What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft - three rounds. Draft started (1 Viewer)

Nine more...

Arizona

Baltimore

Buffalo

Denver

New England

Oakland

Philadelphia

Seattle

Tampa Bay

Tennessee

Come on, Norwood, you're a Bills fan aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to take Denver for my second.

Four teams left...

Baltimore

Buffalo

Seattle

Tennessee

I'm going to take Denver for my second.

Four teams left...

Baltimore

Buffalo

Seattle

Tennessee
Okay, in the interest of getting started, we'll say that I'll take these last two - Baltimore and Tennessee - until someone shows up to claim them.We can start anytime Miami is ready.

I'd like Green Bay if possible.
I'm not normally exclusionary, but since you registered today I have to ask - will you be around to finish this?
Yes Andy. I've just been a spectator to this point, but I want in on this draft. I'll be here.
Okay. No problemo.
If you need a GB back-up, I'll be around all day..(no offense scrumptrulescent. Just lookin out for the Green and Gold... :lmao: )

Only 26 more teams to go!

I'm sure we won't get that many people, so pick two if you want.
:thumbup: In that case, I'll take Caroline and go B2b
I can't acess youtube here at work, so can you interpret for me what you're saying here? Do you mean Carolina?
yes, Carolina. If anyone doesn't like the idea of somone having B2B picks, or if someone is a true Panthers fan, I'll take Tennessee instead.

Is there a time limit on the picks?

PS: Is anyone else doing this from work???? if so, how productive are we??

I will be in a meeting until noon EST - will be around rest of the day after that.
You should be okay. I don't think we'll be getting to your spot until the afternoon.I'm out from about 11-12:30, but I'm sure you all can continue on without me. If not, just be patient until I return.

If no one takes Tennessee by the time they're OTC, I'll do it, since they're adjacent to PIT for the first two rounds. Maybe COlin should catch a PM here, though.....

We doing this in here?

With the first pick in the 2008 NFL draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

Chris Long - DE - Virginia

It's hard to pick when most of the top players could start for you right away. I think the Dolphins will try to trade down, they have a lot of needs and extra picks would help. Many of the mocks have them going with Dorsey, but I just can't see Parcells going with a DT with the number 1 pick. A look back at other drafts confirmed that a lot of tackles that were first off the board have not lived up to the hype. That's a lot of money to blow, so I went with what I think is the safest way to spend your 30 million dollars.

We don't know if Miami is going with a 4-3 or a 3-4 and with this pick it doesn't matter. Long played in a 3-4 at Virginia and posted 14 sacks this year... he would be fine as a 4-3 end also. Big, strong, athletic with a non-stop motor. Justin Smith with the ability to post double digit sacks. What more do you want from your first pick?

We doing this in here?

It's hard to pick when most of the top players could start for you right away. I think the Dolphins will try to trade down, they have a lot of needs and extra picks would help. Many of the mocks have them going with Dorsey, but I just can't see Parcells going with a DT with the number 1 pick. A look back at other drafts confirmed that a lot of tackles that were first off the board have not lived up to the hype. That's a lot of money to blow, so I went with what I think is the safest way to spend your 30 million dollars.

We don't know if Miami is going with a 4-3 or a 3-4 and with this pick it doesn't matter. Long played in a 3-4 at Virginia and posted 14 sacks this year... he would be fine as a 4-3 end also. Big, strong, athletic with a non-stop motor. Justin Smith with the ability to post double digit sacks. What more do you want from your first pick?
That's who I'd take if I were Miami too. Good start.

We doing this in here?

nice pick

With the second pick in the 2008 NFL draft the St.Louis Rams select

DE Vernon Gholston - Ohio State

Rams continue to address there defensive front and get one heck of a pass rusher. After the combine he may be ahead of Chris Long on several teams boards. The emergence of Clifton Ryan and solid play of Adam Carriker last year makes is much easier to look past Glenn Dorsey. If there were a Henderson, Haynesworth, Stroud type HUGE DT at the top of this draft that would have been the pick.

With the second pick in the 2008 NFL draft the St.Louis Rams selectDE Vernon Gholston - Ohio StateRams continue to address there defensive front and get one heck of a pass rusher. After the combine he may be ahead of Chris Long on several teams boards.
wow...interesting pick

Rams continue to address there defensive front and get one heck of a pass rusher. After the combine he may be ahead of Chris Long on several teams boards. The emergence of Clifton Ryan and solid play of Adam Carriker last year makes is much easier to look past Glenn Dorsey. If there were a Henderson, Haynesworth, Stroud type HUGE DT at the top of this draft that would have been the pick.
Really? That seems awfully early for Gholston and are they really going to keep Carriker inside?

Really? That seems awfully early for Gholston and are they really going to keep Carriker inside?
x2... I'd think they'd move Carriker back to end and draft one of the DTs.

I don't think there are any players in this draft with as much upside as Gholston. He is the #2 player on my board. Rams need to get more athletic on defense, I believe he is the pick. I would have rather moved to 4 or 5 and taken him but in the interest of time I rolled with it.

x2... I'd think they'd move Carriker back to end and draft one of the DTs.
Agreed, Dorsey would have been a no-brainer here, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread