What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft - three rounds. Draft started (2 Viewers)

The Green Bay Packers select....Trevor Laws, DT, Notre DameThis guy's got Ted Thompson written all over him. A poor man's Sedrick Ellis who actually moved to DE in 2007 and registered a ridiculous 112 tackles.....8 were for a loss, and 4 were sacks. He's a non-stop motor guy who constantly penetrates the line to make plays. His only drawback is his height from what I can tell. Laws was a beast at the Senior Bowl and will fit into Green Bay's front 4 rotation immediately. Corey who?I freaking love this guy.
booooo :D

The Green Bay Packers select....Trevor Laws, DT, Notre DameThis guy's got Ted Thompson written all over him. A poor man's Sedrick Ellis who actually moved to DE in 2007 and registered a ridiculous 112 tackles.....8 were for a loss, and 4 were sacks. He's a non-stop motor guy who constantly penetrates the line to make plays. His only drawback is his height from what I can tell. Laws was a beast at the Senior Bowl and will fit into Green Bay's front 4 rotation immediately. Corey who?I freaking love this guy.
booooo :D
I know. You just missed him. He would've looked great starting next to Chris Long in Miami.

49ers select: Frank Okam DT/DE

Wasn't really sure where to go here, but it seems he could play DE in the 3-4 and Bryant Young can't play forever. Still some nice WR's on the board.. thought about safety but didn't know anything about them.

booooo ;)
I know. You just missed him. He would've looked great starting next to Chris Long in Miami.
Yea.. my list is disappearing right before my eyes.

booooo :hophead:
Yea.. my list is disappearing right before my eyes.
I was debating b/t Laws and Anthony Collins with this pick. You were kind enough to make that decision for me. :(Collins could be special.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Atrium just went nuts with people booing. I, however, love the pick. :shrug:

The Atrium just went nuts with people booing. I, however, love the pick. :nerd:
i can hear Dana Jacobson cursing out the selection of a Notre Dame player ..!!!

yellowdog said:
Reaper said:
To me Ray Rice is a very poor Man's Leon Washington.

Team needs Linemen and a pass rusher.
Ray Rice and Leon Washington are not even remotely similar. Ray Rice is more similar to Emmitt Smith than Leon. It may not be where the Jets go, but the comparison is off.
:shrug: Rice is never going to be a KR/home-run hitter. Despite his dimensions, he is a between-the tackles back, very much like Emmitt.

Aaronstory said:
scrumptrulescent said:
The Atrium just went nuts with people booing. I, however, love the pick. :thumbup:
I think it's a great fit and a TT type pick. I'm convinced now that there can never be enough DL and OL picks.If they don't trust TT now, they need to just go get drunk and be fat somewhere.

Mr. Peterson said:
The Bills should trade thier second 3rd rounder to the Broncos for Javon Walker :thumbup:
:unsure:If Walker's available, Chicago might be willing to provide our young franchise QB a reliable outlet (when healthy). Pick #90 would work.

Mr. Peterson said:
The Bills should trade thier second 3rd rounder to the Broncos for Javon Walker :wall:
:lmao:If Walker's available, Chicago might be willing to provide our young franchise QB a reliable outlet (when healthy). Pick #90 would work.
Walker was traded earlier in this draft to Jacksonville for their 3rd rounder.

Since he did check in, I'm sure yitbos will be back soon. I'd like to wait for him to make those picks.

My patience expires at 11:15, though.

Miami's selection:

Joseph "Red" Bryant - NT - Texas A&MThe monster DT they need to anchor the line... being slowed by last years injury hurt his stock.. but he can be developed into stud. Adding Long and Bryant with Rod Wright at the other end is a good start too switching to a 3-4.

Miami's selection:

Joseph "Red" Bryant - NT - Texas A&MThe monster DT they need to anchor the line... being slowed by last years injury hurt his stock.. but he can be developed into stud. Adding Long and Bryant with Rod Wright at the other end is a good start too switching to a 3-4.
That would be a coup.
What do you know about him?There are a few nice names left on the board.

