What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool 2011 NFL Mock Draft - Version 1 (1 Viewer)

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Andy Dufresne said:
RC94 said:
ATL selects Jon Baldwin, WR
Why?
Did he declare? or I think Im getting Blackmon n him confused
Yes. He declared. Blackmon is staying.The Patriots will take:

Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
If Belichick doesn't take someone to rush the passer there will be a mutiny in New England. There offensive skill players aren't a big problem. O-line is also a more logical pick.
I respect the fact that you picked for me when time was up Andy to get things rolling but If I had another go I would be looking in another direction... Torrey Smith is not a player for New England. At least not this early. I would think we're looking to invest in the o-line if there's not enough bang for the bucks at 3-4 OLB. In my mind a pick of Benjamin Ijalana OG-OT out of Villanova wouldn't surprise me. If we were looking at a WR I would expect us to look in the direction of Jon Baldwin and he was already gone when it was my our turn.

Now the pick is Smith, I respect that.

I respect the fact that you picked for me when time was up Andy to get things rolling but If I had another go I would be looking in another direction... Torrey Smith is not a player for New England. At least not this early. I would think we're looking to invest in the o-line if there's not enough bang for the bucks at 3-4 OLB. In my mind a pick of Benjamin Ijalana OG-OT out of Villanova wouldn't surprise me. If we were looking at a WR I would expect us to look in the direction of Jon Baldwin and he was already gone when it was my our turn. Now the pick is Smith, I respect that.
The thing about drafting though, and the Patriots know this, is that you don't just look at what your biggest need is and then take the best available player to fill it. They have a ton of picks this year and for the spots they have them, they can fill needs like OLB and O-line with those picks and get equivalent value to using a 1st on them. I would argue that WR IS a need for the Patriots. Tate is okay, but only had what, 24 catches this year? So much of what that offense did was dump-off/YAC stuff that it really limited them and it cost them the game against the Jets.

I respect the fact that you picked for me when time was up Andy to get things rolling but If I had another go I would be looking in another direction... Torrey Smith is not a player for New England. At least not this early. I would think we're looking to invest in the o-line if there's not enough bang for the bucks at 3-4 OLB. In my mind a pick of Benjamin Ijalana OG-OT out of Villanova wouldn't surprise me. If we were looking at a WR I would expect us to look in the direction of Jon Baldwin and he was already gone when it was my our turn. Now the pick is Smith, I respect that.
The thing about drafting though, and the Patriots know this, is that you don't just look at what your biggest need is and then take the best available player to fill it. They have a ton of picks this year and for the spots they have them, they can fill needs like OLB and O-line with those picks and get equivalent value to using a 1st on them. I would argue that WR IS a need for the Patriots. Tate is okay, but only had what, 24 catches this year? So much of what that offense did was dump-off/YAC stuff that it really limited them and it cost them the game against the Jets.
I agree to some extent, but I see Torrey Smith as another Brandon Tate. I honestly think they won't overreact to the Jets loss. The WR corps is still ok but they might need a big target. Smith is not horrible though so I'll live with it. There are still better players at other positions in my mind. If they want value which they usually do I think an offensive lineman or a RB like LeShoure would be the choice. Or why not not another DL like Bailey or Heyward?

I agree to some extent, but I see Torrey Smith as another Brandon Tate. I honestly think they won't overreact to the Jets loss. The WR corps is still ok but they might need a big target. Smith is not horrible though so I'll live with it. There are still better players at other positions in my mind. If they want value which they usually do I think an offensive lineman or a RB like LeShoure would be the choice. Or why not not another DL like Bailey or Heyward?
That's Smith's advantage - he's 6'1" and 200lbs. Not huge, but one of the bigger guys available and certainly bigger than what they've got (well, other than Tate I guess).

Per Andy's request to make a Packers pick....

The Green Bay Packers select: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

Tough decision here with Carimi on the board. Green Bay goes for a high potential DE who should fit into their 3/4 defense well. Cullen Jenkins is a UFA this year and the cupboard is sparse at DE for the Packers since Johnny Jolly's obviously not coming back either. Heyward has been inconsistent in the past but came to play big time this year in the Sugar Bowl where he gave Ryan Mallet all sorts of trouble. The kid has a good attitude and has the height you love at DE. Tough decision since the Packers are also thin at OT but with Bulaga and Lang they're at least okay for the future. The DL is maybe a more dire situation.

My apologies to nIgb1 if you do not agree with this choice.

What cost them the game against the Jets was Brady's interception on his very ill conceived pass to BJGE and Crumpler's dropped pass in the end zone. The Patriots lost their momentum, the Jets D applied great pressure, and Brady was unnerved. As Jaws said in his interview on WEEI after reviewing game tapes (and I paraphrase) Brady was seeing ghosts and left plays on the field.Brady rarely targeted Tate during the season partially, one has to presume, because he didn't need to stretch the field with the short game working well and the ability of the TE's to get open down the seam. This was Tate's first year back after essentially a year and a half on the sideline's and 1-1/2 years of college ball. Tate is obviously still a bit raw and his route running leaves something to be desired. Brady missed him on the one deep pass early in the game when he split and BEAT the coverage; the ball was overthrown. Certainly Tate doesn't get much support, even in many Patriots centric media outlets, but few players show up in the NFL and explode on the scene; especially when you have so many other good options around you and the team is playing well.

Couch Potato said:
Buckna said:
Couch Potato said:
24. New Orleans - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama

With Pierre Thomas a free agent and injury-riddled for much of the last two years, UDFA rookie Chris Ivory also unable to stay healthy and limited in the passing game, and Reggie Bush apparently made of glass, it's time for New Orleans to solidify this position for the next several years. I think the Saints would wet themselves if Ingram fell to them. His pedigree is without question. Heisman trophy winner in 2009 and the consensus #1 back in this draft, his all around game would fit the Saints quite well.
This is one of those "it makes so much sense" and fantasy footballers would salivate so much that it will probably never happen. :lmao:

I think Pierre is gone and Reggie is in the last year of a very expensive contract. If he falls this far, it's a match made in heaven.
The problem is, in the real draft I doubt he gets past Miami at #15.
Oh I agree, I highly doubt he drops this far. If one team was willing to take Spiller in the top 10 and another willing to trade up so far for Mathews, Ingram is a better prospect than both of them and will go much earlier than 24. Heck, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's someone unexpected like Cinci at #4.

Tough decision here with Carimi on the board. Green Bay goes for a high potential DE who should fit into their 3/4 defense well. Cullen Jenkins is a UFA this year and the cupboard is sparse at DE for the Packers since Johnny Jolly's obviously not coming back either. Heyward has been inconsistent in the past but came to play big time this year in the Sugar Bowl where he gave Ryan Mallet all sorts of trouble. The kid has a good attitude and has the height you love at DE. Tough decision since the Packers are also thin at OT but with Bulaga and Lang they're at least okay for the future. The DL is maybe a more dire situation.

As a Packer Backer I can see this making sense. Dont forget about Mike Neal, he is a beast and will prove it next year. Went to practice the week after family night, Neal was impressive he made pads pop.

As a Packer Backer I can see this making sense. Dont forget about Mike Neal, he is a beast and will prove it next year. Went to practice the week after family night, Neal was impressive he made pads pop.
I didn't forget Neal and hope he's a stud in the future. Cullen could be gone though leaving Pickett, Neal, Wilson, and Wynn, so it's pretty slim. And with Bulaga they've got a LT, with Lang they should be good at RT, so what they need is OT depth which could be taken later than the 1st round. We could be looking at a starting DL of Neal, Raji, and Heyward in the future. Not too bad.

shader said:
Andy Dufresne said:
shader said:
1.08 -- Tennessee Titans -- Julio Jones In a perfect world, the Titans are able to trade up and acquire help to bolster their Dline. However, this draft has been a nightmare in that scenario. The big 4 defensive lineman have all been selected, as well as the top two cornerbacks. The Titans seriously considered Aldon Smith or Von Miller, but both are tweeners in the Titans 4-3 alignment.The Titans need a QB badly, but are not enamored with any of the current prospects. As such, the organization hopefully made plans to acquire Kyle Orton from the Broncos and draft a QB in the middle rounds.Julio Jones provides the Titans with the most physical prospect in the league. There simply will be no way to matchup with Julio and Britt. The combination is deadly. If Kyle Orton could turn Brandon Lloyd into a top WR, he should do fine with Britt and Julio. Julio's blocking and maturity should help Britt, as well as provide more running lanes for the most explosive RB in the league.Although the Titans are disappointed not to get Dareus, who would have filled a HUGE need on the Dline, they are excited to have Julio join what is quickly becoming a potentially explosive offense...
Not sure about this one. Kenny Britt and Nate Washington are enough for them to look elsewhere with this pick, IMO.
I agree. But at some point, you have to pick the bpa. Washington hasn't been very good and is very upgradeable. Titans have no need for OT's, there are no CB's on the board, or 4-3 DE's or DT's, and I've heard that the FO doesn't like any of the QB's.There just aren't many options if the draft unfolds like this. I honestly think the Titans would trade down in this scenario as teams would be falling over themselves to get Julio, a QB, or one of the 3-4 hybrid players.
Pick also makes sense as insurance against future off the field incidents involving Britt.

this is a good BPA pick. i would have taken Jerrel Jernigan here had i been online, and im sure it wouldnt be a popular choice. i think he rises way up draft boards come April and would be the deadly return man/slot replacement for driver that we need. would be a huge bump in ST's and really there arent a whole lot of great options here anyway. Heyward only other real standout option here IMO id be very surprised if they dont trade out of this pick

Last edited by a moderator:
shader said:
Andy Dufresne said:
shader said:
1.08 -- Tennessee Titans -- Julio Jones In a perfect world, the Titans are able to trade up and acquire help to bolster their Dline. However, this draft has been a nightmare in that scenario. The big 4 defensive lineman have all been selected, as well as the top two cornerbacks. The Titans seriously considered Aldon Smith or Von Miller, but both are tweeners in the Titans 4-3 alignment.The Titans need a QB badly, but are not enamored with any of the current prospects. As such, the organization hopefully made plans to acquire Kyle Orton from the Broncos and draft a QB in the middle rounds.Julio Jones provides the Titans with the most physical prospect in the league. There simply will be no way to matchup with Julio and Britt. The combination is deadly. If Kyle Orton could turn Brandon Lloyd into a top WR, he should do fine with Britt and Julio. Julio's blocking and maturity should help Britt, as well as provide more running lanes for the most explosive RB in the league.Although the Titans are disappointed not to get Dareus, who would have filled a HUGE need on the Dline, they are excited to have Julio join what is quickly becoming a potentially explosive offense...
Not sure about this one. Kenny Britt and Nate Washington are enough for them to look elsewhere with this pick, IMO.
I agree. But at some point, you have to pick the bpa. Washington hasn't been very good and is very upgradeable. Titans have no need for OT's, there are no CB's on the board, or 4-3 DE's or DT's, and I've heard that the FO doesn't like any of the QB's.There just aren't many options if the draft unfolds like this. I honestly think the Titans would trade down in this scenario as teams would be falling over themselves to get Julio, a QB, or one of the 3-4 hybrid players.
Pick also makes sense as insurance against future off the field incidents involving Britt.
As a Titans fan I would love to see them take Julio Jones in the 1st & Christian Ponder in the 2nd. Collins isn't a world beater but he has enough left to give us a half a season while Ponder learns. You put Collins/Ponder, Britt, Jones, CJ, Jared Cook and our o-line on the offensive side of the ball and you got some serious output in my opinion. Go defense the rest of the way in the draft and FA. You put that lineup on the field and it might be enough to save Fisher's job next season.

With the 21st pick in the 2011 FBG's Shark Pool Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Stephen Paea - DT Oregon State

Would've really liked Castonzo here, as RT is a big need...but so is ILB and DT. The Chiefs are developing a great set of edge players on the defense with Dorsey, Hali, Johnson, Flowers and Berry. What KC needs is upgrades up the middle.

I'm not sold that Paea is the ideal fit for Romeo Crennel's 3-4, but of the top-end DTs not named Fairley and Dareus, he probably has the most talent.
I'm not sure DT is a key need although this isn't a bad way to go as Shaun Smith is merely average. I'd think a top OG to groom behind Waters would rank high as would another WR to give the offense a little more versatility. Charles, McCluster, Bowe, and Moeaki could use a deep threat at WR2 to stretch the field as we all saw what the Raiders and Ravens did the last two weeks of their season. Of course, they also need to stick with BPA so it'll be interesting to see.

Ridgelake said:
Andy Dufresne said:
shader said:
Titans have no need for OT's, there are no CB's on the board, or 4-3 DE's or DT's, and I've heard that the FO doesn't like any of the QB's.
I think there's DT that could be taken there. It'd look like a stretch in the vein of the Jags taking Alualu.
He turned out to be a good pick though. Its part of why I think Jordan fits at 9. Everything I've read says Jordan is the better of the 2.
If the first 8 picks hadn't seen such a drain on DL and CB's but instead QB's and other players sneak in then who would you have taken over Jordan? If the scouts say one player is a sure thing they should certainly do it but otherwise moving down a bit now to take a defender to move up later with the extra value that added to take certain OL in 2-5 would be strong.

With the 21st pick in the 2011 FBG's Shark Pool Mock Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Stephen Paea - DT Oregon State

Would've really liked Castonzo here, as RT is a big need...but so is ILB and DT. The Chiefs are developing a great set of edge players on the defense with Dorsey, Hali, Johnson, Flowers and Berry. What KC needs is upgrades up the middle.

I'm not sold that Paea is the ideal fit for Romeo Crennel's 3-4, but of the top-end DTs not named Fairley and Dareus, he probably has the most talent.
I'm not sure DT is a key need although this isn't a bad way to go as Shaun Smith is merely average. I'd think a top OG to groom behind Waters would rank high as would another WR to give the offense a little more versatility. Charles, McCluster, Bowe, and Moeaki could use a deep threat at WR2 to stretch the field as we all saw what the Raiders and Ravens did the last two weeks of their season. Of course, they also need to stick with BPA so it'll be interesting to see.
I think they have that guy in 2010 3rd rounder Jon Asamoah. As for WR, I agree, but they value wasn't there. I honestly could see KC moving one of their top 2 picks for Fitzgerald. He is going to walk after 2011 as it stands now, and the connection with Haley in KC is well-known.

I know we're going with round two on Monday but with the 2.01 pick I might as well start to get things rolling.

Forgive me for whining Andy but that Torrey Smith pick means that the Patriots draft plans needs to be altered a bit. I think the Patriots are looking to use their first four pick on two players for their front seven defense (most likely a DE and an OLB), a RB or WR and some help for the OL (because of players leaving or getting old).

So what to do here? A DE has been taken already in J.J. Watt, even if BPA might lead them to pick another one in Allen Bailey or Muhammad Wilkerson I doubt it. So I see this as either being a case of seeing an OLB they like here, fortifying that o-line for the future or the chance to pick a big RB like Mikel LeShoure out of Illinois. Mikel LeShoure is a bruising runner at 230 lbs and could certainly fit well on the Patriots.

At offensive line some players I like here are Benjamin Ijalana out of Villanova and Arkansas Demarcus Love. Both are sized the way the Patriots like their linemen (in the 6´4´´- 6´5´´range weighing 310-320 lbs). While Ijalana certainly has been impressive to me the versatility of Demarcus Love stands out if the Patriots were to pick a lineman here. He's a senior that has been playing at both tackle spots and at guard during his time in a Razorback uniform. Depending on what happens in the off-season (re-signing Mankins or not?) he could play guard and then play either tackle spot after Matt Light's career as a Patriot has come to an end. I think he definitely possesses left tackle ability and I think the Patriots like what Sebastian Vollmer brings at right tackle enough that they want to keep him there. However, one of those could be availbale later or players close to their value by the next time the Patriots pick.

