What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool combined effort mock - Drafting now! (1 Viewer)

Could I interest you in Tre Mason?

Seriously, probably not looking to go up that high, but thanks for the thought. Also like some of the options involved in picking at 1.15 and retaining the Bradford #43 & #45 picks.  
Well, that wasn't really all that close, lmao

Could I interest you in Tre Mason?

Seriously, probably not looking to go up that high, but thanks for the thought. Also like some of the options involved in picking at 1.15 and retaining the Bradford #43 & #45 picks.  
:whistle:  

As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.   :excited:  

:whistle:  

As a result of the trade, the Titans now have six picks in the top 76 in this year’s draft – 15, 33, 43, 45, 64 and 76. The Titans already held picks 33 and 64.   :excited:  
I'll need your cell number, sir.  We'll be sending text alerts.  Can't have you holding up the mock every time you go to sleep.  

Okay, so let me get this straight...

Rams give:

2016 - 1.15, 2.12, 2.15, 3.13

2017 - 1st, 3rd

Titans give:

2016 - 1.01, 4.01, 6.01

Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd be kind of upset with this if I were a Rams fan. 
I thought the Titans also got 76 (Rams 3rd in 2016) as well.

Yep, that is what is reported:

Tennessee will send the top selection along with its fourth- (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans also will get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.

I thought the Titans also got 76 (Rams 3rd in 2016) as well.
They did.  15, 43, 45, 76 and 1st and 3rd next year. Ouch.

I'd be pissed as a Rams fan.  Even if they get a QB who turns out to be awesome, the best you can hope is that some WR ends up in the 4th round to draft.  Otherwise he's got Tavon and......

Agreed.  It's kind of like the Rams wanted to karmatically even out the RG3 trade.
Or outdo the Herschel Walker trade.

Okay, nothing will be as bad as that. Just picks was three firsts, three seconds, a third, and a sixth. Ugly.

They did.  15, 43, 45, 76 and 1st and 3rd next year. Ouch.

I'd be pissed as a Rams fan.  Even if they get a QB who turns out to be awesome, the best you can hope is that some WR ends up in the 4th round to draft.  Otherwise he's got Tavon and......
If the QB ends up awesome, it is worth the trade. As a Panthers fan, if we had Keenum as our QB and had a chance to trade that to get Newton, I would do it in a heartbeat.

That said, if the QB ends up meh or bad, it sets your entire team back a ton.

Depth is maybe as critical as anything in today's NFL. This really hurts a shallow Rams team, IMO.

But then it makes sense that hot seat sitting Fisher/Snead and a franchise looking to make a splash in a new market would make this move.

Depth is maybe as critical as anything in today's NFL. This really hurts a shallow Rams team, IMO.

But then it makes sense that hot seat sitting Fisher/Snead and a franchise looking to make a splash in a new market would make this move.
Where are they in terms of cap $$$? If the QB works out, will they be able to pull a Raiders/Jaguars/Giants haul? If so, maybe that is the plan. Honestly, it's too bad they couldn't work it out without giving up next year's #1. If they could have just sacrificed this year's draft for a QB and then used their nice draft spot next year.

Ugh, unless Wentz is a top QB, this is going to set them back. That said, they need a QB and if they pick right, it won't be bad.

With the 2nd pick in the 2016 draft the Cleveland Browns select Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss.

Solidifies the O-Line or enables us to trade Joe Thomas for another pick

What pick are you hoping to get in return for a 32 year-old LT who makes >$10 million per season?

I was joking about Tre Mason, obviously.

Rams haven't traded, don't hold up draft on Snead and Fisher's account.

I have no idea what they are talking about.

TEN OTC.
Come back to reality, it wasn't a dream. You have this pick and then your expertise in this mock is done. Sucks that all you can do is make 1 pick and yesterday you had the chance to have fun with 4 picks.

Or outdo the Herschel Walker trade.

Okay, nothing will be as bad as that. Just picks was three firsts, three seconds, a third, and a sixth. Ugly.

What pick are you hoping to get in return for a 32 year-old LT who makes >$10 million per season?
Some team will pay it and trade a mid round pick I think.  Tom Brady might want some extra protection.  Cam might too.

I have no idea what they are talking about.

TEN OTC.
:tinfoilhat:

Magaw is not very happy with the Rams' trade up.  Lol
Just woke up and found out about it, had no idea what they were talking about. :)

I was actually hoping for a trade up for a QB, Andy and I discussed it in his last mock.

Where's are the color and positions and school names? And opinions/reasoning for the picks? 

This feels sterile. And like a chore for some. A huge trade for the NFL I thought everyone would be excited. 

Where's are the color and positions and school names? And opinions/reasoning for the picks? 

This feels sterile. And like a chore for some. A huge trade for the NFL I thought everyone would be excited. 
I'm excited as a Panthers fan. I want some QB needy team to want to jump over Denver. I agree that Wentz/Goff is likely 1/2 and Lynch now goes even earlier and that black hole could start sucking Cook into the 1st and maybe some other guys into the 2nd. Start the draft QB run, I'd love to see a bunch more go.

Users who are viewing this thread