Ok there are some needs at DE and FS for the Panthers, but I don't like any at this spot in the draft. They may address either one in FA.

I think this coming year is a make or break for Coach Fox. The Panthers like to run and were not able to do so last year.

The Panthers select RB Matt Forte, the big back they need. Bye Foster(cut cut cut)! New RBBC with Forte and DeAngelo Williams.

Ok there are some needs at DE and FS for the Panthers, but I don't like any at this spot in the draft. They may address either one in FA.I think this coming year is a make or break for Coach Fox. The Panthers like to run and were not able to do so last year.The Panthers select RB Matt Forte, the big back they need. Bye Foster(cut cut cut)! New RBBC with Forte and DeAngelo Williams.
About time the Panthers cut bait with Foster. What a waste.

Aaronstory said:
scrumptrulescent said:
The Green Bay Packers select....

Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame

This guy's got Ted Thompson written all over him. A poor man's Sedrick Ellis who actually moved to DE in 2007 and registered a ridiculous 112 tackles.....8 were for a loss, and 4 were sacks. He's a non-stop motor guy who constantly penetrates the line to make plays. His only drawback is his height from what I can tell. Laws was a beast at the Senior Bowl and will fit into Green Bay's front 4 rotation immediately. Corey who?

I freaking love this guy.
The Atrium just went nuts with people booing. I, however, love the pick. :mellow:
I think it's a great fit and a TT type pick. I'm convinced now that there can never be enough DL and OL picks.If they don't trust TT now, they need to just go get drunk and be fat somewhere.
It's called Oshkosh...

Was very close to going a different way here, but one of the others will slip to #90.

Here, Chicago takes Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee

Miami's selection:

That would be a coup.
What do you know about him?There are a few nice names left on the board.
From a physical standpoint, he's as good (or better) then the other interior DLs in the draft. 6'5, a solid 330 or so with agility and a little speed. He has a good push and would be a very solid nose tackle for a few reasons, namely he can tie up multiple lineman, his agility can cover a couple gaps quickly, and has long arms are good in pass lanes. He's not a great pass rusher though, so as a NT he could be effective clogging up the middle and waving his arms around while Long and Wright (and the OLBs) rushed the passer.

I wonder if TheWick took his ball and went home. I sent him an email. :)

I think the Saints pick is another easy one...

Saints

Jerod Mayo, ILB - Tennessee

An absolute steal in the 3rd - particularly since it's one of New Orleans' biggest needs.

The Texans select:

Kevin Smith, Central Florida (6-1/211

This pick starts the overhaul of the Texans Backfield. I would rather them get him or another rb in the 4th but I dont think those guys make it to the middle of the 4th. Also if Smith makes it this far in the real draft someone is gonna get a steal. Wanted to go safety here but fear that the rb i wanted would not make to the middle rds and after Rice/Charles, Smith is my next guy.

The Texans select:Kevin Smith, Central Florida (6-1/211This pick starts the overhaul of the Texans Backfield. I would rather them get him or another rb in the 4th but I dont think those guys make it to the middle of the 4th. Also if Smith makes it this far in the real draft someone is gonna get a steal. Wanted to go safety here but fear that the rb i wanted would not make to the middle rds and after Rice/Charles, Smith is my next guy.
That's a really good pick for the Texans.

There's a trade proposal between Kirby and Keys that I'm confirming.

Keys is wandering around the pool. I hope he shows up soon.
Oakland trades the 2.07 and Oakland's 4th round pick for the 2.01.Oakland selects:

Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

Oakland has a good running game right now, but putrid backs to run with it. Felix is great at sneaking through holes and making stuff happen. I'm a Mizzou fan, and although it was only one game, I thought Jones looked as good as any college runner I've seen.

Yes, including that other Arkansas back.

Defense and rushing. That's going to be Raider football for a while.

Oakland is done with this mock draft now.
With Fargas signing a 3 yr. deal, we're going to need a do-over. :( How about the same FBGers plan on another one of these sometime next month? :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread