward is a different story. If Willis is out an extended period of time I can't see how they don't see a decrease in performance.

Keep in mind that SF opened with 3 playoff teams, including probably the 2 best teams in the NFC. But yeah, the D has played awful. PWilly looks broken (and now he is).

Cards/Titans/Jags looks pretty sweet coming up for SF.

They were the "best defense" in the NFL a few years ago because they had the league's best game manager at QB, and because they got to feast on an abortion of a division schedule.

Now, they're running a much higher-octane, higher-risk offense that doesn't constantly put the D in good positions, and the division is among the strongest in football.

It's a middling defense. :shrug:

Oh, and the answer is, "of course they're droppable." They're a defense. Seattle and the Chiefs are droppable, too.

Users who are viewing this thread