What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#SFB11 - Scott Fish Bowl & Satellite Leagues (1 Viewer)

Dammit, after my Kyler / Dak / Chubb start it came back around to me with Swift, CEH, and Dobbbins all on the board and me having 2 of the next 6 picks.  I took Swift but CEH, Dobbins, and even Sanders all went before my pick.  I'm up with the following available: Jacobs, Montgomery, Gaskin, Hunt (good to pair with Chubb in case one goes down and the other gets full load?), D Carr, Goedert, L Thomas, Robinson, Woods, Cooper, Lamb.

Too early for a TE?  Don't have one yet and missed the tier drop at RB.  

Take Cooper or Lamb to pair with Dak?  Not sure that matters in satellite where is only cumulative points?

Hunt with Chubb to cover that production and then hit WR hard for a bunch of guys in best ball format?

Tough call...
Went Montgomery, long wait before my next pick and the RB well will probably dry up.  Looks like I will take a spray and pray approach to WR since its best ball.

Pretty obvious that the way the Flex is configured, intersecting with the scoring system, that's the reason why WR are getting pushed down the Drafts. I love a 11-man Lineup that includes 4 Flex spots, no Defense/ST and optional PK...but when you're allowed to use all your FL at any of RB(2-6), WR(3-7) and TE(1-5), combined with these particular scoring parameters, it's what's going to happen.

You can only start 1-2 QB. Great. I can get behind allowing all 4 FL at WR, but allowing it for RB and TE skews the Draft.

They tweak the lineup/scoring rules every year, but this year, it seems like they might have been 'tweaking', themselves. I enjoy exotic rule sets that force you to think outside the box. As a Commissioner/Founder of many Leagues for over 20 years, I pride myself on doing just that...but this year's approach is like 'pieces parts' - everything including the kitchen sink, along with the totally unnecessary 3rd-Round Reversal.

http://www.janeskrazy.com/

That being said, I'm thrilled to be involved, and hope to get lucky enough to land a ME berth for 2022.
I was just reading folks comments about the scoring and how that is pushing the value of WR down.

I thought SFB had points for offensive snaps and points for rushing attempts, or at least it has in years past IIRC and if it did right now, that WR value would be looking relatively a lot worse.

Rd 4: Harris, Sanders, Ridley, Edwards-Helaire, Gibson, Cousins, Gaskins, Swift, Metcalf, Hockenson, Jefferson, Brown
Rd 5: Mayfield, Allan, Thomas, Lamb. Dobbins, Tagovailoa, Montgomery, Andrews, Goedart, Carr, Carson, Jacobs

I do not play a whole lot of DFS other than free stuff but if Evan Silva says do a stack, then I am listening.  Andrews was available at 5.08 so I pulled the trigger.   

My team: Jackson, Brady, Mixon, Gibson, Andrews

I made a bet with myself, that I lost. By a hair. Will follow up on that.

We have an auto-drafter (from MFL ADP) in our room. 6th pick, so right smack in the middle of each Round. As if there wasn't enough variance already. It's already having an effect.

In the meantime, until the games begin, I'm going to encourage myself that Mahomes/Brady will both make my starting lineup every week, and lap the field at QB and Flex, and that my Dobbins/Andrews stack at 36/37 is going to pay off, big time.

3rd Round Reversal in a 12-Team League is entirely unnecessary.

After 6: Mahomes, Brady, Dobbins, Hunt, Woods, Andrews.

Also wanted to confirm because when I was looking at scoring and rules it said best ball. Is this a best ball so no need to set a lineup?

Also, what makes it TE premium?  Looks like the same scoring from TE to WR.  .5 per reception and .5 first down

Last edited by a moderator:
SFB11 is not best ball.  Set your lineup and watch mediocre QB play cost dearly.  It is TE premium because the TE gets an extra 0.5 per reception and extra 0.5 per first down.

SFB11 Rules

Well, that escalated quickly.  With best ball I'm now all in on spray and pray for receivers after this start:

Kyler, Dak, Chubb, Swift, Montgomery, Hunt, Wentz

Each time my pick was up seemed like a tier drop in QB or RB and no WR's or TE's on the board stood out from the others at that point.

Well, that escalated quickly.  With best ball I'm now all in on spray and pray for receivers after this start:

Kyler, Dak, Chubb, Swift, Montgomery, Hunt, Wentz

Each time my pick was up seemed like a tier drop in QB or RB and no WR's or TE's on the board stood out from the others at that point.
WR mega-deep, especially with best-ball where you can put together a 'pieces-parts'/Frankenstein corps of WR that approximate an elite build.

I think your start is pretty neat! Kyler/Dak/Wentz (I'm optimistic about Wentz) gives you a good chance of QB winding up in FL, and Chubb/Swift/Monty/Hunt gives you your 2RB starters and another 2 nice FL...with some creative drafting, at a point where the draft is chock-full of what you're lacking, you can use 6-8 picks to build the 3 mandatory WR you need. Build a TE the same way. PK will be an interesting position for you, maybe? Don't have to start any, but can start up to 4...at some point, PK are going to be scoring on par with some of the WR you're going to be considering for those last few spots. Should be a fun ride!

I agree WR is super deep and I have elected not to pick one yet.  Team so far

QB: Dak, Watson, Winston, Hill

RB: CEH, Dobbins, M. Sanders, J. Williams

WR: None

TE: Kittle

I think I am going to have to draft one coming up, but I still like some QBs and RBs.  Big gap for my next pick so will probably thin that out.

I may keep this up, I’m up around the turn at 8.10 and have 2 off the next 6 picks.  I have no TEs yet and these are all available: Fant, Thomas, Higbee, Tonyan, Gesicki. May grab two, what do you think?

Rd 5: Mayfield, Allan, Thomas, Lamb. Dobbins, Tagovailoa, Montgomery, Andrews, Goedart, Carr, Carson, Jacobs
Rd 6: A. Robinson, Roethlisberger, McLaurin, Etienne, Evans, J. Williams, Woods, Cooper, Godwin, Davis, Hunt, Fields

Rd 7: Kupp, D.J. Moore, Fitzpatrick, J. Jones, Lockett, Edmonds, Watson, Chase, Golladay, Thielen, Wentz, Diontae Johnson

Rd 8: Daniel Jones, Beckham Jr., Higgins, Aiyuk, Claypool, Carter, Jeudy, Fant, Sermon, David Johnson, J. Robinson, Sutton

My team: Jackson, Brady, Mixon, Gibson, Andrews, Evans, Chase, Claypool

Evans to stack with Brady, so I have two viable stacks.  No risk it, no biscuit.  I went with Ja'Marr Chase and Claypool on upside potential.  The WRs just looked good to me rounds 6-8.  I have my core starters in place, so I can target any position for a while.  At the back end of the draft, I am going to hammer RBs.  Hard to predict, so throw a lot of darts and maybe hit on someone like James Robinson, Myles Gaskin, Mike Davis.

I may keep this up, I’m up around the turn at 8.10 and have 2 off the next 6 picks.  I have no TEs yet and these are all available: Fant, Thomas, Higbee, Tonyan, Gesicki. May grab two, what do you think?
I feel like Kramer on the test drive when they kept pushing how far they could go before the tank hit empty...  Kyler, Dak, Chubb, Swift, Montgomery, Hunt, Wentz, Fant, Higbee.

9 rounds... no WRs.  :oldunsure:

After 8: Mahomes, Brady, Dobbins, Hunt, Woods, Beckham, Andrews, Higbee

Or, put another way:

Mahomes/Brady...Dobbins/Andrews (Ravens)...Hunt/Beckham (Browns)...Woods/Higbee (Rams)

I had some other stack plans brewing at the 9/10 turn, but Robby Anderson was sticking out like a sore thumb, so I put them on hold. Time to add a 3rd RB, went upside all the way with Pollard over a bunch of unexciting options. Michael Carter was there, as well, but I'm not betting on any Jets in July.

After 10: Mahomes, Brady, Dobbins, Hunt, Pollard, Woods, Beckham, RAnderson, Andrews, Higbee

Rd 9: Boyd, Wilson, Anderson, Goff, Chark, Waddle, Smith-Schuster, L. Thomas, Fuller, Cooks, Irv Smith Jr., Gesicki

Rd 10: Mostert, Darnold, Moss, Gordon, Higbee, C. Samuel, Devonta Smith, D. Harris, Shenault, D. Samuel, Tonyan, Gallup

I would have taken JuJu but got sniped.  So I loaded up (a bit overkill) at TE with Thomas and Higbee.  I need to pound RBs/WRs for a while.  

My team:

QB: Jackson, Brady

RB: Mixon, Gibson

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool

TE: Andrews, Thomas, Higbee

I feel like Kramer on the test drive when they kept pushing how far they could go before the tank hit empty...  Kyler, Dak, Chubb, Swift, Montgomery, Hunt, Wentz, Fant, Higbee.

9 rounds... no WRs.  :oldunsure:
And we’re on the board with Robby Anderson and Jerry Jeudy as my WR1 and WR2 in rounds 10 (WR35) and 11 (WR37).  Also thought about Gronk who was there and may be decent for best ball but I felt like with three WR spots that will have to score I needed to get cracking on WR.

Quick question...The SFB Satellite Best Ball Tourney teams are redraft, correct? I'm wored into Dynasty in everything I do so I have to recheck settings amd scoring.

The PK scoring is really unique and I appreciate the heads up on that

Rd 9: Boyd, Wilson, Anderson, Goff, Chark, Waddle, Smith-Schuster, L. Thomas, Fuller, Cooks, Irv Smith Jr., Gesicki

Rd 10: Mostert, Darnold, Moss, Gordon, Higbee, C. Samuel, Devonta Smith, D. Harris, Shenault, D. Samuel, Tonyan, Gallup

I would have taken JuJu but got sniped.  So I loaded up (a bit overkill) at TE with Thomas and Higbee.  I need to pound RBs/WRs for a while.  

My team:

RB: Mixon, Gibson

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool

For the sake of laughter, I wish you were struggling at tight end.

I came in here to heckle you guys about your bad picks just short of the point of a banning.

Unfortunately rather than dishing out insults all I can do is offer kudos :hifive:  as it appears all of you are killing it.   :kicksrock:

Adding to mine. Super weak at WR.

QB: Prescott, Watson, Winston, Hill

RB: CEH, Dobbins, Sanders, J. Williams, Dillon, Pollard

WR: Pittman, Beasley

ridicule away

Adding to mine. Super weak at WR.

QB: Prescott, Watson, Winston, Hill

WR: Pittman, Beasley

ridicule away
The only pick I don't care for is Hill that early.  I guess it makes sense as protection for Watson.  With INTs costing -4 and -6 if it's returned for a TD, Winston could have some negative weeks.

The only pick I don't care for is Hill that early.  I guess it makes sense as protection for Watson.  With INTs costing -4 and -6 if it's returned for a TD, Winston could have some negative weeks.
Yeah, when I found out it was best ball, I wanted to stack the saints qb hoping I have their starter, but realize Winston could really kill me if he has some of his notoriously bad weeks if he wins the job.

also took CEH over Gibson and almost instantly regretted that. Going back and forth now so don’t know what to think.

End of 14th in SFB satellite, I waited on WR and only have Robbie Anderson, Jerry Jeudy, and Pittman so far. Will likely take WR here and at 15.03, who do you like best out of this group to help me in this best ball format?… E Moore, M Hardman, M Jones, J Reagor, R Moore, G Davis, C Beasley, TY Hilton. N Agholor, T Marshall. P Campbell, AR St Brown.  My QBs are Kyler, Dak, and Wentz for the stacker fans.

Rondale Moore, no doubt in my mind. You have Kyler, and besides, the kid is not only good, but one of the best 'fits' in this rookie class. I expect big things.

Through 12:

Mahomes/Brady

Dobbins/Hunt/Pollard/JmWilliams

Woods/Beckham/RAnderson/MkWilliams

Andrews/Higbee

I owe a write-up, but am pressed for time these days. Very happy with this Team so far.

Rd 11: Landry, Fournette, T. Hill, Conner, A. Brown, Ruggs, R. Jones, Dillon, Winston, M. Williams, Drake, Pollard

Rd 12: Engram, Beasley, Pittman, Mooney, Marq. Brown, Garoppollo, M. Jones, C. Newton, A. Trautman, C. Davis, R. Gage, Jonnu Smith

I got Dillon mainly as a GB handcuff, hopefully OK to use in flex.  I could not resist another stack with Marquise Brown.  Weeks 8 and 9 look a bit brutal though.  Sad to see Trautman go - like the potential.  But I still need to shore up RB and WR.  I am one of only three teams without a third QB.  Chances are I do not draft another QB as I already fully committed to stacking.  My team implodes if a QB gets hurt, calculated risk.

RB: Mixon, Gibson, Dillon

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool, M. Brown

Rd 13: Henderson, J. Cook, Ja. Williams, Firkser, Parker, McKissic, Gronkowski, L. Murray, Everett, G. Edwards, Ertz, H. Henry

Rd 14: Lock, Hilton, Bateman, J. Brown, Hardman, E. Moore, Hooper, Campbell, Kmet, Jarwin, Hines, R. Moore

Lots of TEs in Rd 13, glad I already had picked them over prior.  I had my eye on both Henderson and Jamaal Williams so seeing them go was disappointing, but settled for Murray.  NO may run more with Winston / Hill, some faith in Payton to create some decent offensive production.  KC really did not do much at WR off season and I think they diversify a bit from Hill / Kelce.  Campbell I like as well, if he can stay on the field.  E. Moore is one of those players that may have much better production later in the year.  At the end I went with the WR that has the better QB.  

RB: Mixon, Gibson, Dillon, L. Murray

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool, M. Brown, Hardman

Into the 20th round. The WR were really deep but I think i waited 2-3 rounds too late to get started.  I am needing to piece together 3 weekly and this bunch may just not get the job done.

QB: Prescott, Watson, Winston, Hill, Mac Jones

WR: Pittman, Beasley, Watkins, Desean Jackson, Demarcus Robinson, AJG, Coutee

TE: Kittle, Jarwin

Rd 15: Reagor, Agholor, Singletary, Crowder, Mac Jones, Freiermuth, Zuerlein, Mattison, G. Davis, Ebron, L. Perine, Bridgewater

Rd 16: J. Wilson, Slayton, Cohen, Watkins, T. Smith, A. Green, K. Toney, C. Kirk, R. Stevenson, Meyers, T. Marshall, J. White

Really happy with getting Mattison, a target handcuff for me.  Tre'Quan is a depth chart play and basically is a Michael Thomas handcuff.  One can hope.  Meanwhile the search for basura time (see harrisfootball.com for context) players begins now.

RB: Mixon, Gibson, Dillon, L. Murray, Mattison

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool, M. Brown, Hardman, T. Smith

Rd 17: G. Bernard, S. Shepard, B. Edwards, C. Hubbard, J. Sanders, A. Dalton, Ty. Williams, Alie-Cox, Gainwell, Schultz, S. Michel

Rd 18: Mims, Perriman, D. Evans, Love, Darrel Willliams, Mack, T. Taylor, Coleman, E. Sanders, Penny, A. St.-Brown, Damien Williams

Tyrell Williams, Jared Goff has to throw to somebody.  Darrel is the KC handcuff and may get some volume.  Kickers are starting to leak out.  In this format, I think a kicker is a decent bye week fill in.  Field goal volume is hard to predict.  One could pick a high scoring game and pick one that way.  

This part of the draft in baseball terms, swing hard.  Most likely, you strike out but if you hit something make sure it is worth it.     

RB: Mixon, Gibson, Dillon, L. Murray, Mattison, Darrel Williams

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool, M. Brown, Hardman, T. Smith, Tyrell Williams

That's a wrap, here's my final roster for one of the satellites.  Waited on WR and then kept hitting it for the remainder of the draft in the hopes that 10 meh guys can combine for at least 3 decent scores.  Hunt may be meh but is a functional backup for Chubb who may score occasionally.  No kickers, need all the help I can get at WR.  Took a shot at Ertz getting traded before the season for my 3rd TE. 

QB: 

Murray, Kyler ARI (1)

Prescott, Dak DAL (2)

Wentz, Carson IND (7)

RB:

Chubb, Nick CLE (3)

Swift, D'Andre DET (4)

Montgomery, David CHI (5)

Hunt, Kareem CLE (6)

Lindsay, Phillip HOU (19)

Gainwell, Kenneth PHI (21)

WR:

Anderson, Robby CAR (10)

Jeudy, Jerry DEN (11)

Pittman, Michael IND (12)

Moore, Elijah NYJ (14)

Davis, Gabriel BUF (15)

Marshall, Terrace CAR (16)

St. Brown, Amon-Ra DET (17)

Meyers, Jakobi NEP (18)

Green, A.J. ARI (20)

Eskridge, D'Wayne SEA (22)

TE:

Fant, Noah DEN TE (8)

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE (9)

Ertz, Zach PHI TE (13)

Through my 17.12/18.01

Mahomes/Brady

Dobbins/Hunt/Pollard/JmWilliams/Lindsey/MalcBrown

Woods/Beckham/RAnderson/MkWilliams/RMoore/ESanders

Andrews/Higbee/Trautman

Succop

I don't know how it's going in anyone else's Satellite Conference, but my #21 has contained several people not taking it as seriously as I would have expected. People taking hours to pick, not checking in for 12+ hours, to over a day, clock expiring before picks being made, auto-drafting...

Benevolently speaking, I guess not everyone knows what Online Draft Etiquette entails, and the utilities of the MFL platform that make for efficient drafting. Maybe it would help if they firmly set the expectation from the outset, that even though there's an 8-hour timer that's off overnight, that you should still check in frequently and make your picks in as timely a manner as possible, as soon as you're OTC. It might also help to inform contestants that they are able to get email and text alerts to their phones the minute they're OTC.

A 22-Round Draft shouldn't take more than a week to complete, if everyone is respecting the process and their League-mates. One Division in my Conference is still in Round 13.

As many regular online drafters here know, the chief hazard of these things dragging out is that new information comes out daily, and if certain news breaks while the draft is in progress, it can increase the value of current and subsequent picks, and devalue picks that have already been made. Once a Draft starts, it's in the best interest of the Draft for it to conclude as soon as possible, to prevent it's integrity from being compromised.

I wonder if the Main Event Divisions are experiencing the same issues. I'd hope not.

Sorry, just had to vent a little...while watching someone else's clock expire, who hadn't checked in, in over a day. Hope you're OK, man.

According to the SFB11 app, the slowest division is Bob Marley at 14.05 in the Main Event.  My division is round 21 so on the slower side but overall it has moved along steadily.  The commissioners work very hard to make sure that the draft starts off with active owners.  Overall it is a great experience.  

Rd 19: Malcolm Brown, Koo, Lazard, Knox, Uzomah, Tucker, Hawkins, Booker, V. Jefferson, Ty Johnson, Blankenship, Butker

Rd 20: O.J. Howard, Justin Jackson, McKinnon, Collins, Arnold, B. Scott, Amari Rodgers, Gallman, Herndon, Hurst, S. Perine, Ahmed

RB: Mixon, Gibson, Dillon, L. Murray, Mattison, Darrel Williams, Booker

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool, M. Brown, Hardman, T. Smith, Tyrell Williams

TE: Andrews, Thomas, Higbee, Arnold

Through my 17.12/18.01

Mahomes/Brady

Dobbins/Hunt/Pollard/JmWilliams/Lindsey/MalcBrown

Woods/Beckham/RAnderson/MkWilliams/RMoore/ESanders

Andrews/Higbee/Trautman

Succop

I don't know how it's going in anyone else's Satellite Conference, but my #21 has contained several people not taking it as seriously as I would have expected. People taking hours to pick, not checking in for 12+ hours, to over a day, clock expiring before picks being made, auto-drafting...