In the end though I believe the need for an outside presence on defense is by far the most pressing need. Even if the Patriots are stubborn enough not to draft by need I think they are somewhat forced to not completely abandon that thought. More than anything the Pats draft to get value at each spot and after the top OLB's the value drops a lot since the pool of quality players at that position gets a lot thinner quickly. There's only really one player left I feel that would give the Patriots immediate help at the position and that is Jeremy Beal. I feel he has the ability to play linebacker and he has the motor and intangibles the Patriots are looking for. He might be a tad too short but he being an inch or two shorter than what they would like would be knitpicking a bit too much.

So, with the 1st pick of the 2nd round of the 2011 Shark Pool draft 1.0 the New England Patriots select Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma

In reality I think the Patriots would probably look to trade down in this round and as usual collect a future pick.

shader said:
Andy Dufresne said:
shader said:
1.08 -- Tennessee Titans -- Julio Jones

In a perfect world, the Titans are able to trade up and acquire help to bolster their Dline. However, this draft has been a nightmare in that scenario. The big 4 defensive lineman have all been selected, as well as the top two cornerbacks.

The Titans seriously considered Aldon Smith or Von Miller, but both are tweeners in the Titans 4-3 alignment.

The Titans need a QB badly, but are not enamored with any of the current prospects. As such, the organization hopefully made plans to acquire Kyle Orton from the Broncos and draft a QB in the middle rounds.

Julio Jones provides the Titans with the most physical prospect in the league. There simply will be no way to matchup with Julio and Britt. The combination is deadly. If Kyle Orton could turn Brandon Lloyd into a top WR, he should do fine with Britt and Julio. Julio's blocking and maturity should help Britt, as well as provide more running lanes for the most explosive RB in the league.

Although the Titans are disappointed not to get Dareus, who would have filled a HUGE need on the Dline, they are excited to have Julio join what is quickly becoming a potentially explosive offense...
I agree. But at some point, you have to pick the bpa. Washington hasn't been very good and is very upgradeable. Titans have no need for OT's, there are no CB's on the board, or 4-3 DE's or DT's, and I've heard that the FO doesn't like any of the QB's.

There just aren't many options if the draft unfolds like this. I honestly think the Titans would trade down in this scenario as teams would be falling over themselves to get Julio, a QB, or one of the 3-4 hybrid players.
As a Titans fan I would love to see them take Julio Jones in the 1st & Christian Ponder in the 2nd. Collins isn't a world beater but he has enough left to give us a half a season while Ponder learns. You put Collins/Ponder, Britt, Jones, CJ, Jared Cook and our o-line on the offensive side of the ball and you got some serious output in my opinion. Go defense the rest of the way in the draft and FA. You put that lineup on the field and it might be enough to save Fisher's job next season.
As funny as this might sound, I think I like Christian Ponder as much if not more than every other qb that declared this year.

I live right outside of STL and have watched Gabbert for the last 2 years and not a believer, Newton, I'll pass and you got to be crazy to draft Locker that high.

Ponder is a reliable pro ready quarterback as long as his injuries are behind him has a bright future ahead of him. He reminds me alot of a Rich Gannon type qb.

Very athletic, good arm and highly competitive. I would be very surprised and ticked if Tenn went Julio Jones with their first pick as a Rams fan as I am really hoping he falls to us.

Also, for all the people that signed up to do this lets pick it up alittle bit, Andy puts time into this and if you signed up to draft be around a computer during that time or PM a pick. It is very frustrating to others waiting for someone.

