What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft - three rounds. Draft started (1 Viewer)

There's a trade proposal between Kirby and Keys that I'm confirming.

Keys is wandering around the pool. I hope he shows up soon.
Oakland trades the 2.07 and Oakland's 4th round pick for the 2.01.Oakland selects:

Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

Oakland has a good running game right now, but putrid backs to run with it. Felix is great at sneaking through holes and making stuff happen. I'm a Mizzou fan, and although it was only one game, I thought Jones looked as good as any college runner I've seen.

Yes, including that other Arkansas back.

Defense and rushing. That's going to be Raider football for a while.

Oakland is done with this mock draft now.
With Fargas signing a 3 yr. deal, we're going to need a do-over. :lmao: How about the same FBGers plan on another one of these sometime next month? :lmao:
I'm game. I could do this everyday

Oakland trades the 2.07 and Oakland's 4th round pick for the 2.01.Oakland selects:

Oakland has a good running game right now, but putrid backs to run with it. Felix is great at sneaking through holes and making stuff happen. I'm a Mizzou fan, and although it was only one game, I thought Jones looked as good as any college runner I've seen.

With Fargas signing a 3 yr. deal, we're going to need a do-over. :excited: How about the same FBGers plan on another one of these sometime next month? :popcorn:
I think we usually do an early one and then one after the combine closer to the draft... I'm game.

With Fargas signing a 3 yr. deal, we're going to need a do-over. :excited: How about the same FBGers plan on another one of these sometime next month? :popcorn:
I'd be up for another especially now that we are familiar with the ground rules and time limits. This would go a lot faster the 2nd time. I'd also reduce the grace time to 20 minutes or so.Cardinals have pick in hand and are ready for the podium if they aren't Sniped.

The Eagles select Adarius Bowman, WR OSU

Big, strong WR that could help with their trouble punching the ball in when in the red zone.

Looks like we might have a Viking situation brewing as the Cardinals have rushed the stage pushing the Philly GM to the ground and are placing their pick in the hands of Goodell.

Looks like we might have a Viking situation brewing as the Cardinals have rushed the stage pushing the Philly GM to the ground and are placing their pick in the hands of Goodell.
Arghhh just in time! With the 81st selection in the draft the Cardinals select:Bruce Davis DE/OLB UCLAI had the DE/OLB's for the 3-4 rated as Gholston, Harvey, Groves, Crable, and Davis. Was trying to move up in the 2nd to get Groves (went late 1st) and also tried to move up in the 3rd to snag Crable but I'll settle for Davis who has played both well at UCLA this year.This concludes Arizona's draft with all major need areas filled: CB with Talib, RB with Jamaal Charles, and OLB with Davis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami's selection:

Joseph "Red" Bryant - NT - Texas A&MThe monster DT they need to anchor the line... being slowed by last years injury hurt his stock.. but he can be developed into stud. Adding Long and Bryant with Rod Wright at the other end is a good start too switching to a 3-4.
That would be a coup.
What do you know about him?There are a few nice names left on the board.
From a physical standpoint, he's as good (or better) then the other interior DLs in the draft. 6'5, a solid 330 or so with agility and a little speed. He has a good push and would be a very solid nose tackle for a few reasons, namely he can tie up multiple lineman, his agility can cover a couple gaps quickly, and has long arms are good in pass lanes. He's not a great pass rusher though, so as a NT he could be effective clogging up the middle and waving his arms around while Long and Wright (and the OLBs) rushed the passer.
I could see the Browns picking Big Red in the 2nd.

Well, there are several other guys that I would like to take here (see spoiler), but often the Vikes go by the BPA philosophy. So even though it will cause a QB controversy, they have to take this guy here...

Minnesota - Joe Flacco, QB - Delaware

They let one Blue Hen get away, Rich Gannon, so let's see what they do with this one.

I'm not a fan of Tarvaris Jackson. I think he could be a good QB, just not in Childresses system. Jackson needs to be free to use his athleticism to make plays and Brad just will not let him do it. Flacco may or may not be an upgrade, but at least it gives the Vikes a plan B at the position.

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

Earl Bennett, WR - Vanderbilt

Lavelle Hawkins, WR - Cal

Brad Cottam, Te - Tennessee (he's going to really rise post-combine)

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Well, there are several other guys that I would like to take here, but often the Vikes go by the BPA philosophy. So even though it will cause a QB controversy, they have to take this guy here...Minnesota - Joe Flacco, QB - DelawareThey let one Blue Hen get away, Rich Gannon, so let's see what they do with this one.I'm not a fan of Tarvaris Jackson. I think he could be a good QB, just not in Childresses system. Jackson needs to be free to use his athleticism to make plays and Brad just will not let him do it. Flacco may or may not be an upgrade, but at least it gives the Vikes a plan B at the position.
he was gonna be my pick for tampa in the 2nd but couldn't pass on woodson.

Well, there are several other guys that I would like to take here (see spoiler), but often the Vikes go by the BPA philosophy. So even though it will cause a QB controversy, they have to take this guy here...

Minnesota - Joe Flacco, QB - Delaware

They let one Blue Hen get away, Rich Gannon, so let's see what they do with this one.

I'm not a fan of Tarvaris Jackson. I think he could be a good QB, just not in Childresses system. Jackson needs to be free to use his athleticism to make plays and Brad just will not let him do it. Flacco may or may not be an upgrade, but at least it gives the Vikes a plan B at the position.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
Living in DE, I've seen Flacco play in every game he's started as a Blue Hen. He's going to be very, very good. As for your spoiler list, the first WR you listed was one of the two WR I was looking at for the Eagles.

A quick Vikings post-mortem.

1.17 - Reggie Smith, S/CB - Oklahoma

2.16 - Donnie Avery, WR - Houston

3.10 - Traded for Jason Taylor

3.19 - Joe Flacco, QB - Delaware

I would be more than okay if it turned out this way.

- Reggie Smith would be a great compliment to the aging Darren Sharper and upgrade from the not-very-good Dwight Smith. The type of defense the Vikes run requires a more athletic safety.

- It's doubtful that the Vikes will retain Troy Williamson and Avery is probably the fastest guy in the draft. The difference between the two is that Avery doesn't catch the ball like it's an angered hornet's nest.

- Jason Taylor may be older, but he can still bring it. And the Vikes need a guy that can put pressure on since they don't have one on their roster and despite all the drafting they've done at the position it's still quite thin.

- It would have been nice to pick up another WR since I don't think Ferguson will be brought back either, but Flacco is low hanging fruit in the middle of the 3rd. Like I said, I'm not a Jackson guy. Problem with this is that it's going to take him longer to develop than the Vikes have since the door is wide open in the NFC and the Vikes have a foot planted firmly in it with Adrian Peterson and the good but rapidly aging defense.

Work to be done: In rounds four and higher, the Vikings still need to find some depth along the defensive line as well as pick up a more athletic TE option as Visanthe Shiancoe was the stiff we all knew he'd be.

Living in DE, I've seen Flacco play in every game he's started as a Blue Hen. He's going to be very, very good.
That's good news. I'm excited to see what he can do.If I were a real-life GM, I would be terrified in taking a QB. At least at the other positions, if a guy isn't a starter at least he has a chance to play on special teams. If a QB busts, the pick was a complete waste.

Just got back to the office...looks like you took care of it Andy.

Anyone seen my ball? I can't believe my smilies were taken so seriously, you should have seen what I had written before I decided to just go with the smilies...LOL

It's all just an excersize, just show we don't all think the same.

Just got back to the office...looks like you took care of it Andy.Anyone seen my ball? I can't believe my smilies were taken so seriously, you should have seen what I had written before I decided to just go with the smilies...LOLIt's all just an excersize, just show we don't all think the same.
Thumbdown + Rolleyes = fightin' words. It's like calling someone "guy". It's taken VERY seriously. :rolleyes:Again, just teasing about the ball thing.

I've traded my pick to Greenbay for the 91st and GB's 5th rounder.
Did he tell you who he wanted? He PMd me that he'd be back about 2:30.Edit: Nevermind. He said he'd be back at about 2:00. I expect him shortly.

Scrump has left the forum it seems. He left me a PM with the trade offer. If he doesn't show and accept in 5 minutes I'll pick.

Whatever happened to the "no dropping names" rule?

Whatever happened to the "no dropping names" rule?
Never said there was one. :) And it's in the super secret, double probation spoiler tags. What more could I do?

Green Bay has made a trade with Seattle offering them the 91st pick and their 5th rounder for the 86th pick in the draft.

With the 86th pick Green Bay selects Mike McGlynn, OG/OT, from Pittsburgh.

McGlynn is an extremely versatile OL who can play all 5 different positions on the line. He had an outstanding Senior Bowl week, has a nasty demeanor, and will be used as either a guard or OT in Green Bay.

Green Bay has made a trade with Seattle offering them the 91st pick and their 5th rounder for the 86th pick in the draft.With the 86th pick Green Bay selects Mike McGlynn, OG/OT, from Pittsburgh.McGlynn is an extremely versatile OL who can play all 5 different positions on the line. He had an outstanding Senior Bowl week, has a nasty demeanor, and will be used as either a guard or OT in Green Bay.
:confused:

Cleveland Browns:

Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas
Apparently this is a questionable character guy. Caught with ecstasy and something else. He has talent for sure, but he's got some big questions to answer.I'm sure they've got their eye on this guy:

Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa St.

The spoiler tags are a bit silly, but humorous nonetheless.

Green Bay has made a trade with Seattle offering them the 91st pick and their 5th rounder for the 86th pick in the draft.With the 86th pick Green Bay selects Mike McGlynn, OG/OT, from Pittsburgh.McGlynn is an extremely versatile OL who can play all 5 different positions on the line. He had an outstanding Senior Bowl week, has a nasty demeanor, and will be used as either a guard or OT in Green Bay.
:confused:
Going to need to go after a FA cornerback I guess. Missed out on the top tier in the 1st round, then the 2nd tier in the 2nd round. Oh well, we've got some good fits here imo.

Cleveland Browns:

Apparently this is a questionable character guy. Caught with ecstasy and something else. He has talent for sure, but he's got some big questions to answer.I'm sure they've got their eye on this guy:

Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa St.

Soooooooooooooooooooo, I should have picked him for Cincy? :confused:

Cleveland Browns:

Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa St.

Soooooooooooooooooooo, I should have picked him for Cincy? :thumbdown:
I was gonna rush the passUntil I got high

I was gonna kick the QB's ###

But then I got high

I play for the Bengals now, and I know why

Because I got high

Because I got high

Because I got high

A real dilemna here for the Steelers - two guys I like at this spot and I thought one would be gone, but he isn't. What the hell, since this is for fun and is only a three-rounder...

The Steelers select Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry

It was either Benedict or Roy Schuening, who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Steelers' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Faneca. Along with Cherilus, he would fill the spots vacated by Starks and Faneca. However, Benedict is an intriguing guy. He went to HS with my half-brother at The Peddie School in NJ and is something of a freak. 6'5" 335 lbs and supposedly will run a sub 5.0 40 and can bench well over 400 pounds. He's also a mean, nasty SOB just like Cherilus and would fit beautifully in black and gold. Obviously, he's much more of a boom-or-bust guy - he was one of the most highly recruited OL in the nation coming out of HS, signed with Tennessee, got injured and had some academic issues, and transferred to Div 2 Newberry, where he was an All-American. Obviously the level of competition is a concern, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl, where he was able to handle some big-time rushers (and kicked someone's butt as well.). Adding to the mystique is the fact that you can project him either to G or T, meaning that along with Simmons (C or G), Mahan (C or G) and Colon (G or T) the Steelers would be able to do a lot of shuffling in order to find a line that works.

Denver (from Jacksonville) - Dre Moore, DT - Maryland

I really want to take a guy to replace Javon Walker, but there's more depth at the WR spot than there is the DT. And DT is the worst position on the Broncos right now - their run defense is atrocious.

Moore has been a bit inconsistent, but he had his best year as a senior and I love a guy like that - a guy on the rise going into the NFL.