Benevolently speaking, I guess not everyone knows what Online Draft Etiquette entails, and the utilities of the MFL platform that make for efficient drafting. Maybe it would help if they firmly set the expectation from the outset, that even though there's an 8-hour timer that's off overnight, that you should still check in frequently and make your picks in as timely a manner as possible, as soon as you're OTC. It might also help to inform contestants that they are able to get email and text alerts to their phones the minute they're OTC.

A 22-Round Draft shouldn't take more than a week to complete, if everyone is respecting the process and their League-mates. One Division in my Conference is still in Round 13.

As many regular online drafters here know, the chief hazard of these things dragging out is that new information comes out daily, and if certain news breaks while the draft is in progress, it can increase the value of current and subsequent picks, and devalue picks that have already been made. Once a Draft starts, it's in the best interest of the Draft for it to conclude as soon as possible, to prevent it's integrity from being compromised.

I wonder if the Main Event Divisions are experiencing the same issues. I'd hope not.

Sorry, just had to vent a little...while watching someone else's clock expire, who hadn't checked in, in over a day. Hope you're OK, man.
They have rules in place where if you timeout twice you won't get invited to the main event.  I like this rule.  I had some issues with my timer running throughout the night (never expiring) and sometimes while I was busy at work, but most of the time I got the email I was on the clock and picked very quickly because I had lists for each upcoming pick.

Just completed for the Beyonce division.

Team:

QB: Prescott, Watson, Winston, Hill, Mac Jones

RB: CEH, Dobbins, Sanders, J. Williams, Dillon, Pollard

WR: Pittman, Beasley, Watkins, Desean Jackson, Demarcus Robinson, AJG, Coutee, Pringle, A. Miller

TE: Kittle, Jarwin

Rd 21: Akins, Pringle, Lutz, (skipped), E. Mitchell, Doyle, D. Robinson, T. Bass, Kelley, Ollison, Eskridge, Vaughn, A. Miller

Rd 22: Doaks, C. Evans, K. Ballage, Cobb, Brissett, (skipped), Collins, DeSean Jackson, Heinicke, Graham, M. Callaway

RB: Mixon, Gibson, Dillon, L. Murray, Mattison, Darrel Williams, Booker

WR: Evans, J. Chase, Claypool, M. Brown, Hardman, T. Smith, Tyrell Williams, Cobb

TE: Andrews, Thomas, Higbee, Arnold

K: Bass

Comments and suggestions welcomed!  Here are my thoughts.   

QB: Lamar and TB12.  I hope that MCL surgery went well for TB12, nice bit of news after the draft!  Basically living and dying with these two.  Panic QB research: who is Brady's backup (Gabbert), best available QBs not drafted (Mariota, Mond, Trubisky).  Meh.

RB: Mixon heading this crew is a risk, Gibson's foot concerns me as well.  Hopefully one of the RB handcuffs hits.  My favorite value is Mattison - ADP drop relative to last year yet actually a better handcuff situation with Boone gone.

WR: My weakest position, if I can play RB in the flex, I will. The stacking either fixes the weakness or I go down in flames.  Mecole and Tre'Quan have some upside, and Tyrell / Cobb are garbage time volume bets.  I will not lose sleep sending any of them to the waiver wire if needed.   

TE: Functional.  I did not have a good opportunity to pick a top four TE as I committed to two QB up front.  All gone by my round three pick.  Andrews a nice consolation prize in round 5 to stack with Lamar.  

K: Kickers will be good floor plays in this format.  I need something reliable in weeks 8-9.  Having kickers available means plenty of floor players readily available. so get rid of low ceiling players.  

Users who are viewing this thread