Ridgelake said:
Andy Dufresne said:
shader said:
Titans have no need for OT's, there are no CB's on the board, or 4-3 DE's or DT's, and I've heard that the FO doesn't like any of the QB's.
I think there's DT that could be taken there. It'd look like a stretch in the vein of the Jags taking Alualu.
He turned out to be a good pick though. Its part of why I think Jordan fits at 9. Everything I've read says Jordan is the better of the 2.
If the first 8 picks hadn't seen such a drain on DL and CB's but instead QB's and other players sneak in then who would you have taken over Jordan? If the scouts say one player is a sure thing they should certainly do it but otherwise moving down a bit now to take a defender to move up later with the extra value that added to take certain OL in 2-5 would be strong.
Dallas is in a tough spot. Their needs are obvious in OL, DL, and S. Some argue CB, but I suspect that good safety play and more passrush and the CBs will be fine. But at #9, there are no OL or S that rate there. So it almost has to be DL. Or move down. I like the idea of moving down quite a bit. Picking up an extra 3rd or 2nd to move down 4-10 spots, then take the best available guy at a position of need.One thing though. They will get a guy they have rated as a first round prospect. This year, there are less guys at that level than last year. There may only be 18-20 guys who that rate as a 1st rounder. So they should be able to control their ability to get one. Some years they can't.Who might I have taken over Jordan at 9 had the QBs gone ahead? Probably no one but Fairley. I think Jordan is a great fit for the team needs, better than Dareus. His skill set meshes perfectly with what they need most.

Ridgelake said:
Andy Dufresne said:
shader said:
BTW, I am going to be out much of Monday. Would you like to take over the Dallas draft? I firmly support your thought of going BPA OL. Second priority would be S.

I didn't forget Neal and hope he's a stud in the future. Cullen could be gone though leaving Pickett, Neal, Wilson, and Wynn, so it's pretty slim. And with Bulaga they've got a LT, with Lang they should be good at RT, so what they need is OT depth which could be taken later than the 1st round. We could be looking at a starting DL of Neal, Raji, and Heyward in the future. Not too bad.
I see Lang moving to guard to take Colledge's spot and that is a reason for an OT taken early in the draft for the Packers. Wrist surgery really set Lang back this year or we might have seen him play guard this year.Cullen might be gone, but I think Jolly is back next year with a second chance and Howard Green still aint out the door. Those two could lead to a lot of depth and versatility on the D Line for the Packers. I have Wilson over Wynn, but it is almost splitting hairs.

I would have gone o-line but Clayborn is too good to pass up here. Top 15 talent st #31. Keisel is no spring chicken and Clayborn is s prototypical 3-4 end.
This is a great pick. Clayborne is very good against the pass and great against the run. I imagine he is going to make the Patriots very happy with their first pick.

I see Lang moving to guard to take Colledge's spot and that is a reason for an OT taken early in the draft for the Packers. Wrist surgery really set Lang back this year or we might have seen him play guard this year.Cullen might be gone, but I think Jolly is back next year with a second chance and Howard Green still aint out the door. Those two could lead to a lot of depth and versatility on the D Line for the Packers. I have Wilson over Wynn, but it is almost splitting hairs.
So do you think Carimi would be a good choice? I was really struggling between him and Heyward. Just thought Heyward maybe had a chance to be more special.

So do you think Carimi would be a good choice? I was really struggling between him and Heyward. Just thought Heyward maybe had a chance to be more special.
I'd have gone with Carimi. I do think Jolly will be back next year, and Neal is the real deal there. Pickett, Neal, Jolly and a combo of Wilson/Wynn would be solid. I think they'd love to keep Jenkins too, just not sure they can make that work.The Oline has been the culprit more often than not with this team. I don't know if Lang can play anymore or not. (obviously TT would know better.) But adding a rock solid pass blocker like Carimi to team up with Bulaga could provide a decade of safety for Rodgers. Lang could move to LG then as well.

BTW, I am going to be out much of Monday. Would you like to take over the Dallas draft? I firmly support your thought of going BPA OL. Second priority would be S.
Thanks for the offer ... I think I know what Dallas needs but I haven't studied the prospects well enough.So regarding your thoughts on the Cowboys board you'd go with Fairly #1 and Jordan #2? If both are gone who are the next couple of guys if no trade down exists?Regarding the CB's ... of course it'll depend what happens in free agency and which veterans they bring in .... but an elite CB to play behind Newman for a year also makes sense given his window is closing sooner than later. Jerry does go PBA a lot and it could very well fall to that scenario. That said, there are several elite CB's available which could remove CB's from consideration.Finally ... QB value will play a huge part for Dallas coming up. If their values tank they won't go top 10 and won't cause other teams to want to trade up with Dallas for one. If their values spike either they go above Dallas which means other players drop or someone will be more likely to trade up ahead of the Redskins, etc.