A real dilemna here for the Steelers - two guys I like at this spot and I thought one would be gone, but he isn't. What the hell, since this is for fun and is only a three-rounder...The Steelers select Heath Benedict, OT, NewberryIt was either Benedict or Roy Schuening, who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Steelers' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Faneca. Along with Cherilus, he would fill the spots vacated by Starks and Faneca. However, Benedict is an intriguing guy. He went to HS with my half-brother at The Peddie School in NJ and is something of a freak. 6'5" 335 lbs and supposedly will run a sub 5.0 40 and can bench well over 400 pounds. He's also a mean, nasty SOB just like Cherilus and would fit beautifully in black and gold. Obviously, he's much more of a boom-or-bust guy - he was one of the most highly recruited OL in the nation coming out of HS, signed with Tennessee, got injured and had some academic issues, and transferred to Div 2 Newberry, where he was an All-American. Obviously the level of competition is a concern, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl, where he was able to handle some big-time rushers (and kicked someone's butt as well.). Adding to the mystique is the fact that you can project him either to G or T, meaning that along with Mahan (C or G) and Colon (G or T) the Steelers would be able to do a lot of shuffling in order to find a line that works.
SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A real dilemna here for the Steelers - two guys I like at this spot and I thought one would be gone, but he isn't. What the hell, since this is for fun and is only a three-rounder...

The Steelers select Heath Benedict, OT, Newberry

It was either Benedict or Roy Schuening, who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Steelers' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Faneca. Along with Cherilus, he would fill the spots vacated by Starks and Faneca. However, Benedict is an intriguing guy. He went to HS with my half-brother at The Peddie School in NJ and is something of a freak. 6'5" 335 lbs and supposedly will run a sub 5.0 40 and can bench well over 400 pounds. He's also a mean, nasty SOB just like Cherilus and would fit beautifully in black and gold. Obviously, he's much more of a boom-or-bust guy - he was one of the most highly recruited OL in the nation coming out of HS, signed with Tennessee, got injured and had some academic issues, and transferred to Div 2 Newberry, where he was an All-American. Obviously the level of competition is a concern, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl, where he was able to handle some big-time rushers (and kicked someone's butt as well.). Adding to the mystique is the fact that you can project him either to G or T, meaning that along with Mahan (C or G) and Colon (G or T) the Steelers would be able to do a lot of shuffling in order to find a line that works.
SSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Damn it... did I say that out loud? Am I talking? Can they hear me?

A real dilemna here for the Steelers - two guys I like at this spot and I thought one would be gone, but he isn't. What the hell, since this is for fun and is only a three-rounder...The Steelers select Heath Benedict, OT, NewberryIt was either Benedict or Roy Schuening, who I thought would be off the board by now and probably would be the Steelers' pick. Scheuning is a solid, unspectacular, well-rounded G prospect who could step in relatively quickly to replace Faneca. Along with Cherilus, he would fill the spots vacated by Starks and Faneca. However, Benedict is an intriguing guy. He went to HS with my half-brother at The Peddie School in NJ and is something of a freak. 6'5" 335 lbs and supposedly will run a sub 5.0 40 and can bench well over 400 pounds. He's also a mean, nasty SOB just like Cherilus and would fit beautifully in black and gold. Obviously, he's much more of a boom-or-bust guy - he was one of the most highly recruited OL in the nation coming out of HS, signed with Tennessee, got injured and had some academic issues, and transferred to Div 2 Newberry, where he was an All-American. Obviously the level of competition is a concern, but he impressed at the Senior Bowl, where he was able to handle some big-time rushers (and kicked someone's butt as well.). Adding to the mystique is the fact that you can project him either to G or T, meaning that along with Simmons (C or G), Mahan (C or G) and Colon (G or T) the Steelers would be able to do a lot of shuffling in order to find a line that works.
I had you tagged for McGlynn all the way here.

[jimrome] Steeler fans.... react to me !!! [/jimrome]

What do you guys think of that 1st 3 rounds? Gosder Cherilus, OT - Lawrence Jackson, DE - Heath Benedict OT/OG?

I figure rounds 4-7 will probably see a flyer RB, probably a CB that would fit a cover 2 but fell because of a lack of timed speed, possibly an ILB prospect, and maybe a widebody at DT.

Users who are viewing this thread