Thanks for the offer ... I think I know what Dallas needs but I haven't studied the prospects well enough.So regarding your thoughts on the Cowboys board you'd go with Fairly #1 and Jordan #2? If both are gone who are the next couple of guys if no trade down exists?Regarding the CB's ... of course it'll depend what happens in free agency and which veterans they bring in .... but an elite CB to play behind Newman for a year also makes sense given his window is closing sooner than later. Jerry does go PBA a lot and it could very well fall to that scenario. That said, there are several elite CB's available which could remove CB's from consideration.Finally ... QB value will play a huge part for Dallas coming up. If their values tank they won't go top 10 and won't cause other teams to want to trade up with Dallas for one. If their values spike either they go above Dallas which means other players drop or someone will be more likely to trade up ahead of the Redskins, etc.
I rank Fairley 1 and Jordan 2 at the positions we need most of DL, OL, and S. I doubt the team has them ranked that way overall. I suspect guys like Peterson, Bowers, Quinn, Green carry higher grades than Jordan. My guess is Amukamara has a similar grade to Jordan.I can see them going CB. But I don't think they want to unless its clearly BPA.In this draft, if Jordan had been gone, I would have picked Tyron Smith. He could play OT for the next 10+ years. Probably has the highest upside of any OL in the draft. He'll need some work, but the talent is clearly there. He's only 20 years old. He's probably not ready from Day 1. But give him a year of work and he'll be good to go.

Are we going to give a go for round 2? If so, I believe Buffalo is on the clock. I'll be in at about 9:00 am to see if I need to make a pick.

Are we going to give a go for round 2? If so, I believe Buffalo is on the clock. I'll be in at about 9:00 am to see if I need to make a pick.
Yep... I think it goes Buf, Cin, Den in the 2nd.eta: doesn't look like G2's been back in here... let me know if you want me to make their next pick.

Too many selections for Buffalo on the board.

With the 34th pick the Bills select: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

Need to look at OL, DL, and even OLB, but there's a potential franchise QB sitting there at the top of the 2nd. Sure, Locker may not have had the best Senior year at Washington, but with the size, speed, strong arm, quick release, and escabability, how can Buffalo not make this pick? Jake has more potential than Mallett, the other QB on the board imo, so this is the pick. Now Buffalo has the potential to be an explosive offense in the future with Locker, Spiller, Steve Johnson, and AJ Green. They're not close to a division title right now, but they're putting some important pieces together.

Jim Kelly approves this message :lmao:

Also considered: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin and Cory Liuget, DT/DE, Illinois.

Drink G2 was here earlier today. I've asked him if he wants to make the 2nd Bengals pick. Give it a few minutes...
With Palmer asking out, suddenly Mallett becomes a real possibility here.
Was just thinking the same.BTW, Congrats on the AFC Championship. Too bad we couldn't give you a run for the money (I wish we could go back in time and have a do-over but I'm starting to realize after a week or so that it will not in fact happen).

2.03 - Cincinnati Bengals select... Ryan Mallett - QB - Arkansas

The Bengals seem to select guys that slip into round 2 because of character concerns... but it's worked with the last two. A QB for the future is a need even if the Palmer rumors aren't true. If they are true, I'm afraid what will really happen is that Mikey will draft an Akili/Klinger at 1.4.

Drink G2 was here earlier today. I've asked him if he wants to make the 2nd Bengals pick. Give it a few minutes...
With Palmer asking out, suddenly Mallett becomes a real possibility here.
Was just thinking the same.BTW, Congrats on the AFC Championship. Too bad we couldn't give you a run for the money (I wish we could go back in time and have a do-over but I'm starting to realize after a week or so that it will not in fact happen).
:bag:Thanks, man.

For the Brown's second pick, we want to upgrade the D-line with the expected return to the 4-3.

2.05 - Browns select Muhammad Wilkerson, DT Temple.

Users who are viewing this thread